FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Privacy filter & idea for consideration

Privacy filter & idea for consideration

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *WarmFirmHands OP   Man  over a year ago

London / East Mids / South of France

First I think it's important that I make it clear that I totally respect someone's right to privacy. I also fully appreciate, having had both single and couples profiles on the site, that people sometimes don't want other members to know when they've looked at their profiles. But would there be any harm, in knowing how many members have actually clicked on and looked at your profile, without being able to actually see who has actually looked if they have their privacy filter on?

Why would the feature be a nice addition? Because, if people aren't looking at your profile then you'd know you've got to change something.

Just an idea. I wonder what others thought?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Why?

Why tell someone that no one looked?

Why tell someone that 70000 people looked?

I'm much more comfy in stealth mode ta.

The things the numbers cant tell you is what they thought of your profile or why they looked at your profile.

How does knowing 3 or 300 people viewed you if they only did so to block you? Or did it in stealth so you are still none the wiser as to who is was?

I can see the posts now.

6 people viewed me but only 1 profile shows on my list, it's broken. (As an example)

By *WarmFirmHands OP   Man  over a year ago

London / East Mids / South of France

Thanks for your thoughts.

To answer you Why question. If you know that no one has looked than you know you've got to change your profile surely? Alternatively, by being non the wiser, you can keep your profile as it is, keep paying you subscription and not have any inter action with people on the site. That might suit some folks purpose for being on Fab but for those , who want to chat and meet folks, it's not that useful surely?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

But surely something has to bring them to your profile in the first place to look? If no-one is looking it tells you nothing about how good or otherwise your profile is because no-one has seen it

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"Thanks for your thoughts.

To answer you Why question. If you know that no one has looked than you know you've got to change your profile surely? Alternatively, by being non the wiser, you can keep your profile as it is, keep paying you subscription and not have any inter action with people on the site. That might suit some folks purpose for being on Fab but for those , who want to chat and meet folks, it's not that useful surely?

"

If no one is looking at your profile why change it? No one saw it anyway.

I don't see the relevance for how many looked.

If 3 people look and 2 message and arrange a coffee meet (or 2), arguably, you are more successful than if 70000 people looked and not a single message?

If you change your profile to be what you think other people want, and not to represent who you are, than even 70000 coffee meets wouldn't get you any further; as people would think this is not who I thought it was and leave

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Thanks for your thoughts.

"

People have to look at your profile to know if it's crap or not, you might have 300 views but all of them hated your profile. It tells you absolutely nothing about your profile.

» Add a new message to this topic