FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Clubs that require proof of id,fear being hacked

Clubs that require proof of id,fear being hacked

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tepping2 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Are we the only ones who are wary about providing evidence of our address, which is stored on swinger clubs computers.

Perhaps we are paranoid, but with all the stories about companies being hacked, we are at the moment only going to clubs/parties where no id is required and they check re your Fabswingers verifaction

On a related subject, are there any clubs in the midlands that do not require proof of id?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Looking at it from the other way around, as verifications on here can be falsified, we like the security that the club has checked IDs and knows who is attending. Nothing is ever 100% secure or guaranteed though.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

"Looking at it from the other way around, as verifications on here can be falsified, we like the security that the club has checked IDs and knows who is attending. Nothing is ever 100% secure or guaranteed though."

This exactly plus data is safer now the fines are so high.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Looking at it from the other way around, as verifications on here can be falsified, we like the security that the club has checked IDs and knows who is attending. Nothing is ever 100% secure or guaranteed though."

This

By *ust4fun26Couple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

By *aughtycp1Couple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Even if a hacker got your name and address from a club's computer what could they do with it ?

There would be no photographic evidence of you being at a club ever. You could simply deny it.

[Removed by poster at 25/07/18 10:13:09]

The risk of being outed is minimal at best. I'd rather take that chance and know that the club adheres to the laws surrounding being a private members club and also knows who is there on any given night

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

I'm afraid we agree with the above... The knowledge that the club knows know is using its premises is reassuring. Those not asking for ID, especially proof of age where younger members are concerned, worry me to the extent that we give them a wide berth.

Data Protection laws are so tight these days I feel the risk of a hacker finding our name and address is minimal and so what if they do? Neither of us are in jobs that could be compromised by being outed.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

[Removed by poster at 25/07/18 11:48:59]

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I would advise you to ask how the club is storing your information if you are worried. I actually offer this info as people are signing up so they know exactly how seriously we take their personal data. If you are not satisfied with their answer, then don't sign up. However, a well run club will have policies in place that have to be presented to their local licensing council to prove they are adhering to the data protection act and the more recent GDPR.

We personally do not hold any personal info on our premises. We have an external hard drive holding the database, which is encrypted. This is held off the premises and locked away in a safe when not in use. The database itself is a list of names and addresses; it is a blank database and it doesn't say Townhouse or swingers anywhere on it, so for all intents and purposes, it's a simple list of names. I am the only person who has access to it and only I know the passwords. Even Jim doesn't have access to it! lol

The membership forms that people fill in on arrival have a disclaimer on there about data protection and our registration with ICO. It also has a disclaimer on there about our stance on journalists and selling stories!

The forms are then taken from the club, entered onto the database and then incinerated. The database is backed up onto a stick and kept locked away.

Our council test us on our data protection as part of our yearly licence and they spot check too. We are generally closely monitored for EVERYTHING!!! LOL But that's ok as it means we are safe and compliant.

xxx

Its not worth worrying about. Your social media accounts are far more open and vulnerable than a clubs membership database.

By *inkyman1964Man  over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

"Are we the only ones who are wary about providing evidence of our address, which is stored on swinger clubs computers.

Perhaps we are paranoid, but with all the stories about companies being hacked, we are at the moment only going to clubs/parties where no id is required and they check re your Fabswingers verifaction

On a related subject, are there any clubs in the midlands that do not require proof of id?"

What about Clubs that require proof of ID so they know you are who you claim to be but do not store that information on computer services so the information cannot be hacked.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Are we the only ones who are wary about providing evidence of our address, which is stored on swinger clubs computers.

On a related subject, are there any clubs in the midlands that do not require proof of id?

What about Clubs that require proof of ID so they know you are who you claim to be but do not store that information on computer services so the information cannot be hacked. "

If that was the case though, how do they comply with 'membership' requirements? As a private members club, the venue must take and store personal information and issue a membership card. This enables the club to get away with charging different prices for males, females and couples and stops them being left wide open to people reporting them for discrimination. It's quite clear in the discrimination act that private members club are only exempt if they hold info and issue membership cards?

Sorry, I'm just curious which clubs do this and how they get away with it?

xx

Chester

What about Clubs that require proof of ID so they know you are who you claim to be but do not store that information on computer services so the information cannot be hacked.

If that was the case though, how do they comply with 'membership' requirements? As a private members club, the venue must take and store personal information and issue a membership card. This enables the club to get away with charging different prices for males, females and couples and stops them being left wide open to people reporting them for discrimination. It's quite clear in the discrimination act that private members club are only exempt if they hold info and issue membership cards?

xx "

Xtasia

Chameleons

Atlantis

Infusions

All do - be careful not to hand them out instead of store loyalty cards

Birkenhead/Liverpool

xx

Xtasia

Chameleons

Atlantis

Infusions

All do - be careful not to hand them out instead of store loyalty cards "

Yeh I know all these have membership card systems like us as LOADS of people come to our reception to book in and fan out their swingers club membership cards to find ours!!! hahaha it's dead funny!

Chester

xx

Xtasia

Chameleons

Atlantis

Infusions

Yeh I know all these have membership card systems like us as LOADS of people come to our reception to book in and fan out their swingers club membership cards to find ours!!! hahaha it's dead funny! "

Friend handed one of theirs to Tesco cashier

By *tepping2 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Have replied to you in Private message

By *ifeGuy2027Man  over a year ago

fife

Hackers tend to go after the bigger companies since the data is more valuable to them. It's highly unlikley they would target these small swinger clubs.

I think the ones that ID would be the safest to go to.

By *n Search Of SunsetCouple  over a year ago

Search Of Sunset

It's more likely owners of a swing club sell the club and take a copy of the "confidential" customer list with them.

Give it a few months/years and they set up another club and use that "confidential" list to contact everyone on it advertising the new club.

It's happened..

Chester

"It's more likely owners of a swing club sell the club and take a copy of the "confidential" customer list with them.

Give it a few months/years and they set up another club and use that "confidential" list to contact everyone on it advertising the new club.

It's happened.. "

Can't now with new data rule the fine is unreal

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"It's more likely owners of a swing club sell the club and take a copy of the "confidential" customer list with them.

It's happened..

Can't now with new data rule the fine is unreal"

Yes, lists cannot be sold or transferred

Sadly I fear not all clubs have the same understanding of data protection as townhouse.

I remember not so long ago a club admitting that if they have doubts ID is genuine they ran 'additional background checks' by seeking them out on social media to verify them by viewing them there and being completely indignant to the suggestion they were doing something wrong.

By *offee with MilkCouple  over a year ago

Over the roundabout and then turn right.

We are happy to present our ID. Clubs are relatively minor companies. It is more likely our online shopping company or even home delivery supermarket will be a target.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Even if a hacker got your name and address from a club's computer what could they do with it ?

There would be no photographic evidence of you being at a club ever. You could simply deny it.

"

Would the swing police come a knocking if they found out, or maybe a queue of single men knocking on yr door as yr address would now be known to everyone due to a computer being stolen.

On a lighter note Attic in Derby didn't take our ID if that helps

By *bonynivoryCouple  over a year ago

market harborough

"Sadly I fear not all clubs have the same understanding of data protection as townhouse.

I remember not so long ago a club admitting that if they have doubts ID is genuine they ran 'additional background checks' by seeking them out on social media to verify them by viewing them there and being completely indignant to the suggestion they were doing something wrong."

What is it they are doing wrong? Social media accounts are public domain.

"Sadly I fear not all clubs have the same understanding of data protection as townhouse.

I remember not so long ago a club admitting that if they have doubts ID is genuine they ran 'additional background checks' by seeking them out on social media to verify them by viewing them there and being completely indignant to the suggestion they were doing something wrong.

What is it they are doing wrong? Social media accounts are public domain. "

If you give someone personal information, then they can only use this for reasons that would be deemed 'reasonable'.

Social media accounts are public domain, but people's identities aren't. I'm pretty sure that giving a swingers club proof of your name and address most people would expect it to be used sensitively not for the club to start checking you out on social media with the myriad of personal information that can be found there, or even worse a linkedin profile. Context is key, they have your identity for a very specific reason.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

If you give someone personal information, then they can only use this for reasons that would be deemed 'reasonable'.

Social media accounts are public domain, but people's identities aren't. I'm pretty sure that giving a swingers club proof of your name and address most people would expect it to be used sensitively not for the club to start checking you out on social media with the myriad of personal information that can be found there, or even worse a linkedin profile. Context is key, they have your identity for a very specific reason. "

Is it not deemed a club to do background checks from an ID to keep us safe from strange people with strange backgrounds from strange places, not to say to much and put a downer on things. People lurk who are not what they say they are

Social media accounts are public domain, but people's identities aren't. I'm pretty sure that giving a swingers club proof of your name and address most people would expect it to be used sensitively not for the club to start checking you out on social media with the myriad of personal information that can be found there, or even worse a linkedin profile. Context is key, they have your identity for a very specific reason.

Is it not deemed a club to do background checks from an ID to keep us safe from strange people with strange backgrounds from strange places, not to say to much and put a downer on things. People lurk who are not what they say they are"

As long as they inform you they wish to carry out a background check I believe that satisfies the requirements of GDPR.

If they don't tell you, then that's a different matter.

By *aydeesclubCouple  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

We at Jaydees are registered to take id and all our id is under lock and key and in paper form so nothing is on computers.

If you become a member we keep your names, number and first letter of you surname on it just to check quicker. (plus fab name)

We do explain it all on our website too x

xx

Xtasia

Chameleons

Atlantis

Infusions

Yeh I know all these have membership card systems like us as LOADS of people come to our reception to book in and fan out their swingers club membership cards to find ours!!! hahaha it's dead funny!

Friend handed one of theirs to Tesco cashier "

Ooh ..sounds like a fun dare..I might try this could be fun

» Add a new message to this topic