FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Ethnicity Filter

Ethnicity Filter

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There has been a recent trend by dating, hook-up apps and websites to remove ethnicity filters from their websites as many people believe that such a filter fuels discrimination and does little to tackle racism.

Can we expect a decisive move from the administrators of Fab on this subject?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There isnt an ethnicity filter on fab. You cannot block an racial group from contacting on here. You can however search for racial groups of interest....

"There isnt an ethnicity filter on fab. You cannot block an racial group from contacting on here. You can however search for racial groups of interest.... "

It's a filter. A search filter.

And yes op, it's time fab removed ethnicity from the search filters.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

But what if I want to find a nice African man? I have to wade through 1000s of profiles to find him. By then I lost the world to live can't we just be sensible about these things instead of becoming too pc. If people going to be racist, they wouldn't use preference filters to find specific races.

By *ixedracemale77Man  over a year ago

here

Why? If whatever race doesn't float your boat sexually can be a choice based on your own preference. It's not racist to have a preference. This is life. Tall, short, fat, thin, smoker, non smoker, gay, straight bi. Without these preferences there would be no search. And why do we have a search option? To find people we are more likely to be sexually attracted to

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

All valid points and glad that this is stimulating debate on what it is multi-faceted issue.

By *nexpectedGentlemanMan  over a year ago

london/ taplow

"There isnt an ethnicity filter on fab. You cannot block an racial group from contacting on here. You can however search for racial groups of interest....

And yes op, it's time fab removed ethnicity from the search filters."

I tend not to agree actually. If somebody knows that they are not interested in a certain type of person, why should they have to waste their time scrolling through unwanted people, pictures and mail?

Why not get rid of ALL filters if you want be inclusive of everyone?

No racism was meant in anyway by this post, I am personally open to all colours and creeds.

Lyle x

By *nexpectedGentlemanMan  over a year ago

london/ taplow

"But what if I want to find a nice African man? I have to wade through 1000s of profiles to find him. By then I lost the world to live can't we just be sensible about these things instead of becoming too pc. If people going to be racist, they wouldn't use preference filters to find specific races. "

Very much agree x

I hope not.

What next, remove the age filter & the body type one too?

"But what if I want to find a nice African man? I have to wade through 1000s of profiles to find him. By then I lost the world to live can't we just be sensible about these things instead of becoming too pc. If people going to be racist, they wouldn't use preference filters to find specific races. "

This!

Discrimination is age, race, body type, height, hair colour, anything that is “different”.

So why the ethnicity filter and not the others? I think people should be free to search what they prefer without any issues. Those who don’t want to use the filter don’t have to, but I think the option should be there.

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I think most people have a preference and it would be wrong to remove a person's choice. I have a preference for older men and I would be so annoyed if I had to scroll through loads of men in their 20s. You wouldn't remove the choice of seeking male, female etc

By *laqgrapeMan  over a year ago

Sanderstead

Theres no ethnicity filter on fab and i personally think they should create one everyone has their own preferences and some dont state it on their profiles and others recieve abuse for their ethnic preference so yes i think one should be put in place that way they'll be less abuse coz you'll concentrate on the section you of your choice....simple x

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"There isnt an ethnicity filter on fab."

"Theres no ethnicity filter on fab"

Surely being able to search by ethnicity is an ethnicity filter?

"There isnt an ethnicity filter on fab.

Theres no ethnicity filter on fab

Surely being able to search by ethnicity is an ethnicity filter?"

Yup!

But I think she means more on the profile as a preference like we have an age filter and can block certain ages from messaging.

Honestly, why do we need to reinvent the wheel?

A simple “ White , black , Asian only contact me “ at the beginning of a profile should do the trick.....

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

The PC police

I'm not racist if there's certain racial groups I don't want to meet/date or ones that I exclusively do want to meet.

Sanderstead

"Honestly, why do we need to reinvent the wheel?

A simple “ White , black , Asian only contact me “ at the beginning of a profile should do the trick..... "

.....THANK U

In what way exactly will or can it tackle racism ? Where is this filter here anyway?

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

A simple “ White , black , Asian only contact me “ at the beginning of a profile should do the trick..... "

You'll get abuse and called racist by some people

Sorry guys - filtering out what you don't like is a personal choice - nothing to do with racism

By *annekiMan  over a year ago

mk

"Sorry guys - filtering out what you don't like is a personal choice - nothing to do with racism "

Agreed. I'm not bi/gay, by filtering out single males it's just my preference.

Having more filters would help cater for your tastes and what you're attracted to, like a sexual preference or fetish?

People don't read profiles...

When I was first on here, I made it very clear in my profile that I was looking to meet black men only - my preference - yet some days I was deleting dozens of messages from white men who obviously hadn't even bothered to read the first two sentences.

It was very frustrating.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

But I enjoy every race, depending on my mood, some days I just wana chat to a certain race but without filters, it's virtually impossible to find him

By *acavityMan  over a year ago

Redditch

As soon as we add filters, people (mostly men) will be lying to get round them

We already have fab straight, and fab single, can't wait to see somebody claim to be fab black.

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

A simple “ White , black , Asian only contact me “ at the beginning of a profile should do the trick.....

When I was first on here, I made it very clear in my profile that I was looking to meet black men only - my preference - yet some days I was deleting dozens of messages from white men who obviously hadn't even bothered to read the first two sentences.

It was very frustrating. "

Then search yourself for the men you want?

How entitled are you..."the right men are not contacting me"

And if men who don't meet your criteria continue to contact you. Block them.

The last thing thing this site or the world needs now is more reasons for division.

There are (some) deluded people on here expecting Leonardo DiCapricock to come striding out of their fantasies and into their inbox.

The sites more engaging if you treat people as humanbeings and get to know them personally rather than make snap judgements based on profiles.

By *hilmiholeMan  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

It could be seen two ways.

1) Discriminatory

2) Help for those who are in or wish to meet people from certain ethnic groups, who may struggle otherwise.

By *oirinMarkusCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands and West London

"As soon as we add filters, people (mostly men) will be lying to get round them

We already have fab straight, and fab single, can't wait to see somebody claim to be fab black."

I've already experienced this!

Personally I am in favour of how it's already set up. I never use the race filter because I don't care and I also believe that people are more nuanced than those very slim "race" categories.

It was very frustrating.

The last thing thing this site or the world needs now is more reasons for division.

There are (some) deluded people on here expecting Leonardo DiCapricock to come striding out of their fantasies and into their inbox.

The sites more engaging if you treat people as humanbeings and get to know them personally rather than make snap judgements based on profiles."

Everyone has preferences. I am only attracted to black men and I am not going to apologise for only wanting to engage with men whom I am attracted to.

I have had no problem meeting men on here who fit my requirements (pre-lockdown) but it is frustrating when you clearly state something in your profile only to have dozens of men decide it doesn't apply to them. Then I have to waste time deleting all the unwanted messages rather than talking to the men who have caught my attention.

"It could be seen two ways.

1) Discriminatory

2) Help for those who are in or wish to meet people from certain ethnic groups, who may struggle otherwise."

This comment is totally ridiculous - if a member only wants to date/have sex with a certain ethnicity - it will still happen - filters or no filters. I think you just have the hump because she doesn't want you !!!

What's wrong with preference though.. it's not racist if you're only attracted to one race! That's not something you can control

It was very frustrating.

The sites more engaging if you treat people as humanbeings and get to know them personally rather than make snap judgements based on profiles."

Not sure how it would lead to division when you can already search by ethnicity anyway.

We all have preferences including you, it’s all well and good getting to know people personally, but some of us would rather have quality conversations with those we actually went to meet. I’m sure you would too.

By *hilmiholeMan  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

"It could be seen two ways.

1) Discriminatory

2) Help for those who are in or wish to meet people from certain ethnic groups, who may struggle otherwise.

This comment is totally ridiculous - if a member only wants to date/have sex with a certain ethnicity - it will still happen - filters or no filters. I think you just have the hump because she doesn't want you !!!"

You couldn't be more wrong.

By *hor ThumbMan  over a year ago

bristol

"There has been a recent trend by dating, hook-up apps and websites to remove ethnicity filters from their websites as many people believe that such a filter fuels discrimination and does little to tackle racism.

Can we expect a decisive move from the administrators of Fab on this subject?"

i hope so. There are some incredibly racist people on here. I find racism incredibly ugly.

By *hor ThumbMan  over a year ago

bristol

"What's wrong with preference though.. it's not racist if you're only attracted to one race! That's not something you can control"
o it comes from racism and is racist. Just because being racist doesnt sit eight with you doesnt meam you dont buy into racist language.

"But I enjoy every race, depending on my mood, some days I just wana chat to a certain race but without filters, it's virtually impossible to find him "

I’m exactly the same

I’ve met every race

But sometimes I’m looking for a particular one

We already have fab straight, and fab single, can't wait to see somebody claim to be fab black."

How can someone pretend to be Fab Black?

Leicester / London

[Removed by poster at 03/06/20 19:26:25]

Leicester / London

We already have fab straight, and fab single, can't wait to see somebody claim to be fab black.

How can someone pretend to be Fab Black?"

Que someone shitposting about fancy dress blackface

So to break the tension and areminder RDJ did blackface and it was funny as shit and now it never needs to be done again.

https://youtu.be/tKvqhlhXq9s

Not really fussed on race debate but would love a search by body type if they would add that it would make searching so much easier as sometimes you just fancy a certain type and other days it changes.

There is an incredible amount of racism in the swinging community, I would imagine once play re commences we will find it harder to find meets now hubby has grown his hair and his mixed race heritage is more obvious. We’ve always struggled to meet people in the Norfolk/Suffolk area coincidentally a racial hotspot in the east of England

"There is an incredible amount of racism in the swinging community, I would imagine once play re commences we will find it harder to find meets now hubby has grown his hair and his mixed race heritage is more obvious. We’ve always struggled to meet people in the Norfolk/Suffolk area coincidentally a racial hotspot in the east of England"

That's a real shame, I went to UEA in Norwich and felt quite comfortable, but things are different in cities I guess x

How can someone pretend to be Fab Black?"

He had "BBC" stuff up, and when I asked him he said he was of South Asian heritage. But he was trying to pass himself off as "black" because of the big cock thing

By *ake_holeMan  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 03/06/20 21:26:11]

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

It was very frustrating.

I don’t think it’s a simple as that. I search when I’m looking and my profile makes it clear what I’m looking for. Unfortunately that doesn’t stop me getting an inbox full of graphic, naked and sexual pictures from people who I don’t want to see. I can’t block them until they’ve contacted me so I have to just keep getting them. I don’t think it makes me entitled to want to be selective over who’s junk I see. It would save a lot of time and discomfort to just be able to tailor my Fab experience to suit me. Or does that make me unpleasant?

It was very frustrating.

The sites more engaging if you treat people as humanbeings and get to know them personally rather than make snap judgements based on profiles.

I don’t think it’s a simple as that. I search when I’m looking and my profile makes it clear what I’m looking for. Unfortunately that doesn’t stop me getting an inbox full of graphic, naked and sexual pictures from people who I don’t want to see. I can’t block them until they’ve contacted me so I have to just keep getting them. I don’t think it makes me entitled to want to be selective over who’s junk I see. It would save a lot of time and discomfort to just be able to tailor my Fab experience to suit me. Or does that make me unpleasant? "

Just block all single men and do your own searching, problem solved...

How can someone pretend to be Fab Black?

He had "BBC" stuff up, and when I asked him he said he was of South Asian heritage. But he was trying to pass himself off as "black" because of the big cock thing "

My my .... I heard everything now....

I was organizing a gang bang once for a friend... I put out a post looking for 2 extra BBC’s .... I got a Indian guy contact me and when I told him sorry ... I’m only looking for BBC , he said “ I am BBC , big BROWN cock “

It was very frustrating.

I don’t think it’s a simple as that. I search when I’m looking and my profile makes it clear what I’m looking for. Unfortunately that doesn’t stop me getting an inbox full of graphic, naked and sexual pictures from people who I don’t want to see. I can’t block them until they’ve contacted me so I have to just keep getting them. I don’t think it makes me entitled to want to be selective over who’s junk I see. It would save a lot of time and discomfort to just be able to tailor my Fab experience to suit me. Or does that make me unpleasant? "

It doesn’t make you entitled.

Some on here want to be treated like a charity and won’t complain if it’s a pity fuck.

Anyone who wants a quality meet with someone they actually want to enjoy will be selective, some more selective than others. Your body, your right.

"There is an incredible amount of racism in the swinging community, I would imagine once play re commences we will find it harder to find meets now hubby has grown his hair and his mixed race heritage is more obvious. We’ve always struggled to meet people in the Norfolk/Suffolk area coincidentally a racial hotspot in the east of England"

Maybe I’m confused..... but if I’m reading your post correctly....

When your hubby’s hair is cut he looks white and it’s easier to meet couples....

But now that his hair is longer and his mixed race heritage is more apparent, you will struggle to meet people......

So of the 300 + verifications you have, you are saying they wouldn’t play with you now that hubby looks mixed race.....

Here and There

It was very frustrating.

I don’t think it’s a simple as that. I search when I’m looking and my profile makes it clear what I’m looking for. Unfortunately that doesn’t stop me getting an inbox full of graphic, naked and sexual pictures from people who I don’t want to see. I can’t block them until they’ve contacted me so I have to just keep getting them. I don’t think it makes me entitled to want to be selective over who’s junk I see. It would save a lot of time and discomfort to just be able to tailor my Fab experience to suit me. Or does that make me unpleasant?

Just block all single men and do your own searching, problem solved... "

I sometimes have to because it does my head in, but it’s not my preference. Who doesn’t like getting an unexpected message from someone lovely occasionally? I’d love to have an open inbox but know that I wasn’t going to find things in there that I didn’t want to see.

By *edaAndTheSwanCouple  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

sdc.com, an American swingers site, sent out a BLM message to all their users globally...

But they have a detailed ethnicity filter for searches - proving that Americans do not understand irony

"There isnt an ethnicity filter on fab. You cannot block an racial group from contacting on here. You can however search for racial groups of interest....

I tend not to agree actually. If somebody knows that they are not interested in a certain type of person, why should they have to waste their time scrolling through unwanted people, pictures and mail?

No racism was meant in anyway by this post, I am personally open to all colours and creeds.

Lyle x "

Because the issue is not about challenging anyone's personal preference, it's about whether the service provider (Fab in this case) should be facilitating selection and exclusion by race. I say no, it shouldn't. Not in 2020 when the world is still struggling to reach a place of equality for all races.

Lyle x

Because the issue is not about challenging anyone's personal preference, it's about whether the service provider (Fab in this case) should be facilitating selection and exclusion by race. I say no, it shouldn't. Not in 2020 when the world is still struggling to reach a place of equality for all races."

How would taking away the ability to search for ethnicity suddenly change the world though?

It won’t stop people having a preference and it won’t stop people from only meeting who they want to meet.

So how does making it harder for people like me who do have a preference make change? Surely if we see going to take the ethnicity filter say we should take the the age, orientation and height filters away too since they are all aspects of ourselves that we can’t change.

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

"I hope not.

What next, remove the age filter & the body type one too?"

They did an experiment on bbc a couple of years ago. When allowed to select a filter using online dating sites, users of all race and ethnicity were found to converge and rate white as the top preference with ethnic minorities. The assumption was that the current generation would be more open minded than their parent's generation but people all over the world are now forming a more narrow preference for everything. You can see this in fashion and music tastes etc.

By *ubzero99Man  over a year ago

County Durham

Totally getting out of hand this racism bollocks.

If you prefer a asian maybe over a black woman why cant you search it FFS people come on, humans are becoming more off there rocker everytime something happens in the media eye.

Get a grip please

Here and There

"Totally getting out of hand this racism bollocks.

If you prefer a asian maybe over a black woman why cant you search it FFS people come on, humans are becoming more off there rocker everytime something happens in the media eye.

Get a grip please "

I agree. I’m not a racist at all, but I’m not going to let every person fuck me that feels like it just so I don’t offend people. Nor do I want to trawl through every single person on Fab to find a person I like just because some people think filters are wrong. It’s ludicrous.

"I hope not.

What next, remove the age filter & the body type one too?They did an experiment on bbc a couple of years ago. When allowed to select a filter using online dating sites, users of all race and ethnicity were found to converge and rate white as the top preference with ethnic minorities the least desired. So what happens is a whitewashing effect. I agree with people's right to preferences, as I, myself have them. But it's just interesting the effects of filters can have. The assumption was that the current generation would be more open minded than their parent's generation but people all over the world are now forming a more narrow preference for everything. You can see this in fashion and music tastes etc. "

EDIT: There was a typo which made it confusing to read and I have added a bit.

I don't think it's discrimination at all by having one.

I'm a straight male. Just because I don't want gay or bi men contacting me does not make me homophobic..

Everyone is and should be entitled to a preference. Their preference isn't malicious.

An ethnicity filter does just as much to fuel racism as no filter does to tackling it.

"What's wrong with preference though.. it's not racist if you're only attracted to one race! That's not something you can control"

Apparently it is. I've had a debate today on a similar post and got called racist because I excluded certain ethnicities in my profile. Made my blood boil so I just stopped replying.

By *969BewitchedWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Most men don't read profiles before messaging. My profile says I am not attracted to bald men or bushy beards but I get countless messages from bald men with bushy beards who start their message saying "I've read your profile thoroughly and think I fit your requirements"

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

It's all preference. Nobody's skin colour is wrong, but to keep going on about it, only highlights divisions. After all, we're here to make love not war.

Nobody’s skin colour is wrong but I prefer men that are not white. Much better in bed :p generally speaking lol

"What's wrong with preference though.. it's not racist if you're only attracted to one race! That's not something you can control

Apparently it is. I've had a debate today on a similar post and got called racist because I excluded certain ethnicities in my profile. Made my blood boil so I just stopped replying. "

This was me I assume, and incase you didn’t realise I never called you a racist. I support your right to chose who you wish to play with.

My issue was simply that you can’t recognise how insiduously painful it is for someone of a BAME background to read “no blacks” and “no asians” and “no coloureds” on someones profile... it is a throwback to the 1960s and the language you use matters.

If all you want to play with is caucasian people thats fine but you can state such by saying “caucasian only please” instead of invoking old historical micro-agressions

To simplify it for those who don’t understand the difference...

I have had two jobs where I have travelled extensively for work.

At one I asked a colleague if he wanted to grab some chinese food after work. He said no I don’t like east asian food lets get some pub food - preference

At another job me and some colleagues planned on an Indian restaurant as it was my last day - one colleague jumped up and said he did not like Indian food, how it smelt, how it looked, how it was untasty, how the people cooking it lack food hygiene, how food served on these shores should be food that is native to the land and how no restaurant in India serves english food (fish and chips is available in every country btw!) and generally went on for 5 minutes about how much he disliked “indian food” - this in my opinion was prejudiced

It's a delicate discussion singlenotts but I'd like to show appreciation for your excellent posts in my view.

"It's a delicate discussion singlenotts but I'd like to show appreciation for your excellent posts in my view. "

Second your comments there, its hard for a white person to experience the small discriminations and prejudices that occur almost daily to anyone of none white origin in a predominantly white society. A white can feel and witness this to some degree when they venture into areas of society that is predominantly none white and I have personally witnessed this both in the uk and abroad. In the UK it was more people looking and noting I was a stranger which whilst uncomfortable didnt feel threatening or malicious. Abroad in many instances it felt deliberate intimidation, from people deliberately stepping into my path to loud derogatory comments made as I passed to have to endure this even to a lesser degree on a daily basis must be highly stressful emotionally which maybe why such anger and emotion has boiled over especially in the USA where blatant racism is profound in areas of society.

"It's a delicate discussion singlenotts but I'd like to show appreciation for your excellent posts in my view. "

Thank you

"It's a delicate discussion singlenotts but I'd like to show appreciation for your excellent posts in my view.

Second your comments there, its hard for a white person to experience the small discriminations and prejudices that occur almost daily to anyone of none white origin in a predominantly white society. A white can feel and witness this to some degree when they venture into areas of society that is predominantly none white and I have personally witnessed this both in the uk and abroad. In the UK it was more people looking and noting I was a stranger which whilst uncomfortable didnt feel threatening or malicious. Abroad in many instances it felt deliberate intimidation, from people deliberately stepping into my path to loud derogatory comments made as I passed to have to endure this even to a lesser degree on a daily basis must be highly stressful emotionally which maybe why such anger and emotion has boiled over especially in the USA where blatant racism is profound in areas of society."

Thank you.

I am actually mixed race (Pakistani muslim father and Italian catholic mother)

And I bet some trolls will show hate for this but my dad would always tell me a passage from the Quran that says

“Wherever you see injustice - do not be afraid to physically stop it. If you are afraid to stop it then at least have the courage to speak against it. If you still fear what is going on then at least in your heart acknowledge that it is wrong”

It does give me hope that during the last few days we have seen people on protests from all backgrounds, be it educational,racial,religious or income.

By *lackMetalMan  over a year ago

Centre

[Removed by poster at 07/06/20 13:23:28]

By *lackMetalMan  over a year ago

Centre

Why oh why would they remove ethnicity filters? That doesn’t make sense.

This is a prime example of people and institutions not taking the time to understand what the racism issues we face and currently being aired out are, because they haven’t even bothered to understand or research the background of why what is going on, is going on.

Nobody wants their ethnicity to be erased or unacknowledged. We want it to to be acknowledged but it is what you do with that acknowledgement, that makes the difference.

I like being black, I am proud to be and I wouldn’t change it for the world. But I refuse to be abused or treated like suit because of it!

There is nothing wrong with the filters, unless it is derogatory. If it not, it’s fine!

Last but not the least, to help us on the way to awareness and researching why we are where we are, let’s stop with the weaponising of word like race.

I am not a different race to any of you. There is only one. We are different colors.

Secondly, I don’t share ethnicity with someone from Libya with my colour, but we may share the same colour.

So maybe we need to discuss what ethnicity really means..

I wouldnt make the mistake of assuming that a white Briton has the same ethnicity as a Pole, so I wouldn’t expect anyone to make the same mistake with a person of darker hue.

Let’s really start to educate ourselves about these things...

By *assagesXxXMan  over a year ago

ickenham

Well said.

ickenham

Exactly. Another PC idiot who does more harm then good.

ickenham

Maybe you just not their type ! It happens

ickenham

Well said

By *jloveshCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Agree absolutely. Everyone is entitled to their kink or preferences but surely having a search function will only reinforce biases. Not all biases are negative. Some of the loveliest couples we have met at clubs wouldn't have met our 'criteria' but we ended up having a lovely time.

Plus it is really helpful when people put 'no blacks, or asians' on their profile as we know who to block.

By *he Original SpartanMan  over a year ago

Daventry

Really long thread!!!

What’s wrong in having a preference to a certain race? I have a preference for large boobs, blonde hair! Doesn’t mean I’m against those less proportionate or variable hair color!

The issue I feel we have is a lack of tolerance for each other’s views and preferences. If you want to search for a particular race, body type, age, religion, then your just filtering it down to those your be attracted to. I’m white, but don’t get upset when I see BBC wanted! It’s fair enough, move on looking for me.

Live and let live, it’s easier to be nice. But somehow we just forgot how to be! now we’re finger pointers, belittling others, bullies, critical of others actions. Are we beyond reproach?

Sanderstead

"What's wrong with preference though.. it's not racist if you're only attracted to one race! That's not something you can control

Apparently it is. I've had a debate today on a similar post and got called racist because I excluded certain ethnicities in my profile. Made my blood boil so I just stopped replying.

This was me I assume, and incase you didn’t realise I never called you a racist. I support your right to chose who you wish to play with.

My issue was simply that you can’t recognise how insiduously painful it is for someone of a BAME background to read “no blacks” and “no asians” and “no coloureds” on someones profile... it is a throwback to the 1960s and the language you use matters.

If all you want to play with is caucasian people thats fine but you can state such by saying “caucasian only please” instead of invoking old historical micro-agressions.....The best comment iv read so far....bless

"

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

"There has been a recent trend by dating, hook-up apps and websites to remove ethnicity filters from their websites as many people believe that such a filter fuels discrimination and does little to tackle racism.

I started a thread about filters ages ago, saying why cant you search for specific types of everything, from size, height, race, shaved/natural. As there are lots of profiles that pop up on searches, but then you notice upon reading profiles they are not for you.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

They may just as well remove all the other filters then if we are to have our choices removed for the sake of a few people being offended by these filters.

ickenham

Lol, why ? We all have a preference. It’s just our “taste” ! It’s not racist !!!

ickenham

Well said. It’s simply NOT racist to have a sexual like of one race over another. I’m Indian and prefer White women, am I racist ?!?

ickenham

Exactly

By *aughtydanteMan  over a year ago

Midlands Based But Travel

Having preferences does not yoh a racist.. i am a mixed race man with a white & black parents and extended family. Not racist in anyway.

But my i should be able to search what type of person i would like to meet up with and spend the night with.

For example @subprincess ticks every box in my perfect woman.

"Having preferences does not yoh a racist.. i am a mixed race man with a white & black parents and extended family. Not racist in anyway.

But my i should be able to search what type of person i would like to meet up with and spend the night with.

For example @subprincess ticks every box in my perfect woman.

"

Ah thank you!

And I absolutely agree with what you said!

Just state what you want and don't want in your profile. Simple.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Just state what you want and don't want in your profile. Simple."

News flash, no one reads them.

Here and There

My profile is crystal clear. My preference is black men. That doesn’t stop my inbox being flooded with white dick pics and copy and paste messages saying they’ve ‘read my profile and think we’d be a great match’. It’s clear you might as well leave your profile blank, they’re rarely read.

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

We are mature and experienced, we have had periods of Asians, Arabs, whites and now we want to try blacks, just because you do or you don't choose a certain race does not make you a racist.

Please make it more easy to choose the colour, race and gender you wish to meet.

I am a South Asian person. I do not want the ethnicity filter removed.

Thank you.

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

"

Pretty sure there used to be a couple of years ago. Happily removed.

Pretty sure there used to be a couple of years ago. Happily removed. "

If only it could be reinstated.

You can block ages, so I don’t see why not.

Halifax

You can block ages, so I don’t see why not."

They'd probably get taken to court/sued. But if you feel that way then just discriminate by skin colour, ethnicity, religion, age, or size, or whatever else you are prejudiced against /find distasteful on your profile.

Lots of people here would doubtless appreciate that, and fab would, let's face it, do fuck all.

So go ahead,be a bigot. And proud.

They'd probably get taken to court/sued. But if you feel that way then just discriminate by skin colour, ethnicity, religion, age, or size, or whatever else you are prejudiced against /find distasteful on your profile.

Lots of people here would doubtless appreciate that, and fab would, let's face it, do fuck all.

So go ahead,be a bigot. And proud. "

Why would they be sued or taken to court? You cannot police who people sleep with LOL.

Are individuals not allowed personal preferences?

It’s not bigoted to have a sexual preference.

So go ahead,be a bigot. And proud. "

I see you’re happy to discriminate by age on your profile too.

Does that make you bigoted also? Or just those of us with a racial preference?

Halifax

Why would they be sued or taken to court? You cannot police who people sleep with LOL.

It’s not bigoted to have a sexual preference. "

Because the site would in effect allowing people to be discriminated against by the colour of their skin. It would cause a right fucking stink, which is probably why they removed the feature,dont you think?

I don't understand how anyone can say they don't want sex with someone because their skin colour doesn't turn them on isn't prejudiced.

Which from one point of view we all, of course, are, as you've correctly pointed out with me. Doing so because of skin coloit makes no sense on a rational level to me. Why? At best it's very osed minded, at worst a racist attitude, and to be honest why even damn well feel the need to mention what you like or don't like about another himaan being based on their appearance either here or on your profile?

Also.discriminating by ethnicty historically has only served to partition society, stoke cultures of difference aandd distrust and economic, social, educational, judicial, health, housing and many more disadvantages to peoe who are non white.

Can't be arsed to explain racism and how it's hard wired into this country so you'll have to do your own research.

Turning on the telly would be a good start right now.

Because the site would in effect allowing people to be discriminated against by the colour of their skin. It would cause a right fucking stink, which is probably why they removed the feature,dont you think?

I don't understand how anyone can say they don't want sex with someone because their skin colour doesn't turn them on isn't prejudiced.

Which from one point of view we all, of course, are, as you've correctly pointed out with me. Doing so because of skin coloit makes no sense on a rational level to me. Why? At best it's very osed minded, at worst a racist attitude, and to be honest why even damn well feel the need to mention what you like or don't like about another himaan being based on their appearance either here or on your profile?

Also.discriminating by ethnicty historically has only served to partition society, stoke cultures of difference aandd distrust and economic, social, educational, judicial, health, housing and many more disadvantages to peoe who are non white.

Can't be arsed to explain racism and how it's hard wired into this country so you'll have to do your own research.

Turning on the telly would be a good start right now. "

Don’t waste your time explaining.

It’s not racist to have a sexual preference, it literally cannot be compared, no doubt some racists use the preference line, but not everyone who has such a preference is a racist. Equally as it’s not homophobic to not want to meet gay men for example.

The site would not be sued for having an ethnicity filter, it just wouldn’t happen, as I said you can’t police who people have sex with, how would that go down in court? “I’m suing this website judge because BigCock69 has a filter that blocks non Asian women from messaging, the site shouldn’t allow that” :D

If they can be sued for an ethnicity filter they can be sued for an age filter and that hasn’t happened yet, nor will it.

You don’t need to understand or question why people have their preferences as they have every right to have them.

As it’s my profile I can mention what I like, I’m a black woman who prefers white men and I’m free to say so on my profile. Those who don’t like it can block or move on, it’s really that simple.

I’m free to have my racial preference as you are free to have your age preference. Everything you question can be flipped to refer to age also, and you use that filter.

Here and There

Turning on the telly would be a good start right now. "

As a person with a pretty narrow focus on what/who I find attractive and want to play with, I find it really strange that you think that’s not ok. Are you attracted to everyone then? You don’t have any preference at all? Men and woman equally etc? Do you sleep with everyone who wants to sleep with you so as not to discriminate?

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

So a simple “people of your race cannot contact this person” is what we expect to see?

"They may just as well remove all the other filters then if we are to have our choices removed for the sake of a few people being offended by these filters. "

I don't think so that people were offended by ethnicity filters, the site is trying to be politically correct.

I’m not Racist... my best friend is white!

See what I’ve one there peeps? The old get of jail card, turned on it’s head!

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"They may just as well remove all the other filters then if we are to have our choices removed for the sake of a few people being offended by these filters.

I don't think so that people were offended by ethnicity filters, the site is trying to be politically correct.

"

I for one have never liked politics, correct or otherwise

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I’m not sure how I feel. On one hand I feel it would be better to receive a ‘you are out of this users preference range’ not knowing if it was age/location/ethnicity or whatever rather than an awkward ‘you’re not my type...why?’ Exchange.

I remember once getting an absolute page full of abuse calling me racist after declining a man.... the fact wasn’t his ethnicity (though he assumed it was) it was because I was in Leeds and he was in Bristol!

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"They may just as well remove all the other filters then if we are to have our choices removed for the sake of a few people being offended by these filters.

"

It's also "politically correct" that a man who identifies as female is female. But there's not many straight men who want to suck her dick.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

"I’m not sure how I feel. On one hand I feel it would be better to receive a ‘you are out of this users preference range’ not knowing if it was age/location/ethnicity or whatever rather than an awkward ‘you’re not my type...why?’ Exchange.

I remember once getting an absolute page full of abuse calling me racist after declining a man.... the fact wasn’t his ethnicity (though he assumed it was) it was because I was in Leeds and he was in Bristol!"

Simple solution is to not explain.. No one has to justify anything to a complete stranger on here.

Just say "not interested thanks" or just plain block. If you know from the initial contact you don't want to to meet, just end it there and then.

Some might see it as impolite but so what? The whole point of this site is to shag and we are all going to get plenty of no's. If people cant handle that, they shouldn't be on here.

» Add a new message to this topic