FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Ab Fabs Temporary Closure

Ab Fabs Temporary Closure

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sorry to hear of the temporary closure of Ab Fab due to the Corona Virus.

Heres hoping to a reasonably swift end to this crisis, and for a swift resumption to normal business.

Wishing Tash, Graham and all the staff at Ab Fabs all the best, stay safe, stay healthy and somehow keep your head above water.

Hopefully see you all in the not to distant future xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

I wish them all the best, and also all the clubs.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wishing the team all the very best.

By *ishopstippleMan  over a year ago

Purley

"Sorry to hear of the temporary closure of Ab Fab due to the Corona Virus.

Heres hoping to a reasonably swift end to this crisis, and for a swift resumption to normal business.

Wishing Tash, Graham and all the staff at Ab Fabs all the best, stay safe, stay healthy and somehow keep your head above water.

Hopefully see you all in the not to distant future xx"

What they said .

By *heeseandWineCouple  over a year ago

Reading and Southampton

Our thoughts too

for all the businesses that go down the pan best of luck for the future

Big party for sure when they re open!

hear hear

Hopefully it won't be a long drawn out affair and we can swiftly get back to nudie normal

By *n With LifeCouple  over a year ago

Hadley Wood

Despite the current terrible situation we must all keep the future in mind and we look forward to one day going again.

By *untime66Man  over a year ago

Twickenham

Stay safe everyone and I hope to see you all back at the club when they reopen. Take care and keep safe.

By *olden_Road_to_SamarkandMan  over a year ago

Road to Samarkand

Stay safe everyone - at some point we'll all have to make up for lost time

Not been to new abfab / kestrels site(went to old one alot) is the new site any good?

Baby

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Not been to new abfab / kestrels site(went to old one alot) is the new site any good?

Baby"

Yes the new place is good, its different to the old place, because it is in a building purpose built for leisure, rather than a house and gardens. Everything under one roof. The pool is much nicer, plus a licensed bar, a lot more spacious as well. They have done very well. The old Ab Fabs was a tough act to follow and improve on, but I think they have managed it.

"Not been to new abfab / kestrels site(went to old one alot) is the new site any good?

Baby"

No it’s rubbish

By *reykiwi500Man  over a year ago

London

Baby

Yes the new place is good, its different to the old place, because it is in a building purpose built for leisure, rather than a house and gardens. Everything under one roof. The pool is much nicer, plus a licensed bar, a lot more spacious as well. They have done very well. The old Ab Fabs was a tough act to follow and improve on, but I think they have managed it."

I would agree with all that apart from the pool. Can't beat the pool from the old venue!

By *he RingmasterMan  over a year ago

Canford Cliffs

Baby

No it’s rubbish "

Well it isn't for everyone is it?

By *wickermanMan  over a year ago

Staines

"

No it’s rubbish "

Six days ago you were asking whether it was still open, why if you think it rubbish?

I was hoping they also saw sense n closed knowing what money grabbers they are

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"I was hoping they also saw sense n closed knowing what money grabbers they are"

After all they went through with the old premises (yes, I know most of that was their own "fault") and goodness knows what they`ve had to fork out getting the current venue into what it is now, I can imagine that they are probably still some way in the red, so can you blame them for pricing their product accordingly? The club still needs loads of money thrown at it, the pool needs a lick of paint to "soften" the atmosphere as it`s a bit stark white ATM. It could do with a larger steam room and it lacks a sauna which some may seem desirable. The smoking area needs work too but is currently adequate.

The main thing is, it`s the best thing West London has at the moment that welcomes all, has sensible open hours and a decent amount of room. My local club charges exactly the same for single guys but you could put the whole club in the deep end of AbFab`s pool! The membership is £10 a year. Compare that with a popular West Midlands club that charges £70+ for an annual membership for single guys!

Money grabbing? Hardly!

By *ishopstippleMan  over a year ago

Purley

"I was hoping they also saw sense n closed knowing what money grabbers they are

After all they went through with the old premises (yes, I know most of that was their own "fault") and goodness knows what they`ve had to fork out getting the current venue into what it is now, I can imagine that they are probably still some way in the red, so can you blame them for pricing their product accordingly? The club still needs loads of money thrown at it, the pool needs a lick of paint to "soften" the atmosphere as it`s a bit stark white ATM. It could do with a larger steam room and it lacks a sauna which some may seem desirable. The smoking area needs work too but is currently adequate.

The main thing is, it`s the best thing West London has at the moment that welcomes all, has sensible open hours and a decent amount of room. My local club charges exactly the same for single guys but you could put the whole club in the deep end of AbFab`s pool! The membership is £10 a year. Compare that with a popular West Midlands club that charges £70+ for an annual membership for single guys!

Money grabbing? Hardly! "

Yes indeed!

They are doing their best.

Rushed open before it was ready with dangerous stairs and poor lighting meaning people fell. Needs decorating and plumbing sorting

By *n With LifeCouple  over a year ago

Hadley Wood

Baby

Yes the new place is good, its different to the old place, because it is in a building purpose built for leisure, rather than a house and gardens. Everything under one roof. The pool is much nicer, plus a licensed bar, a lot more spacious as well. They have done very well. The old Ab Fabs was a tough act to follow and improve on, but I think they have managed it."

"Rushed open before it was ready with dangerous stairs and poor lighting meaning people fell. Needs decorating and plumbing sorting "

Dangerous stairs? How absurd! They served the premises well before it changed hands and any licence to open would have needed them to be completely safe first. Now if you`re going to walk around after having a drink and wearing stiletto heels the perhaps you will have such issues with the stairs. The only poor lighting I found was in the Darkroom! And I also never found any plumbing problems although I am aware they did have issues at first. I wonder if they were down to the building being dis-used for a while?

Don`t forget, the building is still work in progress as is any club that values it`s customers well being and enjoyment and may well have improved way beyond what it appeared like since your visit.

"Rushed open before it was ready with dangerous stairs and poor lighting meaning people fell. Needs decorating and plumbing sorting

Dangerous stairs? How absurd! They served the premises well before it changed hands and any licence to open would have needed them to be completely safe first. Now if you`re going to walk around after having a drink and wearing stiletto heels the perhaps you will have such issues with the stairs. The only poor lighting I found was in the Darkroom! And I also never found any plumbing problems although I am aware they did have issues at first. I wonder if they were down to the building being dis-used for a while?

Don`t forget, the building is still work in progress as is any club that values it`s customers well being and enjoyment and may well have improved way beyond what it appeared like since your visit."

Someone fell down the stairs the first or second night it opened as the lighting was poor. Fact

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

"Rushed open before it was ready with dangerous stairs and poor lighting meaning people fell. Needs decorating and plumbing sorting

Don`t forget, the building is still work in progress as is any club that values it`s customers well being and enjoyment and may well have improved way beyond what it appeared like since your visit.

Someone fell down the stairs the first or second night it opened as the lighting was poor. Fact "

Have you actually been there?

Granted accidents happen. A few years ago, I was at BGHS with another partner when a guy fell down the stairs and broke his leg. It happens...

Someone fell down the stairs the first or second night it opened as the lighting was poor. Fact

Granted accidents happen. A few years ago, I was at BGHS with another partner when a guy fell down the stairs and broke his leg. It happens..."

Yes I have once not long after it opened

There's a Shop called aftabs near me. I'm assuming the two aren't related haha

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

Granted accidents happen. A few years ago, I was at BGHS with another partner when a guy fell down the stairs and broke his leg. It happens...

Yes I have once not long after it opened"

You may wish to revisit once it reopens....much improved xx

Yes, I did hear about that. Apparently a walking aid was also a factor.

"There's a Shop called aftabs near me. I'm assuming the two aren't related haha "

Poundland wasn't what I was hoping for either....

By *oolguy1989Man  over a year ago

Middlesx

Baby

No it’s rubbish "

Why you say this?

Baby

No it’s rubbish

Why you say this?"

Not quite to their liking!

By *wickermanMan  over a year ago

Staines

"

Amazing how any thread about this particular club always manages to attract a hater. If I were the owners I would be taking it personally.

"

Yes I have once not long after it opened

Amazing how any thread about this particular club always manages to attract a hater. If I were the owners I would be taking it personally."

Maybe there is an issue in that direction?

» Add a new message to this topic