FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > ‘Fabulous’

‘Fabulous’

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ucianpound OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

When folks describe themselves as slim, athletic or curvy I know what to expect but ‘fabulous’ could be anything from a little overweight to grossly obese.

Why doesn’t Fab just ask folks to insert their heights, pounds/kilos and a brief body description in their profile.

It would save a lot of imagining and perhaps target the right folks for meets!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I asked this a few years ago.

The thing is, the term 'fabulous' means different things to different people.

To those of us of a certain age who remember 'The Clothes Show' from the 1980's, we will remember the phrase being coined in relation to the larger sizes - so most of us will relate 'Fabulous' to mean larger than 'Ample'

Those from the younger generations however, who have not come across the term before interpret it differently and take it to mean something along the lines of exceptionaly fit / slim etc.

And here is where the confusion lies.

Let's say you're someone who understands Fabulous to mean very large and you come across a profile of someone who takes it to mean, well, pretty much perfect. They may be exactly what you're looking for, but you pass them by because you assume them to be of a body type that you're not looking for - or, conversely, if you ARE looking for someone on the larger side, when you see pictures of them and it turns out that they're several happy meals away from your ideal, you'll feel that your time has been wasted.

"I asked this a few years ago.

The thing is, the term 'fabulous' means different things to different people.

To those of us of a certain age who remember 'The Clothes Show' from the 1980's, we will remember the phrase being coined in relation to the larger sizes - so most of us will relate 'Fabulous' to mean larger than 'Ample'

Those from the younger generations however, who have not come across the term before interpret it differently and take it to mean something along the lines of exceptionaly fit / slim etc.

And here is where the confusion lies.

Let's say you're someone who understands Fabulous to mean very large and you come across a profile of someone who takes it to mean, well, pretty much perfect. They may be exactly what you're looking for, but you pass them by because you assume them to be of a body type that you're not looking for - or, conversely, if you ARE looking for someone on the larger side, when you see pictures of them and it turns out that they're several happy meals away from your ideal, you'll feel that your time has been wasted.

"

^^^^^^^

Jeez I never knew that the term fabulous once meant something else... i.e "we will remember the phrase being coined in relation to the larger sizes"

I always thought the term fabulous on here meant as you said "perfect" or exceptionally beautiful or whatever.

The meaning of the term Curvy has also changed. Anyway I've always & ever just chosen the term average to describe myself on here

Rather than weight...

I'd be happier with dress sizes to choose from.

Lots of folk rarely know their true weight ...

By *untiWoman  over a year ago

Newport

Surely the vague description of body size is purely a guide and you would judge from photos?

I would never expect anyone to go from purely my profile and would ask that they are fully aware of my body size. As it can be hurtful to turn up to a meet and see the other parties eyes widen or they make hasty excuses. (It has happened to me).

Also, I don't think the phrase 'too many Happy Meals' is appropriate for describing the larger person at all. Please do not use generalisations in this manner. Ok the bigger person may not be for you, just quietly move on!!!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I describe myself as fabulous. I'm a shade over 5ft, weigh around 59kg and a dress size 12 occasionally 10.

My personal opinion is that it's easier to go by photos than description anyway.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I always took the "fabulous" option to be the one that meant "don't want to say" so it certainly is open to interpretation.

One person's slim is not the same as another person's.

Personally I use images to try and gauge someone's size, not the tick boxes

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I describe myself as fabulous. I'm a shade over 5ft, weigh around 59kg and a dress size 12 occasionally 10.

My personal opinion is that it's easier to go by photos than description anyway. "

I should add that I think people should describe themselves how they want to

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"I describe myself as fabulous. I'm a shade over 5ft, weigh around 59kg and a dress size 12 occasionally 10.

My personal opinion is that it's easier to go by photos than description anyway. "

You are the epitome of fabulous Mrs NC.

The thing is, when you are selecting from the options, it's a drop down box that begins at 'Athletic' goes through 'Slim', 'Average', 'Curvy', 'Ample' and 'Large' to 'Fabulous'

It should really seem obvious to anyone what 'Fabulous' means as the 'descriptions' are an escalating scale from small to large, with 'Fabulous' at the end.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Don't you think we ought to look beyond the body size description and think about the inner person? If " fabulous " is not strictly defined does it really matter?. I read countless posts about how hard it is for some men to meet women on Fab that I would have though such fine tuning of descriptions was unnecessary.

By *untiWoman  over a year ago

Newport

"Don't you think we ought to look beyond the body size description and think about the inner person? If " fabulous " is not strictly defined does it really matter?. I read countless posts about how hard it is for some men to meet women on Fab that I would have though such fine tuning of descriptions was unnecessary."

By *ougie321Man  over a year ago

Milford Haven

"Don't you think we ought to look beyond the body size description and think about the inner person? If " fabulous " is not strictly defined does it really matter?. I read countless posts about how hard it is for some men to meet women on Fab that I would have though such fine tuning of descriptions was unnecessary.

"

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"The thing is, when you are selecting from the options, it's a drop down box that begins at 'Athletic' goes through 'Slim', 'Average', 'Curvy', 'Ample' and 'Large' to 'Fabulous'

It should really seem obvious to anyone what 'Fabulous' means as the 'descriptions' are an escalating scale from small to large, with 'Fabulous' at the end.

"

Not applicable or decline to answer is also frequently added on at the end as well.

It's the internet. What makes sense to you will not make sense to everyone else. Trying to convince others your way is the right way of thinking is going to be a long hard slog.

Also how frequently would you require this detail to be updated? Weight changes. People do not redo their profile frequently and honestly, people lie/allow a margin of error, so how would it be managed or enforced?

Each profile is managed by people, in their own way

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The most exceptionally well developed, muscular guy here that I saw, did use the 'fabulous' label.

There are better adjectives that could be used. And it's reasonable to have physical stats added by users, potentially optional, to provide clarity for others.

Even better if we users were given broader characteristics to search for others on. We live in hope

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

When I signed up I had no idea that fabulous meant anything other than fantastic.

I put myself down as large, because I am. I also uploaded photos, some more flattering than others, but all enough to give a reasonable idea of my heft.

If someone reads my profile and thinks "oh she's large, rather than fabulous, so I'll ignore everything she says and all the photos and just assume she's about a size 14" then more fool them.

Given that the body size descriptions are as vague and open to interpretation as they are, it's wise to use more than that as your source of information if it's important to you.

I chose "fabulous" because I refuse to categorise myself as any of the "typical" body shapes. My photos show very clearly what's on offer; people can decide for themselves.

RE the weights thing, I don't think that's an accurate descriptor. I know plenty of women who weigh far less than me but look bigger/wear bigger sizes. It's all about fat distribution and bone density. Just like a size 12 could fit a short woman a little on the heavier side or a very lean taller woman.

Anyway, my body isn't perfect by any means but it's mine, and it's still pretty damn fabulous to me

Maybe it's for people who don't choose who they fuck, based on body type

"Maybe it's for people who don't choose who they fuck, based on body type "

Sorry, didn't mean that to seem snotty... I meant... Something not snotty lol... Sorry, tired

By *cloversCouple  over a year ago

Hull

I describe myself as a large lady in my profile - and again in my narrative.

I never want to turn up to a meet and have someone expect someone I'm.not.

I'm very explicit and make this a point of issue when we have conversations with others- you know the ones who don't actually read the profiles

I love the descriptor of fabulous - for me it epitomises those people who are loving life regardless of how they describe their size.

Why don't you just ask the person in the profile?

By *eductiveEyesKillerThighsWoman  over a year ago

Here, There and Everywhere

I always wished there was an option of 'More than you could possibly handle'!

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

To be honest I don’t really understand what body type each category represents, so tend to just go off the images instead! I’m short and size 8 so just chose average as that’s how I see myself! I guess people can add more info on their size in their description should they chose to do so, I don’t like the idea of having a drop down menu for weight etc. Miss Pc

» Add a new message to this topic