FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Quest club smokers.....

Quest club smokers.....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has anyone else been to Quest at Leeds and been put off by the stink if cigarettes all over the club due to the 'smoking room' being situated in the centre? We did. It was awful, could even smell it in hot tub!

Its a shame as the club on a whole is clean and quite nice but it wont be for long!....oh and the asian men that think they can do as they please to ANY woman...off putting, hubby nearly battered one of them!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Has anyone else been to Quest at Leeds and been put off by the stink if cigarettes all over the club due to the 'smoking room' being situated in the centre? We did. It was awful, could even smell it in hot tub!

Its a shame as the club on a whole is clean and quite nice but it wont be for long!....oh and the asian men that think they can do as they please to ANY woman...off putting, hubby nearly battered one of them!"

Did you tell the staff of management about it?

That struck me first time I went too, it is very noticable. I dont smoke and have no issue with smokers at all but Im suprised it isnt vented away a bit better, it does drift into the rest of the place. Quest is very nice otherwise though.

By *na_Luv_4PlayCouple  over a year ago

Santa lucia de Tirajana

"Has anyone else been to Quest at Leeds and been put off by the stink if cigarettes all over the club due to the 'smoking room' being situated in the centre? We did. It was awful, could even smell it in hot tub!

Its a shame as the club on a whole is clean and quite nice but it wont be for long!....oh and the asian men that think they can do as they please to ANY woman...off putting, hubby nearly battered one of them!"

We have visited Quest many times are both not smokers and has never put us off, But to be honest our worst thought is of any violence so the thought that your hubby was thinking of battering someone would put us off more.

[Removed by poster at 22/01/17 10:16:41]

It got beyond the realms of acceptable, the men in question were showing a total disregard for me as a woman and extremely disrespectful. If your hubby is happy with that then thats your issue. My husband is extremely mild mannered as arule but he could see it was getting out of hand.

We left.

"We left."
So you left without giving any feedback to the club but decide to do it online. what is it with people these days having to hide behind a computer screen. If you have problems you tell the staff there and then to prevent it happening again e.g. the single males you are on about so they are punnished and learn so they don't ruin other peoples nights.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"We left. So you left without giving any feedback to the club but decide to do it online. what is it with people these days having to hide behind a computer screen. If you have problems you tell the staff there and then to prevent it happening again e.g. the single males you are on about so they are punnished and learn so they don't ruin other peoples nights."

I agree that feedback should be given directly to the club. Clubs are often slated online without being given the chance to discuss an rectify matters as and when they happen.

I did have to laugh at your hiding comment though Mr Silhouette man Haha xxx

Weirdly we have never noticed the smell of smoke despite as you say the smoking room being situated in a weird place, albeit we mostly go on couples night when it's crazily busy so the smell of perfume / aftershave probably masks it.

We have been once in a night allowing single guys and we actually made comment about how well behaved they were in comparison to other clubs, but as most clubs It depends on the single guys that are in that night as a lot do try to behave inappropriately but a firm no will usually do the trick

Regarding saying leave feedback to the club it's not always easy to do on the night, sometimes staff are too busy or as is this case the behaviour seems to have gone far beyond acceptable that a usually mild mannered man wanted to smack one one of them then they probably wanted to get out of the club - rape / sexual touching without consent isn't allowed in any other situation so I don't see how a swingers club is any different, people are there to choose who they have a sexual encounter with not be forced upon them and I'm pretty certain if anyone did that to H my reaction would not be as polite as this chap in question. That being said I do hope they fed this back to the club once they left, either on here or by giving them a call as they are exceptionally approachable people

It's a hard situation for clubs to deal with single men, most are really well behave but when alcohol is involved (or just plain arrogance) they tend to overstep the mark so as a community we need to make clubs aware and security of the situation as I think you will agree the last thing we want is security stood in playrooms as that would just kill the mood

We have been to quest many times and it's a great club with great people but with every club you can catch them in a bad night and this was it for the OP

"We left. So you left without giving any feedback to the club but decide to do it online. what is it with people these days having to hide behind a computer screen. If you have problems you tell the staff there and then to prevent it happening again e.g. the single males you are on about so they are punnished and learn so they don't ruin other peoples nights.

I agree that feedback should be given directly to the club. Clubs are often slated online without being given the chance to discuss an rectify matters as and when they happen.

I did have to laugh at your hiding comment though Mr Silhouette man Haha xxx"

haha that is ironic for a different reason

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

I think you've had a bad night.

To be honest the first two times we went to quest it didn't even dawn on us that there was a smoking room.

After seeing your post yesterday and because we were visiting last night I paid more attention to it than usual. When I passed the outside of the room I could smell it, but we spent most of our time in the large cinema room and it certainly did not carry that far.

I can only assume either the door had been left open or there were more smokers than normal on the night you visited.

The unacceptable behaviour by anyone, males, females, couples is out of line. No means no.

Without more details it's hard to know what they were doing, but I agree if you have told someone no and language does not work then physical stopping them would cross my mind too.

We would probably have left too, but we would have also mentioned it to the owners. As if they don't know they can't act and online feedback is less useful to an owner as the horse has bolted.

I'm surprised others did not step in to help. Most swingers we have met are a friendly bunch and would chip in if someone was being threaten with unwanted behaviour.

Sorry to hear your experience was poor. We've been very fortunate that our experiences at quest, la chambre, cupids and partners have all been positive.

Far from hiding, staff seemeed to be fewand i was hardly going to start complaining in a packed bar!

Added to the thread that the staff at Quest were absolutely fine and the club itself is well equipped and clean.

May have been a bad experience but my thoughts are mine and i needed to air them.

Townhouse the review protocal is not solely for positive reviews....freedom of speech etc

By *r an Mrs xMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Least no phones. No lost shoes. All we hear about quest is good. Not every visit to every club will be the best ever ..... Hard to be great every day of the year .... Try it again ..... Tunnel King ? ..... We heard he's hiding his bi tendencies too.

"Least no phones. No lost shoes. All we hear about quest is good. Not every visit to every club will be the best ever ..... Hard to be great every day of the year .... Try it again ..... Tunnel King ? ..... We heard he's hiding his bi tendencies too. "
People wish I was bi! That is purely for people who pm me from forums to be told how wrong they are

"Least no phones. No lost shoes. All we hear about quest is good. Not every visit to every club will be the best ever ..... Hard to be great every day of the year .... Try it again ..... Tunnel King ? ..... We heard he's hiding his bi tendencies too. People wish I was bi! That is purely for people who pm me from forums to be told how wrong they are "

Sorry about that... but your posts just turn me on

"Least no phones. No lost shoes. All we hear about quest is good. Not every visit to every club will be the best ever ..... Hard to be great every day of the year .... Try it again ..... Tunnel King ? ..... We heard he's hiding his bi tendencies too. People wish I was bi! That is purely for people who pm me from forums to be told how wrong they are

Sorry about that... but your posts just turn me on"

likewise, if I was bi you would so get it

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Townhouse the review protocal is not solely for positive reviews....freedom of speech etc"

Did I say it was?! Lol I was purely saying that clubs should be given the opportunity to discuss problems there and then before taking it online. I didn't mention positive reviews once in my response....did I? Pmsl

No not saying that just reviews both good and bad need not be disected. Its a personal opinion. In our opinion the club isnt a patch on the likes of Chameleons or ClubF but others may think differently. The disrespectful nature of some of the men can be taken as rudeness or over keenness its all down to the individual but the fact no one can get away from is the smoking room.... dont really see the need for one tbh.

"No not saying that just reviews both good and bad need not be disected. Its a personal opinion. In our opinion the club isnt a patch on the likes of Chameleons or ClubF but others may think differently. The disrespectful nature of some of the men can be taken as rudeness or over keenness its all down to the individual but the fact no one can get away from is the smoking room.... dont really see the need for one tbh. "

I have no dog in this fight... but the smokers paid an entree fee, just like you and unless they were smoking someplace besides the designated smoking area.. they have a right to be in this club and have fun just like yourself.....I don't think the owners or staff can do anything about your keen nose for cigarette smoke...

Agreed Bbc, just dont see why the smokers corner is situated centrally and not somewhere more ventilated....like the middle of the North Sea!

liverpool

There's strict laws regarding smoking ....must be 3 sides open ..... Tunnel King .... Always potting the brown in our club

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"There's strict laws regarding smoking ....must be 3 sides open ..... Tunnel King .... Always potting the brown in our club "

PMSL

"There's strict laws regarding smoking ....must be 3 sides open ..... Tunnel King .... Always potting the brown in our club "
aye that babe last night liked a bit of anal

Ha ha ha

liverpool

"There's strict laws regarding smoking ....must be 3 sides open ..... Tunnel King .... Always potting the brown in our club aye that babe last night liked a bit of anal "

I know I saw. The strap on she had was bigger than my pork sword I wondered why she was after a gag for u

"There's strict laws regarding smoking ....must be 3 sides open ..... Tunnel King .... Always potting the brown in our club aye that babe last night liked a bit of anal

I know I saw. The strap on she had was bigger than my pork sword I wondered why she was after a gag for u "

Bigger than you're BWC she might be that bit of quality sand that I've been looking to bring to the beach sometime. So you saw me digging tunnels like Charles Bronson in the great escape hey (Danny tunnel king)

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think it would be better to split to two different complaints as i think that would be much more constructive......

where a smoking room is positioned is a different discussion, to the behaviour of people

It's a private members club. So the law doesn't count. Well that what I'm assuming as the room is inside.

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

I (Mr) can smell cig smoke a mile off, if I'm driving and stationary and the car in front has someone smoking, or if there is a smoker in the street, I can smell it.

We were at Quest this Saturday and certainly couldn't smell any smoke.

I agree it would have been better to mention it to staff, it could have been as simple as a door left open or an extractor switched off by mistake. It is only fair and sensible to give somewhere opportunity to sort things out there and then.

By *jxxxxCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

We go a couple of times a month and have never smelt the smoke outside the room.

I suppose everyone's nose is different but the pleasure/ convenience that room actually brings smokers is great - how many clubs make their guests stand on a street in front of passing neighbours??

I do though echo everyone's comments above - if you've got a problem tell the owners, I'm amazed everytime I visit with the extra mile they go to help out both their new and existing customers. Don't be shy, they love the feedback and really do sort things out.

Having been to 8/9 different clubs now I'd say this is easily one of if not the best club around. Let's not hang the owners for showing they're willing to go the extra mile again, even if it is just for the dirty smokers

By *jxxxxCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

"No not saying that just reviews both good and bad need not be disected. Its a personal opinion. In our opinion the club isnt a patch on the likes of Chameleons or ClubF but others may think differently. The disrespectful nature of some of the men can be taken as rudeness or over keenness its all down to the individual but the fact no one can get away from is the smoking room.... dont really see the need for one tbh. "

Being a non smoker you wouldn't would you. I know people who don't like a game of pool but they understand the desire for a pool table by others. I think it's all to do with people having choice.

I'm gonna throw this out there.... I don't go to club f because of a horrendous experience with the staff in there (yep their fault entirely). I don't go to chameleons because it's too far. I don't try to change these things as they are not in my control. I vote with my feet. If the club situation of smoking is intolerable to you.... I think you can see where I'm going with this.

"

I'm gonna throw this out there.... I don't go to club f because of a horrendous experience with the staff in there (yep their fault entirely). I don't go to chameleons because it's too far. I don't try to change these things as they are not in my control. I vote with my feet. If the club situation of smoking is intolerable to you.... I think you can see where I'm going with this. "

Couldn't agree more. If you don't like it don't go.

Also read your review. Not everyone wants to be shut away in a private room If we wanted that I could stay at home.

For us and a lot of people that's the reason we go to clubs. Not to be locked away

I love quest and normally the first thing that hits you is the smell of bleach from cleaning. Always lovely and clean, staff are always helpful and happy to obligue, never had a bad experience there, can't rate it enough xx

By *enny Ls8Man  over a year ago

leeds

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"I love quest and normally the first thing that hits you is the smell of bleach from cleaning. Always lovely and clean, staff are always helpful and happy to obligue, never had a bad experience there, can't rate it enough xx"

Couldn't agree more, that's why we travel to Quest from Durham as our chosen club. Maybe a little further than our local club but well worth the travel

» Add a new message to this topic