FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Question about Chams

Question about Chams

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is there a lot of people there under 35? Or is it mostly an older crowd?

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

All ages,

Only been at weekend but very mixed

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I would say the majority are in their 40s , but it is a mixed age range, some older that this and some younger.

I've made a fair amount of friends there that are my age. Having said that it's usually mixed.

I've found nearly every club has an average age in their 40's and 50's with a spattering of younger and older apart from infusions as a lot of "party goers" think it will be fun. They don't swing just prance around in underwear. I've always said clubs should hold under 40's nights every once in a while

By *ackndianeCouple  over a year ago

New bridge

Apologies and not really relevant to ops post but am wondering how far chameleons is from Birmingham city centre and how much would a taxi cost to get there.diane

By *ndigo40Woman  over a year ago

secret town

"Apologies and not really relevant to ops post but am wondering how far chameleons is from Birmingham city centre and how much would a taxi cost to get there.diane"

Do we look like a taxi drivers with a sat nav

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Apologies and not really relevant to ops post but am wondering how far chameleons is from Birmingham city centre and how much would a taxi cost to get there.diane"
Using a Taxi Fare guesstimation web site:

Trip is 18.3 km, 28 mins

Estimated Taxi Fare £40.08 (Average traffic)

Other possible fares

11:00PM to 4:00AM: £44.78

Obviously heavy traffic would increase that. The route use the M5 & M6, both of which are prone to heavy traffic.

Chams have a recommended taxi company for local hotels, but I don't think they'd be any cheaper for such a long journey.

Are you tied to staying in the City centre?

New bridge

Yes unfortunately due to work commitments.diane

Chams is about 20 mins from brum city centre and don't think a taxi would be 40 quid best thing is phone the club they would help you on that matter. They have hotel rooms as well if wanting to stay

Someone asking for advice doesn't really ask for a sarcastic answer

If you prebook a taxi I reckon it will be £25/ £30 but check with the club they probably have a preferred taxi firm they use

By *ootballFlowerCouple  over a year ago

Ollerton

"I've found nearly every club has an average age in their 40's and 50's with a spattering of younger and older apart from infusions as a lot of "party goers" think it will be fun. They don't swing just prance around in underwear. I've always said clubs should hold under 40's nights every once in a while "

How would this work for us?

secret town

"Someone asking for advice doesn't really ask for a sarcastic answer "

Surely he can find out how far it is and how much it is himself

When I go to tescos I don't start a thread about how far is tescos from my house and how much every item costs

True but you probably go to tesco every time you go shopping.as this is a swinging site and probably never een to a swingers club they were asking for some information about how far the club was from Birmingham and taxi costs as lots of people on this site have been too.They didn't ask for childish comments from someone who doesn't have a clue about the swinging community

By *arewithmeMan  over a year ago

Craven Arms

"Someone asking for advice doesn't really ask for a sarcastic answer "

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"Is there a lot of people there under 35? Or is it mostly an older crowd?

Thanks "

Can't say I asked people's ages when we went. Seemed to be mixed ages

"Someone asking for advice doesn't really ask for a sarcastic answer

When I go to tescos I don't start a thread about how far is tescos from my house and how much every item costs "

'He' was signing messages with a ladies name. And I've seen taxi drivers I fancy more than you, and I'm not far off being a nazi. .

Just saying

New bridge

To everyone who took the time to answer our question a very sincere thank you to you all. We have never been in that part of the country and are just trying to find our feet before we go.you have all been very kind and thoughtful xx.to the lady who has problems returning home from Tesco my sympathies.in fairness to the op I think this thread should return to its original question and apologies for hijacking it .thank you all again you are what makes fab such a great site for swingers.regards diane

secret town

"Someone asking for advice doesn't really ask for a sarcastic answer

When I go to tescos I don't start a thread about how far is tescos from my house and how much every item costs

'He' was signing messages with a ladies name. And I've seen taxi drivers I fancy more than you, and I'm not far off being a nazi. .

Just saying "

Well I'm not into obese bi men anyway

So crack on

By *ove bi guysWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

"To everyone who took the time to answer our question a very sincere thank you to you all. We have never been in that part of the country and are just trying to find our feet before we go.you have all been very kind and thoughtful xx.to the lady who has problems returning home from Tesco my sympathies.in fairness to the op I think this thread should return to its original question and apologies for hijacking it .thank you all again you are what makes fab such a great site for swingers.regards diane "

Take no heed .... if I was you I'd think about downloading uber ... you can get fare estimate and arguing about fare it's set and you pay by card or PayPal automatically at the end of the journey.

Handy to use in many cities, not just brum x

By *rummiePartyManMan  over a year ago

birmingham

It does Chams no credit if people who may be members of that club adopt a caustic attitude to innocent questions being asked.

I hope that the people in question find it easier to strike up friendly conversation when they get to the club than they have encountered on this thread.

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

I've paid between 18 and 25 to Chams from the city centre. Do not use a black cab as this will double the charge.

By *ymph and ManicCouple  over a year ago

North East

"To everyone who took the time to answer our question a very sincere thank you to you all. We have never been in that part of the country and are just trying to find our feet before we go.you have all been very kind and thoughtful xx.to the lady who has problems returning home from Tesco my sympathies.in fairness to the op I think this thread should return to its original question and apologies for hijacking it .thank you all again you are what makes fab such a great site for swingers.regards diane

Take no heed .... if I was you I'd think about downloading uber ... you can get fare estimate and arguing about fare it's set and you pay by card or PayPal automatically at the end of the journey.

Handy to use in many cities, not just brum x"

....you are actually taking g the piss re uber taxis aren't you ????? ... a friend got charged 38 quid for a 12 quid trip .. because of surge charge ... .. .. total disgrace ... .. but .. any local taxi firms or the club's preferred firm will be best ... .. . As others have said .. ask club .. they really are helpful .. after all more people that attend .. better atmosphere .. more cash .. .. and encouraging reviews ... its a good circle for them .. and enables us all to enjoy the club etc etc ... ...

There are hotel rooms at chams great value or there is a hotel park of junction 10 or the watefront premier inn at Walsall 5 minutes walk from train station x

Birmingham

"To everyone who took the time to answer our question a very sincere thank you to you all. We have never been in that part of the country and are just trying to find our feet before we go.you have all been very kind and thoughtful xx.to the lady who has problems returning home from Tesco my sympathies.in fairness to the op I think this thread should return to its original question and apologies for hijacking it .thank you all again you are what makes fab such a great site for swingers.regards diane

Handy to use in many cities, not just brum x....you are actually taking g the piss re uber taxis aren't you ????? ... a friend got charged 38 quid for a 12 quid trip .. because of surge charge ... .. .. total disgrace ... .. but .. any local taxi firms or the club's preferred firm will be best ... .. . As others have said .. ask club .. they really are helpful .. after all more people that attend .. better atmosphere .. more cash .. .. and encouraging reviews ... its a good circle for them .. and enables us all to enjoy the club etc etc ... ... "

I speak as I find and I am not taking the piss ..... no surcharge to my knowledge. They increase fares at peak times or when low driver availability but you have to click to agree before car is sent.

Taxi for me into Brum city center is £12/13 with uber it's never over £10.

Maybe your friend didn't take as much notice as they should before accepting the increased fare.

Birmingham

"There are hotel rooms at chams great value or there is a hotel park of junction 10 or the watefront premier inn at Walsall 5 minutes walk from train station x"

If you look in trivago or hotels.com there are often good prices at the village and holiday inn to be had too. .. jct 10

"I've found nearly every club has an average age in their 40's and 50's with a spattering of younger and older apart from infusions as a lot of "party goers" think it will be fun. They don't swing just prance around in underwear. I've always said clubs should hold under 40's nights every once in a while

How would this work for us?"

You'd go on any other night???

I'm 24 and when I've gone I'm usually one of the if not the youngest, it can vary night to night but I'd say you usually get a good mix but leaning more towards a slightly older crowd.

By *ymruambythCouple  over a year ago

grantham

I have no idea how feasible this is, but if you were not fussed about paying full fare at the end of the night (traffic will be quieter at least), then perhaps a local transport link to Walsall or Wolverhampton and then a taxi from there, would be an option to keep costs down? There may even be direct buses from Brum city centre to Darlaston town centre, which would bring Chams within walking distance

By *ymruambythCouple  over a year ago

grantham

Right, here's an option for getting there from Birmingham City Centre....

Starting at New Street at 7:15pm weekdays, get the Midland Metro tram towards 'Wolverhampton St Georges'. Get off at 'West Bromwich Central' - its an 18 minute trip.

From the bus station (1 min walk from the tram stop), get the Number 79 to 'Wolverhampton' from Platform S. Get off at 'Darlaston Interchange'. This is a 21 minute trip.

Chameleons is a 2 minute walk from there. Would get you there at 8pm

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"Right, here's an option for getting there from Birmingham City Centre....

Starting at New Street at 7:15pm weekdays, get the Midland Metro tram towards 'Wolverhampton St Georges'. Get off at 'West Bromwich Central' - its an 18 minute trip.

From the bus station (1 min walk from the tram stop), get the Number 79 to 'Wolverhampton' from Platform S. Get off at 'Darlaston Interchange'. This is a 21 minute trip.

Chameleons is a 2 minute walk from there. Would get you there at 8pm

"

Another alternative is train from New Street to Walsall then bus to Darlaston. No ideas on times and which bus until I look it up but it`s another option!

» Add a new message to this topic