FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Who's looked at me/message filters

Who's looked at me/message filters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I keep my message filters on to exclude Single Men and Tv/ts/cd from messaging as it's just admin heavy (not humble-bragging, but it gets ridiculous).

However, I can still see Tv/ts/cd in the who has looked at me list but not single men.

I'd like to be able to see single men in the who's looked at me list as it does show me who's interested but I engage only if I want to.

Is there a reason it's set up like this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes. I think this would be useful.. But can't see it being offered. (by the way.. I looked at you )

I looked as well... But it says your not looking for single men?

[Removed by poster at 04/02/21 14:27:49]

"I looked as well... But it says your not looking for single men? "

yes, it says that when I've turned on message filters for single men, it's not that Im not looking, just dont want unsolicited messages...

I actually wish there was a filter to block to TV/TS from looking at my profile. No offense x

"I looked as well... But it says your not looking for single men?

yes, it says that when I've turned on message filters for single men, it's not that Im not looking, just dont want unsolicited messages..."

Only way for what you're after with current filters is to block men and then look yourself. Means it's a bit harder work for you but sorry no other way.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"I actually wish there was a filter to block to TV/TS from looking at my profile. No offense x"

You can message filter certain groups from messaging you. https://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

You can't prevent any group from viewing you.

"I actually wish there was a filter to block to TV/TS from looking at my profile. No offense x

You can message filter certain groups from messaging you. https://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

You can't prevent any group from viewing you."

I've got my message filters on, thanks anyway x

" Only way for what you're after with current filters is to block men and then look yourself. Means it's a bit harder work for you but sorry no other way."

I wasn't asking for help with the site, I was giving Feedback to Fab.

My point is that single men don't show in my who's looked at me list but TVs do, even though I have messages for both filtered.

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

" Only way for what you're after with current filters is to block men and then look yourself. Means it's a bit harder work for you but sorry no other way.

My point is that single men don't show in my who's looked at me list but TVs do, even though I have messages for both filtered.

"

It's also interesting that only single men show as not looking too.

Perhaps it will be just upload more pictures and see who might have fab'd them?

" Only way for what you're after with current filters is to block men and then look yourself. Means it's a bit harder work for you but sorry no other way.

"

It's maybe because some men have chosen to not show up on your looked at me list but that would be a weird thing to do as not all men do that. Just a thought x

"I keep my message filters on to exclude Single Men and Tv/ts/cd from messaging as it's just admin heavy (not humble-bragging, but it gets ridiculous).

However, I can still see Tv/ts/cd in the who has looked at me list but not single men.

I'd like to be able to see single men in the who's looked at me list as it does show me who's interested but I engage only if I want to.

Is there a reason it's set up like this?"

You do know that you've got TV/TS listed in your own 'looking for' list so maybe that's why they can look at you.

You have it set to 'not looking for single men' so that is probably why single men don't show up as looking at you yet TV/TS do.

"I keep my message filters on to exclude Single Men and Tv/ts/cd from messaging as it's just admin heavy (not humble-bragging, but it gets ridiculous).

You do know that you've got TV/TS listed in your own 'looking for' list so maybe that's why they can look at you.

You have it set to 'not looking for single men' so that is probably why single men don't show up as looking at you yet TV/TS do."

I was thinking the same thing too. Probably most likely reason that they're not showing up x

You have it set to 'not looking for single men' so that is probably why single men don't show up as looking at you yet TV/TS do.

I was thinking the same thing too. Probably most likely reason that they're not showing up x"

Yes this is the exact reason. If you change your looking for settings single men will show up.

It's not really a feedback issue because it's due to your own settings xx

"You do know that you've got TV/TS listed in your own 'looking for' list so maybe that's why they can look at you.

I was thinking the same thing too. Probably most likely reason that they're not showing up x"

That’s not the case, I do have it set up to look for single men, Fab is interpreting the 2 groups differently- it’s not my setting.

You have it set to 'not looking for single men' so that is probably why single men don't show up as looking at you yet TV/TS do."

She wasn't asking for help

kinky land

"

That’s not the case, I do have it set up to look for single men, Fab is interpreting the 2 groups differently- it’s not my setting."

It's is only the message filter,

for single men specifically,

that has an impact on your looked at me list.

Single men are the only group that are removed from, looked at me, when they are message filtered out.

Anyone of any group that has individually, opted to not show on looked at me lists, also won't show. (Frequently called stealth mode here on the forums)

Your looking for preferences have no impact on your looked at me list directly. It could have an impact secondarily in that men searching profiles, that are looking for single men, will see your profile in their search results. That will likely increase traffic to your profile from the groups you are looking for.

To see the single males (not in stealth) you will need to deactivate the message filter for single men, and then look.

But as described above is only for single women, I am shown it works differently for single men.

I now understand this is a policy by Fab specifically and deliberately to persuade single women to keep message filters on.

"filters on."

Filters off - that should of said...

And I know it’s all my choice, and that this is my personal opinion, but if you’re trying to persuade more women to join- and stay- then helping us to avoid the barrage of messages as soon as we’re online would be helpful..

"filters on.

Filters off - that should of said...

And I know it’s all my choice, and that this is my personal opinion, but if you’re trying to persuade more women to join- and stay- then helping us to avoid the barrage of messages as soon as we’re online would be helpful.. "

Perhaps I've missed something said above, if so apologies, but looking at your profile, you list TVs, as a. group you are looking for, where as men are excluded, as you would like them to be. Perhaps if you remove TVs from your preferences that might stop them showing up so regularly or even at all. As for the single guy issue, it does seem odd. I personally switch off the 'looked at me' thingy, as men are criticised for 'over-perving' (for want of a better phrase) -perhaps most other guys do too.

kinky land

"But as described above is only for single women, I am shown it works differently for single men. "

** My understanding is it works the same for everyone but I will ask some men friends and couple friends to check

The easiest way I found, to see the single men viewing (those not in stealth) but without being flooded with messages. Is to change my message settings, by allowing everyone to message but reversing my age settings to from 98 to 96 (so reversing the two ages to higher then lower) and activating that one message filter.

Many groups, not just single women like to see the couples/single females/others on their looked at me. Without having to scroll past the men listed. So I don't personally think it is a site policy to 'persuade single women to keep message filters on'

" but looking at your profile, you list TVs, as a. group you are looking for, where as men are excluded, as you would like them to be. "

I assure you that I have looking for single men turned on, as well as TVs - what you see is not what my settings are set to.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

Is there some confusion between the "Looking for:" setting under "Account Details" and the "Males (blocked) Allow them" setting under "Message Filters", which generates the "Not looking for single guys" message on your profile and causes them to disappear from the "Last 100 people who viewed your profile" list for females and couples?

"Is there some confusion between the "Looking for:" setting under "Account Details" and the "Males (blocked) Allow them" setting under "Message Filters", which generates the "Not looking for single guys" message on your profile and causes them to disappear from the "Last 100 people who viewed your profile" list for females and couples?

"

There's no reason why men shouldn't still show up on her looked at me list but there could be a glitch. The fact that it still says the OP isn't looking for single guys in her profile, tells me that she's blocked them from messaging but it shouldn't stop them from showing up. Something strange going on me thinks x

When I had my previous profile at one point I did block single guys from messaging me as I was getting too much mail but they were still showing up on my "looked at me" list so there's obviously something up with the OP's filters and settings x

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"The fact that it still says the OP isn't looking for single guys in her profile, tells me that she's blocked them from messaging but it shouldn't stop them from showing up. Something strange going on me thinks x"
Unfortunately, I can't find the original thread, but you'll find reference to it in the following threads https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/help/63857 & https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/help/439828

If I remember correctly, in response to couples (and single females?) complaining that they weren't looking for single males, but that the majority of the 100 on their looked@me list were single males, and it stopped them seeing the females and couples that they were interested in, Admin introduced a feature, only for couples (and single females?), that IF they had blocked single males from messaging then the offending single males wouldn't appear on their list.

** This was introduced several years ago, and it's possible that the feature has been removed since!

That’s interesting, thanks.

As a further experiment, I now have single men ticked as my only interest in my account settings and my public profile still says I’m not interested in single men. It is only when I also allow single men to message me that the profile text changes.

Anyway, I didn't mean this to be such a long thread, it was just meant as feedback to Admin...

» Add a new message to this topic