FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Northern Ireland forum

Northern Ireland forum

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I think we should have our own area to post in. Not UK and not Ireland as posts get ignored or lost to actual NI residents.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"I think we should have our own area to post in. Not UK and not Ireland as posts get ignored or lost to actual NI residents. "

We wouldn’t want a Northern Ireland forum as most of our friends on the island are from down south. It’s a small enough place as it is!!

If you want to connect with folk here you just use the Ireland forum - it ain’t broke so don’t fix it

"I think we should have our own area to post in. Not UK and not Ireland as posts get ignored or lost to actual NI residents.

We wouldn’t want a Northern Ireland forum as most of our friends on the island are from down south. It’s a small enough place as it is!!

If you want to connect with folk here you just use the Ireland forum - it ain’t broke so don’t fix it "

I find posts regarding purely NI are ignored tho. Just because it doesn't suit you doesn't mean its a bad idea.

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"I think we should have our own area to post in. Not UK and not Ireland as posts get ignored or lost to actual NI residents.

If you want to connect with folk here you just use the Ireland forum - it ain’t broke so don’t fix it

I find posts regarding purely NI are ignored tho. Just because it doesn't suit you doesn't mean its a bad idea. "

I didn’t comment on whether it was a good or a bad idea. I said that we wouldn’t see the need for it

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

Yes please I’m really interested to find a Belfast couple for fun

"Yes please I’m really interested to find a Belfast couple for fun "

Good to see I'm not the only 1 that would like a dedicated space for us NI peeps.

By *arriedfun51Man  over a year ago

Northern Ireland

a northern ireland forum would be great,we are a region in are selfs

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Definitely need it. It doesn't stop southerners from joining in. If anything it would add a lot to this side of the Irish sea as people particularly interest in local meets could concentrate on there, this includes those from the south. Same with searches. We shouldn't be having People from Liverpool, Manchester, Blackpool etc appearing and half the country here not included in the distance either.

I totally agree we need a northern Ireland forum

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

The Scotland and Wales forums both have a larger audience and yet if you look at the threads in there the vast majority have less than 20 posts and many more have been up days with no response so what makes anyone think a Northern Ireland forum would be any different?

Even the Irish forum as a whole can sit for a couple of hours without anyone posting.

It would still be good even if only a few replied

"The Scotland and Wales forums both have a larger audience and yet if you look at the threads in there the vast majority have less than 20 posts and many more have been up days with no response so what makes anyone think a Northern Ireland forum would be any different?

Even the Irish forum as a whole can sit for a couple of hours without anyone posting.

"

That's simply because of choice.

If you look a Wales and Scotland, compared to NIreland, they are very spread out communities. Here we can travel the breadth inside 2 hrs and 1 half hrs north/south.

Until it's tried it's only speculation on both sides.

I've yet to hear a valid reason that wouldn't be of benefit to local people here for not to doing it.

They can trial it, like all the other ones and see what response is.

We got a bikers one going on a trial basis. There are many days that go by without comments or new posts, but it's there and used.

OP post it again in the suggestions forum and those in here who support it go and show your support, those who don't want it, don't as you wouldn't want to use it if they did put it up, so makes no difference for you.

By *lovebigboobsMan  over a year ago

NEWTOWNARDS

An NI forum would be good I think I'm continually scrolling looking for folk from here

By *cltdCouple  over a year ago

moira/belfast

I agree. Its difficult looking for any views or news with what's going on in N I so bring it on. We may be wee but we are plenty.

[Removed by poster at 22/05/20 07:39:59]

France,USA, Australia,New Zealand all have there own forums,none of which are buzzing,so,based on some of the arguments given earlier, I don't see why N.Ireland can't have it's own forum.

And yes,anyone from anywhere would be free to contribute to it.

"France,USA, Australia,New Zealand all have there own forums,none of which are buzzing,so,based on some of the arguments given earlier, I don't see why N.Ireland can't have it's own forum.

And yes,anyone from anywhere would be free to contribute to it."

Agree. Don't quite understand those who are outspoken against the idea. Normally it's because one feels they'd loose out, but this wouldn't be the case, if anything it provides another pool.

hello folks. this topic seems to swing around occasionally, that almost justifies the argument for it to exist ways. i'm all for a northern irish forum as a useful, open, entertaining and informative talking shop. so why tf not?

Seems like a ridiculous idea, I drove from belfast to dublin a while back and an hour does it it's a tiny island compared to uk.

"Seems like a ridiculous idea, I drove from belfast to dublin a while back and an hour does it it's a tiny island compared to uk."

Which Dublin you on about as it takes 2 hrs without traffic.

But what's your point exactly as I can't see what's that got to do with a forum?

Liverpool is in England and Chester is in Wales both also in the UK, as is NI. They are only 30 minutes apart but have different forum options.

So be interested in hearing how this idea is so ridiculous as you say?

By *usketeerABCMan  over a year ago

LISBURN

Yes please , great idea , lets Northern Ireland people that want to keep it local, keep it local however also makes it easier for visiting fabbers too

"Seems like a ridiculous idea, I drove from belfast to dublin a while back and an hour does it it's a tiny island compared to uk.

But what's your point exactly as I can't see what's that got to do with a forum?

Liverpool is in England and Chester is in Wales both also in the UK, as is NI. They are only 30 minutes apart but have different forum options.

"

Maybe in a micro, think it's about 100 mls on the motorway,

that's between the two main population centers in ireland perhaps cork is a longer drive but still seems like a daft idea to have two forums.

"Seems like a ridiculous idea, I drove from belfast to dublin a while back and an hour does it it's a tiny island compared to uk.

that's between the two main population centers in ireland perhaps cork is a longer drive but still seems like a daft idea to have two forums.

"

You obviously didn't do it in a hour then either. It is 100 miles and on my VFR motorbike it takes 2 hrs.

You obviously didn't do it in a hour then either. It is 100 miles and on my VFR motorbike it takes 2 hrs. "

I was near the airport and just over an hour I believe.

NI forum would be great sometime hard getting replies from just private messaging

By *olishcplCouple  over a year ago

Lanzarote

Great idea.

Love the idea of it.

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

"

Since when was Chester in Wales?

Since when was Chester in Wales?"

I was wondering that myself

By *ateniteCouple  over a year ago

Youghal

Here's our 2 cents/2 pence,

We wouldn't see the need for a separate forum. Between here and the chatroom we interact North and South of the border. Any further dilution of the forum would kill it off we think.

Mrs D is from Belfast so we do like to see what's going on in the North and we find the current set up ideal. Just our opinion.

I was wondering that myself"

Ok Saltney which is 6 mins drive from Chester town center then.

Chester was part of Wales till the English took it. Chester is the anglosised name. It used to be called Derverdoeu and then Caerlleon, literally "the fortress-city of the legions after the Romans moved out.

Chester was part of Wales till the English took it. Chester is the anglosised name. It used to be called Derverdoeu and then Caerlleon, literally "the fortress-city of the legions after the Romans moved out. "

Still doesn't make it in Wales

...i'd love to see a NI forum too chum

By *appy and horny2018Couple  over a year ago

bangor area

Do no harm to have one ... quite often we nip to Dublin for play as seems to be more popular there. But be good to have more happening up this neck of the Irish woods for sure

North west ish

Chester was part of Wales till the English took it. Chester is the anglosised name. It used to be called Derverdoeu and then Caerlleon, literally "the fortress-city of the legions after the Romans moved out. "

Yeh Chester is in England not Wales.

Amazing how people get fixated on an unrelated issue.

"Do no harm to have one ... quite often we nip to Dublin for play as seems to be more popular there. But be good to have more happening up this neck of the Irish woods for sure "

Think it would help bring more from the north on to the forums. It's mainly dominated by those in the south and a regulars in the north.

I can see many positives but yet to see any negative impact it would have that would say not to do it.

North west ish

"Amazing how people get fixated on an unrelated issue."

Hardly fixated. But you crack on. Doubt it will happen no matter where Chester is

By *ebel_LionMan  over a year ago

cork

would us southerners still be welcome to pop in

"would us southerners still be welcome to pop in "

As much as those in the north are I'd guess like any other forum. You may even find new forum users join in. Isn't that the point of any forum, to increase the use.

The Irish one can be daunting for many.

» Add a new message to this topic