FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Close or keep open? Membersclub

Close or keep open? Membersclub

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *R-Membersclub OP   Couple  over a year ago

Romford

Many of you may know I own the Membersclub in clacton and right now since I closed the place due to people booking then not turning up, then having people complain I closed but to keep a club open you need people in, my other clubs need nothing they run by themselves so what do you think? Close the doors for good? Or keep it going? I can’t be bothered anymore so votes out, and I’m the only club the councils can’t shut down ever so anyone want it contact me,

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oey69essexdoggerMan  over a year ago

Clacton-on-Sea

Stay open.

You've got a great place there

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Many of you may know I own the Membersclub in clacton and right now since I closed the place due to people booking then not turning up, then having people complain I closed but to keep a club open you need people in, my other clubs need nothing they run by themselves so what do you think? Close the doors for good? Or keep it going? I can’t be bothered anymore so votes out, and I’m the only club the councils can’t shut down ever so anyone want it contact me, "

Can't you sell it? Since there seem to be lots on here who seem to know how to run a club?

Romford

All my clubs run fine just Clacton don’t run like the rest, and I really can’t be arsed, think there is a reason why there are no clubs in Essex and there be a lot less as the councils start to closed them lol,

We do not envy you.

We would NOT have a clue how to run a club.

May we enquire, as to what you mean, when you say you are the only club, that the council cannot shut down?

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Its a shame if you do close it was done up nice and down stairs was lovey ,untill it all went upstairs it wasnt the same ,i never played as wasnt anybody there that rocked my boat ,if your not making money then close it..

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"Many of you may know I own the Membersclub in clacton and right now since I closed the place due to people booking then not turning up, then having people complain I closed but to keep a club open you need people in, my other clubs need nothing they run by themselves so what do you think? Close the doors for good? Or keep it going? I can’t be bothered anymore so votes out, and I’m the only club the councils can’t shut down ever so anyone want it contact me, "
. The fact that the council can’t close you down is good however at the end of the day you are a business and as Tinkerbell67 said if you are not making any money that perhaps it may be worth closing it only you know your overheads and profit & loss.I don’t know Essex well but what with a club in Colchester that has closed down and Paradise Spa that has also closed down I would have thought you would be doing better.For me Clacton is a little too far otherwise I would have paid you a visit.Best of luck with whatever you decide.

We ran a club night at a club for a while, the club made more money from our 1 night than for the whole of the rest of the month, when we stopped our club night, within 3 months sadly the club had closed down for good, that’s not a boast, the point I’m making is you need one good night every month to keep the club ticking over, it’s about putting in the effort and getting people there on that initial first night, if it’s busy it will snowball

If the club carries on been not well attended, word will get around that it’s quiet and people won’t go, it’s a vicious circle.

Pick a Saturday night preferably the last or first Saturday of the month and go all out advertising, it’s free on fab, we had various techniques to get the numbers, pretty sure you know what you are doing

Minty and coco. Yes your nights were a great success and the turn outs were good. But the club would have closed either way.

"Minty and coco. Yes your nights were a great success and the turn outs were good. But the club would have closed either way. "

Hello stranger, maybe, the fight to stay open with the landlord was occurring when we were running the night admitted, however S&N didn’t have any motivation to fight once they weren’t making any money

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I'd say that you have already made your decision. You say, 'I can't be bothered anymore'. Well you need to be bothered....very bothered, to run a swingers club and make it a success. If you've fallen out of love with the place, then cut your losses and walk away as you need passion to get people through the door again.

xxx

Romford

"Many of you may know I own the Membersclub in clacton and right now since I closed the place due to people booking then not turning up, then having people complain I closed but to keep a club open you need people in, my other clubs need nothing they run by themselves so what do you think? Close the doors for good? Or keep it going? I can’t be bothered anymore so votes out, and I’m the only club the councils can’t shut down ever so anyone want it contact me, . The fact that the council can’t close you down is good however at the end of the day you are a business and as Tinkerbell67 said if you are not making any money that perhaps it may be worth closing it only you know your overheads and profit & loss.I don’t know Essex well but what with a club in Colchester that has closed down and Paradise Spa that has also closed down I would have thought you would be doing better.For me Clacton is a little too far otherwise I would have paid you a visit.Best of luck with whatever you decide.

"

It wasn’t ever about the money if you look back over the year we spent thousands so didn’t make any back it’s more of letting people down that’s the reason we book 10-15 people and 2 turn up! That’s why it’s not fair that people pay to come to a empty club, it’s a joke that Essex is dead

Romford

"I'd say that you have already made your decision. You say, 'I can't be bothered anymore'. Well you need to be bothered....very bothered, to run a swingers club and make it a success. If you've fallen out of love with the place, then cut your losses and walk away as you need passion to get people through the door again.

xxx"

It’s not about money or falling out of love I have a few clubs in London that never have this issue but here is a waste of energy I spent thousands and that don’t bother me it’s the fact people book and don’t turn up the ones who come sit there looking and think waste of time so that’s me done why bother if others can’t

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"I'd say that you have already made your decision. You say, 'I can't be bothered anymore'. Well you need to be bothered....very bothered, to run a swingers club and make it a success. If you've fallen out of love with the place, then cut your losses and walk away as you need passion to get people through the door again.

xxx

It’s not about money or falling out of love I have a few clubs in London that never have this issue but here is a waste of energy I spent thousands and that don’t bother me it’s the fact people book and don’t turn up the ones who come sit there looking and think waste of time so that’s me done why bother if others can’t "

. It does seem surprising that your club is Essex is not doing as well as your London clubs.You been a experienced club owner I am sure you not doing anything different in Essex to what you would do in London perhaps local clubs aren’t for everyone.If possible would you be able to message me details of your clubs in London as I wouldn’t mind attending a few more clubs but tend to stick to London as transport links are easier for me.

By * L BCouple  over a year ago

clacton on sea

xxx

It’s not about money or falling out of love I have a few clubs in London that never have this issue but here is a waste of energy I spent thousands and that don’t bother me it’s the fact people book and don’t turn up the ones who come sit there looking and think waste of time so that’s me done why bother if others can’t "

Me and Jess would like to say thank you for all the work you put in and giving us a great club to play in and helping us take our first steps into the world of swinging, we’ve had some great nights there and it will be sadly missed.

Thank you

Ps if you could list your other clubs we would love to give them a try

» Add a new message to this topic