FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Ethnic Filter

Ethnic Filter

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Some men would like to play with only asian or black women and would be good if you could put a filter in.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Agreed!

Increasing number of women and couples putting on their profile

"we don't do blacks or asians"

"Only BBC need apply"

"Whites only"

Solution - need a filter to filter out people who have a racial preference and do not want to meet you because of your ethnicity

I have a perfect filter...its called a mouse....is time so precious that you cannot read a profile?

By *artygirl13Couple  over a year ago

Sunderland

I think an ethnicity filter in search options would be a good idea. Mrs Party is rather fond of BBC fun but finding good guys for her using the current system is a nightmare. The only way of doing it at the minute is basically trawling through everyone on the list.

What do you except from a free site ffs delivered to your door pmsl

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We're looking at adding ethnicity to profiles + then search to make it easier to find people who match your preference.

Admin x

Erm an ethnic filter?? I know your intentions but don't sit easy with me, what next black or white only chatrooms? Aren't we all the same?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

" Aren't we all the same? "

We are yes....but peoples preferences are not all the same.

For as many people who don't meet Asian or black men or women, they are those that only meet them.... Good idea to have that choice when searching.

S.

This doesn't sit well with me either... What would a mixed race girl do, for example? What if I'm one quarter Native American? Life isn't so clear cut. And if we have preferences, surely we can just choose to move on to the next profile... I just think this enables small-mindedness and racism. Not in all cases, before I get bombarded- but I've come across a lot of it here... why do anything to encourage it?!

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

"Erm an ethnic filter?? I know your intentions but don't sit easy with me, what next black or white only chatrooms? Aren't we all the same? "

Why?

We like to meet black guys and some black guys want to meet white female/couples, at the moment when we search we get loads of people who don't meet our preference.

It's also the same for age, it's not agaist it's a preference. We meet people in London, over 200 miles from us but not Scotland, doesn't meen we hate the Scotts, just we like London and play when we are there.

Im asian get plenty of white men filling my pussy

"Im asian get plenty of white men filling my pussy "

would love to fill your pussy

What if they don't quite fit in to any category? I quite like an exotic blend .....

Don't think this is a good idea at all!!!

I think its an excellent idea, but there should be a 'prefer not to say' tick box to satisfy all you horrified people above so you dont have to join in...miseries! :p

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"We're looking at adding ethnicity to profiles + then search to make it easier to find people who match your preference.

Admin x"

are you going to force people to be part of this... because I feel it has negative feelings about this... and I would want to part of this in any way shape or form...

I don't play on "colours" and I am sure others will feel the same......

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"are you going to force people to be part of this... "

No.

Admin x

"We're looking at adding ethnicity to profiles + then search to make it easier to find people who match your preference.

Admin x

are you going to force people to be part of this... because I feel it has negative feelings about this... and I would want to part of this in any way shape or form...

I don't play on "colours" and I am sure others will feel the same......"

I feel strongly against this too... why allow people to categorise and divide people further? Can't see any positives it would bring. Imagine if this happened in another context- it wouldn't be allowed! Sorry. I'll be quiet now

Surely the more refined the search is the better for everyone, not just on race but everything.

Although I think your priority should be on post code and miles from searches first

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"

Although I think your priority should be on post code and miles from searches first"

In what way? If you try advanced search it now works like this.

Admin x

[Removed by poster at 19/07/12 11:54:25]

Lol guess I just learnt something, thanks

Maybe it is me, I just don't see she is Asian I can't fancy her or she is white I'm allowed to fancy her. I think it's bordering on racist to say anyone only fancies a certain type of person I see woman I think phwoar and woman I think nt my type in every walk of life. Life previously stated where do mixed race people stand? If your mum was half white half black and your dad is Asian then does that mean you fit all criteria or none??

How is it any different to stating preference on sexuality, size, smoking etc

Just because it's a swinging site it doesn't mean all revert to the any hole is a goal mentality

No different from looking for a takeaway. When I want an indian I don't think “it must serve an english sunday roast as well" I just want an indian. Its not racist, its just giving everyone choice.

Que the abuse

By *cottishrichMan  over a year ago

Here and there

"

Although I think your priority should be on post code and miles from searches first

In what way? If you try advanced search it now works like this.

Admin x"

What about the "who's mobile nearby"? Having read multiple threads about that, I think that's higher up people's want list than an ethnicity filter, which I personally think encourages racism (a little) and I don't care to get any deeper into that subject.

I can understand the logic, but reading the words ethnic filter made me shiver....and not in a good way.

By *utumnWoman  over a year ago

leeds

Most Dating sites have this as an option, you tick who you want to be able to get in touch, They usually have a list Caucasian, Eastern European, African, American mixed race etc etc the list is for YOU to chose who YOU do/do not wish to have contact from, what harm is there in that?

I don't want messages from young men does that make me prejudiced against youth.

Options are preferences nothing more nothing less and if people could accept ethnicity is just a describing word for a tick box section of preferences then maybe all soap boxes can be put away!

(steps off soap box right onto a banana skin!)

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

I don't see an ethnicity filter as being discriminatory in the legal sense. It allows people to make an explicit preference for a preferred option. Preferences by their very nature exclude certain options.

Do I feel discriminated against if someone is after 'BBC'? No I don't. Why should I? Now, if I was going for a job and the advert said must have BBC - then that would be discrimination.

Would I like to meet some more black women? Or Asian? Or Indian? Yes. But it is hard to tell unless the profile indicates that or there is a photo.

There are times when we need to be vigilant about all forms of discrimination - I find it hard to see how this in particular is discriminatory. Now, if someone with a legal background shows how this is indeed covered under the Race Discrimination laws - then I'm quite happy to be corrected.

Errrrrrrm what about mixed couples? How would that work? I'm white & Jay is Asian. How could would we categorise ourselves?

"Most Dating sites have this as an option, you tick who you want to be able to get in touch, They usually have a list Caucasian, Eastern European, African, American mixed race etc etc the list is for YOU to chose who YOU do/do not wish to have contact from, what harm is there in that?

I don't want messages from young men does that make me prejudiced against youth.

Options are preferences nothing more nothing less and if people could accept ethnicity is just a describing word for a tick box section of preferences then maybe all soap boxes can be put away!

(steps off soap box right onto a banana skin!) "

You saved me typing , I have been on sites that use those filters and if given the choice on here I would use them

"Most Dating sites have this as an option, you tick who you want to be able to get in touch, They usually have a list Caucasian, Eastern European, African, American mixed race etc etc the list is for YOU to chose who YOU do/do not wish to have contact from, what harm is there in that?

(steps off soap box right onto a banana skin!) "

Alot of people on here have preferences which read like war and peace....if filters were available they would tick so many that they would find they couldnt even message or meet themselves lol

"I have a perfect filter...its called a mouse....is time so precious that you cannot read a profile?"

Too true. Two of my best meets have been with people who would have been filtered out if our joint preferences were strictly applied.

I think its a good idea. Everyone has preferences. No one has complained about the 'won't meet smokers' and 'not looking for single guys' options.

As a 'BBW' (god I hate that phrase). I put in a vote for a 'not looking for fat people' option in preferences too!!! (And for that matter 'not looking for skinny people')

At least everyone would know where they stand with everyone else. It wud cut down abusive messages from people for either not wanting to meet other ethnicities or shapes, or aproaching people in the 1st place.

As for people of mixed background, one presumes this could an option on the list, just like it is on job application forms etc etc.

[Removed by poster at 20/07/12 11:11:10]

I cant believe this subject as even been raised.

OMG are we going back to the dark ages!!!Pardon the pun!

We all get messages from people that dont hold our intrest and we all know how to reply in a civil manner.

The sad fact is NOT everyone on here does know who to reply in a civil manner or (on the other side of the coin) take polite 'no thank you' or hints!!

"This doesn't sit well with me either... What would a mixed race girl do, for example? What if I'm one quarter Native American? Life isn't so clear cut. And if we have preferences, surely we can just choose to move on to the next profile... I just think this enables small-mindedness and racism. Not in all cases, before I get bombarded- but I've come across a lot of it here... why do anything to encourage it?!"

well on other sites im on they is a mixed race option in your profile if thats what you want to be.

i think they should be tools to search on all the elements on peoples profiles, if you can search for people with gang bangs as an interest, sureley you should be able to search for all sorts of other items on the profile

age, build, race, sex, height, sexualtiy etc

more search options the better i think,

this aint about racism, its just about being able to search for what you are looking for without having to go through lots of profiles that you dont need to see in your search results.

could also add filters based on them too

"What do you except from a free site ffs delivered to your door pmsl "

its not totally free, plenty of people pay each month too.

these are suggestions to improove the site, this is what this forum is for so not really bad ideas tbh, the search tool could be so so so much better, not for race but for other elements on a whole

and i mean not for race i mean you should be able to search for all elements of peoples profiles where there is a facility to pick an option from a drop down box or set range

and you dont have to force people to select new profile items if they dont want to, they would just be added to the profile and the people would have to optionally update the field or it could just be left with a null value that dont effect anything

but i welcome the idea to search as would like to be able to search based on build or sexuality at times more than other options suggested, as sometimes good to see if they certain types of people out there instead of trawling thourgh page after page

also search results shouldnt be live, it would be alot better if your searches had a search id, so once you do a search your results are showng, and when you click on page 2 you are seeing page 2 of that searches results, instead of page 2 of a new searches results.

pain in the arse when same people are on page 2 as page one and the results change every time u hit a new page number

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"

also search results shouldnt be live, it would be alot better if your searches had a search id, so once you do a search your results are showng, and when you click on page 2 you are seeing page 2 of that searches results, instead of page 2 of a new searches results.

pain in the arse when same people are on page 2 as page one and the results change every time u hit a new page number"

This is exactly what happens with searches using Browse Or Advanced Search. Only "online now" listings are "live" (mixed up when you browse!).

Admin x

Y not a bbw filter, i love bbw's and prefer curves anytome of the day!!!

Why not a don't bother if you haven't cleaned your teeth filter, or don't want to meet Rome wasters too!!!

In some ways ticking more box's is less offensive than some of the comments you see on some profiles but there is a limit to how long people will want to sit filling out a form....Buy a blind fold just enjoy it

Having said that i would like to ask if there could be a "Horny Black nymho" looking for middle aged hippy " Button

Admin x

I don't play on "colours" and I am sure others will feel the same......"

I would love an ethnic filter, race is just another preference

"Maybe it is me, I just don't see she is Asian I can't fancy her or she is white I'm allowed to fancy her. I think it's bordering on racist to say anyone only fancies a certain type of person I see woman I think phwoar and woman I think nt my type in every walk of life. Life previously stated where do mixed race people stand? If your mum was half white half black and your dad is Asian then does that mean you fit all criteria or none??"

Oh please.....it's a preference no more and no less keep the racist card in the pack....p[eople like what they like and don't like in the same way, stop trying to make them sound bad

Personally, we are interested in meeting guys of any ethnicity. But why is it in Britain today that you're not allowed to express a preference "I'm only interested in meeting white guys", without it being interpreted as 'racist'. I don't see the PCers on here complaining about 'only guys between 25-45" as an example of ageism. We are not interested whatsoever in meeting bi or curious guys. This is a preference. It has absolutely nothing to do with being homophobic. People need to wake up and stop being so sensitive, jumping on the racist/homophobic/sexist/blah blah blah bandwagons.

By *r OreoMan  over a year ago

Croydon

If a filter allows people to find the right person for them (be that filter based on age, colour or body type) then surely it can only be a good thing??

For those who dont have a specific preference then they just set filter to 'All'.

For us ... we would love to create a filter to find single bi girls who meet couples as it would save a LOT of time.

Cheshire and London

"This doesn't sit well with me either... What would a mixed race girl do, for example? What if I'm one quarter Native American? Life isn't so clear cut. And if we have preferences, surely we can just choose to move on to the next profile... I just think this enables small-mindedness and racism. Not in all cases, before I get bombarded- but I've come across a lot of it here... why do anything to encourage it?!"

why not mixed race? Other site have this an work very well for us who are looking for black men, or mixed race men for that matter. There cann also be a PREFER NOT TO SAY option, so that for people who are upset or do not want to show in an ethicity filter won't.

I cannot see why it's racist, it's just a preference filter. It works both ways for black, white, mixed race, asian, oriental and any others you can think of, just a quick way of finding people who you would like to meet.

Why dont we have a rainbow room im not intending to sleep with hitler bin laden or ghengis khan where would it be practical to filter all our personal flavours.

totally agree that we need a filter get fed up with messages from people even though i have a preference on my profile

By *lacksausageMan  over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

What a topic! Ethnic filter eh?

Who wants to be told after donkeys days/weeks of messaging that 'sorry I dont meet blacks/colored?''

Not a single one.Please bring this filter. Please do.Yes please.

Racism does exist but very hard to prove.The get out clause these days, I hear is this:'I said it but I was only repeating what he said (as a question).'

No cant believe in a court of law that excuse would stand up!! What? Who? John terry? Oh right lol. Anyone who watched the excellent Clarke Carlisle is football racist must see the "covert racism" that's creeping into this country in this? Just saying oh it's the pc brigade is the new way of covering it up, but hey we as a country just turn a blind eye to it when it don't affect us, and act horrified when we discover how racist the met was after Stephen Lawrence! Shout me down as much as you like but I know it's true

An ethnicity filter would just be an extension of many of the other categorisations (e.g. Male /female, smoker / non-smoker, height, weight, curvy, slim, straight / bi etc.). Browsing the site shouldnt be an exercise in endurance. People should have the right to search using ethnicit as one of many parameters. I don't see the problem.

By *oundstrecherCouple  over a year ago

Swindon

"An ethnicity filter would just be an extension of many of the other categorisations (e.g. Male /female, smoker / non-smoker, height, weight, curvy, slim, straight / bi etc.). Browsing the site shouldnt be an exercise in endurance. People should have the right to search using ethnicit as one of many parameters. I don't see the problem."

We would also like to filter by cock size

By *lacksausageMan  over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

"We would also like to filter by cock size"

I bet others will like to filter by bareback and no bareback, heeheeee.

By *elshpnay27Couple  over a year ago

EPSOM

Filtering would be good. I agree with previous posts that the only way at the moment is to trawl all the profiles. Some are arguing of racial biases but come on some of us are looking for ethnic minorities and if some are trying to avoid them then so what? Its their preference. That's what its all about...preference.

Ethnic filter is wrong we feel if it's preference then it's in your profile , the genuine people should just read the profile but they don't , guys will be guys and always chance it so there is no easy answer

Ethnic filter is wrong we feel if it's preference then it's in your profile , the genuine people should just read the profile but they don't , guys will be guys and always chance it so there is no easy answer

By *r OreoMan  over a year ago

Croydon

I still think its a good idea .... Would save a lot of 'yes Sam she is pretty .... But she doesn't meet Asian men' that I hear pretty regular from my partner after scanning a profile!

"Y not a bbw filter, i love bbw's and prefer curves anytome of the day!!!"

"Personally, we are interested in meeting guys of any ethnicity. But why is it in Britain today that you're not allowed to express a preference "I'm only interested in meeting white guys", without it being interpreted as 'racist'. I don't see the PCers on here complaining about 'only guys between 25-45" as an example of ageism. We are not interested whatsoever in meeting bi or curious guys. This is a preference. It has absolutely nothing to do with being homophobic. People need to wake up and stop being so sensitive, jumping on the racist/homophobic/sexist/blah blah blah bandwagons. "

Can't believe such an uproar over such a simple thing.

I know of white girls who only meet black men... They could use the filter to stop white guys messaging her. Is she been racist? Of course not.... She chats in the chat room to anyone, regardless of if they meet her preferences in age, sex, colour, body type.

There are black guys that will only meet black ladies.... With a search filter in place he could enter the ages, locality and colour and only get those that have indicated on their profile that they are black themselves. Is this racist to white people? Of course not.

People play the racist card far too much in my opinion, they would do far better losing the chip of their shoulder and just been themselves.

Steve

I want to see a creed filter, simply because I want to fuck black and asian women without spending all day trailing through profiles to find the small minority. I meet white women too. It is simply a desire and preference at that time. Many couples block single men to avoid messages but clearly state the will look for them as and when required. It's simply a matter of being able to find who you want when you want.

Sounds like a good idea, people wouldnt have to waste their time contacting people who wounldnt go for them due to their colour/race (not all profiles state that they prefer to date a particular race).

I dont go for people by colour but I would like to filter out anyone who does (i.e dont go for black guys) just makes everything easier and clearer.

"

pain in the arse when same people are on page 2 as page one and the results change every time u hit a new page number

This is exactly what happens with searches using Browse Or Advanced Search. Only "online now" listings are "live" (mixed up when you browse!).

Admin x"

i know but would be nice to do a search and everyone online does not move about and get mixed up when u switch page to page, be nice to do a search and if theres more than 1 page of online people then the when you go on page 2 its the continuation of the search result - so you dont see anyone from page 1 on page 2 etc unless you do a new search!

By *..taijituCouple  over a year ago

00...Heaven...

"What do you except from a free site ffs delivered to your door pmsl "

To regulars... Who are site members, I think the site as a member, should have much more features! As Westy knows, I would of mmmm been glad of this feature last summer lol. I would hate to think ppl are defined by colour/race but the options on the profiles could be;

A, your colour/ethnic background

B, your desires, if something does/not tickle your taste buds only

C, happy to route through the mingers n hope for gold/not be in a category yourselves!!

The risk here tho, is that you let fabulous opportunities slip through your hands!

When I opened my first single account here, it was genuinely, only white men!

Then, after having an African friend, n becoming lovers, I was a changed gal lol. Had I of used the white guys only filter, I would possibly not have met the friends I have come to know and love.... And indeed my beautiful fella and fell deeply in love... Sigh lol

By *..taijituCouple  over a year ago

00...Heaven...

"Can't believe such an uproar over such a simple thing.

I know of white girls who only meet black men... They could use the filter to stop white guys messaging her. Is she been racist? Of course not.... She chats in the chat room to anyone, regardless of if they meet her preferences in age, sex, colour, body type.

There are black guys that will only meet black ladies.... With a search filter in place he could enter the ages, locality and colour and only get those that have indicated on their profile that they are black themselves. Is this racist to white people? Of course not.

People play the racist card far too much in my opinion, they would do far better losing the chip of their shoulder and just been themselves.

Steve"

Brilliant!!!

people have got this thread all backward - the filter should not be used to exclude white black asian from your searches but rather to find them and fuck them!

I think this may be a good idea. As being a mixed race male myself I have had previous encounters which have been very upsetting. Quite a few times Ifort talking to couple and single females and we really click..exchanging fun and weird messages for days then when I provide a face pic they say errr sorry dont meet asians regardless of the fact I'm half cast and don't ever message me again!

Rant over lol

Cheshire and London

"Ethnic filter is wrong we feel if it's preference then it's in your profile , the genuine people should just read the profile but they don't , guys will be guys and always chance it so there is no easy answer "

Why?

It's not racist because some people may filter out blacks because they do not wish to meet then OK, it's their choice and why so them black guys(or girls) if they have no interest in meeting with them anyway!

But I want to filter out white guys as I WANT to meet black guys! I cannot be racist to the white guys as I am white!!!!

There is another reason needed for the this filter and many more to! currently searches only show 300 results, so if those results have loads of people your not interested in, then you are unable to see the one's you would like to meet...also this will get more of an issue as more people join the site?

» Add a new message to this topic