FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Hiding people in search results.

Hiding people in search results.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arty84 OP   Man  over a year ago

Orpington

Hiya! Just a thought as we can add notes and blocks etc to other people's profiles.

So I was thinking it would be handy to add a feature to that list, "hide from search," so nothing as harsh as a block, in case that person reaches out to you.

The idea being that for example, I've done a search, messaged someone from the results and they have said they are not interested, or their profile indicates straight up that you are not their type and it's not worth sending them a message.

It would be a good time saver to click on that profile and remove from searches that way you don't have to worry about them coming up in future searches and straining to remember if you have contacted them or not.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Hiya! Just a thought as we can add notes and blocks etc to other people's profiles.

So I was thinking it would be handy to add a feature to that list, "hide from search," so nothing as harsh as a block, in case that person reaches out to you.

The idea being that for example, I've done a search, messaged someone from the results and they have said they are not interested, or their profile indicates straight up that you are not their type and it's not worth sending them a message.

It would be a good time saver to click on that profile and remove from searches that way you don't have to worry about them coming up in future searches and straining to remember if you have contacted them or not. "

I understand what you are saying,but when people have written a bio and others read this,if it doesn't fit around the person's preference their is the block feature.which would also stop the person messaging if they were unable to remember.

By *arty84 OP   Man  over a year ago

Orpington

"Hiya! Just a thought as we can add notes and blocks etc to other people's profiles.

It would be a good time saver to click on that profile and remove from searches that way you don't have to worry about them coming up in future searches and straining to remember if you have contacted them or not.

I understand what you are saying,but when people have written a bio and others read this,if it doesn't fit around the person's preference their is the block feature.which would also stop the person messaging if they were unable to remember."

Yeah that's the current option, but block feels a bit harsh and something I would rather use to, well to block people that I don't want to see or hear back from. Kinda why I'm suggesting this softer version.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Why is blocking harsh?

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I understand what you are saying,but when people have written a bio and others read this,if it doesn't fit around the person's preference their is the block feature.which would also stop the person messaging if they were unable to remember.

Yeah that's the current option, but block feels a bit harsh and something I would rather use to, well to block people that I don't want to see or hear back from. Kinda why I'm suggesting this softer version."

Blocking isn't harsh but solving the solution, like you've said not mistakenly send a message block would prevent this.its more about shuffling through the site finding those who meet your preference and using the block feature is the best way to filter through.

» Add a new message to this topic