FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Change the ratio

Change the ratio

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amera man 25 OP   Man  over a year ago

Honley Huddersfield

There has always been far more active men than women on this site. Right now the ratio has become even more unbalanced with one woman posting she has had 4000 emails!

I would suggest the administrators offer big incentives e.g. free membership periods for women only to attempt to redress this imbalance

What do others think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *amillMan  over a year ago

Warrington

Personally I don’t think there’s much you can do to swing the ratio of women to men on here, the same is true for most dating sites unfortunately it’s one of those things.

Even if they were to offer free membership to women, how does fab go about advertising that? This site isn’t exactly well advertised as it is and understandably not everyone is going to want to sign up compared to another website like Tinder, POF etc.

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

More women would stay if they wasn't slaughtered with messages, it scares them off. Yes there are filters but they are pretty pants as its not just messages alter!

Plus men don't help themselves, my profile is pretty much "fuck off" and does state don't message me yet since I got home from work 2 hours ago iv had around 30 "hey" pointless, unsolicited messages. Its pretty thumb consuming hitting the little x on a curved screen.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"More women would stay if they wasn't slaughtered with messages, it scares them off. Yes there are filters but they are pretty pants as its not just messages alter!

Plus men don't help themselves, my profile is pretty much "fuck off" and does state don't message me yet since I got home from work 2 hours ago iv had around 30 "hey" pointless, unsolicited messages. Its pretty thumb consuming hitting the little x on a curved screen."

Hey

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"There has always been far more active men than women on this site. Right now the ratio has become even more unbalanced with one woman posting she has had 4000 emails!

I would suggest the administrators offer big incentives e.g. free membership periods for women only to attempt to redress this imbalance

What do others think?"

Why should it matter if no one is meeting.

Don't worry about others be the best you can be.

Not everyone will be attracted to you.

Not everyone will be successful on the site.

Why entice more women to meet the needs of men?

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

"There has always been far more active men than women on this site. Right now the ratio has become even more unbalanced with one woman posting she has had 4000 emails!

What do others think?"

It’ll only result in more men pretending to be women. It won’t get women to join who wouldn’t otherwise be interested, and it won’t make women interested in men they wouldn’t otherwise look at twice. Or do you think that because they’re in some way benefitting financially from being here, that they’ll have to meet whoever asks?

Photo verification should be mandatory in order for your profile to stay active. There should be some sort of verification process to stop every Tom dick and Harry from joining ... maybe a credit/debit card verification system or something that stops the timewasters setting up a new profile every 2 days. Plus this may dissuade some of the people on here who blatantly lie about their relationship status in the real world ...... that should cut down some of the male members

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

The site is already free to women (and men) so cost is not a barrier to getting involved. A bigger issue is probably the attrition of women caused by the number and types of messages they get before they learn how to use filters and get familiar with the block and delete buttons.If they leave disillusioned or disgusted by what comes into their inbox then it's a loss to the site.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

What do others think?"

I’ve had 55 messages today mostly saying ‘nice tits’ from married men playing away. Maybe look at the quality of person rather than the number. Men don’t not get meets because there is lots of men. Men don’t get meets because their approach is shit

South

"Photo verification should be mandatory in order for your profile to stay active. There should be some sort of verification process to stop every Tom dick and Harry from joining ... maybe a credit/debit card verification system or something that stops the timewasters setting up a new profile every 2 days. Plus this may dissuade some of the people on here who blatantly lie about their relationship status in the real world ...... that should cut down some of the male members "

I wouldn’t photo verify ... haven’t and would leave if I had to as would most single women I chat to on here so self defeating maybe

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

What do others think?"

There are plenty of other sites that do this, men pay, women free. There are also sites that are free to join but to read or send messages you need a subscription. Are they better? If you think they are, go and join them!

By *9er_fanMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Photo verification should be mandatory in order for your profile to stay active. There should be some sort of verification process to stop every Tom dick and Harry from joining ... maybe a credit/debit card verification system or something that stops the timewasters setting up a new profile every 2 days. Plus this may dissuade some of the people on here who blatantly lie about their relationship status in the real world ...... that should cut down some of the male members "

Making people get photo verified would certainly put a stop to female and couple profiles that are really just a guy.

It won't stop people lying about their relationship status, and I'm not giving out my card details. I like the way site supporter works.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Perhaps the older blank profiles that complain about no replies, meets etc should have a rethink about how they could make their chances better on here by improving their profiles. Personally speaking, I wouldn't bother interacting with a blank profile that says it's more than a month old. A month is ample time to set it up properly and make the most of the tools you have at your disposal. This goes for men, women and couples. Remember, pics don't have to be face ones.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's already free to be a member of fab.

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

Plenty of tools to stop unwanted emails from plenty of tools

You can filter newbies, non verified, no photos or not a site supporter, all of which would go some way to out the fakes and re-joiners. Worth doing.

What do others think?

I’ve had 55 messages today mostly saying ‘nice tits’ from married men playing away. Maybe look at the quality of person rather than the number. Men don’t not get meets because there is lots of men. Men don’t get meets because their approach is shit "

This!

"Plenty of tools to stop unwanted emails from plenty of tools

You can filter newbies, non verified, no photos or not a site supporter, all of which would go some way to out the fakes and re-joiners. Worth doing. "

How can you stop it ?

"Perhaps the older blank profiles that complain about no replies, meets etc should have a rethink about how they could make their chances better on here by improving their profiles. Personally speaking, I wouldn't bother interacting with a blank profile that says it's more than a month old. A month is ample time to set it up properly and make the most of the tools you have at your disposal. This goes for men, women and couples. Remember, pics don't have to be face ones. "

I fully agree with you on this. A poor profile is down to the individual. A bit of thought and be creative with your pics. Far too many cock pics that are simply off putting to the majority of my female friends.

I've suggested this a few times that any newbies shouldn't be allowed to send a private message or wink for at least 5-7 days. They can use the forums and get to grips with how things work etc. I think this would possibly help keep some new ladies that join and get overwhelmed by the messages and then delete and go. It would reduce those that delete and return straight away to get around blocks and bans. It would reduce the number of harassment issues that regularly crop up with stalkers too.

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

There are easier ways to meet the opposite sex than using dating or swingers sites.

South

"I've suggested this a few times that any newbies shouldn't be allowed to send a private message or wink for at least 5-7 days. They can use the forums and get to grips with how things work etc. I think this would possibly help keep some new ladies that join and get overwhelmed by the messages and then delete and go. It would reduce those that delete and return straight away to get around blocks and bans. It would reduce the number of harassment issues that regularly crop up with stalkers too."

Ooh that’s a good idea! Can we also stop d*unk men from messaging?

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Laceby

You will never balance the ratios. Surely the more women on here, the more men will flock to the site?!

The way to address the balance (individually) is to stand out from the crowd somehow

C

What do others think?"

Why? Is it to make it “easier” for you to meet or something?

It’s a free site where anyone can join, I think it should stay as such, and I myself receive hundreds of messages when my profile is visible.

But I use my filters, and I delete what I’m not interested in.

I think instead of focusing on the ratio people should focus on enjoying the site for what it is!

"I've suggested this a few times that any newbies shouldn't be allowed to send a private message or wink for at least 5-7 days. They can use the forums and get to grips with how things work etc. I think this would possibly help keep some new ladies that join and get overwhelmed by the messages and then delete and go. It would reduce those that delete and return straight away to get around blocks and bans. It would reduce the number of harassment issues that regularly crop up with stalkers too."

But most of the messages we get as ladies when we first join aren’t from newbies, they’re from seasoned users with verifications.

At least in my experience. You can block newbies from messaging.

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

I think many don't see swinging but just think free sex, without knowing anything about the lifestyle. Sometimes I'm amazed by the naivety on here that I read in posts and threads!

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

What do others think?"

More women doesn't mean that each one will get less messages or that more men will get meets (when allowed)

All it means is that more women will get the same volume of messages from the same men.

More women doesn't mean they'll drop their standards and meet men lower down the pecking order

The only way is to up your game on fab

By *uicy jugsWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

What do others think?"

If more men took there time to chat to women rather than immediately jump into i wanna meet u mode especially during the lockdown women would feel more secure in joining ... i have to confirm everytime i am not meeting till safe even tho its clear on my profile ... learn to respect that not all women want to spend there free time making u cum with sexting ... i am looking to meet genuine people for live meets when this is over not satisfy a guy who has no intention of actualy swinging

Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 30/01/21 15:04:21]

Nottingham

"I think many don't see swinging but just think free sex, without knowing anything about the lifestyle. Sometimes I'm amazed by the naivety on here that I read in posts and threads! "

» Add a new message to this topic