FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Limit messages to new people

Limit messages to new people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *..First OP   Man  over a year ago

london

Sad to see how new people are so overwhelmed with mails etc that I believe people just spam so when you find someone that you think is really aligned and a good fit, trying to reach them is difficult.

If the site limited the number of messages we could send on a daily basis to new people, surely that would make sense as established members would be more discerning about reaching out and surely the new people would see a better aligned approach?

Does that make sense?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There’s a feedback and suggestions forum further down the list.

Try posting this there.

Seems to be a recurring theme lately in the lounge for some reason.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

It does. I've seen loads of statuses and comments from people saying they have run out of messages.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"It does. I've seen loads of statuses and comments from people saying they have run out of messages.

"

When you see one of those statuses, turn your phone upside down and it reads as, please buy me a supporters pass.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How many do you send to run out ?

By *ond Jimmy BondMan  over a year ago

London

Personally I think (I may be wrong) that’s there is a huge disparity in the ratio of men/woman. That’s why women are inundated with so many messages. So how about a temp ban on new men joining fab?

evesham

"It does. I've seen loads of statuses and comments from people saying they have run out of messages.

When you see one of those statuses, turn your phone upside down and it reads as, please buy me a supporters pass. "

But it's guys that post them......

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

When you see one of those statuses, turn your phone upside down and it reads as, please buy me a supporters pass.

But it's guys that post them...... "

Can't answer that one then. It's only women here.

london

"How many do you send to run out ? "

I am not sure but assuming there are ?30 new people or couples a day, surely you would find 1 or 2 that are really aligned. So maybe 2?

If it was a day were you saw more people, take a note and reach out to them the next day...

Just a thought.

london

"Personally I think (I may be wrong) that’s there is a huge disparity in the ratio of men/woman. That’s why women are inundated with so many messages. So how about a temp ban on new men joining fab?"

Or maybe limit the number guys can post to 1 a week!

And let the ladies post as many as they want, it would be great to see woman needing to be more proactive in terms of finding matches. At present the ratio allows for woman to not have to work too hard but it also irritates the shit out of some (if not most) of them as they are pestered by guys which in turn makes it hard for reasonable guys.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Mail filters.

If women are annoyed by the number of messages they receive it's relatively easy to set mail filters to substantially reduce the amount or stop it from people who haven't already been in contact, altogether.

evesham

"Mail filters.

If women are annoyed by the number of messages they receive it's relatively easy to set mail filters to substantially reduce the amount or stop it from people who haven't already been in contact, altogether.

"

It's not the women that are annoyed going by the thread themes this morning

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 30/07/21 13:42:57]

» Add a new message to this topic