FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Ability to edit a forum post

Ability to edit a forum post

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r_Trojan OP   Man  over a year ago

In The North

It would be nice to be able to edit a forum post, not have to delete it, try to remember everything that you have previously typed and retyping.

I remember Fab used to have a small window for someone to edit a post and small "edited" indication would be displayed next to that post to say it has been edited.

Can we please have this feature back?

Yes, I know I can proof read before posting. But on a mobile device with a small textarea and most phones wanting to autocorrect you sometimes, it becomes a bit of a pain in the arse.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

Completely agree. I have fat fingers and make quite a few small mistakes which can change completely the meaning of my message. Especially when a post is moving fast. Just a short window is needed and the post marked as edited.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think you'd need to be careful and probably also show the pre edited text to. Being able to edit something could result in insulting someone and then quickly changing it after they have replied making them look bad

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You can copy the text you've posted before deleting the post. Then just paste it in a new post and correct the errors.

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

Or quote yourself and rewrite it quickly then post and delete the original.

» Add a new message to this topic