FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Social Meets

Social Meets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Don't suppose there's any way we can have the meetings section back please, but to arrange social meets with people in our area?

Now that we are allowed outdoor to do so in groups of 6 max. Camming is nice but missing some face to face (2m away) meetings with Fabbers and not everyone uses the rainbow. You just get a nicer feel for people's personalities in person. Plus tired of my shit WiFi lol.

Cheers Mike

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unny_ManMan  over a year ago

London

Agree the lockdown is definitely in the dying stages

By *udeNTw1stedMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I'm not quite sure that the meeting upto 6 people outside means meeting strangers in all honesty.

It is geared towards family and friends. And if friends on here want to meet.

I am sure they wouldn't use the meet section to say they want to meet. As I would assume friends have other more personal ways of contacting each other.

As this present time. There are more important things to consider instead of meeting strangers.

By *nnnikCouple  over a year ago

Walsall

Same old threads on the same old subject. If you want to meet people you don't need permission too... Nik

By *icoleAndLisaTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Ellesmere Port

"I'm not quite sure that the meeting upto 6 people outside means meeting strangers in all honesty.

It is geared towards family and friends. And if friends on here want to meet.

I am sure they wouldn't use the meet section to say they want to meet. As I would assume friends have other more personal ways of contacting each other.

As this present time. There are more important things to consider instead of meeting strangers. "

Boris's speech was: "So from Monday we will allow up to six people to meet outside - provided those from different households continue strictly to observe social distancing rules by staying two metres apart.

At the moment, as you know, people can meet in parks but not in private gardens. This was a cautious first step - but we know that there is no difference in the health risk. So we will now allow people to meet in gardens and other private outdoor spaces.

These changes mean friends and family can start to meet their loved ones - perhaps seeing both parents at once, or both grandparents at once. I know that for many this will be a long-awaited and joyful moment."

So yes, the intent is to allow friends and family to meet, but the rule itself seems to be that people may meet anyone from other households, provided no more than 6 people congregate, and 2 metres of separation is maintained between people from different households at all times.

We need to see what comes up on the gov dot uk website over the next couple of days (they haven't updated the old rules yet.) It's the wording on there that I'll take as gospel. Only if it specifies 'friends and family only' will I consider myself restricted to that.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was thinking the same.

Admins & mods - surely from Mon social meets and verifications should be permitted as long as the 2m rule is observed?

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Boris is not my keeper . stay alert and meet your friends safely

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Boris is not my keeper . stay alert and meet your friends safely "

I don’t think Boris is even Boris,s keeper bless him.

T

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Do we even need a meets section ? I guess it makes it a little easier and stops having to chat to and then block salty people

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

"I was thinking the same.

Admins & mods - surely from Mon social meets and verifications should be permitted as long as the 2m rule is observed?"

Personally I think Admin are rather between the proverbial 'rock and a hard place' really.

So they were to allow advertising for social meets etc. just how many of them, given some members are still posting for actual meets, would end up actually being just social meets I wonder

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

"I was thinking the same.

Admins & mods - surely from Mon social meets and verifications should be permitted as long as the 2m rule is observed?

Personally I think Admin are rather between the proverbial 'rock and a hard place' really.

So they were to allow advertising for social meets etc. just how many of them, given some members are still posting for actual meets, would end up actually being just social meets I wonder "

Doesn’t matter it’s not theirs or anyone’s business but the people meeting, they just need to not promote things against government advice or laws and meeting people is now allowed

» Add a new message to this topic