FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Group messaging for events.

Group messaging for events.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *etwifeandhim69 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

So last night we hosted a social event with many people attending. At the very last moment (literally as we and others arrived) the agreed upon location shut its doors due to a covid outbreak among the staff.

A sign of times unfortunetly but we where then left having to think on our feet and find a way let everyone attending know where the new location was going to be.

Obviously it was impossible to message everyone on the list from our phone there and then to let them know what was happening so we ended up having to make a forum post and status update about where we where to let people know.

This obviously breached privacy for some people and meant that we lost control of numbers (and as such we where informed a few non invited folks attempted to join in the social group meet).

I appreciate this was not an issue previously for fab events and may well be a rare issue going forward but having a group message facility for organized events would have been a huge problem solver for us last night and retained some semblance of privacy for people rather than annocing to everyone I the local area where we where and what we where doing.

Please, in this new world we all have to love in, consider adding a group message option as we are now living in a time where places are just shutting their doors at the snap of their fingers. Not a problem for smaller meets but for social events please consider adding group messaging.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heekyflickWoman  over a year ago

LINCOLN

This was being discussed years ago to allow bulk messages etc for organisers and it just dieda slow quiet death ..I agree this would be better for organisers to handle the large numbers

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I’d vote for it for The Secret Tea Party

» Add a new message to this topic