FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Notification if someone quotes your post

Notification if someone quotes your post

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *2000Man OP   Man  over a year ago

Worthing

Hey guys! First of all loving the site...keep up the good work. One item which would be useful is a pm message notification if someone quotes your post in a reply. Sometimes people have done this and I've not seen the response for a long time! Cheers!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This is something I'd quite like. It'd be easier to keep up with a forum conversation.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

Keeping up with and even navigating threads here is pretty difficult. It's not even possible to search through your own posts. Anything which makes this easier would be very welcome and would make the forums a more user friendly place to be.

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

Agreed, the forums could do with plenty of extra quality of life improvements including this.

Not sure we will see it happen any time soon though. Improvements seem very slow to come.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"Agreed, the forums could do with plenty of extra quality of life improvements including this.

Not sure we will see it happen any time soon though. Improvements seem very slow to come. "

The most needed improvement would be identifying the start and finish of each quote and also its author when they get regurgitated in a long conversation.

I try to keep previous quotes confined to only the one I am directly answering, by either editing out the others or by judicious use of ellipses (...) to indicate a logical break in the authorship.

The simplest solution would be for the system to timestamp each item quoted.

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

notifications would be good

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Definitely.

And being able to like people's comments too.

By *ydia_LovegoodWoman  over a year ago

St. Ives

"Hey guys! First of all loving the site...keep up the good work. One item which would be useful is a pm message notification if someone quotes your post in a reply. Sometimes people have done this and I've not seen the response for a long time! Cheers!"

Great idea!!

By *ingle_clean_friendlyMan  over a year ago

blackpool

Fantastic idea.

» Add a new message to this topic