FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Missed connections forum topic

Missed connections forum topic

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oody do that OP   Man  over a year ago

southampton

So recently I attended a great party. In this situation I often talk to lots of people.

I often trade Fabswingers user names but due to noisy environments (or my poor memory!) I often forget them next day.

My personal solution going forward will be to take a pen and open with me to a party just in case

But this got me thinking I can’t be the only one in this situation. I’m suggesting we start a ‘missed connections board’ in the forum section. People could post when and where they were and potentially make contact with the people they’ve already met.

Fully aware some people might not want to be ‘tracked down’ but they have the option to ignore the post in the forum section

Open to other peoples thoughts

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What about posting your missed connection on your status?

Most people update theirs after parties or club events.

southampton

This is a good idea however I travelled for the party

My status is only viewable to people in my local area

Appreciate your input and please contribute more if you have good ideas on the topic

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Prior to the social/ party etc. Ask the organiser for a copy of the guest list and tick off the people who you meet.

"This is a good idea however I travelled for the party

My status is only viewable to people in my local area

Appreciate your input and please contribute more if you have good ideas on the topic "

A forum post with the organiser's event in the club reviews section will give anyone chance to connect if they wished to do so is always another option.

southampton

The party I went to was inside a specific club. This meant that there were lots of attendees.

The organisers wouldn’t hand out the guest list. I’m also not sure that I would want them too. What if I’d had a falling out with someone for example and wanted to avoid them?

southampton

Agreed, but I’m not sure people would think to check there.

Having a specific topic/section people could go to would make this much easier/cleaner

Otherwise this could easily be in Swinger chat, club review or club discussion rather than one specific location

Usually, that is what people do.

They either place a status update (which works for me) or post in the forums with the club/event/party in the title heading.

The only trouble is, only a small section of the site use the forums, so there's no guarantee it will even be seen, hence status updates can reach more people.

It is a good idea though.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

The problem is it would be populated by chancers trying to blag their first veri. After the last social we organised we had a few trying it on. One even admitted he didn't approach the group at the social because he bottled out yet still expected a verification

southampton

Really!? Wow, although I’m not surprised

I guess whilst that may be the case it’s down to the individual how they react to any posts within the forum

Do you think people would respond to the chancers? Or would they give up over time?

I think it flows into a larger problem of fake profiles etc which I’m not sure how to solve on this site

"The problem is it would be populated by chancers trying to blag their first veri. After the last social we organised we had a few trying it on. One even admitted he didn't approach the group at the social because he bottled out yet still expected a verification "

I've had something similar.

Had chancers tracking verifications and contacting them and dropping user names to try and get meets, hence hiding them can be a wise move.

» Add a new message to this topic