FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > search selection

search selection

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *kooledgirl OP   Couple  over a year ago

St. John's

Is it possible to add a straight tab to the search page? There is a tab for bi curious.... it would definitely speed up the search in our neck of the woods.

Also, is it possible when you do a search ...say couples, age etc for those that you have blocked not to show up in the search...again it would speed things up ...

thanks for reading....happy Fabbing

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Did you know that you can have more than one search set up as your preference then pick which one you want to use by clicking this.

St. John's

Not sure what you mean by that...we've been on here a long time and have tried every configuration in the browse section but can do the 2 things we suggested.

Newcastle

"Not sure what you mean by that...we've been on here a long time and have tried every configuration in the browse section but can do the 2 things we suggested."

The search section let's you save a number of preference that you have chosen which at any time should you decide to change your mind you just click on the saved

Newcastle

Basically the items that you have clicked from top to bottom which is your preference (criteria looking for) becomes your updates pick out from the saved preferences and change when it suits you

St. John's

Yep, we get what you're saying....but it doesn't have the 2 suggestions listed anywhere in the saved search selections...the reason we suggested is because we went through the whole browse tab and the 2 suggestions we not listed anywhere....

Newcastle

"Yep, we get what you're saying....but it doesn't have the 2 suggestions listed anywhere in the saved search selections...the reason we suggested is because we went through the whole browse tab and the 2 suggestions we not listed anywhere.... "

Did you check the advance section on the left this gives you options for bi and bi curious

Newcastle

Advance search.

Only show profiles of members:

Who are bisexual (or bi-curious)

Who have at least one verification by meeting

Who can accommodate

Who can travel

New in the past 5 days

Hide anyone who has blocked single guys

St. John's

We get that there is a bi and bi curious option to select in the advanced search.... we've been on here a long time..

Our suggestion was to add a STRAIGHT tab....which isn't there...

We think you missed that part...

Newcastle

If you have one blocked say bi curious you'll only see straight not blocked you'll see both

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If you have one blocked say bi curious you'll only see straight not blocked you'll see both"

There is no option to block in the search criteria, only select to show only bi or bi curious. Your advice to the OP is incorrect, so you need to stop arguing your point.

The option the OP is suggesting is an option to show only " single"

It is a good suggestion.

St. John's

"If you have one blocked say bi curious you'll only see straight not blocked you'll see both

There is no option to block in the search criteria, only select to show only bi or bi curious. Your advice to the OP is incorrect, so you need to stop arguing your point.

That's for chiming in.... we were quite positive that we exhausted our search attempts before we suggested adding those to tabs in make our searches , and others faster...

It is a good suggestion."

I suggest it a few months ago got lambasted called homophobic o how the other half live ha

Newcastle

"If you have one blocked say bi curious you'll only see straight not blocked you'll see both

It is a good suggestion."

It goes by your profile preference as in not looking for changing it becomes looking for so that is the choice how would you be able to look for someone who doesn't match the preference on the profile

St. John's

Are you a forum moderator? How long have you been on here? Do you only use your cell to access the site???

We have been on here over 6 years (I think). We normally use a lap top. the 2 things we asked the site to consider....

1) having people that you've already blocked Not show up in a search. regardless of sex or sexual choices, ans

2)have an option to only see straight guys/couples/ladies

These were just suggestions... Not a comment on anyone's sexual preferences... We don't judge anyone, nor do we want to be judged...it was just a question to speed up our, and maybe others, search.

Your comments are very unclear and confusing...

We were just asking to add a couple of options to the browse menu that are not there... this has nothing to do with our preferences.

Newcastle

"Are you a forum moderator? How long have you been on here? Do you only use your cell to access the site???

We have been on here over 6 years (I think). We normally use a lap top. the 2 things we asked the site to consider....

1) having people that you've already blocked Not show up in a search. regardless of sex or sexual choices, ans

These were just suggestions... Not a comment on anyone's sexual preferences... We don't judge anyone, nor do we want to be judged...it was just a question to speed up our, and maybe others, search.

We were just asking to add a couple of options to the browse menu that are not there... this has nothing to do with our preferences."

I understand what you mean.

But going by a profile which shows the preferred meeting, would complicate a search I would think as both are different I understand that you are trying to request just trying to understand how it's going to pan out

Newcastle

"We get that there is a bi and bi curious option to select in the advanced search.... we've been on here a long time..

Our suggestion was to add a STRAIGHT tab....which isn't there...

We think you missed that part..."

I think you missed the part at the bottom of your profile where it says contact us for feedback and suggestions.

Just trying to be helpful

St. John's

How do we delete this thread???? We were just asking, what we though was a simple question to what we hoped was a moderator... We didn't ask for or want what this has become...

Wow... no we are totally confused!!! Not sure what going on anymore... why all the interest in our question from 1 person???

St. John's

We've missed nothing BTW... we do know how to navigate the site and do know where the contact option is...

"Are you a forum moderator? How long have you been on here? Do you only use your cell to access the site???

We were just asking to add a couple of options to the browse menu that are not there... this has nothing to do with our preferences."

I didn't know about profiles you've blocked, still showing in a search list.... Am I reading that right?

....and I always thought it was pre-set for a straight search for all sexes until you ticked the 'bi' box.....

I've been on 8 years and never knew those two things...

St. John's

That is correct. according to our experience.

Sexes meaning cpls, men, ladies, trans etc

St. John's

According to our experience, no matter what we search...male, female etc

if you check the bi box for example you only get bi people.

If you don't check any boxes you get all people searched in the sex, age range..both straight/bi..

We were only trying to make our search and others a little faster..

Also when we search ...say couples aged 40-60 for example...we get the people in that age range that we blocked in the results...again we just suggested that those who we've blocked in the above suggestion not show up in the results to speed up our/everyone's search.

Ahhh right I'm totally getting this now.... See what you are saying.

No wonder mine takes ages to search. I'm looking at the same ones every time

Oh myyyy

» Add a new message to this topic