FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Just how big is East Midlands..?

Just how big is East Midlands..?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arambar OP   Man  over a year ago

swindon

Have looked at a couple of profiles today - one was "A woman in Worksop, East Midlands" and the other one was "A woman in Kings Lynn, East Midlands".

Admittedly I am rubbish at geography but looking up these places on Google Maps I wouldn't have thought they'd normally be considered as East Midlands.

I realise that a lot of work has gone into the search side of things, so we can search based on post code prefixes, so was just wondering if there are any plans to address the somewhat vague descriptions in the profile descriptions too?

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Pretty sure there's a postcode+distance option in the Advanced Search if you have a nosey

swindon

You're right, mate, there is.

It's just sometimes I click on a profile when I've not used the search and it comes up with the name of a town I've never heard of so have to Google it. When I look at where it is on the map it's somewhere like near Manchester, but on the profile it says East Midlands.

Maybe I should just learn more about UK geography

we have noticed that some people we met dont come from the stated towns, probalby for discretion purposes

Yes it is annoying, it is because not all the counties are listed, and East Anglia is not an option, so people choose East Mids!

swindon

"Yes it is annoying, it is because not all the counties are listed, and East Anglia is not an option, so people choose East Mids!

"

Ahh gotcha... that makes sense now.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

But somehow south Yorkshire is part if the east midland

So people from Cambridge and Norfolk are considered to be in the same region, but Leeds, Wakefield, York, Manchester etc are not local - even though they are all an hour or less away!

I know admin said they were.doing something about this, but can they please bump it up the to do list!

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"But somehow south Yorkshire is part if the east midland

So people from Cambridge and Norfolk are considered to be in the same region, but Leeds, Wakefield, York, Manchester etc are not local - even though they are all an hour or less away!

I know admin said they were.doing something about this, but can they please bump it up the to do list! "

And sheffield is listed as in eastmidland too

Someone deserve the sack in the admin team

On here east mids goes from south east yorks down to about cambridge where dependant on your postcode you can choose south east or east mids it goes right across to kings lyn but doestnt seem to go much past this to yarmouth. I live in east mids and even i get confused

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Just use the advanced search instead ; this makes use of postcode data, not nonsense regions.

Admin x

By *cottishrichMan  over a year ago

Here and there

"Just use the advanced search instead ; this makes use of postcode data, not nonsense regions.

Admin x"

What about when browsing for meets? There's no postcode option then, just nonsense regions.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Just use the advanced search instead ; this makes use of postcode data, not nonsense regions.

Admin x

What about when browsing for meets? There's no postcode option then, just nonsense regions. "

The nonsense will have to be put up with for a little while longer but it will move to radius based searches too

Admin x

» Add a new message to this topic