FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Organising the inbox

Organising the inbox

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abasaurus Rex OP   Man  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

So.. did some searching and couldn’t find a thread on this, and I can’t see any way that it is already implemented.

I use fab through the mobile website, and it’s great, but it has a couple of key issues for me that make it clunky to communicate:

1. No notifications to mobile devices. This would be really useful to help convos flow a little more naturally.

2. At times, the inbox can be cluttered. Especially for women. It would be useful to be able to have multiple inboxes (much like email folders) and filters that automatically place messages into the appropriate inbox.

At the very least it would be good to have a general inbox for all messages from anyone you allow to message you in the first place. Then have a second inbox which filters messages only from your friends, and users added to a messaging whitelist.

As said, for women, this may help with the continuation of conversations whilst the general inbox is flooded. This would also really help with forum games, and those who do the admin for them.

Just an idea, not sure if others feel the same?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

To a point. My inbox either has messages to delete or reply to.

There are no other messages I need to worry about personally

Gloucestershire

"To a point. My inbox either has messages to delete or reply to.

There are no other messages I need to worry about personally "

Fair, but I’m assuming that you have to maintain it on a regular basis for that to be manageable? Or that you have to delete all, then start a-fresh, when you come back to it all, having left it for a while?

It’s not so much a problem specifically for me, but for those who receive high volumes of messages - such as a lot of women - I wonder if it might make the task of communicating with those they actually want to on fab a little easier/smoother.

Grantham

Yes there is that. I’m not speaking for anyone other than myself.

True Fab friends are in my phone and I don’t talk to them that much on here.

My message volume dropped when I hit the 51 mark. I also have filters on. So going through messages isn’t as time consuming now

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why don't you let us women speak for ourselves instead of speaking for us through the make gaze?

Gloucestershire

"Why don't you let us women speak for ourselves instead of speaking for us through the make gaze?"

Because I’m talking about the functionality of the inbox in general, it’s just typically women receive more, but I’m sure there are guys with high traffic inboxes.

I have absolute no desire to speak for women, they’ve got a voice of their own, as you’ve so wonderfully displayed, by being arsey.

Grantham

"as you’ve so wonderfully displayed, by being arsey. "

I didn’t see it as arsey

By *orello-pieWoman  over a year ago

southwest

I didn’t see this as anything other than trying to be helpful and considerate, thanks OP x

» Add a new message to this topic