FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Kids in approved pictures.....

Kids in approved pictures.....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why bother reporting these pics, twice this morning i have reported a profile/avatar pic with a young girl in and its still on.....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We've checked and this has now been dealt with.

Much as we'd love to be, Admin isn't "at the keyboard" 24/7 but on average most reports are dealt with within an hour or two

Admin x

I totally appreciate that there isnt a mod around 24/, but i thought as it was quite a serious issue it may have been dealt with a bit quicker than 3 hours.

Thanks for fedback.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

well not if no mods were on at the time or it was in a long list of bitchiness, moans and pointless reports about some slight or another.... i guess it can become difficult sifting through them.

I appreciate that, but surely if i spotted said cild in background then someboy else must have!!

"I appreciate that, but surely if i spotted said cild in background then someboy else must have!! "

Then possibly have the moderators and sdmin team try set up a suspend pic button it's easily done if there is particular type of content that's in appropriate so the pic is suspended until mods can review it although people may abuse the feature

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Sorry to say I saw one yesterday that has three litle ones in the background as is still on after reporting yester and today.

I appreciate the job that the pic mods do, but this one has slipped through badly

Forum Mod

"Sorry to say I saw one yesterday that has three litle ones in the background as is still on after reporting yester and today.

I appreciate the job that the pic mods do, but this one has slipped through badly"

Please report the profile again

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

I thought all the pic we upload go to approval first...Admin??????

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Mistakes happen as the pic mods are human.

i reported a guy use in fack face pic i know the guy he is use in and he is nt on here and the profile is still on here

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Thanks folks, this has now been sorted.

Can I just say, yes things slip through and things get missed.

But thanks for sorting and thanks for all the good work the UNPAID mods do

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I'm...saying...nothing!

By *utty tartWoman  over a year ago

the house of sin

"Thanks folks, this has now been sorted.

Can I just say, yes things slip through and things get missed.

But thanks for sorting and thanks for all the good work the UNPAID mods do"

well said the mods do a THANKLESS JOB N UNPAID TOO ,

often i have seen pics with kiddys on n reported the pic, if the pic is still on the day after i report again n often i will metion it to a mod just incase the admin team are busy at time so if the mods kno too then i know it wont b forgotten...

as said b4 the mods are only human n errors do occur n most are soon sorted ,

WELL DUN MODS N ADMIN ,KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ON KEEPING THIS SITE GOING ,!

Why in the name of all that is sensible would anyone use a pic with their kids on here, you have got to be really friggin dumb to do that

sum ppl r just that ,,,DUMB ,,,

"Why bother reporting these pics, twice this morning i have reported a profile/avatar pic with a young girl in and its still on....."
some sick people around and good people thank god for people like you

Sick that people upload these and even some of the 'sluttiest' of ladies have morals not do so !!

Monitoring this is not easy though and perhaps a penalty for doing so in way of a courtroom or ban would be an idea to minimise ??

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think people are getting carried away.

Some people do it by mistake, it is easy to upload the wrong picture from your PC if you are uploading a face pic and it is in the same folder as your family pics.....there are also some people just don't think when picking which pic to use and upload it anyway.

It is obviously not allowed on the site and they are normally rejected...those that slip through obviously need reporting.

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

"I think people are getting carried away.

Some people do it by mistake, it is easy to upload the wrong picture from your PC if you are uploading a face pic and it is in the same folder as your family pics.....there are also some people just don't think when picking which pic to use and upload it anyway.

It is obviously not allowed on the site and they are normally rejected...those that slip through obviously need reporting. "

I agree with you Rugby. There's a whole world of difference between someone posting a pic that shows themselves in a normal situation and their kids are in the background, and someone posting a picture of a child specifically or worse a child in a compromising situation.

Mistakes happen from both the poster and by the site admin, and if quickly rectified then thats fine. Sites like Facebook, who have paid admin people by the thousand can take weeks to remove offensive profiles and pictures, even having to wait for the worst cases to make the press first, so 3 hours as reported in the thread seems amazingly fast to me.

Just to clarify, does having photographs of children in the background still have to be withdrawn?

There are loads on profiles and personally find it distasteful and also a risk for the kids identity.

Speaking of kids, there was a photo of a couple of goats in the gallery the other day

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yes, photos of kids in the background isn't allowed either

I am having trouble trying to delete some of my photo's that are on my profile page. I have clicked on the "delete" button, but nothing happens. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?.

"Yes, photos of kids in the background isn't allowed either "

Could you not add a line in the 'Photo Rules' section, in bold type, in the point about 'No under 18's' to say MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CHECKED THE BACKGROUND OF YOUR PICS FOR FAMILY PHOTOS OF UNDER 18'S ...?

I know you can't cover every eventuality, but I see that example time and again in profiles. I usually send the person/couple a polite message to let them know - the one or two who reply are usually thankful to have it pointed out as they hadn't even given it any consideration.

"I think people are getting carried away.

It is obviously not allowed on the site and they are normally rejected...those that slip through obviously need reporting.

I agree with you Rugby. There's a whole world of difference between someone posting a pic that shows themselves in a normal situation and their kids are in the background, and someone posting a picture of a child specifically or worse a child in a compromising situation.

Mistakes happen from both the poster and by the site admin, and if quickly rectified then thats fine. Sites like Facebook, who have paid admin people by the thousand can take weeks to remove offensive profiles and pictures, even having to wait for the worst cases to make the press first, so 3 hours as reported in the thread seems amazingly fast to me."

And even though they are paid, Facebook relies on the users to report 'offending' pics - they haven't got the time (FB) themselves to look at every one...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Yes, photos of kids in the background isn't allowed either

Could you not add a line in the 'Photo Rules' section, in bold type, in the point about 'No under 18's' to say MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CHECKED THE BACKGROUND OF YOUR PICS FOR FAMILY PHOTOS OF UNDER 18'S ...?

I know you can't cover every eventuality, but I see that example time and again in profiles. I usually send the person/couple a polite message to let them know - the one or two who reply are usually thankful to have it pointed out as they hadn't even given it any consideration.

"

I can't add lines to the rules no, but Admin can and I don't think it would hurt to have them elaborated, but we are assuming people will read them

"we are assuming people will read them "

does beg the question of the mentality of the uploader; surely due to the nature of the site it would be obvious to remove others from the background - ESPECIALLY minors

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"we are assuming people will read them

does beg the question of the mentality of the uploader; surely due to the nature of the site it would be obvious to remove others from the background - ESPECIALLY minors "

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

I uploaded a pic from my phone recently and hadnt seen my child was behind the person taking the pic and caus I was infront of a mirror you could see my child. I had a standard mail telling me why it was cancelled....I was mortified as hadnt noticed it.

When I load a pic on from my mobile it only comes up with the small pics for me to choose from so mine was a mistake and I was mortified.

Admin are doing their job tho and am pleased about it x

I was attempting to upload pictures from my phone and managed to upload 3 pictures one of my kid, my dog and the view from my house.

Had to quickly race to delete them before the pics mods did hahahaha!

» Add a new message to this topic