FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > New joiners

New joiners

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hat_alt_couple OP   Couple  over a year ago

near you

Hi. I have an idea to help with added security to the site. There seems to be alot more fake couples and fake females joining acting as single men.

My idea would be for new members that has not been verified by admin with picture proof to have limited accessibility such as not able to view people's pictures or able to message people until verified. I belive this may help with fake profiles from pic hoarding and sharing them about.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

I think site should have a verification chat room where new singles or couples should chat face to face and prove their identity , before given full membership, with both male and female being together for couples profiles

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

"Hi. I have an idea to help with added security to the site. There seems to be alot more fake couples and fake females joining acting as single men.

My idea would be for new members that has not been verified by admin with picture proof to have limited accessibility such as not able to view people's pictures or able to message people until verified. I belive this may help with fake profiles from pic hoarding and sharing them about."

You can block unverified peoole from messaging and keep most pics in your friends only album. Pic verification will do all but nothing to stop any fakes but will stop traffic coming to the site and will put alot if people off joining. And anyone can horde pics. If you don't want that happening don't have them public and search for verified memebers yourself.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Admin have always said they have no plans to make PVs - photo verification- compulsory.

But there are message filter that stop new and unverified profiles contacting you and just don't mail any profile that doesn't have the green PV flag.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I think site should have a verification chat room where new singles or couples should chat face to face and prove their identity , before given full membership, with both male and female being together for couples profiles "

This would probably be impractical for a free site.

Each of us needs to take responsibility for our own choices here. I've seen no difference really in my 11 years here.

The site is free and relies on each of us to use diligence and be reasonable, when we choose to engage or not, with others.

Lots of threads have suggested like the OP and can be read and learned from

By *lyreelMan  over a year ago

King's lynn

That’s the problem, it’s “free”. After a week then it should be pay up or reduce what they can actually enter. Overnight it would stop the asshole fake contingent.

By *AURA6969TV/TS  over a year ago

RUGBY

Thought this was an advertisement for a local carpenter nearly passed it by. LOL

Shangri-La

"That’s the problem, it’s “free”. After a week then it should be pay up or reduce what they can actually enter. Overnight it would stop the asshole fake contingent. "

Yes its a free site. You knew that when you joined surly? Go join another and pay 25 upwards a month see if you can get a meet there then, but how people can join a free site, probably without paying themselves for a while, knowing people can join free and then moan about the fact people can join free is just beyond me.

By *hat_alt_couple OP   Couple  over a year ago

near you

Lot of good suggestions we wasn't aware of the filter options. I'll give them a try but it does put alot of people off also when they find out after talking and planning etc that it's just a single lonely guy

Shangri-La

"Lot of good suggestions we wasn't aware of the filter options. I'll give them a try but it does put alot of people off also when they find out after talking and planning etc that it's just a single lonely guy "

Thats why when i met couples I would always want to facetime with both of them as soon as possible. I wouldnt even entertain the idea of meeting untill I had

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

[Removed by poster at 14/10/21 18:54:10]

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Hi. I have an idea to help with added security to the site. There seems to be alot more fake couples and fake females joining acting as single men.

My idea would be for new members that has not been verified by admin with picture proof to have limited accessibility such as not able to view people's pictures or able to message people until verified. I belive this may help with fake profiles from pic hoarding and sharing them about."

Their is the filters available so non new members aren't able to see new members this I would think stop them also viewing old members if the preference is set and give admin an opportunity to do their investigations to figure out if genuine or not... Being patient also helps rather than jumping on any new members

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"That’s the problem, it’s “free”. After a week then it should be pay up or reduce what they can actually enter. Overnight it would stop the asshole fake contingent. "

Payment will never stop fakes.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"Thought this was an advertisement for a local carpenter nearly passed it by. LOL "

Thank goodness I was not the only one !

By *lyreelMan  over a year ago

King's lynn

"That’s the problem, it’s “free”. After a week then it should be pay up or reduce what they can actually enter. Overnight it would stop the asshole fake contingent.

Yes its a free site. You knew that when you joined surly? Go join another and pay 25 upwards a month see if you can get a meet there then, but how people can join a free site, probably without paying themselves for a while, knowing people can join free and then moan about the fact people can join free is just beyond me.

"

So we shouldn’t look at ways to improve the experience for the paying members? I haven’t mentioned meets? Or moaned about the fact that it’s free? I just feel that it can be capped to a certain amount of free membership? Why people , you, respond in such a personal way about someone’s views, mine, only because they are not the same as their own, yours, is beyond me!

Isn’t discussion allowed? Or would you rather a Police state where we all have to follow like sheep? Chill out ffs!

Shangri-La

"That’s the problem, it’s “free”. After a week then it should be pay up or reduce what they can actually enter. Overnight it would stop the asshole fake contingent.

So we shouldn’t look at ways to improve the experience for the paying members? I haven’t mentioned meets? Or moaned about the fact that it’s free? I just feel that it can be capped to a certain amount of free membership? Why people , you, respond in such a personal way about someone’s views, mine, only because they are not the same as their own, yours, is beyond me!

Isn’t discussion allowed? Or would you rather a Police state where we all have to follow like sheep? Chill out ffs!

"

Yezh it is lol but so many posts about this same thing, its a free site, paying members get extras if they want. That's not following sheep. Its getting what you pay for.

By *ver-CuriousCouple  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

"

I can honestly say I have never seen a female or couples profile,where they act as single men.

By *hubby CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Essex

I can honestly say I have never seen a female or couples profile,where they act as single men. "

we thought the same but it would mean they are hiding safely in plain site.

By *hubby CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Essex

[Removed by poster at 17/10/21 12:14:52]

By *ollynTwitchCouple  over a year ago

Chigwell

Too many damn Single Guys on a "Swingers" site. They need to close the doors or something! Its ridiculous getting bombarded with messages etc.!!

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

We think that getting photo verified should be a requirement at the time of signing up. We know people will still get around it but it'll certainly lower the amount of frauds on here.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

[Removed by poster at 20/10/21 08:27:46]

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Too many damn Single Guys on a "Swingers" site. They need to close the doors or something! Its ridiculous getting bombarded with messages etc.!!"

Like hundreds have already told you on your last thread, use your filters and block single guys.

Is it really that difficult to understand.