FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Clubs in the south west

Clubs in the south west

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andKB OP   Couple  over a year ago

Plymouth

Hey folks,

Next year we wanna explore some clubs. We're rather limited being in cornwall. Can anyone suggest clubs in the southwest or nearish?

I know there's the clubs page but first hand experience is good

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Closest you have will be Secrets and Swinger`s Quay, both of which are east Devon near Exeter.

Plymouth

Yes we know about those and are secrets regulars.

Not worried about closest really we dont mind a travel. We just want some views from people of which places they enjoy, etc.

Plymouth

Anyone?? Or is the scene just dying in the southwest now?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bristol has a good club by all accounts. Regularly hear about Route 69 in Wsston super mud..i mean mare

Plymouth

"Bristol has a good club by all accounts. Regularly hear about Route 69 in Wsston super mud..i mean mare"

I heard people complaining Bristol didn't have any clubs the other day!!

Bit worrying people may not actually be using the clubs listed due to lack of replies. Would suck if we got there and they were empty.

Dare2 is still open as I emailed them back along, maybe the office has gone. Route69 is definitely still going

Plymouth

"Dare2 is still open as I emailed them back along, maybe the office has gone. Route69 is definitely still going "

Yeah dare2 has some terrible reviews wed give that a miss. I've heard route69 can be very quiet but we will try at some point.

We're looking at possibly Angel's or Decs just looking for first hand accounts

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

"Hey folks,

Next year we wanna explore some clubs. We're rather limited being in cornwall. Can anyone suggest clubs in the southwest or nearish?

I know there's the clubs page but first hand experience is good "

Been to Route69 and Decs

Decs is great good fun good facilities.

Route is our favourite. Such a good place and always friendly and a nice atmosphere!

There’s also Twisted boudoir. It’s a kink club rather than a swing club and you’d need a member to take you first time out.

It would definitely depend on what you are looking for?

We have tried a few and he has tried pretty much all of them in the SW but secrets would be one of the best, most popular and well established

Probably best to PM us any questions

Food for thorght if you are travelling/hoteling it probably casting your net a bit further might be a bit more fruitful

Cheap hotels deals and lower prices for entry with bigger clubs are on offer if you travel a bit further

Plymouth

"It would definitely depend on what you are looking for?

We have tried a few and he has tried pretty much all of them in the SW but secrets would be one of the best, most popular and well established

Probably best to PM us any questions

Food for thorght if you are travelling/hoteling it probably casting your net a bit further might be a bit more fruitful

Cheap hotels deals and lower prices for entry with bigger clubs are on offer if you travel a bit further "

We dont mind travelling further but a lot like xtasia need you to pay membership on top. We went there once... virtually nobody spoke!!

We love secrets we go when we can

Plymouth

"Hey folks,

Been to Route69 and Decs

Route is our favourite. Such a good place and always friendly and a nice atmosphere!

There’s also Twisted boudoir. It’s a kink club rather than a swing club and you’d need a member to take you first time out.

"

We do wanna check out twisted boudoir and route69 next year.

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

"Hey folks,

Been to Route69 and Decs

We do wanna check out twisted boudoir and route69 next year. "

Let us know when you wanna try Route, we’ll see if we can get there too!

By *un and fruity CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Templecombe

We like liberation Wessex. Maybe a bit far for you but still South West

By *awty Welsh CplCouple  over a year ago

Neath

We have been to Angel's and Route 69 and had great nights in both. Route 69 is th smaller of the 2, but very friendly. Angel's is lots of fun and we also had a great night. Because both these clubs are a couple of hours away from us we now turn left on the M5 and in about the same distance for us is Xstasia and Chams, both great and big clubs. Worth considering as both are just off the motorway and only about an hour extra on the road for you.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"Dare2 is still open as I emailed them back along, maybe the office has gone. Route69 is definitely still going

Yeah dare2 has some terrible reviews wed give that a miss. I've heard route69 can be very quiet but we will try at some point.

We're looking at possibly Angel's or Decs just looking for first hand accounts "

Both Angels & Dec’s are worth a visit. We have had great times in both

Plymouth

"We have been to Angel's and Route 69 and had great nights in both. Route 69 is th smaller of the 2, but very friendly. Angel's is lots of fun and we also had a great night. Because both these clubs are a couple of hours away from us we now turn left on the M5 and in about the same distance for us is Xstasia and Chams, both great and big clubs. Worth considering as both are just off the motorway and only about an hour extra on the road for you."

We went to xtasia once had a bad time felt like a lot of wasted money

By *londie8399Couple  over a year ago

blackpool

Cameleons and its near xtasias we found it really friendly and made some good fab friends

Plymouth

We may consider travelling further if we are planning to go to area for like a gig or something.

Which is how we ened up in xtasia. Although we must've picked the wrong night. Hardly anyone spoke at all, there were a couple of couples who spoke. And some ladies in the toilet who had a chat with K. But a lot of people spent their night in the smokers area!!

Docs, Route & Gems ... Bournemouth/Poole have one or two

"Docs, Route & Gems ... Bournemouth/Poole have one or two "

Decs* lol & Steamers Quay

"Docs, Route & Gems ... Bournemouth/Poole have one or two

Decs* lol & Steamers Quay "

Forgot Angel's ...

Plymouth

We went steamers once and it was quite quiet.

Mind you we went with a single male not a great idea!! He wouldnt leave us alone

Like anywhere, very much depends on that actual day and what you make it!

Have you had a look at Silks? X

"Have you had a look at Silks? X"

Is it still open?

Plymouth

"Have you had a look at Silks? X"

Isn't it extremely expensive? It's an option but last time I looked a night was around the £300 mark

Plymouth

"Like anywhere, very much depends on that actual day and what you make it! "

Oh definitely. It's difficult if you dont go all the time because often people dont speak. At xtasia we tried to talked to people, tried to strike up conversations and literally people just didnt want to speak.

"Have you had a look at Silks? X

Isn't it extremely expensive? It's an option but last time I looked a night was around the £300 mark "

We haven’t got a membership for silks because we found it wasn’t necessary. It includes food and You do get a bar tab but then we don’t drink too much. So we pay £120. £60 to get in and £60 to stay the night. But I guess once you add on petrol and any money you do spend on drinks, it soon adds up.

Having said that, a trip to Decs can cost us the same. Secrets too.

We don’t go often, so we don’t mind paying those prices.

We’re off to xtasia on the 8th February. Always enjoyed it there. Made to feel welcome etc x

Plymouth

£120 sounds quite reasonable i did think it was a lot more than that to be quite honest. Their website isn't very forthcoming. And secrets costs that much so that wouldnt be all that bad.

Maybe we picked the wrong night at xtasia because everyone else says new people get a tour. We didnt we had to ask a regular who was showing someone else around if they minded showing us as well. We spoke to a couple of people but for the most part people didnt speak. The fetish night the next night was a different story!! Everyone spoke and were really nice people. Maybe we'll try again one day

"Have you had a look at Silks? X

Is it still open? "

Has far as I’m aware.

Some friends were going on Friday but I do see that A’s profile is hidden.....

"£120 sounds quite reasonable i did think it was a lot more than that to be quite honest. Their website isn't very forthcoming. And secrets costs that much so that wouldnt be all that bad.

Maybe we picked the wrong night at xtasia because everyone else says new people get a tour. We didnt we had to ask a regular who was showing someone else around if they minded showing us as well. We spoke to a couple of people but for the most part people didnt speak. The fetish night the next night was a different story!! Everyone spoke and were really nice people. Maybe we'll try again one day "

We went on a Dpraved night. Got shown around and made to feel very welcome. It’s hit and miss isn’t it. We wasn’t blown away with Libs but we will give it another go!

It’s the logistics, isn’t it. Some nights just don’t go how you imagine it.

Plymouth

"£120 sounds quite reasonable i did think it was a lot more than that to be quite honest. Their website isn't very forthcoming. And secrets costs that much so that wouldnt be all that bad.

Maybe we picked the wrong night at xtasia because everyone else says new people get a tour. We didnt we had to ask a regular who was showing someone else around if they minded showing us as well. We spoke to a couple of people but for the most part people didnt speak. The fetish night the next night was a different story!! Everyone spoke and were really nice people. Maybe we'll try again one day

We went on a Dpraved night. Got shown around and made to feel very welcome. It’s hit and miss isn’t it. We wasn’t blown away with Libs but we will give it another go!

It’s the logistics, isn’t it. Some nights just don’t go how you imagine it. "

Yeah and with having a travel so far, etc it feels like money spent for nothing. It's just the luck of the draw I guess some nights will be great and others just wont. We would like to try a greedy girls event somewhere and for that we'd want a busy club not much point else

I guess the extreme south west doesn't have the population to allow a club to make the turnover needed to pay for the spa kit etc.

Perhaps we need to ask Manicore spa to do a straight night now and again.

Plymouth

"I guess the extreme south west doesn't have the population to allow a club to make the turnover needed to pay for the spa kit etc.

Perhaps we need to ask Manicore spa to do a straight night now and again. "

A club doesn't need to have spa facilities there are some that dont!! Could be just like a night club style.

It’s the logistics, isn’t it. Some nights just don’t go how you imagine it.

Yeah and with having a travel so far, etc it feels like money spent for nothing. It's just the luck of the draw I guess some nights will be great and others just wont. We would like to try a greedy girls event somewhere and for that we'd want a busy club not much point else "

Had a very interesting email from xtasia today. Reference to your greedy girl comment

Definitely pricked my ears up!

Also. It appears Silks is coming to an end

Last night is NYE. Gutted

Plymouth

Really?? Funny how they mailed you.

Shame about silks. We have so little round here

By *appyboy4Man  over a year ago

honiton

Silks closing what a shame..anyone know why?

By *WillowxWoman  over a year ago

Oo err Devon

"Silks closing what a shame..anyone know why?"

Oh no, I was really hoping to visit in the new year...

By *KAholeandgloryCouple  over a year ago

Torquay

We always have great nights at steamers quay

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

Don't forget Chameleons has a place in Newport too. Members can use both clubs interchangeably. Given your journey, it may be a little closer....though admittedly for the added journey it may not be so attractive given Darlaston is do much bigger & better equipped.

"Silks closing what a shame..anyone know why?"

It has been advertised as for sale I believe and I "think" they had planning issues but can't remember all the precise details

» Add a new message to this topic