FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Security Settings

Security Settings

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

in security settings we can choose who we want to be contacted by, this is a simple setting and easy to implement as our preferences are saved in your database.

In order to protect our privacy, or at least to minimise it from those who we don't want to see us, why can we not hide ourselves from single male profiles? I spend a significant amount of time protecting our identity by blocking single males within 7 miles as a large number treat this like a tinder site.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Assuming they entered their correct location. Mine is set to the local large town, about 15 miles away.

Yeah, pretty much go on daily and use the whos near (by gps) function.

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

With all due respect to you and your wishes O.P. why do you consider it such an issue if other members simply look at your profile if, assuming you have used the tools available to you, they cannot contact you?

Regarding your privacy surely if you have anything posted picture wise that could possibly give away your identity you could set those pictures to private?

We don't share face pics obviously, however its a bit off putting when single guys within 1/4 mile are around trying to work out who you are.

I'm after some site preferences feedback and entitled to my opinion and some degree of control around my privacy

knowing that the database is just that, to implement such measures is a simple one, my request is whether there is some appetite or the designers to implement that

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"We don't share face pics obviously, however its a bit off putting when single guys within 1/4 mile are around trying to work out who you are.

I'm after some site preferences feedback and entitled to my opinion and some degree of control around my privacy"

You have complete control over your privacy. You have the option to show pictures that could identify you, or not

Its not about just about pictures.

The site offers very little in terms of protection of my privacy its an all in or all out approach.

This forum is for site feedback, my feedback is that with some simple filtering modifications or preferences, my needs and probably the needs of others would be met.

If it already records in my preferences what I'm looking for already in terms of types of people (couples, singles etc) and age ranges, then why would I not want to be invisible to those outside of my preferences group.

There are a lot of couples profiles that indicate for example to single males that they don't want to be contacted.

As a couple we try to protect ourselves from the tinder generation of new unverified member single males looking for a quick hook up. Literally have been blocking anyone within a 5 mile radius.

The last thing we want is to be sat in a pub with numerous males within 1/4 mile looking whos online and nearby trying to work out who it is.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Its not about just about pictures.

The site offers very little in terms of protection of my privacy its an all in or all out approach.

This forum is for site feedback, my feedback is that with some simple filtering modifications or preferences, my needs and probably the needs of others would be met.

If it already records in my preferences what I'm looking for already in terms of types of people (couples, singles etc) and age ranges, then why would I not want to be invisible to those outside of my preferences group.

There are a lot of couples profiles that indicate for example to single males that they don't want to be contacted.

As a couple we try to protect ourselves from the tinder generation of new unverified member single males looking for a quick hook up. Literally have been blocking anyone within a 5 mile radius.

The last thing we want is to be sat in a pub with numerous males within 1/4 mile looking whos online and nearby trying to work out who it is.

"

Turn your GPS off.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

maybe the site is just not suitable for you OP.

By *ntoyou2022Man  over a year ago

Edi

Xxxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"in security settings we can choose who we want to be contacted by, this is a simple setting and easy to implement as our preferences are saved in your database.

In order to protect our privacy, or at least to minimise it from those who we don't want to see us, why can we not hide ourselves from single male profiles? I spend a significant amount of time protecting our identity by blocking single males within 7 miles as a large number treat this like a tinder site. "

There’s an option in the who can contact you but about male profiles, set that to block and they shouldn’t be able to contact you

Thats been set already - we can't be contacted by SM's

When you have kids that are grown up with their friends around, or see a SM looking at your profile or fabbing your photos etc, you dig a bit deeper and see that they are within 1/4 mile etc.

Guess there is no current way easily, we have progressively blocked any single male within 5 miles that has logged on in the last month, were invisible to them.

When we do a simple search using filters in our area there are 300+ results, the majority being grey profiles with little or no write up.

Its not a problem for us to block them to provide us with some additional anonymity and protection, I was just asking if there was some appetite for the developers to receive site feedback in this thread

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

I also think you should only be viewable to whatever your filters are set to and that also means you can't see the filtered profiles,

Setting your postcode 5-10 miles away if its not set that way already and try not to use your mobile at home that might help limit the local viewers.

By *ntoyou2022Man  over a year ago

Edi

"in security settings we can choose who we want to be contacted by, this is a simple setting and easy to implement as our preferences are saved in your database.

In order to protect our privacy, or at least to minimise it from those who we don't want to see us, why can we not hide ourselves from single male profiles? I spend a significant amount of time protecting our identity by blocking single males within 7 miles as a large number treat this like a tinder site. "

Be honest I think the privacy settings are perfectly acceptable and I don't see how a single male viewing your profile puts you in any risk that you would need to be protected from.

You can choose not to put in your correct location, You can choose to have no photos, You can choose whether you give any information that could possibly identify you I just don't think it's helpful suggesting that somehow single men are a threat to you just because they can see your profile.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

"Be honest I think the privacy settings are perfectly acceptable and I don't see how a single male viewing your profile puts you in any risk that you would need to be protected from.

You can choose not to put in your correct location, You can choose to have no photos, You can choose whether you give any information that could possibly identify you I just don't think it's helpful suggesting that somehow single men are a threat to you just because they can see your profile. "

Agreed. It's also easy to edit images to remove any personal or background features which could conceivably identify a person or location.

Not as bad as Grindr where you could work out where someone was to a 5m2 area by spoofing your location and triangulating.

» Add a new message to this topic