FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Overhaul of TV/TS

Overhaul of TV/TS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ax Goof OP   Man  over a year ago

Leeds Bouverie Court LS9

I think it is probably time for the settings with regards to TV/TS to be overhauled due to issues a friend has had when using this site.

He is transgender and as such, is neither a transvestite or transsexual, so made himself a male profile, only to have any pictures showing his genitals blocked as he was down as a male profile.

I don't know for definite what the best solution to this problem is but I think it should be left more down to the individual which category they choose for themselves and perhaps picture verifications could be less strict with how they are moderated?

Another option would be to add TG to the TV/TS section but I don't think this is a good fit as identifying as transgender and transvestite are so vastly different and it also seems unfair to lump transgender men and women together.

Essentially I believe that if a person is male and has a vulva, they should be able to have a male profile and post pictures of themself naked. If a person is female and has a penis, they should be able to have a female profiel and post pictures of themself naked.

I'm sure some people who do not want to meet trans people will argue that they dont wanna see trans people show up in there searches but I don't think that we should build the site to appease such attitudes? We all see people who turn up in our searches we aren't attracted to. That's what the block and a polite no thank you is for.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Agree with all this, replying to add my +1!

I can see in my crystal ball. I see nothing changing on this site

I Wish you look

Leeds Bouverie Court LS9

"I can see in my crystal ball. I see nothing changing on this site

I Wish you look "

Yeah you're probably right, Selena but it's worth a try haha.

Just a suggestion, if your friend is post op would she not prefer to have a female profile?

V

Leeds Bouverie Court LS9

"Just a suggestion, if your friend is post op would she not prefer to have a female profile?

V"

No because my friend is a man. Not a woman.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"Just a suggestion, if your friend is post op would she not prefer to have a female profile?

V"

I think it's female to male transition what the op has described

Leeds Bouverie Court LS9

To clarify, my friend is a trans man. He is not looking to physically transition to having a penis. Not all trans people are on the same journey.

By *inky_ragnarCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

I have posted a similar thing in the forum before, only to be met with "oh not this again" & "profiles have specifics in them" (most do not).

I support this change, i cant imagine fab is strapped for cash to get this done.

Leeds Bouverie Court LS9

"I have posted a similar thing in the forum before, only to be met with "oh not this again" & "profiles have specifics in them" (most do not).

I support this change, i cant imagine fab is strapped for cash to get this done."

Sorry to hear that but thanks for supporting this thread

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

This comes up all the time why bother it is fine

"This comes up all the time why bother it is fine"

If it keeps coming up then it is clearly an issue to some members.

Or do you just think "I'm all right Jack (or Jill), they should stop whinging"?

Leeds Bouverie Court LS9

"This comes up all the time why bother it is fine"

I'm happy that the system works fine for you, but I started this thread with a genuine real case scenario that proves that the system isn't "fine" and clearly doesn't work for everyone.

VI think it's female to male transition what the op has described "

Ah ok. Thanks. I really need to wear my reading specs!

V x

"To clarify, my friend is a trans man. He is not looking to physically transition to having a penis. Not all trans people are on the same journey. "

Sorry, Sinful just explained.

Yes of course, totally understand.

V

Leeds Bouverie Court LS9

"To clarify, my friend is a trans man. He is not looking to physically transition to having a penis. Not all trans people are on the same journey.

V"

Yeah I equally misinterpreted your message a bit haha

"To clarify, my friend is a trans man. He is not looking to physically transition to having a penis. Not all trans people are on the same journey.

V

Yeah I equally misinterpreted your message a bit haha"

No problem, it’s all good x

By *pmsldCouple  over a year ago

kettering

As you say I am sure more could be done to address this issue, however In your original post you suggest the site should let people who identify themselves as men but physically they have a female body register as a male profile, and vice versa for the female. The issue I see with this is it could easily be abused by people, especially if your asking for them to be able to do this and be photo verified aswell. How would you suggest they protect against this ? Other than what they obviously do now and compare body parts.

Having separate categories could be another option but that can also open a can of worms if they dont then do very single possible category which is probably why the admin decided to simplify it to the one category.

Leeds Bouverie Court LS9

What abuse are you suggesting would take place?

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

Op i myself had the same problem when i joined the site, i'm a transgender woman pre op , 5 years started my transition i live my daily life and professional life as a woman and recognized legaly as woman , my ID says woman , i just state on my profile in the beginning , i'm a transgender woman , this helps people to understand and know a litle bite more about me without let anybody felt , i'm lie to them what i believe would have hapen if i would have set my profile as it says in my ID , woman .

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"What abuse are you suggesting would take place? "
People using it to skirt the filters that some have in place would be the first one that comes to mind.

Leeds Bouverie Court LS9

"What abuse are you suggesting would take place? People using it to skirt the filters that some have in place would be the first one that comes to mind."

But people can already do this. We've all seen couples profiles that are actually just a single man. And when we see them we report them.

I don't think it's fair to penalise all trans people for the crimes of a few straight men.

Leeds Bouverie Court LS9

"Op i myself had the same problem when i joined the site, i'm a transgender woman pre op , 5 years started my transition i live my daily life and professional life as a woman and recognized legaly as woman , my ID says woman , i just state on my profile in the beginning , i'm a transgender woman , this helps people to understand and know a litle bite more about me without let anybody felt , i'm lie to them what i believe would have hapen if i would have set my profile as it says in my ID , woman .

"

But would you prefer the option to label your profile as female?

doncaster

There are pre op trans women on this site and have the category of woman on profile , just have a chat with admin about it

A lot of questionnaires that some companies put out and have a section asking for gender have a box marked 'other'. Would that be an option to add here and save all the confusion? If anyone is interested in more details of the person's gender they could pm that person and ask.

Leeds Bouverie Court LS9

"A lot of questionnaires that some companies put out and have a section asking for gender have a box marked 'other'. Would that be an option to add here and save all the confusion? If anyone is interested in more details of the person's gender they could pm that person and ask. "

Yeah, it would be great if there was some kind of option for people that don't feel like they want to be classed as either gener- I am agender so if there was a "Non-binary" option I would click it in a heartbeat. Not sure how comfortable I would be if I was coined an "other" though haha.

But trans men are men. Trans women are women. They should be able to label themselves as such if that is what they want.

Leeds Bouverie Court LS9

"There are pre op trans women on this site and have the category of woman on profile , just have a chat with admin about it "

How does someone contact admin?

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

On other sites the TS/TV is an additional option, to be used in conjunction with male or female, rather than a sex in its own right. So you can choose which gender you identify with and also signify being trans.

doncaster

"There are pre op trans women on this site and have the category of woman on profile , just have a chat with admin about it

How does someone contact admin?"

the contact button is right at the bottom of your profile home page , click on it and take it from there

Leeds Bouverie Court LS9

"On other sites the TS/TV is an additional option, to be used in conjunction with male or female, rather than a sex in its own right. So you can choose which gender you identify with and also signify being trans."

That potentially sounds like a better system

By *iAbbyTV/TS  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

A TV/TG/TS forum would be great. Would reduce abuse

Leeds Bouverie Court LS9

"A TV/TG/TS forum would be great. Would reduce abuse"

Also an awesome idea!

Isn't that a ghetto though? You will always have trolls?

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

No overhaul needed, it's, worked, perfectly well all these, years,. Ive been on here, over 12years and I'm happy to share this, group with others,. We are a minority group anyway so why fragment it even more,. This, would open up a, can of worms,. With so many different genders now, you will want others, wanting their very own little special group. That idea, needs, binning. I'm sorry if you don't like my stance but I see no need to alter anything

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

"No overhaul needed, it's, worked, perfectly well all these, years,. Ive been on here, over 12years and I'm happy to share this, group with others,. We are a minority group anyway so why fragment it even more,. This, would open up a, can of worms,. With so many different genders now, you will want others, wanting their very own little special group. That idea, needs, binning. I'm sorry if you don't like my stance but I see no need to alter anything "

The genders in question are just “man” and “woman” in this case, they aren’t new.

By *hor ThumbMan  over a year ago

bristol

If you have TG on your profile and someone gets arsey about your genitals, that's all about their tardy approach to studying a profile. The onus to offer any explanation not being the responsibility of the person who owns the profile. Make good use of the wheat n chaff button i say!

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

Why not just put "T" to represent the whole of "trans" community rather than Tv or Ts or Tg.

Just T.

» Add a new message to this topic