FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > 'Looked at you' and re-send.

'Looked at you' and re-send.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *actileGent69 OP   Man  over a year ago

East Cheshire

Can we add 'they looked at you' to the top of folks profiles when we view them please ?. We currently have 'you messaged them' etc but one annoying trend I see is people looking at your profile when you message but then utterly ignoring the message. Hence my sent message box is full of unread mail, many to folk who have looked and utterly ignored me. Remove the facility to hide the fact they'd looked too. It's bad enough for single guys here but the timewasters and bad mannered make it much worse. Yes some are simply swamped in mail so miss mine, so please add a 'resend' option too.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nglishdoodMan  over a year ago

Morristown

People tend to look at your profile before opening the message. If they don't like what they see they move on.

Remember, on here, no reply is 'no thanks'

Do your sanity a favour and delete your sent messages...then you won't have to obsess about whether they're read or not and just focus on any replies you receive.

East Cheshire

"People tend to look at your profile before opening the message. If they don't like what they see they move on.

Do your sanity a favour and delete your sent messages...then you won't have to obsess about whether they're read or not and just focus on any replies you receive. "

No reply can also simply be 'my inbox is overwhelmed with hundreds of messages'. They have not necessarily looked and moved on !, delete them too ?. I'm talking of unread messages to those who look but ignore without opening your message. To delete all my sent mail is a rediculous suggestion. I am not obsessing, I'm looking to make it easier for single guys.. think again.

By *ustme1820Woman  over a year ago

Southcoast Gosport

"People tend to look at your profile before opening the message. If they don't like what they see they move on.

Do your sanity a favour and delete your sent messages...then you won't have to obsess about whether they're read or not and just focus on any replies you receive.

No reply can also simply be 'my inbox is overwhelmed with hundreds of messages'. They have not necessarily looked and moved on !, delete them too ?. I'm talking of unread messages to those who look but ignore without opening your message. To delete all my sent mail is a rediculous suggestion. I am not obsessing, I'm looking to make it easier for single guys.. think again."

the vast majority of single females and couples view in stealth mode so you’ll never know if they’ve looked at your profile op. They could also read the message when your off line and then set it to unread. Deleting your sent messages is a very good idea saves any angst. I’d like to see it removed completely

East Cheshire

"Deleting your sent messages is a very good idea saves any angst. I’d like to see it removed completely "

Surely not delete all my sent messages ??, may as well leave site x

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"Deleting your sent messages is a very good idea saves any angst. I’d like to see it removed completely

Surely not delete all my sent messages ??, may as well leave site x"

Really?

If people view you, but decide not to answer in any way, it's a simple fact of it being their choice!

Look at it as you suggest. When they fail to respond to your first approach, you advocate sending the message again?

As said above, a non-reply on here means "Not interested", but your 'resend' msg would be annoying!

Accept No Reply as standard, delete your sent message and move on.

By *ikingpairCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Deleting your sent messages is a very good idea saves any angst. I’d like to see it removed completely

Surely not delete all my sent messages ??, may as well leave site x"

You do realise deleting your sent message only deletes it your end, the person you have sent it to still has it. So what is being suggested is that by deleting them from your sent mail you won't have that visual of seeing that people haven't read your message.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Too many people take looking at their profile to mean interest and hassle you if you look.

Definitely do not remove stealth mode, please.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No reply can also simply be 'my inbox is overwhelmed with hundreds of messages'. They have not necessarily looked and moved on !, delete them too ?. I'm talking of unread messages to those who look but ignore without opening your message. To delete all my sent mail is a rediculous suggestion. I am not obsessing, I'm looking to make it easier for single guys.. think again."

Maybe, having looked at your profile, they have made a concious effort not to reply. A kick in the nuts for your ego, I know, but the most likely explanation.

By *anhung22Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

Took words out my mouth ??

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I don't think it is as complicated as that.

If they don't reply, they are not interested.

They have either read your message, or looked at your profile, or both, whichever way, no reply means they are not interested.

No need need to be concerned that their inbox is swamped, and they missed your message, or or that they are saving it to reply another time.

It's a better idea to put it behind you and concentrate on other people who might be interested, and don't give too much time or thought to those who have shown you by the lack of response that they are not wanting to take things any further.

No reply = No thank you

If someone is genuinely interested, they'll reply, regardless of how many messages a day they get

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

As said, people look at profiles before deciding to open mail and respond, open and delete or just simply delete unopened (of course some will read then mark unread and delete).

Personally I'm not sure why you have the list of so called previous comments? It just looks like you have written what you would like to hear as theres nothing to back them up. For someone who's been here before your pics are shocking and profile is

East Cheshire

"You do realise deleting your sent message only deletes it your end, the person you have sent it to still has it. So what is being suggested is that by deleting them from your sent mail you won't have that visual of seeing that people haven't read your message."

Exactly...

East Cheshire

"Too many people take looking at their profile to mean interest and hassle you if you look.

Definitely do not remove stealth mode, please."

There is that side effect too. No remedy will suit all. I'm asking in the main that the 'Looked at you' list is reflected atop their profile page so if I message, they look but don't read my message, I can safely delete or block and move on...

East Cheshire

"As said, people look at profiles before deciding to open mail and respond, open and delete or just simply delete unopened (of course some will read then mark unread and delete).

Personally I'm not sure why you have the list of so called previous comments? It just looks like you have written what you would like to hear as theres nothing to back them up. For someone who's been here before your pics are shocking and profile is "

Thanks for the positivity. The list is simply an indication of past encounters as I have so few verifications on this new profile. There is something real to back them up if anyone was truly interested in me and the statements. Most of my photos are from my previous couples profile. As I am usually the one holding the camera and many include my partner, there were not a huge number to chose from for this single profile. Maybe you could help me take new ones, now that would be positive and helpful. I have many positive reactions to my profile, sorry it is not up your street, maybe you could rewrite for me then I can see what your issue is

East Cheshire

"No reply = No thank you

If someone is genuinely interested, they'll reply, regardless of how many messages a day they get"

Err no !. Girls I have met all complain of the huge number of messages they get every day (up to 500 or so) and that they have no where near enough time to read them all. So yes messages from little 'ol me are often lost in the deluge, hence it is a good idea to resend now and then and it has sometimes produced results.

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

"No reply = No thank you

If someone is genuinely interested, they'll reply, regardless of how many messages a day they get

Err no !. Girls I have met all complain of the huge number of messages they get every day (up to 500 or so) and that they have no where near enough time to read them all. So yes messages from little 'ol me are often lost in the deluge, hence it is a good idea to resend now and then and it has sometimes produced results."

Surely though by you messaging again you are simply adding to that 'deluge' of messages they have no time to read?

Cambridge

"No reply = No thank you

Err no !. Girls I have met all complain of the huge number of messages they get every day (up to 500 or so) and that they have no where near enough time to read them all. So yes messages from little 'ol me are often lost in the deluge, hence it is a good idea to resend now and then and it has sometimes produced results.

Surely though by you messaging again you are simply adding to that 'deluge' of messages they have no time to read? "

Not only that, if you message again without ever having received a reply you will know that there is an automated message along the lines STOP and THINK before sending another message. People will know that you ignored that message. That will tell them here is a pushy guy, won't take no for an answer. Pushiness is perhaps the least attractive quality in swinging. We block people who take your approach for exactly that reason. I hope you can take this as constructive feedback.

I can't stand it when guys re-message when they can clearly see the first hasn't been read but that's just me!

Your profile isnt a couples profile so maybe use some of the wonderful features that smart phones have on their cameras these days and take some updated pics. Just a thought.

Hull

OP.

A comment spotted today on one Female's Profile states..."over 250 messages received already, but I don't have the time to answer them all".

Or as seen on other female profiles, "If you don't receive a reply, it means I'm not interested" or words to that effect!

OP, the real message is there if you care to take the time to read profiles properly and react accordingly.

Why ask for a facility to resend your approach message again? Just HOW MANY times would you want that to happen - twice, five, 20 times?

Your attitude smacks of being Pushy, but you don't realise it. But that trait isn't endearing with a lot of people.

Considering most responses so far on here have been against what you have asked for, surely you could accept our comments as constructive criticism and move on from there?

But no, you don't! Take it all on the chin and accept it for a change.

East Cheshire

"Surely though by you messaging again you are simply adding to that 'deluge' of messages they have no time to read?

Not only that, if you message again without ever having received a reply you will know that there is an automated message along the lines STOP and THINK before sending another message. People will know that you ignored that message. That will tell them here is a pushy guy, won't take no for an answer. Pushiness is perhaps the least attractive quality in swinging. We block people who take your approach for exactly that reason. I hope you can take this as constructive feedback."

How rediculous, I am simply re-sending as my message has probably been lost in the mass. As I have stated this has sometimes yielded results, nothing at all to do with being pushy !

Cambridge

So you do ignore the stop and think message? You think you know better than those who run the site? I would stop digging, OP ...

East Cheshire

"OP.

A comment spotted today on one Female's Profile states..."over 250 messages received already, but I don't have the time to answer them all".

Or as seen on other female profiles, "If you don't receive a reply, it means I'm not interested" or words to that effect!

OP, the real message is there if you care to take the time to read profiles properly and react accordingly.

Why ask for a facility to resend your approach message again? Just HOW MANY times would you want that to happen - twice, five, 20 times?

Your attitude smacks of being Pushy, but you don't realise it. But that trait isn't endearing with a lot of people.

Considering most responses so far on here have been against what you have asked for, surely you could accept our comments as constructive criticism and move on from there?

"

Lol another rediculous claim and assumption that I am being pushy, couldn't be further from the truth. I'm simply improving my chances of being spotted in an already very low chance situation (single male amongst thousands of others). You also assume that I don't read profiles properly, an assumption based on no evidence whatsoever. Yes a few messages like yours, misreading and assuming. The criticism is not constructive or helpful, in general along the lines of 'give up'. I have and am having many conversations with singles and couples, and not one has ever called me pushy.

East Cheshire

"So you do ignore the stop and think message? You think you know better than those who run the site? I would stop digging, OP ..."

Thanks for your unhelpful and critical reply.

Cambridge

"So you do ignore the stop and think message? You think you know better than those who run the site? I would stop digging, OP ...

Thanks for your unhelpful and critical reply."

You're welcome. Btw, ridiculous is spelt with an 'i', not an 'e'. Hope you find that more helpful

East Cheshire

"You're welcome. Btw, ridiculous is spelt with an 'i', not an 'e'. Hope you find that more helpful "

"Surely though by you messaging again you are simply adding to that 'deluge' of messages they have no time to read?

Not only that, if you message again without ever having received a reply you will know that there is an automated message along the lines STOP and THINK before sending another message. People will know that you ignored that message. That will tell them here is a pushy guy, won't take no for an answer. Pushiness is perhaps the least attractive quality in swinging. We block people who take your approach for exactly that reason. I hope you can take this as constructive feedback.

How rediculous, I am simply re-sending as my message has probably been lost in the mass. As I have stated this has sometimes yielded results, nothing at all to do with being pushy !"

If it would stand out of the mass it would have been noticed. If it wasnt you should have no right to bother that person again. Nothing more annoying to me than receiving multiple messages from the same person after I chose not to reply. Usually 3rd one gets them blocked. My block list is long.

Manchester (she/her)

"You're welcome. Btw, ridiculous is spelt with an 'i', not an 'e'. Hope you find that more helpful

Thanks for your unhelpful and critical reply."

I think the unfortunate consequence of this post and your interaction with it is the way you look. To be blunt, it looks like you want a way to force replies, to force people to show themselves more, and to get more attention. To get what you want at the expense of others.

And while I understand that Fab is frustrating for men, it has different frustrations for women which you can't just wish away by getting what you want.

You do realise deleting your sent message only deletes it your end, the person you have sent it to still has it. So what is being suggested is that by deleting them from your sent mail you won't have that visual of seeing that people haven't read your message."

Thus is great advice

Send me a follow up style message when i haven't replied, and I'll send you the link to the faqs section regarding no reply means no interest, then I'll block you.

It annoys me when guys clog up my inbox because they think I've missed their message

"No reply = No thank you

Err no !. Girls I have met all complain of the huge number of messages they get every day (up to 500 or so) and that they have no where near enough time to read them all. So yes messages from little 'ol me are often lost in the deluge, hence it is a good idea to resend now and then and it has sometimes produced results."

So if every guy had the same attitude as you, said girl would receive up to an extra 1000 messages the next day. Lol

Trust me, I scan over my messages (even if I have 1000+) and reply to those I'm interested in. I take the time to look at the profiles of those local to me and with face pics. It's in my interest to do so.

Most women I know would see repeat messages as pushy. I for one wouldn't ever entertain a pushy guy.

If it's "sometimes produced results", you crack on. You clearly know best

East Cheshire

You do realise deleting your sent message only deletes it your end, the person you have sent it to still has it. So what is being suggested is that by deleting them from your sent mail you won't have that visual of seeing that people haven't read your message.

Thus is great advice "

It is a thought but I often attach required photos that I don't want left floating around in the ether. I have deleted some sent yet unread mail and removed the photos THEN they have looked and replied lol

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"There are too many rude people on here who don't reply to my messages!

It's not rude not to reply.

Some ladies and couples get hundreds of messages a day so it simply isn't possible for them to reply to everyone. If you don't get a response, you should assume they aren't interested. If you're getting a lot of "no-replies" then you should consider your profile and the messages you send. Are they giving the right message? Are you standing out from the thousands of other guys on here? "

Direct copy and paste from https://www.fabswingers.com/articles/FAQ#noreply

I concur. Delete your sent folder concentrate on positive responses (for clarity, deleting your sent folder only deletes it your end, there is no way to delete a message once sent)

East Cheshire

"You're welcome. Btw, ridiculous is spelt with an 'i', not an 'e'. Hope you find that more helpful

I think the unfortunate consequence of this post and your interaction with it is the way you look. To be blunt, it looks like you want a way to force replies, to force people to show themselves more, and to get more attention. To get what you want at the expense of others.

And while I understand that Fab is frustrating for men, it has different frustrations for women which you can't just wish away by getting what you want."

Yes I certainly understand it has frustrations for women too as I have spoken to many and even sat with some as they have shown me their messages and issues. I've never implied I wish to force replies and even note at the top of my profile that I'd rather my message was deleted or I was blocked then I can delete too, block them and move on with an easier time ahead. Just adding the 'looked at you' to the top of folks profiles would help a little x

East Cheshire

"If it's "sometimes produced results", you crack on. You clearly know best

It just has again a few minutes ago, we are now arranging a meet when safe to do so . They too admit my messages sometimes get lost in the masses and we are friends !. Hence someone's request in another thread to push friend messages to the top of our inboxes.

"

East Cheshire

"Send me a follow up style message when i haven't replied, and I'll send you the link to the faqs section regarding no reply means no interest, then I'll block you.

It annoys me when guys clog up my inbox because they think I've missed their message"

Just delete their message then they know, communication is good however little..

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

"Send me a follow up style message when i haven't replied, and I'll send you the link to the faqs section regarding no reply means no interest, then I'll block you.

It annoys me when guys clog up my inbox because they think I've missed their message

Just delete their message then they know, communication is good however little.."

Why should they. You can't expect people to run their profiles as you wish. All the suggestions given have made sense to most but you have chosen to ignore them

East Cheshire

"Why should they. You can't expect people to run their profiles as you wish. All the suggestions given have made sense to most but you have chosen to ignore them "

I have to do what works by experience when my odds are already low being a single guy here (after 7 years under a couples profile and the results of that). It DOES work on occasion.. All I'm asking is for is the 'Looked at you' adding atop folks profiles where the 'you messaged~' line is.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

So do you want the resend option only for yourself?

Because if it is available to all members then those women who you say have "upto 500" messages unread could then have 1000 unread sitting there. How will that help you stand out in the crowd?

Manchester (she/her)

"Why should they. You can't expect people to run their profiles as you wish. All the suggestions given have made sense to most but you have chosen to ignore them

I have to do what works by experience when my odds are already low being a single guy here (after 7 years under a couples profile and the results of that). It DOES work on occasion.. All I'm asking is for is the 'Looked at you' adding atop folks profiles where the 'you messaged~' line is."

Before I discovered stealth mode, if I looked at male profiles I'd be hassled.

If I didn't have the option I wouldn't look at male profiles.

East Cheshire

"Before I discovered stealth mode, if I looked at male profiles I'd be hassled.

If I didn't have the option I wouldn't look at male profiles."

...Understandable. We certainly know what some folk are like on here !

There are MANY good reasons why people choose to remain hidden via "Looked at me". It's their personal choice. Much like how they choose to run their own profiles.

From your replies to people's suggestions, you don't need any advice OP. You've got this

East Cheshire

"There are MANY good reasons why people choose to remain hidden via "Looked at me". It's their personal choice. Much like how they choose to run their own profiles.

From your replies to people's suggestions, you don't need any advice OP. You've got this "

Yes I know that, no issue there. I'm not asking for advice either, just a simple change to FAB. The reason this forum is here

Manchester (she/her)

"There are MANY good reasons why people choose to remain hidden via "Looked at me". It's their personal choice. Much like how they choose to run their own profiles.

From your replies to people's suggestions, you don't need any advice OP. You've got this

Yes I know that, no issue there. I'm not asking for advice either, just a simple change to FAB. The reason this forum is here "

Yes - and we're saying why it wouldn't work and would be undesirable.

East Cheshire

From your replies to people's suggestions, you don't need any advice OP. You've got this "

Stunning photos by the way...

East Cheshire

"Yes - and we're saying why it wouldn't work and would be undesirable."

A simple addition to the info displayed at the top of folks profiles to save flipping between them and the 'who has looked at me' list ?. No basic function is being changed, just where it is displayed x

By *uHorny1Man  over a year ago

Cannock

OP-You say that you are in conversation with many women and couples, so why are you bothered about those who don't reply?

You also frequently moan about the negativity towards your post. If you can't cope with the fact that others might disagree with you then it's simple- don't post.

If someone doesn't reply to my message I assume that I'm not for them and that's an end to it. If they are kind enough to reply telling me this, I always reply with a "Thanks for letting me know- have fun!" kind of message, just so they know I haven't been a child about it. On one occasion it led to a repeat viewing, a subsequent meet and a firm fwb relationship developed.

Just let it lie...

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes - and we're saying why it wouldn't work and would be undesirable.

A simple addition to the info displayed at the top of folks profiles to save flipping between them and the 'who has looked at me' list ?. No basic function is being changed, just where it is displayed x"

I hide my views for a reason.

East Cheshire

"I hide my views for a reason."

And there would be no reason why that option wouldn't remain, simply showing the listed info elsewhere x

Yes I know that, no issue there. I'm not asking for advice either, just a simple change to FAB. The reason this forum is here "

People are just politely giving their feedback and experiences. And some fair points have been made. Up to you if you choose to take them on board or not.

I'm not sure that your request for a new feature is a popular one. Mind you, if you don't ask...

Thank you for the compliment by the way

Happy Fabbing

East Cheshire

"People are just politely giving their feedback and experiences. And some fair points have been made. Up to you if you choose to take them on board or not.

I'm not sure that your request for a new feature is a popular one. Mind you, if you don't ask...

Thank you for the compliment by the way

Happy Fabbing "

Fair points on both sides m'lady. There is no harm in simply displaying current information where others are already displayed, there is some logic to that... Yes I had to ask , wish I hadn't bothered though ... And you're welcome m'lady, some things have to be said x

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Can we add 'they looked at you' to the top of folks profiles when we view them please ?. We currently have 'you messaged them' etc but one annoying trend I see is people looking at your profile when you message but then utterly ignoring the message. Hence my sent message box is full of unread mail, many to folk who have looked and utterly ignored me. Remove the facility to hide the fact they'd looked too. It's bad enough for single guys here but the timewasters and bad mannered make it much worse. Yes some are simply swamped in mail so miss mine, so please add a 'resend' option too."

"but one annoying trend I see is people looking at your profile when you message but then utterly ignoring the message."

If they aren't interested in what they see on your profile, why should they have to message you back? This breaks their filters.

"Hence my sent message box is full of unread mail, many to folk who have looked and utterly ignored me."

Delete your sent messages, this will remove that particular problem and you won't be able to dwell on it.

"Remove the facility to hide the fact they'd looked too."

No thanks, that would increase the volume of unwanted mail with crap "I see you looked at my profile" messages.

"It's bad enough for single guys here but the timewasters and bad mannered make it much worse."

And the timewasters, bad mannered, entitled, rude men make it worse for themselves, not everyone else.

"Yes some are simply swamped in mail so miss mine, so please add a 'resend' option too."

Why assume they "missed" it? And no to a resend button, most of us get enough unwanted mail without being spammed thanks.

And finally, please check the faq section, it states that no response is no interest. Now I would suggest you go onto your regular email spam folder, and through all the flyers that come through your letterbox and individually reply to each and ever one of them with a polite "no thanks". Maybe then you can see the impractibility of your suggestions.

You're welcome.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"No reply = No thank you

They need to tighten their filters then.

East Cheshire

"Can we add 'they looked at you' to the top of folks profiles when we view them please ?. We currently have 'you messaged them' etc but one annoying trend I see is people looking at your profile when you message but then utterly ignoring the message. Hence my sent message box is full of unread mail, many to folk who have looked and utterly ignored me. Remove the facility to hide the fact they'd looked too. It's bad enough for single guys here but the timewasters and bad mannered make it much worse. Yes some are simply swamped in mail so miss mine, so please add a 'resend' option too.

"but one annoying trend I see is people looking at your profile when you message but then utterly ignoring the message."

If they aren't interested in what they see on your profile, why should they have to message you back? This breaks their filters.

"Hence my sent message box is full of unread mail, many to folk who have looked and utterly ignored me."

Delete your sent messages, this will remove that particular problem and you won't be able to dwell on it.

No thanks, that would increase the volume of unwanted mail with crap "I see you looked at my profile" messages.

"It's bad enough for single guys here but the timewasters and bad mannered make it much worse."

And the timewasters, bad mannered, entitled, rude men make it worse for themselves, not everyone else.

"Yes some are simply swamped in mail so miss mine, so please add a 'resend' option too."

Why assume they "missed" it? And no to a resend button, most of us get enough unwanted mail without being spammed thanks.

And finally, please check the faq section, it states that no response is no interest. Now I would suggest you go onto your regular email spam folder, and through all the flyers that come through your letterbox and individually reply to each and ever one of them with a polite "no thanks". Maybe then you can see the impractibility of your suggestions.

You're welcome.

"

Lol you need to re-read all the posts above . Many of your points have been answered or are incorrect or irrelevant. 'Rude men' ?, there are many rude folk here of all genders.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Can we add 'they looked at you' to the top of folks profiles when we view them please ?. We currently have 'you messaged them' etc but one annoying trend I see is people looking at your profile when you message but then utterly ignoring the message. Hence my sent message box is full of unread mail, many to folk who have looked and utterly ignored me. Remove the facility to hide the fact they'd looked too. It's bad enough for single guys here but the timewasters and bad mannered make it much worse. Yes some are simply swamped in mail so miss mine, so please add a 'resend' option too.

You're welcome.

Lol you need to re-read all the posts above . Many of your points have been answered or are incorrect or irrelevant. 'Rude men' ?, there are many rude folk here of all genders."

Thanks for your concern, however, I did read all the posts above before posting. Have you read and taken on board those posts? I doubt it after reading your response to mine. How are you doing with your spam email and flyers? Care to let us know how many you have responded to? I think my points are correct to me, even if they differ from yours and certainly not irrelevant. You have just insulted everyone who has said the same as me. Congratulations. Good luck, you'll need it.

East Cheshire

"Thanks for your concern, however, I did read all the posts above before posting. Have you read and taken on board those posts? I doubt it after reading your response to mine. How are you doing with your spam email and flyers? Care to let us know how many you have responded to? I think my points are correct to me, even if they differ from yours and certainly not irrelevant. You have just insulted everyone who has said the same as me. Congratulations. Good luck, you'll need it. "

Rediculous and unhelpful.

The only one being RIDICULOUS is you op. No one misses mail they are interested in. No one wants to be pestered by someone they haven't replied to and it does get a bit boring having to constantly add people like to the good old block list.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Thanks for your concern, however, I did read all the posts above before posting. Have you read and taken on board those posts? I doubt it after reading your response to mine. How are you doing with your spam email and flyers? Care to let us know how many you have responded to? I think my points are correct to me, even if they differ from yours and certainly not irrelevant. You have just insulted everyone who has said the same as me. Congratulations. Good luck, you'll need it.

Rediculous and unhelpful."

Because I don't agree with you? By the way, it's ridiculous, with an I, just so you know next time.

Hull

"OP.

Lol another rediculous claim and assumption that I am being pushy, couldn't be further from the truth. I'm simply improving my chances of being spotted in an already very low chance situation (single male amongst thousands of others). You also assume that I don't read profiles properly, an assumption based on no evidence whatsoever. Yes a few messages like yours, misreading and assuming. The criticism is not constructive or helpful, in general along the lines of 'give up'. I have and am having many conversations with singles and couples, and not one has ever called me pushy."

So, you've decided to classify me amongst the misreading and assuming responses so far. You are as guilty for assuming that of me!

You dispute that you no-one has called you 'pushy'. Ironically, your attitude and image so far on here is exactly that!

You've effectively denounced the majority of responses so far in that everyone else is wrong and you are right, plus only your view is correct. Even one of the Moderators responded in the same tone, but did you heed that?

No, you seem to think the site revolves around you, but won't accept the majority view that your plan won't work, let alone the solutions that have been offered.

Taking a different perspective, from your profile, you have been on here for 10 months, during which you've had 3 Verifications.

Add in, your profile includes the positive comments you received and quote, when you were on here before as part of a Couple.

Clearly, you had success then within a Couple status.

Plus to gain 3 Veri's in only 10 months as a Single Male, you have achieved far more than other guys would seek in their first year!

Thus, by enjoying such obvious success as both a Single Male and when part of a Couple, this site has worked for you in both scenarios.

So, why do you want it to change for you now?

It almost sounds hypocritical!

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"The only one being RIDICULOUS is you op. No one misses mail they are interested in. No one wants to be pestered by someone they haven't replied to and it does get a bit boring having to constantly add people like to the good old block list. "

Mine has just grown today to 3.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"OP.

Lol another rediculous claim and assumption that I am being pushy, couldn't be further from the truth. I'm simply improving my chances of being spotted in an already very low chance situation (single male amongst thousands of others). You also assume that I don't read profiles properly, an assumption based on no evidence whatsoever. Yes a few messages like yours, misreading and assuming. The criticism is not constructive or helpful, in general along the lines of 'give up'. I have and am having many conversations with singles and couples, and not one has ever called me pushy.

So, you've decided to classify me amongst the misreading and assuming responses so far. You are as guilty for assuming that of me!

You dispute that you no-one has called you 'pushy'. Ironically, your attitude and image so far on here is exactly that!

You've effectively denounced the majority of responses so far in that everyone else is wrong and you are right, plus only your view is correct. Even one of the Moderators responded in the same tone, but did you heed that?

No, you seem to think the site revolves around you, but won't accept the majority view that your plan won't work, let alone the solutions that have been offered.

Taking a different perspective, from your profile, you have been on here for 10 months, during which you've had 3 Verifications.

Add in, your profile includes the positive comments you received and quote, when you were on here before as part of a Couple.

Clearly, you had success then within a Couple status.

Plus to gain 3 Veri's in only 10 months as a Single Male, you have achieved far more than other guys would seek in their first year!

Thus, by enjoying such obvious success as both a Single Male and when part of a Couple, this site has worked for you in both scenarios.

So, why do you want it to change for you now?

It almost sounds hypocritical!"

Totally agree here, thanks for the chat, always a pleasure and glad you are well. I think you are one of the well respected guys on here.

Cannock

"Thanks for your concern, however, I did read all the posts above before posting. Have you read and taken on board those posts? I doubt it after reading your response to mine. How are you doing with your spam email and flyers? Care to let us know how many you have responded to? I think my points are correct to me, even if they differ from yours and certainly not irrelevant. You have just insulted everyone who has said the same as me. Congratulations. Good luck, you'll need it.

You've used the words ridiculous, unhelpful and critical a lot in response to a lot of comments on this thread. Criticism isn't a negative- it means someone doesn't agree with you and explain why. I wouldn't say anyone has been unhelpful or ridiculous towards you. I'd say you were stubbornly sticking to your point of view, in spite of the well represented popular opinion against you.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Rediculous and unhelpful.

You've used the words ridiculous, unhelpful and critical a lot in response to a lot of comments on this thread. Criticism isn't a negative- it means someone doesn't agree with you and explain why. I wouldn't say anyone has been unhelpful or ridiculous towards you. I'd say you were stubbornly sticking to your point of view, in spite of the well represented popular opinion against you."

"The only one being RIDICULOUS is you op. No one misses mail they are interested in. No one wants to be pestered by someone they haven't replied to and it does get a bit boring having to constantly add people like to the good old block list.

Mine has just grown today to 3. "

Cambridge

We're coming round to the OP's idea of the resend button for unanswered messages.

We propose that is called the "I like to harass people" button, and it is exclusively for the use of folk who like being blocked.

We know that this is against mainstream opinion on this thread, and that most will find the idea rediculous

But we felt it was time to stop the unhelpful and critical replies. For those of you who think this is a terrible idea, please be assured that we won't take your feedback personally, or become abusive if you express an alternative view

"We're coming round to the OP's idea of the resend button for unanswered messages.

We propose that is called the "I like to harass people" button, and it is exclusively for the use of folk who like being blocked.

We know that this is against mainstream opinion on this thread, and that most will find the idea rediculous

But we felt it was time to stop the unhelpful and critical replies. For those of you who think this is a terrible idea, please be assured that we won't take your feedback personally, or become abusive if you express an alternative view "

Cannock

"We're coming round to the OP's idea of the resend button for unanswered messages.

But we felt it was time to stop the unhelpful and critical replies. For those of you who think this is a terrible idea, please be assured that we won't take your feedback personally, or become abusive if you express an alternative view "

I think that covers all the bases...

Just delete their message then they know, communication is good however little.."

Hate to say it, but I can run my profile as I see fit. Same as you can run yours how you want

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I'm going to use this resend button constantly if they don't reply within 5 minute, no... Wait, maybe that's too long, let's go for 2 minutes.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

And we know there are those who do it anyway already without the resend button, it's just gonna make it a whole lot easier for them to fill up your inbox if there's a more direct way of doing it.

The people who just cannot believe they're not suited to your needs, and that you don't want to waste their time by replying.

I guess it's a subconscious mental choice of denial over rejection.

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"m'lady"

And it's a block from me.

By *itsAndTaffCouple  over a year ago

Grays, Essex

But by resending you’re adding yet another message to their overwhelmed mailbox

Yesterday I cleared out over 100 messages from our inbox, before opening any message I checked their profile if they wasn’t what we were looking for I deleted, if they just said hi I deleted, if I could see they’d messaged more than once I deleted

Don’t give people an easy option to hit the delete button if your profile stands out and is what they are looking for they'll message back eventually

MrsB

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I'm here for lots of things, hours of inbox admin isn't one of them.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

As someone else has said, alot of people view in stealth mode so you wouldn't see if they had looked at you, so they might have looked, decided they weren't interested and instead of accepting the site FAQS AND ignoring the message warning, you message them again? How about just accept what the site itself tells you?

For the record, you are coming across as pushy.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

When reading or commenting on the forums I often check out the profiles of people who have commented and always the OP but on this occasion I've decided not to...just in case

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"When reading or commenting on the forums I often check out the profiles of people who have commented and always the OP but on this occasion I've decided not to...just in case "

I do the same thing, I like reading profiles, even met a couple of people this way too. I do this in stealth mode though.

"When reading or commenting on the forums I often check out the profiles of people who have commented and always the OP but on this occasion I've decided not to...just in case "

I wish I had followed gut instinct and not look but I am proper nosey and couldnt resist.....but now I'm blocked so no doubt is still a load of wishful thinking waffle, with the word genuine in every other sentence

» Add a new message to this topic