FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Site update

Site update

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The site attracts all sorts of people. Some are abusive others are respectful. There should be filters added so a person can choose if they want to receive such content.

The site is dated. I've been on fab for about 4 years on and off and the functionality and aesthetics have not changed.

The revenue generated monthly from site supporters must be a fair amount and the site has not suffered due to covid, so an updated seems to be needed.

When can we expect an updated site?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

I think that it shouldn't be a free site, in the sense that yes there maybe a trail period but after that you have to sign up. Photo verification should be mandatory and should built do that two or more admins have to approve the account.

There will be always some who will create fake accounts but if it was a proper pay site, the amount of fake profiles would be reduced.

There should also be more filters. A person should be able to tick a box to receive/stop abusive offensive content sent to them.

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

I'm a great supporter of this site and it's facilities! It has all the relative information without having to search and represents great value compared to any others I know. Try some of the dating sites and you'll see what I mean?

By *eynard_ArgentMan  over a year ago

Witham

Well said

Witham

[Removed by poster at 22/08/20 06:05:55]

Witham

I agree that photo verification should be mandatory... maybe after 1 month.

"I'm a great supporter of this site and it's facilities! It has all the relative information without having to search and represents great value compared to any others I know. Try some of the dating sites and you'll see what I mean?"

This site isn't a dating site so you cannot compare it to one.

By *he Hussy and The VoyeurCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere Only We Know

We think there should be a mandatory video verification where members have to film themselves writing the profile name and date to try and deter time wasters and non contributers to the site. If this is done on application of joining, it would attract more genuine users and less fakes.

Where would Fab start to update the site?

What would people want updating?

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"We think there should be a mandatory video verification where members have to film themselves writing the profile name and date to try and deter time wasters and non contributers to the site. If this is done on application of joining, it would attract more genuine users and less fakes.

"

There are lots of people who join the site because they are curious, dipping a toe in and learning about the lifestyle. Putting barriers in the way will only serve to deter genuine folk from signing up. The "fakes & timewasters" will be more than happy to jump through hoops to join regardless.

Cal

By *asterandGenieCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

This will always be a marmite thread and lots of cropped up over the years some say the site works fine so why update it others are all for it.

That may be to make use of new web development frameworks or provide functionality for out of date tech such as flash.

Message functionality was improved with the grouping but more could be done, videos were added as an extension to photos functionality that’s about it

M

By *he Hussy and The VoyeurCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere Only We Know

"We think there should be a mandatory video verification where members have to film themselves writing the profile name and date to try and deter time wasters and non contributers to the site. If this is done on application of joining, it would attract more genuine users and less fakes.

There are lots of people who join the site because they are curious, dipping a toe in and learning about the lifestyle. Putting barriers in the way will only serve to deter genuine folk from signing up. The "fakes & timewasters" will be more than happy to jump through hoops to join regardless.

Cal"

Not necessarily.

If both people in a couple have to write on the verification paper in pen, it would reduce the amount of fake couples,but not get rid of them.

If someone wanted to site support, contribute and view photos and videos, then using the video verification would reduce the amount of fraudsters using the site.

Less dead wood and more genuine supporters would be a step in the right direction and attract more people wanting to get in to the lifestyle by using this site.

By *orkspoonMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I think the hard part is, how do you tell a time waster from someone new and eager? The more barriers there are the less the community will grow (and there are a large number [unproven] of people who are active for a while, with meets, and then either hide our drop away, so you always need more people for out not to die)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

I’ve been on and off here for years. The not so new inbox is good but I think you could add a friends inbox. So you don’t loose friends in the rest of the shite. Maybe a hotlist inbox too

» Add a new message to this topic