FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Fakes

Fakes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aradiselost747 OP   Couple  over a year ago

dundonald

Site admins, please please do something about the fakes. Make people verify, showing ID or something like they do on other sites.

We love fan but it’s getting ruined at the minute by fakes and false profiles

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

"Site admins, please please do something about the fakes. Make people verify, showing ID or something like they do on other sites.

We love fan but it’s getting ruined at the minute by fakes and false profiles "

They are easy enough to spot. Physical meets are against fab rules at the moment.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have you messaged admin to report the profiles you believe to be fake? If not try reporting them so admin know which accounts you are referring to.

By *ing_Wookie_RodeoMan  over a year ago

stockport wasteland

"Site admins, please please do something about the fakes. Make people verify, showing ID or something like they do on other sites.

They are easy enough to spot. Physical meets are against fab rules at the moment."

no one said anything about meeting just fake profiles lol

North west ish

They are easy enough to spot. Physical meets are against fab rules at the moment. no one said anything about meeting just fake profiles lol"

The OP's status dud before they remived it. Lol

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Are they new profiles or older ones you are talking about? What makes them fake other than not having a PV?

Long overdue but it won’t happen, they want as many on the site as possible to make money from advertising exposure, so it’s only a token interest in the fakes etc.

They are easy enough to spot. Physical meets are against fab rules at the moment. no one said anything about meeting just fake profiles lol"

Yes I was thinking the same

Yes good idea full of fakes

Just report block and move on.

T

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

The fakes just hop site from site ?? and all had them and been taken in by them and even been labelled "Fakes" ourselves ??!! and seem some just get their kicks out of it ?

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

I have questions.

How do you know these profiles are fake?

How are admin supposed to know they are fake, other than a member report?

How many people would be prepared to show their ID on a site like Fab?

For the record, neither of us has ever been asked to show our ID on any internet site. And we wouldn't.

E

Can you imagine the loss of income to the site blocking all the fakes , you could join other sites and pay a hefty subscription but still have the same issue.

Its quite easy to out the fakes a quick phone call or video call usually works

There will always be fake profiles on any kind of site. Just means learning to live with it and protecting yourself as much as possible.

We’ve locked down our profile as much as we can and altered our message filters accordingly.

It doesn’t stop the occasional faker but we usually spot them.

We also use a reverse image app if we’re not sure.

Sounds like a lot of hard work lol but we think it’s worth it!

North west ish

" Can you imagine the loss of income to the site blocking all the fakes , you could join other sites and pay a hefty subscription but still have the same issue.

Its quite easy to out the fakes a quick phone call or video call usually works"

We won't phone or video call. Doesn't make us fake.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

" Can you imagine the loss of income to the site blocking all the fakes , you could join other sites and pay a hefty subscription but still have the same issue.

Its quite easy to out the fakes a quick phone call or video call usually works"

There's not a lot of lost income on a free site.

E

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"Are they new profiles or older ones you are talking about? What makes them fake other than not having a PV?"

Please can you let me know what happens after you report a profile you know who clearly using fake photos as i know that person still active. thanks

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Its quite easy to out the fakes a quick phone call or video call usually works

We won't phone or video call. Doesn't make us fake. "

Same, I also don't want to photo verify and I'm still not fake

We have this exact post on another part of the forum about it mods can’t do nothing about it

[Removed by poster at 09/08/20 05:18:27]

There are far too many fake profiles in the Manchester area. It does spoil the use of the site.

Someone unlocked their pics for me, and it was a profile full of my pics.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

We have this exact post on another part of the forum about it mods can’t do nothing about it "

Mods don't make decisions of the site if that's what you mean

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Are they new profiles or older ones you are talking about? What makes them fake other than not having a PV?

Please can you let me know what happens after you report a profile you know who clearly using fake photos as i know that person still active. thanks "

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Are they new profiles or older ones you are talking about? What makes them fake other than not having a PV?

Please can you let me know what happens after you report a profile you know who clearly using fake photos as i know that person still active. thanks "

PS the person who's pics they are using would need to report the profile

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't know what you mean by fake OP, but if you report any profile that you think is fake giving the reason why , Admin will take a look and deal with if found true