FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Delete sent messages from recipients profile

Delete sent messages from recipients profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *un-cple OP   Couple  over a year ago

South Molton

I think there should be an option to delete sent messages from the recipients profile (like you can with pictures)

This would be handy in various situations,

1. Messaged about a meet but arrange another one before they get back to you

2. Sent a party invite- read but not responded to,

3. Sent a message which is ignored

Just my thoughts

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

South Molton

Also you could delete messages that haven’t been read within a couple of days if recipients haven’t been online, avoids awkward communication

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That is not a good idea, because it would mean members could send abusive messages to people and then delete them whenever they want.

That doesn't stop anyone reporting them surely?

The benefits suggested by the OP to the majority outweigh the misuse of the few.

"That doesn't stop anyone reporting them surely?

The benefits suggested by the OP to the majority outweigh the misuse of the few."

How can a recipient report a message if the sender has removed it??

They CAN'T report it if it is deleted from the recipient's inbox, which is the suggestion that is being made by the OP .

It might be removed from the recipients inbox but like the chat Windows, all comments are retrievable by Fab.

(No need for caps!)

South Molton

The benefits suggested by the OP to the majority outweigh the misuse of the few.

They CAN'T report it if it is deleted from the recipient's inbox, which is the suggestion that is being made by the OP ."

Just screenshot the abusive message and send to admin,

By *anae21Woman  over a year ago

Nearer than you think

They CAN'T report it if it is deleted from the recipient's inbox, which is the suggestion that is being made by the OP .

Just screenshot the abusive message and send to admin, "

I'm not able to screenshot anything from Fab.

By *odyandsoul87Man  over a year ago

Leicester

Also if you've sent someone your number or other contact details, you might want to retract those for many good reasons.

I'm not able to screenshot anything from Fab."

Really? multiple ways work on desktop and mobile for me

Nearer than you think

Really? multiple ways work on desktop and mobile for me"

Nope. Can't screenshot from fab on my phone.

Laptop is "work sensitive"

South Molton

[Removed by poster at 17/08/21 19:41:29]

Laptop is "work sensitive" "

You tried "windows + shift + S" on desktop? I know Firefox also has a screenshot tool if you right click then "Take Sceenshot". But sounds like if your laptop is for work there maybe something blocking it like the SKY GO app does.

Maybe if you take a photo of the screen with another phone and send yourself the picture? lol bit of a faff tho! x

South Molton

Just take a photo of the screen on your phone

Just tell your boss your using work laptop to come on a swingers site

You never know he may be on here himself or she ??

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

If a laptop is “work sensitive” then I would _strongly_ suggest you reconsider using it to access this site. An employer who deems a laptop to be “sensitive” is unlikely to be sympathetic to it being used to access a swingers site.

South Molton

I guess this post has gone seriously off topic

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Perhaps message retraction could be the solution - the recipient could view a notification of the retraction but not the message contents.

Obviously everyone should at all times adhere to Fab terms, including the law but people may think twice about how they're said something, which may affect others, which may be better as withdrawn back. I'm guessing that this may happen and if the sender is able to retract the message, the recipient would be spared the impact.

Probably those would be a tiny minority of the messages that people may wish to retract.

I can see the benefit of the feature. Admin will always have full records, just the same as if any of us delete a message at any point.

I can see the need for some to want to retract personally sensitive information they've sent, for whatever reason they may have.

Nearer than you think

Laptop is "work sensitive"

If a laptop is “work sensitive” then I would _strongly_ suggest you reconsider using it to access this site. An employer who deems a laptop to be “sensitive” is unlikely to be sympathetic to it being used to access a swingers site."

Exactly. That's why I only use my phone, not my laptop, to access fab. I'm not that daft.

South Molton

[Removed by poster at 18/08/21 07:08:30]

South Molton

The delay in showing someone on line and leaving the site has is another reason for being able to delete sent emails, we have sent messages to couples who appear to be online only to find they went off line a few minutes earlier, we then have to wait to see if the come back on line to respond, especially frustrating if we have suggested a meet and now have to wait to see if interested, if we could delete the message we could then contact someone else who is online

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

Are you using private browsing on your phone? A friend of mine has mentioned that they can’t screenshot in private browsing mode, but they can if they turn it off.

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

Anyway, I don’t think you can send screenshots to admin, I haven’t seen a way to do it.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I think people should own what they type in messages or in the forum. Deleting messages from another's inbox is not something I would support.

Think before you type and remember this is the Internet so once you've put it out there.... own it.

South Molton

"I think people should own what they type in messages or in the forum. Deleting messages from another's inbox is not something I would support.

Think before you type and remember this is the Internet so once you've put it out there.... own it."

It’s not about deleting shitty messages, it’s about deleting request for meets etc if they don’t respond or go off line without reading/replying

"The delay in showing someone on line and leaving the site has is another reason for being able to delete sent emails, we have sent messages to couples who appear to be online only to find they went off line a few minutes earlier, we then have to wait to see if the come back on line to respond, especially frustrating if we have suggested a meet and now have to wait to see if interested, if we could delete the message we could then contact someone else who is online "

Do you only send ‘want to meet now?’ messages?

I sent a message to someone today it was read but a short time later it disappeared from my sent mail, very strange

South Molton

"The delay in showing someone on line and leaving the site has is another reason for being able to delete sent emails, we have sent messages to couples who appear to be online only to find they went off line a few minutes earlier, we then have to wait to see if the come back on line to respond, especially frustrating if we have suggested a meet and now have to wait to see if interested, if we could delete the message we could then contact someone else who is online

Do you only send ‘want to meet now?’ messages?"

No, I was using this as an example,

By *erandhim.ch5Couple  over a year ago

Sealand, Flintshire, Wales

"I think there should be an option to delete sent messages from the recipients profile (like you can with pictures)

Just my thoughts

"

We would also like for messages to be permanently deleted, not to show up the next time a person messages even though we deleted them, this may be linked to the other person not deleting messages i think so being able to delete from all wold be perfect.

South Molton

Hopefully Fab will still look at this as an option

South Molton

I have another scenario where this feature would be handy, we had a party this weekend and had 12 couples confirming they were coming, sent them our address, directions and contact number, however 1 of these couples never turned up and never messaged or have been in contact since, however, they still have the message I sent with all my contact details and address, I would like to delete this message ASAP but I am unable to do this with the current setup - thoughts

"I have another scenario where this feature would be handy, we had a party this weekend and had 12 couples confirming they were coming, sent them our address, directions and contact number, however 1 of these couples never turned up and never messaged or have been in contact since, however, they still have the message I sent with all my contact details and address, I would like to delete this message ASAP but I am unable to do this with the current setup - thoughts "

I am sorry but as I said before if messages were able to be deleted it would lead to a huge number of abusive messages getting sent then deleted.

It is a chance you take when sending your address, that the person may not turn up.

"I think there should be an option to delete sent messages from the recipients profile (like you can with pictures)

Just my thoughts

We would also like for messages to be permanently deleted, not to show up the next time a person messages even though we deleted them, this may be linked to the other person not deleting messages i think so being able to delete from all wold be perfect."

I wouldn’t. It’s useful to be able to look back and see what someone has said.

South Molton

"I have another scenario where this feature would be handy, we had a party this weekend and had 12 couples confirming they were coming, sent them our address, directions and contact number, however 1 of these couples never turned up and never messaged or have been in contact since, however, they still have the message I sent with all my contact details and address, I would like to delete this message ASAP but I am unable to do this with the current setup - thoughts

I am sorry but as I said before if messages were able to be deleted it would lead to a huge number of abusive messages getting sent then deleted.

It is a chance you take when sending your address, that the person may not turn up.

"

Maybe we have been lucky but we have never received an abusive message so I still think this option has more advantages than disadvantages

Various scenarios on this subject and in my few years here I’ve encountered them all, as have we all.

How I deal with the FaB idiosyncrasies and don’t let the BS of it get into my head:

Send a first mail then immediately delete it from your sent folder. If you get a reply then great, if they don’t open, read and delete etc then you’ll never know and you’ll have forgotten the message in a day.

NEVER EVER send a follow up unless 6 months or so have passed and even then it’s very unlikely to succeed. Let it go.

Receiving attitude email: Be polite and educate on etiquette then depart and never re engage. Like a spoilt kid just kill them with educated kindness, you know it makes sense.

Being ghosted after messaging and becoming friends:

Be polite, wish them well and depart. Never re engage.

Some people don’t know how to deal with changing circumstances, have stuff going on in their lives or are just fakes/fantasists/seeking instant validation and being on FaB exposes you to these types, like it or not. Don’t let it get into your head, it’s all part of the dance.

Good luck

Xx

South Molton

"Various scenarios on this subject and in my few years here I’ve encountered them all, as have we all.

How I deal with the FaB idiosyncrasies and don’t let the BS of it get into my head:

Send a first mail then immediately delete it from your sent folder. If you get a reply then great, if they don’t open, read and delete etc then you’ll never know and you’ll have forgotten the message in a day.

NEVER EVER send a follow up unless 6 months or so have passed and even then it’s very unlikely to succeed. Let it go.

Receiving attitude email: Be polite and educate on etiquette then depart and never re engage. Like a spoilt kid just kill them with educated kindness, you know it makes sense.

Being ghosted after messaging and becoming friends:

Be polite, wish them well and depart. Never re engage.

Some people don’t know how to deal with changing circumstances, have stuff going on in their lives or are just fakes/fantasists/seeking instant validation and being on FaB exposes you to these types, like it or not. Don’t let it get into your head, it’s all part of the dance.

Good luck

Xx "

Not quite sure of the relevance of this post to the original post about retracting/deleting sent emails like you can with the photos

» Add a new message to this topic