FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Non membership clubs

Non membership clubs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *evaquit OP   Couple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

We've noticed that couples at Cupids don't require ID or membership to gain entrance to their club, are there any others like this? We have issues with data protection and don't want to be on any club files for our own piece of mind, literally wrote off the club scene because of it, but maybe we shouldn't have.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eorge n DragonCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

Went to club sx Blackpool a few weeks back. Same requirements as Cupids.

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

You know I'm going to say The Attic in derby

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Gatehouse Farnworth Bolton...of course it depends on where you are and how far you want to travel.

Catthorpe

"Gatehouse Farnworth Bolton...of course it depends on where you are and how far you want to travel."

Thanks.

Distance isn't a problem, fans of a weekend road trip.

The attic in Derby as mentioned.

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

For a lot of clubs having a membership requirement is a condition of their licence so they have no choice.

The attic in Derby doesn't require membership and usually doesn't ask for ID unless they need to confirm your age.

By *i KinkyThorntonCouple  over a year ago

THORNTON-CLEVELEYS

club sx blackpool no membership needed xx

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

What’s the issue with data protection? You do realise that clubs are covered by the same legislation as your bank. They have to adhere to very strict gdpr rules and are accountable to the information commissioners office just like every other business who handles your personal data

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I do understand people being worried by having to show ID, but as a single girl going to clubs it makes me feel safer that the management have checked the ID of the people coming in.

Catthorpe

"What’s the issue with data protection? You do realise that clubs are covered by the same legislation as your bank. They have to adhere to very strict gdpr rules and are accountable to the information commissioners office just like every other business who handles your personal data "

And sometimes there's leaks. Happened not too long ago at a club and personal details were sent out in emails, we won't put ourselves in that position, we have very good reasons, hence this thread.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"What’s the issue with data protection? You do realise that clubs are covered by the same legislation as your bank. They have to adhere to very strict gdpr rules and are accountable to the information commissioners office just like every other business who handles your personal data "

This

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"I do understand people being worried by having to show ID, but as a single girl going to clubs it makes me feel safer that the management have checked the ID of the people coming in. "

And this

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

I think Clubs should do a DBS check too.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"What’s the issue with data protection? You do realise that clubs are covered by the same legislation as your bank. They have to adhere to very strict gdpr rules and are accountable to the information commissioners office just like every other business who handles your personal data

And sometimes there's leaks. Happened not too long ago at a club and personal details were sent out in emails, we won't put ourselves in that position, we have very good reasons, hence this thread. "

There are lots of clubs that don't require ID so you have many to choose from. HOWEVER, in the future all clubs will be required to hold a Sexual Entertainment Venue licence to run and this requires them to take ID off everybody. At the moment, this licence is discretionary to each council but it will become compulsory in the future. I have a list of the criteria, which may as well be big firey hoops for some clubs...it took us 2 years of scrutiny, adjustments and public meetings to get that licence...it was a nightmare. But we've done it now and I feel sorry for some of the clubs out there who don't have a membership scheme in place, because it is a mandatory requirement of this licence and it WILL become compulsory in the future.

This isn't great for people like you who want the choice but I genuinely think it makes the scene safer.

Anyway, happy swinging guys... looks like we'll never get to welcome you to our club but there's others you can enjoy

Vic xxx

Catthorpe

"What’s the issue with data protection? You do realise that clubs are covered by the same legislation as your bank. They have to adhere to very strict gdpr rules and are accountable to the information commissioners office just like every other business who handles your personal data

And sometimes there's leaks. Happened not too long ago at a club and personal details were sent out in emails, we won't put ourselves in that position, we have very good reasons, hence this thread.

There are lots of clubs that don't require ID so you have many to choose from. HOWEVER, in the future all clubs will be required to hold a Sexual Entertainment Venue licence to run and this requires them to take ID off everybody. At the moment, this licence is discretionary to each council but it will become compulsory in the future. I have a list of the criteria, which may as well be big firey hoops for some clubs...it took us 2 years of scrutiny, adjustments and public meetings to get that licence...it was a nightmare. But we've done it now and I feel sorry for some of the clubs out there who don't have a membership scheme in place, because it is a mandatory requirement of this licence and it WILL become compulsory in the future.

This isn't great for people like you who want the choice but I genuinely think it makes the scene safer.

Anyway, happy swinging guys... looks like we'll never get to welcome you to our club but there's others you can enjoy

Vic xxx"

Many thanks for your reply, always insightful posts. Is there a date in mind when the new legislation will be mandatory? May need to get our lifetime of club fun crammed in.

By *aeBabeWoman  over a year ago

London

Some clubs don't require membership for event nights as long as you're on the guestlist

By *nSeeNMan  over a year ago

Z'ha'dum

"I do understand people being worried by having to show ID, but as a single girl going to clubs it makes me feel safer that the management have checked the ID of the people coming in. "

Its an illusion of safty, they dont do any stringent criminal recored or background checks. Its just a simple glance at your drivers licence or passport to show you are who you say you are at best. that can be easily falsified. Oh and some clubs might have a talk with the management type process, again doesn't really prove if someones safe or not. Its all smoke and mirrors.

"Some clubs don't require membership for event nights as long as you're on the guestlist"

But, you still have to have your drivers license or passport and utility bill scanned into their computer to be allowed in.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I actually feel better knowing there's details of every member in record at the club I go to, if someone was injured/assaulted/suffered some kind of seizure (I know someone this has happened to), the club is in a much better position to assist the emergency services, also in the instance of a fire, they would be aware of everyone that was on the premises and hopefully get everyone out safely.

I believe the benefits outweigh the tiny chance there might be a data breach!

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Vic xxx

Many thanks for your reply, always insightful posts. Is there a date in mind when the new legislation will be mandatory? May need to get our lifetime of club fun crammed in. "

You're welcome Not at the moment. A few councils have enforced the licence and tested the theory. Our council realised that the conditions they were trying to apply to us would not be the same as a lap dancing bar, for instance, so they worked with us to look at giving us unique conditions.

The government have said that councils can take on this licence and enforce it but it's not mandatory to do so. My feeling is that those councils who have successfully completed the process with clubs will set a standard and the government will make it compulsory sooner rather than later now. However with Brexit around the corner, I think clubs will have a temporary reprieve for now! Lol Just my thoughts

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"I do understand people being worried by having to show ID, but as a single girl going to clubs it makes me feel safer that the management have checked the ID of the people coming in.

Its an illusion of safty, they dont do any stringent criminal recored or background checks. Its just a simple glance at your drivers licence or passport to show you are who you say you are at best. that can be easily falsified. Oh and some clubs might have a talk with the management type process, again doesn't really prove if someones safe or not. Its all smoke and mirrors. "

Clubs don't do background checks but most clubs will ask for 2 forms of ID, one of which is a utility bill and the other an in date passport or driving licence. Harder to fake but still doable.

We take down the details of non members from their ID, we don't just look at it. Also, every person is captured on cctv walking into the building. If that person were to assault someone on the premises, we would have their personal details and their face on cctv. We don't store the details of non members. Once the event is over, we destroy their info but cctv is kept for 31 days.

You are right though, some clubs, if they ask for ID at all, just glance at the name on the ID.

By *rent Bridge SwingersCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Around the East Midlands there’s The Attic (Derby) and Club 29 (Leicester) x

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"I do understand people being worried by having to show ID, but as a single girl going to clubs it makes me feel safer that the management have checked the ID of the people coming in.

Its an illusion of safty, they dont do any stringent criminal recored or background checks. Its just a simple glance at your drivers licence or passport to show you are who you say you are at best. that can be easily falsified. Oh and some clubs might have a talk with the management type process, again doesn't really prove if someones safe or not. Its all smoke and mirrors. "

Yeah exactly they should do.

By *horty4Man  over a year ago

london

Obviously no background checks but they have a record of who uses the club and who has attended in a particular night. It’s one step safer than some random bloke wandering in off the street and may put off a prick who is thinking of causing a problem.

London

"Some clubs don't require membership for event nights as long as you're on the guestlist

But, you still have to have your drivers license or passport and utility bill scanned into their computer to be allowed in. "

For some yes, for some no.

"It’s one step safer than some random bloke wandering in off the street and may put off a prick who is thinking of causing a problem. "

It's a massive idiot filter! They know they have to abide by club rules or the police would have evidence of them being there and know where they live, in the event of any problems. It's also one of the reasons I feel safer in my local swingers club, than I do in pubs round the corner from where I live.

"For some yes, for some no."

Well, tell me where they don't scan your info, so I can avoid those clubs like the plague!

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"For some yes, for some no.

Well, tell me where they don't scan your info, so I can avoid those clubs like the plague!"

Lol...we've never scanned your info. If you think about it, I always hold your ID infront of you while I take details down from it. I never hold it out of your view so you can see I'm not scanning it.

Xx

Well, tell me where they don't scan your info, so I can avoid those clubs like the plague!

Lol...we've never scanned your info. If you think about it, I always hold your ID infront of you while I take details down from it. I never hold it out of your view so you can see I'm not scanning it.

Xx"

I thought you were scanning everyone's info into that little box thingie on the desk.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Xx

I thought you were scanning everyone's info into that little box thingie on the desk. "

What little box thingie on the desk???? All we have on there that is a box is the till and the card machine! If we did scan, you would have seen me scanning ID and by law, I would have to tell you I am scanning ID and tell you how I am handling the ID!!! We merely write details down from your ID.

I don't want people thinking we scan details!!! WE DO NOT SCAN ANY ID AT TOWNHOUSE GUYS!!!!

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Private clubs should have membership & house rules.

I remember the press trying to sneak in one club but the membership rules prevented - have to declare if your press etc on application. It's also a filter system

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Private clubs should have membership & house rules.

I remember the press trying to sneak in one club but the membership rules prevented - have to declare if your press etc on application. It's also a filter system"

Yup our membership has a press declaration on it.

To be honest, our membership scheme works for us. Those that don't like it have plenty of other clubs they can attend. It horses for courses. Some think our club is the bee knees, other don't like it or our policies. I'm ok with that! lol

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

"Private clubs should have membership & house rules.

I remember the press trying to sneak in one club but the membership rules prevented - have to declare if your press etc on application. It's also a filter system

Yup our membership has a press declaration on it.

To be honest, our membership scheme works for us. Those that don't like it have plenty of other clubs they can attend. It horses for courses. Some think our club is the bee knees, other don't like it or our policies. I'm ok with that! lol

"

This exactly, set standards for club to attract target clientele

London

Xx

I thought you were scanning everyone's info into that little box thingie on the desk. "

Well...

"Well... "

Well what?

Ok, Vicky isn't scanning people's info but, she is writing names/ address info down incase of any problems and with the cctv there is a record of who is in the club.

Again, it's an idiot filter and a welcome one.

To switch things around how many club do background checks on there staff? From experience and local knowledge, not many and as an example a guy working behind the bar at a local club told one of our friends (unbeknown to him) that he knew where we live and was going to come round and beat hubby up, wouldn’t be surprised if he had criminal convictions, then again he may well have been egged on by the convicted drug dealer who runs nights there too and spreads false crap about us.

So yes you should be very wary of giving your personal data over to clubs, due diligence

"...a guy working behind the bar at a local club told one of our friends (unbeknown to him) that he knew where we live and was going to come round and beat hubby up, wouldn’t be surprised if he had criminal convictions, then again he may well have been egged on by the convicted drug dealer who runs nights there too..."

Find a different club.

"...a guy working behind the bar at a local club told one of our friends (unbeknown to him) that he knew where we live and was going to come round and beat hubby up, wouldn’t be surprised if he had criminal convictions, then again he may well have been egged on by the convicted drug dealer who runs nights there too...

Find a different club."

Oh we don’t go there.....

Personally I think clubs having personal information is a good thing. Should people miss behave, then they can be traced! Also as pointed out in other threads some checks have been done. Ie real name, address, age. So makes it a safer environment.

That’s said, if you know which clubs do and those which don’t, then make your choice and enjoy.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

I would also vote for The Attic Derby if you just want to pay on the door and enter no questions asked. Plus it's actually a large and ok club.

There is also club 29 Leicester, not as big.

Catthorpe

"Obviously no background checks but they have a record of who uses the club and who has attended in a particular night. It’s one step safer than some random bloke wandering in off the street and may put off a prick who is thinking of causing a problem. "

Agree it is indeed one step closer. Let's try to keep it couples specific as we have requested couples membership. Cupids require single males to provide ID, I know it's still not ideal but it's what we're particularly interested in.

Take a look at our club we have membership but won’t hold your data it’s just to join we want to see who you are

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Jaydees don't require a membership (although members get a discounted rate) and the Cougars and Cubs parties at DV8 club are membership free too.

By *uffnmuffCouple  over a year ago

London

Pleasures in kent is membership free and the men are a lot more respectful than some of the clubs we have been to that have memberships.

» Add a new message to this topic