FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Separate TV and TS categories

Separate TV and TS categories

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ileen_cd OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin

Hi Forumers,

Would you think that the separation of TV (crossdresser) and TS (transsexual) categories is a good idea?

Currently there is one category TV/TS, but there is a considerable difference between those who have or are transitioning to another gender and people who crossdress.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

This topic has been done to death, if you do a forum search, and always ends up being a slanging match between the various parties..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don’t see why they can’t be separated. There’s a bigger difference than between bisexual and bi-curious and they have separate profile classifications.

Simple. Answer. Yes. But it won’t happen anytime soon on here.

Transwomenarewomen. Transvestites are not

Shall I get the popcorn out again ?

Dublin

Well, let's put aside the discussion of differences If we can just agree that differences exist, then the separation of categories is justified.

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

Let's not keep rehashing this subject

By *ast_jjMan  over a year ago

Dublin and London

I completely agree it makes sense and there is a difference. Have admin commented on this? It would be good to hear the rational behind not making the change.

By *obbie BelleTV/TS  over a year ago

Preston, Lancaster, Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 05/07/21 17:36:59]

By *obbie BelleTV/TS  over a year ago

Preston, Lancaster, Blackpool

Intriguing.

Normally this topic is started by straight guys.

This occasion by a "CD"

So is she / he looking for promotion?

If one reads a profile and looks at the pictures available, one can then send a message.

Provided one meets the criteria of the profilee.

I don't see an issue.

If someone has transitioned then register as the gender they have become.

Simples.

Hope this helps.

stockport

Yawn

[Removed by poster at 07/07/21 14:19:06]

There's a big difference between someone who crossdresses now and then, to a full time transvestite and to a person who has transitioned to completely change their gender.

A TS could also be a person who has transitioned to being male. Whilst CD/TV could apply to women dressing as men, this isn't the context or definition that these words have been given by the community over the decades.

If someone is looking for a female to male TS or vice versa, how will they know that they're not just a CD/TV and an actual woman or man without opening every single profile and reading it (and there will be a LOT of CD/TV to go through, especially on Fabguys).

There should be some 21st century options available.

"Yawn"

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

So a TS post op is now a …woman. Pre-Op she can class herself as a …woman.

So let’s just remove the TS tag eh

So the easily confused or those that haven’t the ability to read a profile, will make it easier for them

stockport

This whole thread is just designed to wind people up and frankly the subject has been done to death.

Dublin

"This whole thread is just designed to wind people up and frankly the subject has been done to death."

My intentions are noble, and I resent your attitude. If you say that the topic had been done to death, pray tell what was the revolution? Was there a resolution, or were there just needless insults and pointless yawns?

Now you have wound me up. Doing that often here?

stockport

The subject is deserved of a yawn because its been repeated too often.Admin have not altered the categories despite it being suggested on a number of occasions.

Cheshire

"This whole thread is just designed to wind people up and frankly the subject has been done to death.

My intentions are noble, and I resent your attitude. If you say that the topic had been done to death, pray tell what was the revolution? Was there a resolution, or were there just needless insults and pointless yawns?

Now you have wound me up. Doing that often here?"

See the point I raised…if a TS is now a woman or man pre or post op, why even have a TS tag at all ?

They now live or actually are the sex they feel they are, so can categories themselves as that sex.

Dublin

"

See the point I raised…if a TS is now a woman or man pre or post op, why even have a TS tag at all ?

They now live or actually are the sex they feel they are... "

Thank you for the question. I can see where you are going, but this would be a matter of a completely separate discussion. It is not for you or I to decide which category other people want to use for themselves. All I want is the freedom to chose between the categories, not force anybody to conform to any of the categories.

By *iss Sassy PantsWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Put simply, the request needs to be put to a vote.

I'd personally recommend all those trans girls who are in some form of transition, to ID as female on here. Kills the topic overnight

At times, we need to listen to the trans community and heed their views. If a splitting is required, it should be made that way.

Lets not forget who pays for this site.

By *ast_jjMan  over a year ago

Dublin and London

Why don't admin just reply on this subject to explain why? That way at least we have a reason for their position?

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

I have met & had fun with TVs & TS pre & post op , why worry about trying to fit people into exact categories?

Nottingham

"I have met & had fun with TVs & TS pre & post op , why worry about trying to fit people into exact categories? "

Because most folks who are TS would rather not be labelled and categorised as a cross dresser.

TS’s should en masse chsnge their gender market in Fab to their new gender and ditch the TV//CD association

By *aimeDWoman  over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

I love these conversations.

Have a look back through these conversations and see how many times it’s the same people that are saying from the top of their lungs that there’s no need for it.

Then go onto see whether these people are from the group that are actually asking for more representative description. Hmm , many of them ?

People say that we should put in our profile and let others work it out. We all know people don’t read profiles.

People say that tv/ts is fine and encompasses us all. The vast majority of people here actively looking for tv/ts are looking for a girl/woman with the horrid term of “a little bit extra” and

People say we should join as a woman. The large majority of males looking in that category do not entertain the idea of being with a post op woman. And just FYI, although I am a woman , I also very proud of my trans past, I don’t want to hide that , it’s part of what makes me , me .

People say we shouldn’t label ourselves. Fab requires us to label ourselves as part of registration to the site.

People tell us …….. hang on, has anyone actually listened to our experiences and what we would like to happen rather than trying to tell us what how we should feel and that our experiences here are invalid ?

As always, listening to those that it affects and learning from others people’s experiences will always lead to respect and understanding

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"People say that tv/ts is fine and encompasses us all. The vast majority of people here actively looking for tv/ts are looking for a girl/woman with the horrid term of “a little bit extra” and ……"

Sorry missed the end of that train of thought

…..when they find out that’s long gone , they’re not longer interested

By *loria JamesTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

I could be wrong but it appears some of the women commenting are trans women who now categorise them selves as "women". So why don't transwomen just do this.

Trans is a wide spectrum especially on here, are we going to have sub categories like TV, CD etc.

Durham

"I love these conversations.

Have a look back through these conversations and see how many times it’s the same people that are saying from the top of their lungs that there’s no need for it.

Then go onto see whether these people are from the group that are actually asking for more representative description. Hmm , many of them ?

People say that we should put in our profile and let others work it out. We all know people don’t read profiles.

People say that tv/ts is fine and encompasses us all. The vast majority of people here actively looking for tv/ts are looking for a girl/woman with the horrid term of “a little bit extra” and

People say we should join as a woman. The large majority of males looking in that category do not entertain the idea of being with a post op woman. And just FYI, although I am a woman , I also very proud of my trans past, I don’t want to hide that , it’s part of what makes me , me .

People say we shouldn’t label ourselves. Fab requires us to label ourselves as part of registration to the site.

People tell us …….. hang on, has anyone actually listened to our experiences and what we would like to happen rather than trying to tell us what how we should feel and that our experiences here are invalid ?

As always, listening to those that it affects and learning from others people’s experiences will always lead to respect and understanding "

Sorry I've just read your post and do tend to agree with you. If there was a separate category would you no longer class yourself as a woman? Not trying to be awful just curious to know which you would prefer x

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"I could be wrong but it appears some of the women commenting are trans women who now categorise them selves as "women". So why don't transwomen just do this.

Trans is a wide spectrum especially on here, are we going to have sub categories like TV, CD etc. "

Thank you for perfectly highlighting my post, another person trying to tell transwomen what to do without listening to them as they try to explain their experiences

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

"I have met & had fun with TVs & TS pre & post op , why worry about trying to fit people into exact categories?

Because most folks who are TS would rather not be labelled and categorised as a cross dresser.

TS’s should en masse chsnge their gender market in Fab to their new gender and ditch the TV//CD association "

transition takes some people a long time & a lot of that time they are not physically that much different from a tv or cd

Durham

"I could be wrong but it appears some of the women commenting are trans women who now categorise them selves as "women". So why don't transwomen just do this.

Trans is a wide spectrum especially on here, are we going to have sub categories like TV, CD etc.

Thank you for perfectly highlighting my post, another person trying to tell transwomen what to do without listening to them as they try to explain their experiences "

I hadn't read you post when I first replied. Please look at my second post after I had.

If there was a category for Trans woman would you no longer class yourself as a woman on here? Be genuinely interested to know which you would prefer.

I do accept there is a huge difference with women like yourself who have fully transitioned. Personally I think a separate category would work if you don't feel comfortable under the "Woman" category (obviously referring to Fab only).

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Let's not keep rehashing this subject "
I'm sick to death of this topic. We don't need separate groups. This group is small enough anyway. Now can we bin it once and for all before all hell breaks loose. Let's just get on with our lives, x

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"I hadn't read you post when I first replied. Please look at my second post after I had.

If there was a category for Trans woman would you no longer class yourself as a woman on here? Be genuinely interested to know which you would prefer.

I do accept there is a huge difference with women like yourself who have fully transitioned. Personally I think a separate category would work if you don't feel comfortable under the "Woman" category (obviously referring to Fab only)."

Upon reading back my post, it came across as far more bitchy than I had intended, my sincere apologies for that

As for me, I have had “tv/ts” and I have had “woman” as my profile. For me “woman” is the best choice of what’s available but I’m so proud of my trans background too so yes, as far as a swinger site is concerned I probably would choose “transwoman” if it was available.

I think for me, the main point is that it’s always important to listen to those who are trying to express their experiences on both sides of the fence. I would absolutely love to hear the experiences of those who this would negatively affect so that I could understand their views better but it seems to be the same old arguments without any real insight.

For those that feel negatively about it please do say how it would affect you without resorting to “there’s too many choices”, “why label yourselves”, “no one wants it” , we’ve heard those before and why are more choices a bad thing, when labels are mandatory why would it be bad to have more appropriate labels available and finally the frequency with which this comes up should make it obvious people do want it

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"Let's not keep rehashing this subject I'm sick to death of this topic. We don't need separate groups. This group is small enough anyway. Now can we bin it once and for all before all hell breaks loose. Let's just get on with our lives, x"

You maybe sick of it because it’s not important to you, to others it is and they are sick of not having a more relevant option . Should they just shut up and put up?

Durham

"I hadn't read you post when I first replied. Please look at my second post after I had.

I do accept there is a huge difference with women like yourself who have fully transitioned. Personally I think a separate category would work if you don't feel comfortable under the "Woman" category (obviously referring to Fab only).

Upon reading back my post, it came across as far more bitchy than I had intended, my sincere apologies for that

As for me, I have had “tv/ts” and I have had “woman” as my profile. For me “woman” is the best choice of what’s available but I’m so proud of my trans background too so yes, as far as a swinger site is concerned I probably would choose “transwoman” if it was available.

I think for me, the main point is that it’s always important to listen to those who are trying to express their experiences on both sides of the fence. I would absolutely love to hear the experiences of those who this would negatively affect so that I could understand their views better but it seems to be the same old arguments without any real insight.

For those that feel negatively about it please do say how it would affect you without resorting to “there’s too many choices”, “why label yourselves”, “no one wants it” , we’ve heard those before and why are more choices a bad thing, when labels are mandatory why would it be bad to have more appropriate labels available and finally the frequency with which this comes up should make it obvious people do want it "

Personally I don't think it would matter to me. I would consider myself on the trans spectrum but I'm not fulltime and have no plans to transition.

I would consider myself different to some one who dresses purely for sex and definitely to some hairy bloke who puts on his wife panties and calls himself a TV. I would also accept there is a difference between someone in my position and someone who lives fulltime and may have gone through transition.

I can also see your point about having to explain your situation to a potential meet if you are in the woman category. Maybe a Transwoman category for people like yourself is the answer. I can also see why some would prefer to be in the "woman" group. That extra group would offer a choice and wouldn't be difficult for Fab to sort x

Nottingham

….thanks for speaking for all of us.

We need this subject ending via negotiation and a site wide poll

Durham

"….thanks for speaking for all of us.

We need this subject ending via negotiation and a site wide poll"

I wasn't speaking for anyone other than myself while I was having a discussion with another member.

Bit strange you want discussion but don't want other peoples opinions.

Nottingham

I wasn't speaking for anyone other than myself while I was having a discussion with another member.

"

The way you’d worded it sounded, shall we say, … was assumptive.

Durham

The way you’d worded it sounded, shall we say, … was assumptive. "

I think we shouldn't assume anything. However I did note you telling all TSs to move themselves into the female category. Perhaps you feel only your opinion counts.

I know this is has been an ongoing debate on here but yes I think they should be separated. As the OP says, there's a big difference between TV and TS. There's no reason why Fab shouldn't separate them x

Couple of points:

1) Can fab just do it to shut them up?

2) Having the right people talk to the site admins/owners about The Equality Act 2010 could be a way to hurry it up

stockport

Maybe the transsexuals should either accept the current situation on here or just jump ship.Sick and tired of this subject keep being brought up Absolutely nothing against TS as opposed to TV but the subject is getting rather tedious.

"I know this is has been an ongoing debate on here but yes I think they should be separated. As the OP says, there's a big difference between TV and TS. There's no reason why Fab shouldn't separate them x"

Issue is how do you police it?

A guy cant say there a woman on here or they get banned correct? So wouldnt it be the same if i was to put myself in the TS catagory? I look in reality no different to a pre op TS... Will fab start asking for proof of your goverment issued gender, like a driving lisence?

I think alot of you seem to fall for the typical Tranny Tiers that seems to be about, were TS's look down on TV's. It's well known within the community. My guess is alot of TV's see threads like this and feel its the same shit as that

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"Maybe the transsexuals should either accept the current situation on here or just jump ship.Sick and tired of this subject keep being brought up Absolutely nothing against TS as opposed to TV but the subject is getting rather tedious.

"

So in Pride season a member of the lgbt community is telling another in that community that they shouldn’t fight for something they believe in and accept the status quo for the happiness of others. To not rock the boat. Errr okay , forgive me while I quietly shake my head and weap in the corner.

And as for how do we police it…. for real ? All we’re talking about is having other options to help people express their authentic selves, no ones talking about identity theft here. Nothing at present stops a man creating a female profile and you’re concerned about someone misrepresenting where the fall on the trans spectrum?

Another argument I saw was about the “hierarchy” of transness. No one here is suggesting that any one section of the spectrum is more valid or worthwhile or better than any other, just that there are inherent differences in what it means when meeting sexually for each of us. Once again I ask how can it possibly be bad to have more options to allow people to express themselves fully ?

Durham

Personally I cant see an issue with having a separate Trans Woman grouping.

I would stay in the TV category

and wouldn't be offended by anyone in another group. Not sure it would really need policing, after all I often see a hairy bloke in his wife's knickers claiming to be a TV.

Im sure we'll all get the same amount of unsolicited dick pics no matter what group we're in.

Regardless of what we all think its highly unlikely that Fab will do anything about it though.

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"

Regardless of what we all think its highly unlikely that Fab will do anything about it though."

This is the ultimate irony isn’t it. I totally 100% believe that there enough interest and need for more categories but I also 100% believe that this site will never make the change.

I totally get why it’s frustrating to see the topic come up time and again and there being no hope for it ever to happen.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t blame the site owners or mods for not making the change , it’s a product of the site being free to join. It’s not exactly an eye popping feast of ultra modern web design but then again it’s also not massively commercial either. So the site kinda sits here and does what it’s always done because if it ain’t broke why fix it. That’s just my realist side coming out.

I’m sure the argument will rave on for sometime more and we’ll see the same faces come out with the same arguments why not to and whilst I realistically know it’s not going to happen, I fully believe it should and I’ll defend that position against people who think we should just shut up and put up. After all we never make progress in the lgbt community just by staying with the status quo and not opening up for discussion

Leave it as is. Works fine.

"I have met & had fun with TVs & TS pre & post op , why worry about trying to fit people into exact categories? "

It's beyond tedious.

These people trying to categorise people into more & more boxes.

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"Leave it as is. Works fine.

"

… in your view. Many other people have said it isn’t

"Maybe the transsexuals should either accept the current situation on here or just jump ship.Sick and tired of this subject keep being brought up Absolutely nothing against TS as opposed to TV but the subject is getting rather tedious.

So in Pride season a member of the lgbt community is telling another in that community that they shouldn’t fight for something they believe in and accept the status quo for the happiness of others. To not rock the boat. Errr okay , forgive me while I quietly shake my head and weap in the corner.

And as for how do we police it…. for real ? All we’re talking about is having other options to help people express their authentic selves, no ones talking about identity theft here. Nothing at present stops a man creating a female profile and you’re concerned about someone misrepresenting where the fall on the trans spectrum?

Another argument I saw was about the “hierarchy” of transness. No one here is suggesting that any one section of the spectrum is more valid or worthwhile or better than any other, just that there are inherent differences in what it means when meeting sexually for each of us. Once again I ask how can it possibly be bad to have more options to allow people to express themselves fully ? "

Quit your whining. Ultra Tedious

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"Quit your whining. Ultra Tedious"

So trans rights and trying to accommodate the feelings and experiences of everyone on the spectrum is tedious ?

What a forward thinking response

"Hi Forumers,

Would you think that the separation of TV (crossdresser) and TS (transsexual) categories is a good idea?

Currently there is one category TV/TS, but there is a considerable difference between those who have or are transitioning to another gender and people who crossdress.

"

So let’s cut to the chase... there are now over 20 terms to describe the many and varied people making up the trans spectrum. Yes 20+ Nevermind your dilemma... what does a women who identifies as a man do on fab?

Add to this fact that actually the majority of these terms govern a state of mind, not a physical change etc.

So, What is this split for? Some kind of elitist bollox by people not wishing to bundled with to quote a number of girls views “HPW’s” despite the fact that inevitably that’s exactly the stage those same girls will have travelled in the past.

If you split out TS... are we going to further split them part time/full time, are we going to separate out HRT, Pre op, post op. As people further transition will we shift them up and down groupings?

I like women and men... not all but in general a number of each sex. I don’t need categories of prettiness, skin tone, weight, boob job, no boob job etc to make my choices... I look at them all and message or wink the ones I personally like, seeing ones that aren’t for me does not cause any mortal offence. What’s the issue with those browsing tv/ts from doing exactly the same?

My hint... if you don’t feel your profile properly represents you... re-write the fucker. There’s a massive text box to get all your character and sexual identity across so use it.

Trans people in general need to spend less fucking time demanding rights and a bit more effort integrating and finding acceptance through demonstration of our worth. It’s no co-incidence Trans is the last taboo when we sit and feel outraged by this type of nothing to be honest.

", after all I often see a hairy bloke in his wife's knickers claiming to be a TV."

What kind of cockend statement is that? That person who you without any thought rubbish is a member of the trans community. That person could in 10 years time be living as a full time woman, you have zero right to speak down to them.

I’ve lived this life for nearly 30 years, in the early 90’s I was beaten up, on one occasion stabbed, I was arrested twice whilst the police tried to fabricate charges as is was under 21 the then age of consent for gay sex. Throughout that time I attended Pride, not a glorious flag waving celebration but the “listen to us, give us our rights” protest.

I can’t describe how sad it is after living through that age to see what a so called ‘sister’ does with the greater acceptance she now enjoys through others efforts... you chose to judge and be hateful, seriously you really should be fucking ashamed.

Cheshire

To be honest the more this subject comes up and the more the TS community wish to disassociate with the category of TV/TS then fine I’m on your side and will support you distancing yourself from us.

I will no longer see someone who has or wishes to transition as a woman or man, from now on they’re trans women or trans men. Never fully the sex they see themselves as, just some kind of sub category.

Then the men, women or couples that wish to meet you (id suspect the pre op would be the most popular), can find you a bit easier.

There has always been a hierarchy within this community and some Trans see themselves as something better than a TV, CD or HPW, due to living full time. So I no longer will ally myself to your cause, your struggles aren’t mine and if you wish to be on your own, get on with it.

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

"Put simply, the request needs to be put to a vote."

A democratic solution... I here that...

"

I'd personally recommend all those trans girls who are in some form of transition, to ID as female on here. Kills the topic overnight"

Totally...

"

At times, we need to listen to the trans community and heed their views. If a splitting is required, it should be made that way"

Absolutely...

"Lets not forget who pays for this site. "

Men....

Ps. Love what you do xx

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

I think people go overboard when these subjects come up and start trying to suggest what people should label themselves as. That isn’t the point of the question. The OP is suggesting a split of the category to allow more choice, there is nothing wrong with that. Being a transvestite and a transsexual aren’t the same thing, so the category should be seperate, to me. You might not think it matters, but if others do isn’t that ok?

I think there should be TV, trans male, trans female and non-binary added. It’s important people can identify as they see fit.

By *ess King tvTV/TS  over a year ago

KING'S LYNN

I think we T girls should be grateful to be even on the fringes of FAB classification. FAB after all is primarily for swinging couples, not single men, gay men, t-girls, etc ... couples! T-girls do pretty well thank you very much, so I say dont rock the boat x

Here and There

"I think we T girls should be grateful to be even on the fringes of FAB classification. FAB after all is primarily for swinging couples, not single men, gay men, t-girls, etc ... couples! T-girls do pretty well thank you very much, so I say dont rock the boat x"

I don’t think it’s just for couples. If singles weren’t meant to be here then we wouldn’t be able to be here. I don’t think T Girls need to be grateful, you should feel as welcome here as anyone. You definitely don’t need to keep quiet.

By *eanne VegasTV/TS  over a year ago

tameside

Why should anyone be labelled were all here for the same thing.

Here and There

"Why should anyone be labelled were all here for the same thing. "

It’s make it quite difficult to find what you’re looking for is there weren’t any categories at all.

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

The big problem with all of this granular classification is there's no real definitions set out, and we can self classify. The TS community are fairly well catered for in terms of pre- op and post-op, or they can choose to classify as a woman.

In the TV/CD community though is a lot more blended, and different people have different definitions of what they all mean. Somemight not want to be thought of as HPW's and prefer to be CD's. Some might want to be called TGirls (my personal choice if I get to choose!) Some are genderflexible, or genderqueer. Some non-binary.

FL has 13 different options for gender. Great for allowing users to self identify as they see fit. However if you wanted to search for one particular subset of the community it's still a roll of the dice if you'll find the type of person you're looking for.

I'd like to see Male, Female and Non-Binary as gender options, with an additional, optional tick box for TS, TV and CD to show the general personal preference. This sort of approach is used on modelling and escort sites and seems to work well. How would everyone feel about that?

"Quit your whining. Ultra Tedious

So trans rights and trying to accommodate the feelings and experiences of everyone on the spectrum is tedious ?

What a forward thinking response

"

Yes. Because the spectrum is never ending. Boring frankly.

It's fine as it is.

Explain to the guys as you chat your ts

What's the big problem?

Dublin

"

I'd like to see Male, Female and Non-Binary as gender options, with an additional, optional tick box for TS, TV and CD to show the general personal preference. This sort of approach is used on modelling and escort sites and seems to work well. How would everyone feel about that?"

That is a very good idea actually.

It seems to be an emotive subject and ends in arguments everytime it comes up and everyone in the thread mostly I think have valid points.

Maybe, I dunno It's because you are asking a community that I guess in general has an issue of understanding who,what we are and why we maybe why we are? I know I have and do, so that cant just be me.

To basically have choose what we are instead of all kinda being treated as equals on our specific and personal journey in who we are maybe makes alot of people uncomfortable? I know I got a bit anxious and was like wtf do I pick on Tvchix when I have joined.

Dunno if that's understandable

By *parklesueTV/TS  over a year ago

Middleton

Just asking where would a hermaphrodite fit in xx

"I think we T girls should be grateful to be even on the fringes of FAB classification. FAB after all is primarily for swinging couples, not single men, gay men, t-girls, etc ... couples! T-girls do pretty well thank you very much, so I say dont rock the boat x"

Exactly!

By *nby ATV/TS  over a year ago

chilling in the

"

I'd like to see Male, Female and Non-Binary as gender options, with an additional, optional tick box for TS, TV and CD to show the general personal preference. This sort of approach is used on modelling and escort sites and seems to work well. How would everyone feel about that?

That is a very good idea actually."

Non Binary THuman here. Hi.

It’s a tricky thing. Putting yourself in a box. There probably needs to be a few more boxes but you’ll never please everyone.

I know those who identify as men and call themselves HPWs. Now you can’t put them in a box with those who think of themselves as male CDs because there’s a huge difference.

The TV box is also very generic. And problematic. Personally I don’t like it. ‘Tranny’ is associated and has been used at me in mostly derogatory ways on many occasions. Some even violent ones.

And so I like TGirl or the non binary version THuman.

It’s complicated. Ultimately I don’t want to be in a box. I hope my profile and how I communicate, gets across who I am and there’s no worry about boxes!

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to life after Covid.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

As others state, it has been discussed in extensive depth ad nauseum since Fab started. It should only be a matter for those within the legally protected characteristic to concern themselves with. Not for the convenience of others etc.

When you have reviewed and accepted the valid points from the hundreds of posts about this of the last decade, then try finding something new to add to it.

The current system is the correct one and prevents the unnecessary pressure on people to self-disclose what are highly personal, frequently upsetting and intrusive personal details, to the world. That is more than enough to keep the status quo.

As an individual, you have the freedom to provide others with whatever personal information that you wish to. But you should not expect that you can impose what is your wish on to others as a very demanding and troubling outing of people, who may not share your excessive expectations of themselves in a fully public arena.

For the conversation of others, it is absolutely not a consideration that should be thought about. Do what is right for you.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

And the wheel goes round and round and round.

Until any so called community unites and instead of saying “i am nothing like you” and starts thinking of what’s the “same / similar to me” its always going to be a bunch of disparate individuals that are going nowhere in terms of choices.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

Don't most pre op and post op trans girls change Thier category to woman on here anyway ? So trying to find those people is even more difficult than if tvts

Just saying

Nottingham

"I know this is has been an ongoing debate on here but yes I think they should be separated. As the OP says, there's a big difference between TV and TS. There's no reason why Fab shouldn't separate them x

Issue is how do you police it?

A guy cant say there a woman on here or they get banned correct? So wouldnt it be the same if i was to put myself in the TS catagory? I look in reality no different to a pre op TS... Will fab start asking for proof of your goverment issued gender, like a driving lisence?

I think alot of you seem to fall for the typical Tranny Tiers that seems to be about, were TS's look down on TV's. It's well known within the community. My guess is alot of TV's see threads like this and feel its the same shit as that "

Here lies the admin problem, Asking for such proof could be unlawful under the EA 2010 so it just ought to engage with the trans community and garner a view that we as patrons, request

"Don't most pre op and post op trans girls change Thier category to woman on here anyway ? So trying to find those people is even more difficult than if tvts

Just saying "

Yes. Exactly.

I'd like this too. I was winked by a TV/TS. When I referred to her in a message as a TV, she was most indignant. Received a terse message and not heard more since.

Separate categories would eliminate this kind of faux-pas.

doncaster

"I'd like this too. I was winked by a TV/TS. When I referred to her in a message as a TV, she was most indignant. Received a terse message and not heard more since.

Separate categories would eliminate this kind of faux-pas."

did you read her profile before writing her msg ?

By *ess King tvTV/TS  over a year ago

KING'S LYNN

"I think we T girls should be grateful to be even on the fringes of FAB classification. FAB after all is primarily for swinging couples, not single men, gay men, t-girls, etc ... couples! T-girls do pretty well thank you very much, so I say dont rock the boat x

I don’t think it’s just for couples. If singles weren’t meant to be here then we wouldn’t be able to be here. I don’t think T Girls need to be grateful, you should feel as welcome here as anyone. You definitely don’t need to keep quiet. "

Swinging IS by definition for couples.. and of

I find it strange that on most other websites people are free to call themselves Trans, Gender Fluid, Non Binary etc, yet here having more choice is a problem? The key word here is choice.

I'm cisgendered so I'm avoiding speaking on the behalf of anyone who has/is transitioning... But what's wrong with more choice so we can better describe who we are?

"As others state, it has been discussed in extensive depth ad nauseum since Fab started. It should only be a matter for those within the legally protected characteristic to concern themselves with. Not for the convenience of others etc.

When you have reviewed and accepted the valid points from the hundreds of posts about this of the last decade, then try finding something new to add to it.

The current system is the correct one and prevents the unnecessary pressure on people to self-disclose what are highly personal, frequently upsetting and intrusive personal details, to the world. That is more than enough to keep the status quo.

As an individual, you have the freedom to provide others with whatever personal information that you wish to. But you should not expect that you can impose what is your wish on to others as a very demanding and troubling outing of people, who may not share your excessive expectations of themselves in a fully public arena.

For the conversation of others, it is absolutely not a consideration that should be thought about. Do what is right for you. "

Well said!

"I find it strange that on most other websites people are free to call themselves Trans, Gender Fluid, Non Binary etc, yet here having more choice is a problem? The key word here is choice.

I'm cisgendered so I'm avoiding speaking on the behalf of anyone who has/is transitioning... But what's wrong with more choice so we can better describe who we are?

"

Cos it's BOLLOX. Like the tedious term "cisgendered' hardly anyone uses.

Stop the incessant labeling.

"Why should anyone be labelled were all here for the same thing.

It’s make it quite difficult to find what you’re looking for is there weren’t any categories at all. "

I think labels are important as they help you understand and come to terms with yourself, rather than keeping you in a state of confusion or delusion.

Also by hiding who or what you truly are, whatever your gender/ sexuality etc, you are taking away the free choice of others who have a right to preferences in who they have sex with.

I believe that operators of sites like these should provide options to their users and not take them away.

This discussion about the grouping of TV/CD/TS comes up often enough, which should make it clear that there is a problem with the current gender options available.

Also, just because you have might have more options to label yourself it doesn't mean that you're forced to use them. If you don't wish to disclose your gender publicly, then don't.

I for one would really like to have more options

[Removed by poster at 14/07/21 10:31:25]

"Cos it's BOLLOX. Like the tedious term "cisgendered' hardly anyone uses.

Stop the incessant labeling."

It's not a tedious term. I was born male and I identify as a man.

There are people who don't identify as the biological sex they were born as, so what's wrong with having an option for them that allows them to better describe themself (if they wish)?

We're all different and we should acknowledge and celebrate that. This doesn't cause division anywhere else, so why is it different on fab?

By *atureGuy62Man  over a year ago

DE7

"Hi Forumers,

"

Then again do we need to separate into pre-op and post-op?

By *atureGuy62Man  over a year ago

DE7

Also why cant a tv/ts and tv/ts/M/F couples option be added as they can only be m/m or m/f at present. This site is so dated!

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

If the site can be bothered to differentiate between Bisexual and Bi-Curious, and differentiate between Curvy, Ample, Large and Fabulous then I don't see why they can't to do the same for TV and TS.

Have we ever heard an official reason as to why not?

stockport

It's been said before that transsexuals identify as women so why people can't just read profiles is beyond me.

doncaster

"It's been said before that transsexuals identify as women so why people can't just read profiles is beyond me."
exactly so I don't see what all the fuss is about

Dublin

"It's been said before that transsexuals identify as women so why people can't just read profiles is beyond me."

This is your opinion, it might be right, or it might be wrong. Certainly I would prefer that people decide for themselves how that want to identify. And not conform to other's opinion of who they should be.

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

"It's been said before that transsexuals identify as women so why people can't just read profiles is beyond me.

This is your opinion, it might be right, or it might be wrong. Certainly I would prefer that people decide for themselves how that want to identify. And not conform to other's opinion of who they should be. "

I totally agree with the sentiment here, however as the majority of people here are here to meet others, and your profile is essentially an advert, being able to be found easily by those you want to meet is probably the number one aim.

Having lots of choice and being to identify as you wish is great, but will that make it easier for people to find you?

I agree the current, broad idea of lumping everyone who doesn't identify as cisgender into one category is restrictive. But how granular should we go, while keeping it simple enough for everyone who uses the site to understand?

» Add a new message to this topic