FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Block all selected sexes

Block all selected sexes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So say I wanted to block all guys/TV's seeing my profile have a switch that blocks all of them. Im fed up with explaining I'm not in to guys. I know the fabs I get for pics will go down. but I can live with that I think!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You can't stop anyone from looking (plus how would they know vital info without being able to see your profile) you can stop single men messaging though, in your settings

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Why would it bother you if anyone can see your profile ss long as they cant message you

If you post public puctures you have to accept everyone can see them otherwise make all pics friends only

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

This crops up every so often. As others have said is it really that much of an issue if guys etc can see and fab your pictures as long as they can't message? You won't catch anything you know...

So single girls could block you (single man) from looking at their pics if they didn’t want to meet a guy? good idea.

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

"This crops up every so often. As others have said is it really that much of an issue if guys etc can see and fab your pictures as long as they can't message? You won't catch anything you know... "

Well said!

Message filters are there for a reason op.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

We don't want to block messages from single straight guys but it's not possible to block bi/bi-curious guys for some reason.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

As others have said you can block various people from messaging using message filters. You're in the right section to make suggestions though

It's worth remembering that if it's possible to block single men from viewing profiles it might not be just single men who use the option. Single women and couples might too.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Don't communicate with anyone you don't want to. No reply means not interested.

Use filters to just get messages from those you want

"We don't want to block messages from single straight guys but it's not possible to block bi/bi-curious guys for some reason. "

Even more would then pretend to be straight on their profile to get around it. So it would just make it even more hard for yourselves.

Bexley

"We don't want to block messages from single straight guys but it's not possible to block bi/bi-curious guys for some reason.

Even more would then pretend to be straight on their profile to get around it. So it would just make it even more hard for yourselves."

Agreed it wouldn't be a prefect solution because anyone can pretend to be anything in order to get around filters.

It's odd that bi & gay guys are the only group which can't be filtered out. Well apart from idiots that is lol

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"We don't want to block messages from single straight guys but it's not possible to block bi/bi-curious guys for some reason. "
Just block all men and do your own search

Hi

By *rchard thiefMan  over a year ago

flippin accy

Also, guys 'not looking for single guys" can't be filtered either, so they can and do message me but I can't message them, not that I would. I probably have a bit more self respect

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

"Also, guys 'not looking for single guys" can't be filtered either, so they can and do message me but I can't message them, not that I would. I probably have a bit more self respect "

If someone has messaged you, you can indeed message them unless they block you personally, regardless of what filters they have.

Previous contact, winks etc bypass the filters.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"Also, guys 'not looking for single guys" can't be filtered either, so they can and do message me but I can't message them, not that I would. I probably have a bit more self respect "

If it says 'not looking for single guys' their message filter to stop single men messaging is active try it for yourself, it'll show on your profile if you activate the message filter to stop single men.

By *rchard thiefMan  over a year ago

flippin accy

Yes, I'm aware of that feature. But my point is, for me as a single guy looking to meet single guys, for me to be able to filter guys "not looking for single guys" or maybe if they have blocked single guys they shouldn't be able to message them.

I do actually ignore their messages but I would rather not receive them.

By *amillMan  over a year ago

Warrington

"Yes, I'm aware of that feature. But my point is, for me as a single guy looking to meet single guys, for me to be able to filter guys "not looking for single guys" or maybe if they have blocked single guys they shouldn't be able to message them.

I do actually ignore their messages but I would rather not receive them. "

You can use the search feature to block out people who don’t meet what you’re looking for, if I’ve read your post correctly?

Bexley

"We don't want to block messages from single straight guys but it's not possible to block bi/bi-curious guys for some reason. Just block all men and do your own search "

Thanks. Yes that's possible but it's unnecessarily cumbersome and the question remains as to why bi/bi-curious guys can't be blocked when MM couples can be for example. If it's a software limitation we'd understand but there's no explanation from admin.

"So single girls could block you (single man) from looking at their pics if they didn’t want to meet a guy? good idea. "

Genuine question then. If they've no interest in meeting single men why would that be a problem if they block us? Surely that's actually a helpful filter for you or am I missing something here?

"Yes, I'm aware of that feature. But my point is, for me as a single guy looking to meet single guys, for me to be able to filter guys "not looking for single guys" or maybe if they have blocked single guys they shouldn't be able to message them.

I do actually ignore their messages but I would rather not receive them. "

It would make a lot of sense OP. It would also help everyone on fab to reduce unwanted messages.

There are many ladies who complain a lot about the masses of messages, some of it because they don't use current filters very well, some because filters are inadequate, some inconsistent.

The downside is there would be a lot less traffic on the servers and therefore less revenue for fab. They need to try to balance the revenue.

» Add a new message to this topic