FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Membership free clubs

Membership free clubs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *riple S OP   Couple  over a year ago

Midlands

Other than The Attic in Derby, and Amigos in Leicester are there any other clubs which do not require membership? Not clubs with free membership, but those where we do not need to register at all.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Other than The Attic in Derby, and Amigos in Leicester are there any other clubs which do not require membership? Not clubs with free membership, but those where we do not need to register at all."

I don't know, I doubt id go to a club with this policy though

By *azielMan  over a year ago

Midlands

Club 29 in Leicester

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Try event nights as some don’t require membership

Midlands

Each to their own. We prefer the anonymity for the time being. We're looking at joining a club in the new year, but until then....

Midlands

Cool, just checked their website. Cheers

Midlands

Do you mean event nights at a particular club, or most membership required ones?

I've not seen a membership club host any event where they do not require you to bring ID.

Dudley

"Each to their own. We prefer the anonymity for the time being. We're looking at joining a club in the new year, but until then...."

Yeah, we all have different views, it's all good.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Club SX in Blackpool

SX in Blackpool don't require membership but you still need to show id xx

Midlands

Yes, sorry I should have been more descriptive. We prefer clubs that do not require any personal details at all....

By *aydeesclubCouple  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

You shouldn’t really put this on here...... you will be getting said clubs in a lot of trouble if the authorities see clubs let the public in without any membership ??

Dudley

"Yes, sorry I should have been more descriptive. We prefer clubs that do not require any personal details at all....

"

Dudley

"Yes, sorry I should have been more descriptive. We prefer clubs that do not require any personal details at all....

"

You know they still have to follow data protection laws etc?

I'd be very concerned knowing clubs didn't have any information at all on their customers.

"Try event nights as some don’t require membership "

Great advice from this very sexy lady.

I'm actually only a member at Quest. Same goes with a few of my fellow team Quest .. All the other club's I have been to I've been added to the guest list on the forums . see events .. Get out there and have some fun

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"

That would be a recipe for disaster in my opinion plus, as previously mentioned, if it's a private club I believe membership comes as a legal requirement.

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

Steamers in Torquay Devon doesn't ask for any details

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"

I personally wouldn't be comfortable attending a club where ID was not required. Just my opinion.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"

I personally wouldn't be comfortable attending a club where ID was not required. Just my opinion.

Midlands

What is the difference with advertising it on here, or their own website?

Both The Attic and Amigos openly advertise that membership isn't required...

Midlands

Is it suitable for couples? Their website suggests a clip for gay men

Plymouth

"Is it suitable for couples? Their website suggests a clip for gay men"

If you Google swingers key it's suitable for couples on a Saturday night

You know they still have to follow data protection laws etc?

I'd be very concerned knowing clubs didn't have any information at all on their customers."

Agreed. Sounds too risky to me.

Plymouth

We to a regular arranged party which is like a club cross with a party really. They don't take any personal details! Except your names. The only thing they request the first time is your address to post your tickets and the location details.

By *ougarsandcubsWoman  over a year ago

Medway

Its a legal requirement for private clubs

By *ougarsandcubsWoman  over a year ago

Medway

Private party is very different

Plymouth

"Private party is very different "

They're down as a club on fab but it's not a club. So I guess it's different. We don't have any clubs in these here parts haha

"You shouldn’t really put this on here...... you will be getting said clubs in a lot of trouble if the authorities see clubs let the public in without any membership ??"

Because we are new to owning clubs and wanted to abide by the law we actually had a solicitor look into this amongst other things for us before we decided what route to take and found it's not actually illegal to run an adult venue without membership but is if you let people in without payment... but, as you know, it's also partly down to your local council and what they see as acceptable

For now we and our regs seem happy with how we have it but if in the future we was told the information we acquired was wrong and had to introduce membership then we would only charge a nominal fee of 1p as we're not a massive club so don't have the super high overheads some clubs have.

We know that some people prefer to actually be a member but then a few prefer the anonymity and it's that group we try to target even if it is the minority.

By *ubyExpreeWoman  over a year ago

BBBW Heaven

"Other than The Attic in Derby, and Amigos in Leicester are there any other clubs which do not require membership? Not clubs with free membership, but those where we do not need to register at all.

I don't know, I doubt id go to a club with this policy though "

If you can’t provide the answer that they require, feel free not to reply.

Midlands

To be honest, I had looked in to the legislation a little myself when I first started looking for membership free clubs. I was of the same opinion - a club doesn't need to hold a licence purely for providing a facility where consenting adults have sex. Otherwise every hotel in the country would need a licence. As no licence is required, then no membership required.

I may be a little off with my rationale, but I'm fairly sure 'The Authorities' cannot mandate membership is required.

Side note, we're looking at visiting your club in the near future. We drove past on Saturday night when we left The Attic, just to get an idea of location.

Hopefully we'll see you soon

Midlands

Or.... you could just message us on here?

If you would like to pm me, I can advise.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

I personally wouldn't be comfortable attending a club where ID was not required. Just my opinion."

We're with you

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Because we are new to owning clubs and wanted to abide by the law we actually had a solicitor look into this and found it's not actually illegal to run an adult venue without membership but is if you let people in without payment"

Cupids let women in for free.

"

Because we are new to owning clubs and wanted to abide by the law we actually had a solicitor look into this and found it's not actually illegal to run an adult venue without membership but is if you let people in without payment

Cupids let women in for free. "

As do we

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"You shouldn’t really put this on here...... you will be getting said clubs in a lot of trouble if the authorities see clubs let the public in without any membership ??

Because we are new to owning clubs and wanted to abide by the law we actually had a solicitor look into this amongst other things for us before we decided what route to take and found it's not actually illegal to run an adult venue without membership but is if you let people in without payment... but, as you know, it's also partly down to your local council and what they see as acceptable

For now we and our regs seem happy with how we have it but if in the future we was told the information we acquired was wrong and had to introduce membership then we would only charge a nominal fee of 1p as we're not a massive club so don't have the super high overheads some clubs have.

We know that some people prefer to actually be a member but then a few prefer the anonymity and it's that group we try to target even if it is the minority."

The problem is with charging people different prices not necessarily being a swinging venue. The discrimination law has a clause in the Equality Act 2010, whereby members clubs with 25 members or more need a membership scheme where details are held and cards/numbers given. You can legally have a pricing scheme where certain people can be charged less to entice them into your venue if a particular gender for instance, is underrepresented.. this is known as a 'protected chacteristic' So in our case as clubs, we can legally charge women less as the ratio of ladies to gents on the scene is disproportionate. If you are say you are a private members club but don't have a membership scheme and you charge people different prices, you leave yourself wide open to an angry individual suing you under the Equality Act 2010.

If a council decides that you need a Sex Entertainment Venue licence, which differs from one area to another, then one of the clauses is that you must hold a record of your members.

Hope this helps

Vic xxx

"The problem is with charging people different prices not necessarily being a swinging venue. The discrimination law has a clause in the Equality Act 2010, whereby members clubs with 25 members or more need a membership scheme where details are held and cards/numbers given. You can legally have a pricing scheme where certain people can be charged less to entice them into your venue if a particular gender for instance, is underrepresented.. this is known as a 'protected chacteristic' So in our case as clubs, we can legally charge women less as the ratio of ladies to gents on the scene is disproportionate. If you are say you are a private members club but don't have a membership scheme and you charge people different prices, you leave yourself wide open to an angry individual suing you under the Equality Act 2010.

If a council decides that you need a Sex Entertainment Venue licence, which differs from one area to another, then one of the clauses is that you must hold a record of your members.

Hope this helps

Vic xxx"

Food for thought, thank you x

By *t my DesiresWoman  over a year ago

Bitchville

Steamers Torquay? I went a couple of weeks ago and didn't have to get membership

Just now there is no membership required at club kudos in dundee

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"The problem is with charging people different prices not necessarily being a swinging venue. The discrimination law has a clause in the Equality Act 2010, whereby members clubs with 25 members or more need a membership scheme where details are held and cards/numbers given. You can legally have a pricing scheme where certain people can be charged less to entice them into your venue if a particular gender for instance, is underrepresented.. this is known as a 'protected chacteristic' So in our case as clubs, we can legally charge women less as the ratio of ladies to gents on the scene is disproportionate. If you are say you are a private members club but don't have a membership scheme and you charge people different prices, you leave yourself wide open to an angry individual suing you under the Equality Act 2010.

Hope this helps

Vic xxx

Food for thought, thank you x"

No probs guys xxx

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

Club sx in Blackpool doesn't require a membership all you need is your fab name

Midlands

"Try event nights as some don’t require membership

Great advice from this very sexy lady.

I'm actually only a member at Quest. Same goes with a few of my fellow team Quest .. All the other club's I have been to I've been added to the guest list on the forums . see events .. Get out there and have some fun "

Oh She means the events listed on here. I understand now. I thought she meant viewing the websites of individual clubs

Midlands

"You shouldn’t really put this on here...... you will be getting said clubs in a lot of trouble if the authorities see clubs let the public in without any membership ??

We know that some people prefer to actually be a member but then a few prefer the anonymity and it's that group we try to target even if it is the minority.

The problem is with charging people different prices not necessarily being a swinging venue. The discrimination law has a clause in the Equality Act 2010, whereby members clubs with 25 members or more need a membership scheme where details are held and cards/numbers given. You can legally have a pricing scheme where certain people can be charged less to entice them into your venue if a particular gender for instance, is underrepresented.. this is known as a 'protected chacteristic' So in our case as clubs, we can legally charge women less as the ratio of ladies to gents on the scene is disproportionate. If you are say you are a private members club but don't have a membership scheme and you charge people different prices, you leave yourself wide open to an angry individual suing you under the Equality Act 2010.

Hope this helps

Vic xxx"

Very informative, thank you

Midlands

So the list so far is;

The Attic - Derby

Amigos - Leicester

Club 29 - Leicester

Club SX - Blackpool

Steamers Quay - Torquay

Club Kudos - Dundee ( too far for us, but I've left it in this list just in case it proves useful to others)

By *annaBeBeachBumMan  over a year ago

Sunny SouthWest

Suggest people check the SwingersQuay website for the admittance policy, especially for 'new' single men...

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i wouldn't go to this sort of club... purely from a safety point of view...

lets imagine a "serious incident" happened.... if they question is to the owners "do you know who did it?" and the answer is "no, we don't keep a record of who comes in and comes out!".... that sets so many red flags flying

"So the list so far is;

The Attic - Derby

Amigos - Leicester

Club 29 - Leicester

Club SX - Blackpool

Steamers Quay - Torquay

Club Kudos - Dundee ( too far for us, but I've left it in this list just in case it proves useful to others)

"

This list will definitely be useful, for places to avoid for safety reasons.

Dudley

"So the list so far is;

The Attic - Derby

Amigos - Leicester

Club 29 - Leicester

Club SX - Blackpool

Steamers Quay - Torquay

This list will definitely be useful, for places to avoid for safety reasons. "

By *ay68Man  over a year ago

London

Rios in N London.

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

There’s a difference between allowing non-members to attend events & letting in people without any ID.

The 2 events that I host at Townhouse are open to non-member guests, but in order to get entry to the club, you must either show your membership card, or photo ID including something with your name & address. For non-members this is only retained until after the event. This is to meet licensing requirements, as Vic mentioned above.

So while non-members are very welcome to some events held at Townhouse, ID would be required in all instances.

» Add a new message to this topic