FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Clubs with Brexit Party next weekend ?

Clubs with Brexit Party next weekend ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exyCouple999 OP   Couple  over a year ago

South Bucks

Any clubs holding a Brexit party next weekend ? If not, perhaps we'll arrange something privately xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would guess that's a hard no. Even though 80% of the country voted leave in the second referendum recently, I'd hazard a guess its the opposite % on the scene.

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

"I would guess that's a hard no. Even though 80% of the country voted leave in the second referendum recently, I'd hazard a guess its the opposite % on the scene."

Only 44% of the population voted Conservative?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

That seems in poor taste and likely to alienate some guests.

"I would guess that's a hard no. Even though 80% of the country voted leave in the second referendum recently, I'd hazard a guess its the opposite % on the scene.

Only 44% of the population voted Conservative? "

My bad I thought I read somewhere that 80% of the constituencies went to the conservatives. I'm happy I was wrong.

South Bucks

"That seems in poor taste and likely to alienate some guests."

Poor taste ? Why is that ?

"That seems in poor taste and likely to alienate some guests.

Poor taste ? Why is that ?"

I can't answer for swing but politics and swinging shouldn't really mix

South Bucks

"I would guess that's a hard no. Even though 80% of the country voted leave in the second referendum recently, I'd hazard a guess its the opposite % on the scene."

Hmm. On what do you base your hazard of a guess that it is opposite on the scene ? We always the scene was representative of society in general - i.e. from a population that voted to leave the EU.

South Bucks

"That seems in poor taste and likely to alienate some guests.

Poor taste ? Why is that ?

I can't answer for swing but politics and swinging shouldn't really mix "

That's fair comment

"Any clubs holding a Brexit party next weekend ? If not, perhaps we'll arrange something privately xxx "

Politics... because that’s sexy,

Jokes aside, if you think people would be keen then do it

"I would guess that's a hard no. Even though 80% of the country voted leave in the second referendum recently, I'd hazard a guess its the opposite % on the scene.

Hmm. On what do you base your hazard of a guess that it is opposite on the scene ? We always the scene was representative of society in general - i.e. from a population that voted to leave the EU."

I could give you my reason, but I fear it would make you feel insulted. I'm not in the habit of doing that, so for that reason I won't (tell you)

Hmm. On what do you base your hazard of a guess that it is opposite on the scene ? We always the scene was representative of society in general - i.e. from a population that voted to leave the EU."

It's representative of just over half the population. The other half wouldn't go to a club with an event like that. It would be commercial suicide.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Hmm. On what do you base your hazard of a guess that it is opposite on the scene ? We always the scene was representative of society in general - i.e. from a population that voted to leave the EU.

I could give you my reason, but I fear it would make you feel insulted. I'm not in the habit of doing that, so for that reason I won't (tell you)"

Maybe this should be in the Political post section. But as stated previously, politics and swinging don't necessarily mix well.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

The country is divided as it is! I don't want those divisions in my club. We don't mix politics or football with swinging parties; it never ends well

xxx

My bad I thought I read somewhere that 80% of the constituencies went to the conservatives. I'm happy I was wrong."

Absolutely wrong, the tories got 56% of the seats, Labour 31% and the rest split amongst the other parties. The tories got less than 44% of the total votes cast, this equates to about 29% of the electorate, (less than 14 million people voted Tory) and when you add in the ones who were not registered to vote the percentage of the population drops even more.

Labour lost ground because so many people don't like Jeremy Corbyn and their campaign was a shambles

I think its good idea to have a party but no theme keep it simple lol

"The country is divided as it is! I don't want those divisions in my club. We don't mix politics or football with swinging parties; it never ends well

xxx"

By *oss25Man  over a year ago

Flitwick and Fakenham

Do it!

I just think it'd be a bad idea, you'd either alienate customers who aren't pro Brexit, or you'd risk causing divisions withing the club and maybe starting heated debates or arguments between different sides. It just doesn't seem worth it from a business perspective in my opinion.

The golden rule of any hospitality business is to never demonstrate or publicise your religious or political alliances. Your always going to alienate a good percentage of your clients.

By *astyEricMan  over a year ago

Hull

My bad I thought I read somewhere that 80% of the constituencies went to the conservatives. I'm happy I was wrong."

You right 80% went to conservatives but only 44% of population voted, therefore results are fable, it should be at least 51% which voted to get an majority.

And 56% didn't give a flying fu.k because brexit last since 2016 and people want it over with either leave or remain.

» Add a new message to this topic