FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Fake Profiles

Fake Profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So many fake profiles on here. Have reported a few, but no action taken. I have tried to be conned before, so I am very cautious about who I talk to.I reported the blak male to Fab,got zero response. If someone seems to good to be true, I use Google picture search, it soon s out the fakes. Anyone else had this problem?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

"So many fake profiles on here. Have reported a few, but no action taken. I have tried to be conned before, so I am very cautious about who I talk to.I reported the blak male to Fab,got zero response. If someone seems to good to be true, I use Google picture search, it soon s out the fakes. Anyone else had this problem?"

Just because a picture is somewhere else on the internet does not necessarily fake.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If it's a different name in a different country, and the photos the fake is using, then I'm afraid it does. Plus as soon as you call them out, they block you immediately. As i said, way too many fakes on here, and Fab really don't seem to care.

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

"So many fake profiles on here. Have reported a few, but no action taken. I have tried to be conned before, so I am very cautious about who I talk to.I reported the blak male to Fab,got zero response. If someone seems to good to be true, I use Google picture search, it soon s out the fakes. Anyone else had this problem?"

How do you know no action was taken? Admin won't tell you what they've done I am led to understand. As for anything else, fab can only give you so many filters but you have the biggest filter yourself and that's common sense

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

"If it's a different name in a different country, and the photos the fake is using, then I'm afraid it does. Plus as soon as you call them out, they block you immediately. As i said, way too many fakes on here, and Fab really don't seem to care."

And alot of genuine people have been called fake when they are not. Whilst there are loads of fakes, there is an almost obsession with calling people out on here. We have been called fake numerous times for not jumping thro hoops. Suits us fine.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No problem for us and we manage so called fakes in our own way and we have more problems with fab straight guys to be honest.

Best of luck op.

T

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

This site is also full of couples that may have started out as genuine & got a meet or two to prove it but now it’s just the guy as they’ve either split up or she’s lost interest.

So now you have a genuine verified “Fake”.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"If it's a different name in a different country, and the photos the fake is using, then I'm afraid it does. Plus as soon as you call them out, they block you immediately. As i said, way too many fakes on here, and Fab really don't seem to care.

And alot of genuine people have been called fake when they are not. Whilst there are loads of fakes, there is an almost obsession with calling people out on here. We have been called fake numerous times for not jumping thro hoops. Suits us fine."

Totally agree. When I say no thanks to meeting socially or otherwise, I'm frequently accused of being fake despite my veris and organising socials. Do you think people are fake because they say no thanks to you OP?

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"No problem for us and we manage so called fakes in our own way and we have more problems with fab straight guys to be honest.

Best of luck op.

T"

A fabstraight guy must also fake then. At least put bi-curious on the profile.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Reports can take up to 48 hours to be looked at, it would be helpful if people are patient

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******