FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Single Messages Disappearing

Single Messages Disappearing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eddax OP   Man  over a year ago

Nr Penzance

I started chatting to this woman on here a few weeks ago, we had a bit of back and forth, and then the conversation stopped and my message was left on 'Unread' in the sent folder.

Now, I just chalked this up to her either no longer being interested, or my message had got buried under the mountain of other messages I imagine she was receiving (I know how it goes for women on here, and she was stunning), so I left it and moved on.

Then today, I noticed in my sent folder that my message to her was no longer yellow, and she had replied... but upon checking my inbox, there was no new message from her.

I thought this was weird, so I checked my sent message, and the last message I'd sent her was no longer there, but the rest of the conversation thread remained before that last message. I also checked her profile, and it says she hasn't been online for 2 weeks, so she wouldn't have been able to read or reply to it anyway.

I know sometimes old message threads get deleted, but this was just a single message, with the rest of the thread being left intact. So, I guess I'm just wondering if this is a bug, or a feature to free up extra space on the server?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

Unread messages get deleted after (some say 2 weeks, personally i left a message and it went 7 days later) a shortish time so maybe that applies even if its in a thread?

By *eddax OP   Man  over a year ago

Nr Penzance

Ah, that does make sense actually... I assumed the whole thread was deleted, but I guess it would have just been the one unread message! Thank you!

By *ickdasterdly51Man  over a year ago

Lingfield

Does the message get deleted from the recipients inbox as well or just the sender's sent items? Do I need to resend the message? This couple haven't logged in for four weeks but I'm hoping they will and read my message so I need to know whether to resend it or not.

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

Not sure why an unread message would only be deleted from a sent box?

» Add a new message to this topic