FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Chameleons or The Townhouse

Chameleons or The Townhouse

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Which do you prefer, and why?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rMrsRandyCouple  over a year ago

Mids

Chams so cosy and relaxed. Down stairs as friendly as your comfy local even get ya dinner there! As rude as you like and even has a mini night club including dj and dance floor.

It just easily wins.

Don’t hear of many travelling a hundred miles on a regular basis for TH.

Yes done both

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hate chams, worse night ever and left after 2 hours and never been back. Not tried Townhouse but it's on our list.

By *avenTinaCouple  over a year ago

Southport

"Chams so cosy and relaxed. Down stairs as friendly as your comfy local even get ya dinner there! As rude as you like and even has a mini night club including dj and dance floor.

It just easily wins.

Don’t hear of many travelling a hundred miles on a regular basis for TH.

Yes done both "

Never been to Chams but love Townhouse friendly and clean, got to be the best in the northwest and we have tried all the others, ps we just love to see a toilet in a profile pic !

Mids

And a vacuum ????

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Hate chams, worse night ever and left after 2 hours and never been back. Not tried Townhouse but it's on our list. "

What did you hate about it?

Mids

"And a vacuum ????"
wink and a smiley

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Never been Chams, we go either Townhouse or Xtasia had great nights at both of these and we are about in the middle of both

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"Hate chams, worse night ever and left after 2 hours and never been back. Not tried Townhouse but it's on our list.

What did you hate about it? "

Yes! Hardly an informative comment and I`m sure others will like to know what you didn`t like about the place.

We’ve been to both and we love Chams, love the set out of the club and how it caters for everyone with the different rooms....

Having said that Townhouse wins hands down. You won’t meet a nicer crowd of people and is by far the friendliest club we’ve ever been to (and we’ve been to a fair few) the club is absolutely spotless and you leave not wanting for anything!!

Give both a go and see what you think

By *sianCouple4UCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Went to Chams first time last Friday, both loved the set up of the club, the friendly staff and even better clientele.

We can’t wait to go again and become regulars there.

Southport

"And a vacuum ???? wink and a smiley "
what is a 'vacuum'?

Never understand these types of threads, both clubs are individual, different and miles apart, it’s the equivalent of asking who’s the better football team Aston Villa or Everton, fans of either club will have a biased opinion, just like regulars at either club

Not sure what the OP is trying to achieve or what information they’d get from the thread....

"Hate chams, worse night ever and left after 2 hours and never been back. Not tried Townhouse but it's on our list.

Yes! Hardly an informative comment and I`m sure others will like to know what you didn`t like about the place."

Found it very cliquey, the guy couldn't be arsed to give us a tour, threw 2 small towels at us and told us to put them on and showed us the changing room instead.

We go to different clubs regularly but have never been back in over a year, didn't particularly like the club layout either, just wasn't fir us we hated it.

Dudley

Yes! Hardly an informative comment and I`m sure others will like to know what you didn`t like about the place.

Found it very cliquey, the guy couldn't be arsed to give us a tour, threw 2 small towels at us and told us to put them on and showed us the changing room instead.

We go to different clubs regularly but have never been back in over a year, didn't particularly like the club layout either, just wasn't fir us we hated it. "

That's fine, I was just curious

Everyone likes different things

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Both clubs are so different x so cant compare

We go to different clubs regularly but have never been back in over a year, didn't particularly like the club layout either, just wasn't fir us we hated it.

Everyone likes different things "

How strange that you had "two small towels thrown at you" when they are normally already in the lockers. The only time you get handed a towel is if you ask for a LARGE one!

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

How strange that you had "two small towels thrown at you" when they are normally already in the lockers. The only time you get handed a towel is if you ask for a LARGE one!"

That's what I thought. Never had a bad time at Chams and the staff are amazing

How strange that you had "two small towels thrown at you" when they are normally already in the lockers. The only time you get handed a towel is if you ask for a LARGE one!

That's what I thought. Never had a bad time at Chams and the staff are amazing"

So why do you think we've never been back?

Was literally chucked 2 small towels in the changing room (not sure where he got em from) didn't even fit around the Mrs tits never mind anywhere else.

Not been to TH but been to many other clubs including chams and chams is our favourite, never known towels supplied at reception unless you ask for a new one or large towel..on a friday night it can be very busy and sometimes a regular is asked to give people the tour if staff are busy to avoid people having to wait. But horses for courses we enjoy it and travel as often as we can there..

I've been to both, both are a 2 hour drive for me, chams for me personally is too big. Townhouse is my regular club, staff regularly going about tidying up and checking everything ok. Free condoms and lube, unlike chams.

I guess it's just down to personal taste but for me it's Townhouse.

By *iggyStarjumpsMan  over a year ago

Stockport

I'm thinking of going to Townhouse for my first club night so it's interesting to hear people's thoughts.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Chams followed by Partners for me

By *eachy123Woman  over a year ago

Rochdale/Manchester/Blackpool and were ever the mood takes me

Townhouse is really good although I did enjoy chams but I'm sure it depends on distance and things sometimes townhouse do milf Monday 1st Monday of every month as well xx

Dudley

How strange that you had "two small towels thrown at you" when they are normally already in the lockers. The only time you get handed a towel is if you ask for a LARGE one!"

Occasionally there aren't towels in the lockers, it's not very common but it does happen. It's perfectly fine for them not to like chams, people like different things. It's by far my favourite club but it's not for everyone.

By *unLuvazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Townhouse by far we have been to most clubs includes these 2 and none compare to townhouse. Everyone is so welcoming and they always have different stuff on to make everyone happy x

Love chams never been townhouse.

Both offer different so can't be compared should be a personal choice.. Do both.. Different weekends and experience for yourself..

I tend not to follow the masses.

Cupids Manchester is fab to..

"Love chams never been townhouse.

Both offer different so can't be compared should be a personal choice.. Do both.. Different weekends and experience for yourself..

I tend not to follow the masses.

Cupids Manchester is fab to.. "

Indeed, both clubs are completely different. I am closer to Chams hence I visit there as often as I can bearing in mind I am 150? miles away. I would visit Townhouse just because they do so much for the first time swinger.

By *ack and jill123Couple  over a year ago

Merseyside

We like both both different but equally good x

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

We defiantly need to go to Townhouse

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"

Don’t hear of many travelling a hundred miles on a regular basis for TH "

You may not have heard of them, but there are a lot of regulars to Townhouse events that travel across the UK, as well as a lot of regular visitors from Ireland!

OP, why not try both? It’s very hard to compare because they are both great clubs but completely different! Feel free to say hi if you ever head up to TH!

M x

We go to different clubs regularly but have never been back in over a year, didn't particularly like the club layout either, just wasn't fir us we hated it. "

I visited Eureka's last week first time and they were all clique in there and I had a small tour by the person who took me. It was very small dance floor and loads of tables and no one said hello or even hardly smiled.

For me it is a long way to go and right out in the sticks

I only been once and because of the locality will not be going again,I would rather dance and drink in my own home and talk to folk on here!

By *arracksCouple  over a year ago

Deal

I visited Eureka's last week first time and they were all clique in there and I had a small tour by the person who took me. It was very small dance floor and loads of tables and no one said hello or even hardly smiled.

For me it is a long way to go and right out in the sticks

I only been once and because of the locality will not be going again,I would rather dance and drink in my own home and talk to folk on here!"

Feel the same,went to a fab social night in October with a friend, was anything than social!!

By *ittlevixenWoman  over a year ago

Mold North Wales

Townhouse in my opinion.

I haven’t found anywhere else that’s comparable for me personally.

There’s condoms in every room, it’s always a great crowd and super friendly!

The single guys always seem to be really respectful which is paramount as I have been on the receiving end of unwanted cheeky gropes in other clubs. I Hate that other venues don’t seem to put rules in place for guys. If they do it’s not drilled home enough.

But OP, go and see for yourself. It’s If you enjoy the club that matters.

I've never been to Chams, but I've frequented Townhouse and it's lovely. I'd recommend it to anyone, the facilities are great and the staff are wonderful.

By *averman007Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

Townhouse for me

By *asbeenCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Chams,Cupids and Quest are 1st division clubs who reinvest wisely and have a huge following of members.

Townhouse, adam & eve, pandora etc are 2nd division but we have had good nights in all of them and please remember this is only our opinion.

By *rallyFixated1Man  over a year ago

tipton

"Never understand these types of threads, both clubs are individual, different and miles apart, it’s the equivalent of asking who’s the better football team Aston Villa or Everton, fans of either club will have a biased opinion, just like regulars at either club

Not sure what the OP is trying to achieve or what information they’d get from the thread...."

It’s Aston Villa

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Chams,Cupids and Quest are 1st division clubs who reinvest wisely and have a huge following of members.

Townhouse, adam & eve, pandora etc are 2nd division but we have had good nights in all of them and please remember this is only our opinion."

Yeh we haven't reinvested a penny into Townhouse in the 7 1/2 years we had it. We've taken all of our customers money and haven't given anything back at all Also, I'm not sure what you call huge but 25000 memberships have been issued with our events being amongst the busiest in the region.

One day, we came in and someone had not only paid for, but also organised all of this!:

*Ripped out the entire bar, replaced it with a bigger bar, 9ft mirrors, new furniture, new flooring, new lighting and new soft furnishings

*Completely refurbed the lounge, adding in new flooring, a new stage, new lighting/disco lighting, new music system

*New stairs, bannisters, carpets on all 3 floors and decorated too

4 new swish bathrooms and showers

* Completely ripped out the old beer cellar and made it into an authentic cellar dungeon with custom built equipment

* re-fitted the 1st floor dungeon with new Fetters and custom dungeon furniture

* redesigned another room into a medical clinic with medical grade flooring and a 2.5k medical chair

* All top floor playrooms redecorated

* All mattresses replaced or recovered

* New king size beds in our orgy room

* New BDSM furniture dotted around the club

* Wet area completely retiled and a new bathroom/shower built in

* Outdoor area knocked down, extended and rebuilt with custom urban art on the walls, 14ft square foot solid wooden gazebo and heating.

So someone, somewhere invested wisely on our behalf it seems! How lucky are we? Lol

Xxx

Chams all the way,townhousr although a nice club isnt in the same league as chams, we live within 25 miles of townhouse and go to chams once a month, best club we know

By *arlo82Woman  over a year ago

the gym and random places

Never been to Chams, have however travelled the 3 sometimes 3.5 hours drive to Townhouse for a number of events over the years.

I've also travelled extensively across the UK and Europe and visited several clubs and Townhouse without a doubt is by far one of the best I've had the pleasure of attending. As a single female I feel safe attending any event on my own and have never had a bad night.

Will try chams at some point however feel people should realise clubs are very different and unique and should be!

By *asbeenCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Wow 25.000 memberships issued for free.

chams single members pay £80 membership per annum & a couples membership is £20.

It would make good business sense to charge the same.

Remember "profit is not a dirty word".

I also thick any club who charges the above prices is very reasonable, and surely what most people are happy or expect to pay.

By *raladsCouple  over a year ago

athlone westmeath

Heading to Uk next week

To visit few clubs

Never did club scene before

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

By *rummiePartyManMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"...Remember "profit is not a dirty word"..."

I dunno...

We're only a couple of weeks past the opportunity of having everything nationalised with fibre optic broadband, university education, sweeties and unicorns given away for free in a non-profit making society. A third of the population voted for this ideal so you can expect that one in three that you ask WILL think that profit is a dirty word.

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

Never had the pleasure of trying town house yet but like most clubs we have visited we are sure it will have it's pro's and con's . We enjoy Chams but not on a Saturday night.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Wow 25.000 memberships issued for free.

chams single members pay £80 membership per annum & a couples membership is £20.

I also thick any club who charges the above prices is very reasonable, and surely what most people are happy or expect to pay.

"

Townhouse has never charged for membership as we prefer to offer membership to people we have got to know and understand the scene etc...rather than just hand them out to anyone for a fee. Charging a membership fee doesn't sort the wheat from the chaff. To me it makes better business sense to have a club full of people who have earned their place for free and have a happy club of punters, rather than a club full of people who have paid for the right to be there

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

Townhouse has never charged for membership as we prefer to offer membership to people we have got to know and understand the scene etc...rather than just hand them out to anyone for a fee. Charging a membership fee doesn't sort the wheat from the chaff. To me it makes better business sense to have a club full of people who have earned their place for free and have a happy club of punters, rather than a club full of people who have paid for the right to be there"

Good business sense

Southport

"Chams,Cupids and Quest are 1st division clubs who reinvest wisely and have a huge following of members.

Townhouse, adam & eve, pandora etc are 2nd division but we have had good nights in all of them and please remember this is only our opinion."

cupids first division ! Your kidding right?? Cupids is ok but Townhouse is so much better, never been to chams or quest

Southport

Townhouse, adam & eve, pandora etc are 2nd division but we have had good nights in all of them and please remember this is only our opinion.

Yeh we haven't reinvested a penny into Townhouse in the 7 1/2 years we had it. We've taken all of our customers money and haven't given anything back at all Also, I'm not sure what you call huge but 25000 memberships have been issued with our events being amongst the busiest in the region.

One day, we came in and someone had not only paid for, but also organised all of this!:

*Ripped out the entire bar, replaced it with a bigger bar, 9ft mirrors, new furniture, new flooring, new lighting and new soft furnishings

*Completely refurbed the lounge, adding in new flooring, a new stage, new lighting/disco lighting, new music system

*New stairs, bannisters, carpets on all 3 floors and decorated too

4 new swish bathrooms and showers

* Completely ripped out the old beer cellar and made it into an authentic cellar dungeon with custom built equipment

* re-fitted the 1st floor dungeon with new Fetters and custom dungeon furniture

* redesigned another room into a medical clinic with medical grade flooring and a 2.5k medical chair

* All top floor playrooms redecorated

* All mattresses replaced or recovered

* New king size beds in our orgy room

* New BDSM furniture dotted around the club

* Wet area completely retiled and a new bathroom/shower built in

* Outdoor area knocked down, extended and rebuilt with custom urban art on the walls, 14ft square foot solid wooden gazebo and heating.

So someone, somewhere invested wisely on our behalf it seems! How lucky are we? Lol

Xxx"

I can vouch for the medical room as I have inspected several crevices and cavities in there

By *lackbird1000Woman  over a year ago

Birmingham

I think is personal taste and also ,what is nearer to your own residence.I been at Cupids loved it Bruce and wife and everything was fabulous !

My main and favourite is Chams ,as a single female ,I feel safe and taked care,Mark or Steve will act on it!love the staff and the club itself .Also I visit xtasia Paul and the team are Amazing too and I love the sounds the Dj ,play all night . Just go and judge yourself and have fun.x

By *absFrenchGentMan  over a year ago

stafford

I think what make Townhouse better is the fact that the furniture are much newer including the smoking area , the dungeon has very unique features and the staff clean the play areas through out the night but Cupids is good too .

By *H and HJCouple  over a year ago

Bangor

We love TH and regularly travel the 2 hours for whatnis always a great night.

By *H and HJCouple  over a year ago

Bangor

We love TH and regularly travel the 2 hours for whatnis always a great night.

By *aughty Lovers 69Man  over a year ago

Wallasey

Townhouse has never charged for membership as we prefer to offer membership to people we have got to know and understand the scene etc...rather than just hand them out to anyone for a fee. Charging a membership fee doesn't sort the wheat from the chaff. To me it makes better business sense to have a club full of people who have earned their place for free and have a happy club of punters, rather than a club full of people who have paid for the right to be there"

This is one of the reasons we love townhouse, the owners certainly know who is in their club to keep everyone safe. Not been to chams, but been to other clubs, where not many checks have been made, and found myself in a very dangerous situation with a single male!! Townhouse enforce their rules and you know 100% that you can enjoy yourself with a great crowd and fantastic staff.

Townhouse is our regular club and prefer to go here than anywhere else. But it really depends on what your looking for, townhouse has a fantastic range of events that will suit whatever night your looking for, I'm sure xx

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Stockport

Wasn’t impressed with chams haven’t rushed back. Townhouse always get a nice welcome and would be happy to recommend

By *ilsburyMan  over a year ago

knutsford

[Removed by poster at 29/12/19 19:34:23]

By *ilsburyMan  over a year ago

knutsford

Don’t do townhouse clicky and the owners are hard work

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Don’t do townhouse clicky and the owners are hard work "

We are hard work to hard people my friend lol xxx

By *rl322Man  over a year ago

wr11

That's correct

By *aughty Lovers 69Man  over a year ago

Wallasey

"Don’t do townhouse clicky and the owners are hard work "

How so?? I find some people will say a place is clicky when they don't really seem to make an effort themselves. And the owners are fabulous!!!!

We've been to and will continue to go to both.

They are very different clubs but isn't variety the spice of life?

Townhouse is our regular/local club, we really like it and get there as often as we can, it's got a very friendly atmosphere and has some great touches like free condoms, lube, sheets on the beds, etc. It's not an immediate dress down club unlike Chams (but neither way is an issue for us, but may be for some if they are a bit nervous at first?)

Chams is quite a big club which is great when it is busy but can feel a bit empty on a quieter night.

Try both and see if you prefer one style of club over the other or if you like both

By *iss ScherzzoWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Don’t do townhouse clicky and the owners are hard work

We are hard work to hard people my friend lol xxx"

Hahaha.

I’ve only been a couple of times and I’ve found it to be great. And the owners are lovely.

I've been to both, and I prefer Chams. Main reason: you don't feel overcrowded in Chams, which I can't say about Townhouse. The bar and immediate social area in Townhouse are a bit too small for my liking, so are the changing rooms. As I still have some mobility issues after breaking my knee in September 2018, I like to have somewhere I can sit in a changing room without being too close to others.

Hot tub(s) in Chams are much more accessible, and more spacious. And if I'm perfectly honest, I don't like the sheets on the play beds at Townhouse. Yes, they are a very nice gesture as you're avoiding the coldness of the mattress, but I don't like having to notify staff after playing that the sheet needs changing . I'd much rather just use the wipes and antibacterial spray myself to clean the mattress.

I do like Townhouse prices though, and I'm quite sure me and my partner will visit again one day.

By *unLuvazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Townhouse all the way... We have visited many clubs over our many years swinging and Townhouse is definitely or favourite.

Chams is a nice club and so is Xtasia, but nothing tops Townhouse. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. They place is always spotless and smelling good... Why not give them both a try an see for yourself

By *iberatedPairCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk

Another staunch chams pioneer. Haha. Funny as

Which would be more highly recommended for a single male travelling from Ireland? Been to our place 4 fun in London and others in Germany and had a blast

"Which would be more highly recommended for a single male travelling from Ireland? Been to our place 4 fun in London and others in Germany and had a blast"

They are very different clubs and advocates for each and both on here, it depends on what you're looking for. Have a look on each clubs website and see what's on for the dates you're here and what the criteria for entry is. Hope that helps a little.

"Which would be more highly recommended for a single male travelling from Ireland? Been to our place 4 fun in London and others in Germany and had a blast"

I'd say Townhouse should be easier (and cheaper) for a single male. As you can attend non-members events, after booking your place with the club. Check their opening times as they are not open every day.

Chams on a Saturday night Is a blast and the staff are great!

» Add a new message to this topic