FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Townhouse using profile update rather than, Discussion

Townhouse using profile update rather than, Discussion

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why is it not discussed in here?

I'm looking to select club. So seeing all positive posts in here.

Then the negative posts go on local updates.

Confusing to say the least??

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

"Why is it not discussed in here?

"

why not look on the club reviews?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

why not look on the club reviews?"

Aren't posts in reviews by others,who have visited and left their impression of their visit,but local updates are status updates by the profiler

Aren't posts in reviews by others,who have visited and left their impression of their visit,but local updates are status updates by the profiler "

I leave no stone unturned. And as mentioned in a few forum threads the negative posts on clubs have a habit of dissappearing

why not look on the club reviews?"

Of course I have. No stone left unturned. Honing info from all sources. Thanks for the advice though

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Would you like to share the details of the statuses here as I haven't seen any to be honest?

People can use their statuses as they wish as long as it's not naming and shaming.

Not sure I see your point if I'm honest?

Aren't posts in reviews by others,who have visited and left their impression of their visit,but local updates are status updates by the profiler I leave no stone unturned. And as mentioned in a few forum threads the negative posts on clubs have a habit of dissappearing "

But how can posts disappear? Once posted there on reviews,or on a forum thread there is the option to remove your comments,but only for a few momments.

Aren't posts in reviews by others,who have visited and left their impression of their visit,but local updates are status updates by the profiler I leave no stone unturned. And as mentioned in a few forum threads the negative posts on clubs have a habit of dissappearing

But how can posts disappear? Once posted there on reviews,or on a forum thread there is the option to remove your comments,but only for a few momments."

On club reviews not on here.

"Would you like to share the details of the statuses here as I haven't seen any to be honest?

People can use their statuses as they wish as long as it's not naming and shaming.

Not sure I see your point if I'm honest? "

I read forums n updates . Updates seem to be a interesting alot of time and would provoke good discussion in forum , Just an observation.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I still don't know what updates you are referring to. Please clarify?

Aren't posts in reviews by others,who have visited and left their impression of their visit,but local updates are status updates by the profiler I leave no stone unturned. And as mentioned in a few forum threads the negative posts on clubs have a habit of dissappearing

But how can posts disappear? Once posted there on reviews,or on a forum thread there is the option to remove your comments,but only for a few momments."

This is a general reply not specifically aimed at any particular club.

People have a habit of making statements that are unfounded opinions and then others accept them as gospel truth and untrue statements can escalate.

There seem to be 4ways of saying things here -

-Club reviews,

-Profile verification (which does not have to be published by the profile owner)

-Status updates, (disappear in time)

-Forum topics & replies

Club reviews and forum replies can get removed if people report them as being untrue or abusive etc.

For our Club (not speaking for everyone here) Sometimes reveiws have been removed when they are abusive or untrue or a personal grudge and not an actual visit.

To have a review with complete untruths in it is disheartening and demoralising for the club and the people who help to run it and that could be why things get removed. It’s difficult enough to keep things going in a club without having your fellow lifestylers turn against you.

Sometimes a review is critical but can be correct and although not necessarily appreciated it can be used to improve things.

Personally I prefer the bad comments to be taken up at the time or told to me privately so something can be done where possible, but not everyone does that.

I prefer to air dirty washing privately and celebrate good visits publically and that in part is a personal preference but also in part about the swinging community itself.

The swinging lifestyle is a positive and upbeat place to be, its about having fun and being different to day to day life, where people pull

Each other to bits and trash things, and yes, I do like to live in a bubble of the secret/private life we live in.

That to me explains why negative reviews etc can get removed or disappear.

But how can posts disappear? Once posted there on reviews,or on a forum thread there is the option to remove your comments,but only for a few momments.

This is a general reply not specifically aimed at any particular club.

People have a habit of making statements that are unfounded opinions and then others accept them as gospel truth and untrue statements can escalate.

There seem to be 4ways of saying things here -

-Club reviews,

-Profile verification (which does not have to be published by the profile owner)

-Status updates, (disappear in time)

-Forum topics & replies

Club reviews and forum replies can get removed if people report them as being untrue or abusive etc.

For our Club (not speaking for everyone here) Sometimes reveiws have been removed when they are abusive or untrue or a personal grudge and not an actual visit.

To have a review with complete untruths in it is disheartening and demoralising for the club and the people who help to run it and that could be why things get removed. It’s difficult enough to keep things going in a club without having your fellow lifestylers turn against you.

Sometimes a review is critical but can be correct and although not necessarily appreciated it can be used to improve things.

Personally I prefer the bad comments to be taken up at the time or told to me privately so something can be done where possible, but not everyone does that.

I prefer to air dirty washing privately and celebrate good visits publically and that in part is a personal preference but also in part about the swinging community itself.

The swinging lifestyle is a positive and upbeat place to be, its about having fun and being different to day to day life, where people pull

Each other to bits and trash things, and yes, I do like to live in a bubble of the secret/private life we live in.

"

Thanks, that's clear and concise

Birkenhead/Liverpool

[Removed by poster at 20/02/18 14:41:24]

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Sorry you are not making sense at all. You are referring to negative statuses and wondering why people aren't airing grievances on the forum. I haven't seen negative statuses about Townhouse, so as you have started the thread, I would like clarification on this as it is about my club. Thank you"

"Sorry you are not making sense at all. You are referring to negative statuses and wondering why people aren't airing grievances on the forum. I haven't seen negative statuses about Townhouse, so as you have started the thread, I would like clarification on this as it is about my club. Thank you"
Your negative status on local updates . No one on here!!!

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Sorry you are not making sense at all. You are referring to negative statuses and wondering why people aren't airing grievances on the forum. I haven't seen negative statuses about Townhouse, so as you have started the thread, I would like clarification on this as it is about my club. Thank you Your negative status on local updates . No one on here!!!

"

Soo it's my own personal status you are bringing up here?

My current status about my card machine woes wouldn't make for riveting discussion. Unless you would like to start a conversation about my providers inability to send out the right machine in a timely manner? I'm sure we will fill a thread full of discussion on that little gem! hahahahaha

It was a status to update people on why we still haven't got the facility to take card payments and it doesn't need a thread!

No the one where you calling people out for slating you in local updates. Nice try regards card machine. Tut tut

I've said my piece if changed local update rant so be it.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Actually the update wasn't about people slating us. You must have misread. I actually said that if you have something to suggest, come to us, not other people as we are the decision makers.

So it was asking people not to go to regulars or staff with suggestions, it was asking them to come direct as going to other people and getting them to influence us won't work.

Again, not worthy of a discussion, just a status note.

I really am confused as to why this has even merited a thread at all? Statuses are a means of communicating quickly without the need to make huge announcements on the forum which would probably get removed by admin anyway.

So I am STILL not seeing your point of starting this thread about MY status and MY club when you could have just PN'd me asking what my status was about if it concerned you so much?

Birkenhead/Liverpool

*PM'd*

"Actually the update wasn't about people slating us. You must have misread. I actually said that if you have something to suggest, come to us, not other people as we are the decision makers.

So it was asking people not to go to regulars or staff with suggestions, it was asking them to come direct as going to other people and getting them to influence us won't work.

I really am confused as to why this has even merited a thread at all? Statuses are a means of communicating quickly without the need to make huge announcements on the forum which would probably get removed by admin anyway.

So I am STILL not seeing your point of starting this thread about MY status and MY club when you could have just PN'd me asking what my status was about if it concerned you so much? "

Lol. Ok dress it up how you want. As said all harmonious now then if post about defunct card machine. Just one looking to promote harmony , So when see confilcting I ramp it up.

So how long before card be up n fully functional?

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Actually the update wasn't about people slating us. You must have misread. I actually said that if you have something to suggest, come to us, not other people as we are the decision makers.

So I am STILL not seeing your point of starting this thread about MY status and MY club when you could have just PN'd me asking what my status was about if it concerned you so much? Lol. Ok dress it up how you want. As said all harmonious now then if post about defunct card machine. Just one looking to promote harmony , So when see confilcting I ramp it up.

So how long before card be up n fully functional? "

Hopefully Thursday and it will be an all singing, all dancing wireless, contactless, snazzy doo dah!! Excited much!!!! Lol

That's the spirit

By *orkcouple888Couple  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Does Mersey man own a club as he’s very very interested in trying to bring all clubs down

I think the guys after some attention ....

By *hingy2Woman  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

So I am STILL not seeing your point of starting this thread about MY status and MY club when you could have just PN'd me asking what my status was about if it concerned you so much? Lol. Ok dress it up how you want. As said all harmonious now then if post about defunct card machine. Just one looking to promote harmony , So when see confilcting I ramp it up.

So how long before card be up n fully functional?

Hopefully Thursday and it will be an all singing, all dancing wireless, contactless, snazzy doo dah!! Excited much!!!! Lol"

Whhoooooo

Very posh Vicky xxx

"Does Mersey man own a club as he’s very very interested in trying to bring all clubs down "
No just ramp up things occasionally and all been put to bed.

You still all negative I see. Energies be best survey elsewhere

By *igJandTheBlondeCouple  over a year ago

Kings Hill

"Does Mersey man own a club as he’s very very interested in trying to bring all clubs down "

I’ve noticed this too, maybe he’s got no other chat....

"Does Mersey man own a club as he’s very very interested in trying to bring all clubs down

I’ve noticed this too, maybe he’s got no other chat.... "

Stalking me hey?

I'm not Bi. By the way..

His this thread not just gone totally off your original point and or question OP ?!

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

why not look on the club reviews? Of course I have. No stone left unturned. Honing info from all sources. Thanks for the advice though"

No stone left unturned - what a strange phrase. Sounds like you’re investigating various clubs, if it’s to find out if a club is worth visiting, why not just visit and make your own mind up? If you don’t go to clubs why all the research and forum posts on TH and other clubs?

By *ex-a-frolicsCouple  over a year ago

Brizzle

Love a lot trust a few but always paddle your own canoe.

We have always wanted to leave a -ve review for a certain club, like we’ve left bad reviews for restaurants we’ve visited. However we do believe in giving whatever the establishment a chance to make amends.

The one club in question we had an issue with a single guy & we complained, the club took action apologised & instead of refunding our monies offered us a free visit next time.

The next time we went (for free) we had an almost identical issue with a different guy, the club apologised & offered us a refund (whereupon we explained we were here for free after our last visit). The trouble maker was not ejected & we have never set foot in there again. Regrettably we’ve never put up a -ve status or review, we decided against it as it’s a very small close knit community & were scared of reprisals. We have however told lots of our friends so they have lost lots of business because of the way they dealt with our issues.

By *igJandTheBlondeCouple  over a year ago

Kings Hill

"Does Mersey man own a club as he’s very very interested in trying to bring all clubs down

I’ve noticed this too, maybe he’s got no other chat.... Stalking me hey?

I'm not Bi. By the way.. "

Phew I quite like clubs, I’m not sure we would have anything to speak about.

why not look on the club reviews? Of course I have. No stone left unturned. Honing info from all sources. Thanks for the advice though

No stone left unturned - what a strange phrase. Sounds like you’re investigating various clubs, if it’s to find out if a club is worth visiting, why not just visit and make your own mind up? If you don’t go to clubs why all the research and forum posts on TH and other clubs? "

Because want to make sure it's what I want . Why the heavy tactics? This will put people off the hardcore swinging brigade

I’ve noticed this too, maybe he’s got no other chat.... Stalking me hey?

I'm not Bi. By the way..

Phew I quite like clubs, I’m not sure we would have anything to speak about."

Lol fair do. Maybe one day I'll be able to say same. Taking 1 st steps re clubs that is.

why not look on the club reviews? Of course I have. No stone left unturned. Honing info from all sources. Thanks for the advice though

No stone left unturned - what a strange phrase. Sounds like you’re investigating various clubs, if it’s to find out if a club is worth visiting, why not just visit and make your own mind up? If you don’t go to clubs why all the research and forum posts on TH and other clubs? Because want to make sure it's what I want . Why the heavy tactics? This will put people off the hardcore swinging brigade"

[Removed by poster at 20/02/18 17:11:52]

By *ojos party boyMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

No stone left unturned - what a strange phrase. Sounds like you’re investigating various clubs, if it’s to find out if a club is worth visiting, why not just visit and make your own mind up? If you don’t go to clubs why all the research and forum posts on TH and other clubs? Because want to make sure it's what I want . Why the heavy tactics? This will put people off the hardcore swinging brigade"

It's not heavy tactics bud...it's called an engaged club owner interacting with "the community".

I think your more shocked vicky replied and made everything clear?

I'd expect the bar manager in your local can't be bothered explaining...but vicky will

No stone left unturned - what a strange phrase. Sounds like you’re investigating various clubs, if it’s to find out if a club is worth visiting, why not just visit and make your own mind up? If you don’t go to clubs why all the research and forum posts on TH and other clubs? "

Saves wasting his petrol costs and or hotel costs if the club turns out to be rubbish. Nothing wrong with a lot of research before making a lot of effort to get there. Not to mention the money considering OP is male

"His this thread not just gone totally off your original point and or question OP ?!"
Yes Town house 2 some explained situation so all cleared up , just dealing with all the negative replies that follow. That ok?

No stone left unturned - what a strange phrase. Sounds like you’re investigating various clubs, if it’s to find out if a club is worth visiting, why not just visit and make your own mind up? If you don’t go to clubs why all the research and forum posts on TH and other clubs? Because want to make sure it's what I want . Why the heavy tactics? This will put people off the hardcore swinging brigade

It's not heavy tactics bud...it's called an engaged club owner interacting with "the community".

I'd expect the bar manager in your local can't be bothered explaining...but vicky will "

Heavy tactics wasn't Re Vicki or TH 2 some. It was the post that followed the hardcore trying to squeeze the Newbie.

No stone left unturned - what a strange phrase. Sounds like you’re investigating various clubs, if it’s to find out if a club is worth visiting, why not just visit and make your own mind up? If you don’t go to clubs why all the research and forum posts on TH and other clubs?

Saves wasting his petrol costs and or hotel costs if the club turns out to be rubbish. Nothing wrong with a lot of research before making a lot of effort to get there. Not to mention the money considering OP is male "

Here we go ,constructive .

Merseyside

Saves wasting his petrol costs and or hotel costs if the club turns out to be rubbish. Nothing wrong with a lot of research before making a lot of effort to get there. Not to mention the money considering OP is male Here we go ,constructive . "

But your not entirely new merseyman?

You've been a member of fab for at least 4 years?

4 years of reading reviews not enough?

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Probably your best bet is to just go to a club and work out if it is for you or not. Remember that Clubs are locations, like pubs, so who else is there when you are will influence your enjoyment. Being open and engaging will also help you no end. Good luck, maybe you could report back after you’ve been?

No stone left unturned - what a strange phrase. Sounds like you’re investigating various clubs, if it’s to find out if a club is worth visiting, why not just visit and make your own mind up? If you don’t go to clubs why all the research and forum posts on TH and other clubs? Because want to make sure it's what I want . Why the heavy tactics? This will put people off the hardcore swinging brigade

I'd expect the bar manager in your local can't be bothered explaining...but vicky will Heavy tactics wasn't Re Vicki or TH 2 some. It was the post that followed the hardcore trying to squeeze the Newbie. "

Did you mean mine?

Saves wasting his petrol costs and or hotel costs if the club turns out to be rubbish. Nothing wrong with a lot of research before making a lot of effort to get there. Not to mention the money considering OP is male Here we go ,constructive .

4 years of reading reviews not enough?"

No. Some of us do house meets. Swinging not set in stone. You solely a club advocate then . Without looking you probably can't accomodate? Know your type lol

"

4 years of reading reviews not enough?"

Oh the power of green arrow OP

"

4 years of reading reviews not enough?

Oh the power of green arrow OP"

And?

1st thing I do when engaging in discussion. Your point is?

Merseyside

Saves wasting his petrol costs and or hotel costs if the club turns out to be rubbish. Nothing wrong with a lot of research before making a lot of effort to get there. Not to mention the money considering OP is male Here we go ,constructive .

4 years of reading reviews not enough? No. Some of us do house meets. Swinging not set in stone. You solely a club advocate then . Without looking you probably can't accomodate? Know your type lol"

Wow someones gotten defensive?

You haven't done a "House meet" in 4 YEARS...

No i rarely go to clubs, More party person because of my witty observations!

Yes i can't accommodate...because i'm young and live at home

4 years of reading reviews not enough? No. Some of us do house meets. Swinging not set in stone. You solely a club advocate then . Without looking you probably can't accomodate? Know your type lol

"

Have to be defensive on here at times. Voice of experience. To many snipers. And people not reading full thread posts .I'll let you off with that 1 it'll come with experience

Merseyside

4 years of reading reviews not enough? No. Some of us do house meets. Swinging not set in stone. You solely a club advocate then . Without looking you probably can't accomodate? Know your type lol

Have to be defensive on here at times. Voice of experience. To many snipers. And people not reading full thread posts .I'll let you off with that 1 it'll come with experience "

Nah you just seem a bute trying to stir trouble...read every thread you've posted.

You'll let me off with nothing you blatent saville

Merseyside

Lol you actually don't read what you post?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

"

Negative reviews of a club don't get removed. If the person posted the review broke site rules when doing it, then it would be removed

Forum Mod

O o O oo

posting *

Forum Mod

O o O oo

If you think a status needs reporting you can do that from their profile rather than start a thread about it.

If it isn't breaking rules, still don't start a thread about it please

Thanks