FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Doing more to stop abusive messaging.

Doing more to stop abusive messaging.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Almost every women i have spoken to on fab has had some sort of verbal abusive message and i think its out of order and more should and could be done.

1 Its puts women off

2 Genuine guys dont get a look in

3 Guys should remember their manners!

4 It just shouldnt happen anyway!

I think that Fab can do more to stop this apart from having a block button. If someone gets banned they just setup a new profile and re-target.

I think that blocking the IP of where the account has been set up would help stop a lot as long as there is evidence to support the claim of abuse.

Can anyone else suggest ways to get rid of the idiots on here?

Fab, what do you say? Its your responsibility after all.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

I.P addresses are seldom, if ever, static so that would rather defeat the object of with you suggesting..

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Duh what your suggesting

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not just women, I had an abusive message off a guy I'd never even interacted with the other day! I chuckled and thought I'd have a bit fun, but he was the abuse and block keyboard warrior type.

Unfortunately not a lot fab can do unless they start requesting proof of ID, which given the nature of the lifestyle would kill the site. Blocking an IP would be useless in the modern age of free VPNs.

In my opinion, the guys that send abusive messages are outing themselves as non swingers. I won't apologise for their behaviour because I definitely don't class them as men.

Stay classy peeps, much love

"I.P addresses are seldom, if ever, static so that would rather defeat the object of with you suggesting.."

Of course - didnt think about dynamic IP's

Do you have any thoughts on how fab can punish the guilty?

"Not just women, I had an abusive message off a guy I'd never even interacted with the other day! I chuckled and thought I'd have a bit fun, but he was the abuse and block keyboard warrior type.

Unfortunately not a lot fab can do unless they start requesting proof of ID, which given the nature of the lifestyle would kill the site. Blocking an IP would be useless in the modern age of free VPNs.

In my opinion, the guys that send abusive messages are outing themselves as non swingers. I won't apologise for their behaviour because I definitely don't class them as men.

Stay classy peeps, much love "

Sorry to hear you got it too! Why cant people just be adults and respect others? Agree with you about not asking for ID. That would kill it. Thanks for replying and happy fabbing.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I.P addresses are seldom, if ever, static so that would rather defeat the object of with you suggesting..

Do you have any thoughts on how fab can punish the guilty?"

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

"I.P addresses are seldom, if ever, static so that would rather defeat the object of with you suggesting..

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

--

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******"

Thank you posting that back. Very helpful. So the moral of the story is dont just block abusers, report them as well.

Happy fabbing

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Just delete, block, and forget about them. Bollox to people like that.

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

Abusive or any sort of unwanted message really doesn’t bother me…. It’s words on a page written by someone who is meaningless to me. I very rarely read beyond the fist line. Delete snd block. But they’ll be back if they really want to.

People can be cunts. Happens on all social media.

Vx

By *ougie321Man  over a year ago

Milford Haven

I agree with the poster, why do people do this. A lovely guy like myself who does not give any abuse, only polite chat and banter to everyone plus I have my profile openly available to what I am seeking, so understanding to other profiles on here. Mind does make me wonder.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Even if they are removed isn't going to stop them making further accounts.

Also if person has acted abusive more than once.

Level of abuse is unacceptable of any kind and I believe rules state. so wouldn't giving a warning be far too lenient people are here to enjoy each others company and those who are should be aware being abusive is unacceptable it's not kindergarten but adults.

Options to censorship certain words could help going by previous events that have been reported could be a starting point then gradually increase by further reports.

Admin

--

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

Thank you posting that back. Very helpful. So the moral of the story is dont just block abusers, report them as well.

Happy fabbing "

Just had further feedback on what admin do when someone is reported and it seems their procedure may not be actioned like they state. I know that you have to have a complaints procedure but it doesnt mean its always followed. Not in the cases i have been told about with a repeat abuser anyway.

"Just delete, block, and forget about them. Bollox to people like that."

I hate them but id like to see them gone and not return. They are left to do it to others when not reported. I agree they arent worth it though. Thanks for your input and happy fabbing.

"Abusive or any sort of unwanted message really doesn’t bother me…. It’s words on a page written by someone who is meaningless to me. I very rarely read beyond the fist line. Delete snd block. But they’ll be back if they really want to.

People can be cunts. Happens on all social media.

Vx "

Hi thanks for getting back. I like your outlook but sometimes the words can be really hurtful and the abuse starts after a few messages. I think its hard for women to tell the shit from the good and they shouldnt have to take the shit thats all. X

"I agree with the poster, why do people do this. A lovely guy like myself who does not give any abuse, only polite chat and banter to everyone plus I have my profile openly available to what I am seeking, so understanding to other profiles on here. Mind does make me wonder."

Good man. Hope your good personality shows through and gets you the quality intros. Stay true bud

"Even if they are removed isn't going to stop them making further accounts.

Level of abuse is unacceptable of any kind and I believe rules state. so wouldn't giving a warning be far too lenient people are here to enjoy each others company and those who are should be aware being abusive is unacceptable it's not kindergarten but adults.

Options to censorship certain words could help going by previous events that have been reported could be a starting point then gradually increase by further reports."

Totally agree! Thank you. Tell me more about your idea, not quite sure i follow you bud. Are you saying that the more the abusers account is reported means they get removed? Like a tiered system? 1Warning 2warning 3strikes out?

"Not just women, I had an abusive message off a guy I'd never even interacted with the other day! I chuckled and thought I'd have a bit fun, but he was the abuse and block keyboard warrior type.

Stay classy peeps, much love "

Some people - have nothing better to do x Sad

Its not just this site - block, delete, and forget them - if I bored I give some banter back first! while they are occupied messaging me, they leaving someone else alone

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Even if they are removed isn't going to stop them making further accounts.

Options to censorship certain words could help going by previous events that have been reported could be a starting point then gradually increase by further reports.

Totally agree! Thank you. Tell me more about your idea, not quite sure i follow you bud. Are you saying that the more the abusers account is reported means they get removed? Like a tiered system? 1Warning 2warning 3strikes out? "

A warning is to lenient we are all adults and may be many who have suffered some kind of abuse or even worse then built up the confidence even their lives and have came to being on here and face abuse which is also a criminal offence harassment. should be not tolerated so if the site had some form of censorship that can detect either things like a sentence which may form into an abusive language used.not sure if people are aware how such actions can have an impact on a person's mental health due to any kind of abuse not controlled leaves many vulnerable victims. We are in 2021 and abuse should be strongly dealt with accordingly as punishment for removal of account and banned and hopefully this would stop further abuse failure it would become a police matter.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am not sure why people think Admin don't do anything. A mod pasted again what Admin they say they do, please read all of it to get the jist.

It may not be what YOU want to happen but it will be what Admin think should happen looking at the whole picture and if they have been warned before...if you read the pasted post it explains this