FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > No picture profiles

No picture profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it possible for Admin to now introduce all profiles to have at least an avatar and one picture on all these profiles.

A lot of meeting sites have that as compulsory!

I was hoping it could be something you could look into.

Regards....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Its everyones choice what they put on their profiles, you have the choice to filter out profies with no public pics.

As im not lookking to meet right now i dont have a profile pic so it attracts less people

I think it should be standard like most sites on the internet!

.....and they can get round that filter btw. By adding a pic to their profile, messaging others - then hiding the picture again.

There you go, I've give you the idea now and those reading!

....and you have pics on your profile sooooooo

"....and you have pics on your profile sooooooo "

Uv just reminded me to hide them.

If people try get round the filter by adding a pic then removing it again then clearly they arent worth wanting to meet, so can you not just move on?

Yeah I've moved on an blocked love.

But I'm on the Fabswingers feedback section of the forum, so that's what I'm doing over an issue with the site - feedback

As a person who hides her pictures on the profile and avatar. Could you tell me why you do that. Just want to see if there is a different reason, to the ones I've already read ages ago.....

Appreciate your feedback

Could you tell me why you do that

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"Is it possible for Admin to now introduce all profiles to have at least an avatar and one picture on all these profiles.

Regards...."

We agree that it should be mandatory when joining. Been saying it for months but they won't do it.

I've blocked over 50 profiles since 7am lol

Those are the ones I can see in Looked At Me.

OR

make them photo verify.

Might stop those returning people looking to troll with issues they have with others.

"Is it possible for Admin to now introduce all profiles to have at least an avatar and one picture on all these profiles.

Regards....

We agree that it should be mandatory when joining. Been saying it for months but they won't do it."

What do a load of talking heads (avatars) bring to the site?

By *ustfortheforumsWoman  over a year ago

no

Regards....

We agree that it should be mandatory when joining. Been saying it for months but they won't do it."

Why do you care??? You say the same thing again and again but when someone has a profile picture you ignore them, and don’t reply, so it’s kinda bullshit what you are saying......

If they could sort the issue with getting round that filter bit would be a great start.

Regards....

We agree that it should be mandatory when joining. Been saying it for months but they won't do it. What do a load of talking heads (avatars) bring to the site?"

Revenue darling!

For example: 80 profiles I've blocked today with no avatar AND no pics on their profiles - 41 have paid site support.

By *eard-lincolnMan  over a year ago

market rasen

There’s probably more women who don’t have profile photos than men. Nearly every single one on my newsfeed is a black silhouette. Tends to mostly be couples that are happy to have photos and avatars.

Oh btw would like to make it clear.

I've not said what type of pics, which could be any part of yourself!

It'll be a start if it's just ANY pic.

I'm not really known as a hypocrite, just incase anyone is thinking that lol

"Yeah I've moved on an blocked love.

But I'm on the Fabswingers feedback section of the forum, so that's what I'm doing over an issue with the site - feedback

As a person who hides her pictures on the profile and avatar. Could you tell me why you do that. Just want to see if there is a different reason, to the ones I've already read ages ago.....

Appreciate your feedback

Could you tell me why you do that "

Coz im not looking for anything at the minute am only chatting to friends and forums, when i have pics available i get lots more messages then when i dont so its easier

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I could understand less reluctance on a dating site, to enforced pics but swinging is something a bit less socially acceptable at present. Use of the site could also get some people the sack, so I'm guessing the owners here could be reluctant to become associated with potential liability.

With tens of thousands of people here, we can each still search to exclude those who don't have pics etc, so won't be short of potential company

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

The no picture thing I get, the not having to picture verify when you join I don’t!!! For me that should be compulsory, at least make the fake accounts work for it Miss pc

"I could understand less reluctance on a dating site, to enforced pics but swinging is something a bit less socially acceptable at present. Use of the site could also get some people the sack, so I'm guessing the owners here could be reluctant to become associated with potential liability.

With tens of thousands of people here, we can each still search to exclude those who don't have pics etc, so won't be short of potential company "

Oh good point - never thought of liability implications! I know folk have been recognised without the need for their faces being shown.

"There’s probably more women who don’t have profile photos than men. Nearly every single one on my newsfeed is a black silhouette. Tends to mostly be couples that are happy to have photos and avatars. "

Ahh I see, problematic with Fem profiles too

"The no picture thing I get, the not having to picture verify when you join I don’t!!! For me that should be compulsory, at least make the fake accounts work for it Miss pc "

I know if you continuosly finish then start profiles from the same device. The site do stop you from starting a new profile without photo verification. Not sure how many profiles that takes before that happens though!

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

It doesn't really matter what profiles are like. some will appeal, others won't.

If you take the trouble to create a decent profile you might just raise some interest.

The competition on here is immense but when all is said and done the the wheat will sort itself out from the chaff and the people more likely to succeed might just do so if they are lucky and the rest will fall by the wayside. Amen.

By *edRavenCouple  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

I do agree with the op that all profiles should have at least one photo of the person.

I will not talk to anyone without one.

And I still had someone I friended screenshot my photos god know why!

I know his ex girlfriend she found them on his phone, & I think he had a fake picture up because I would never of friended him

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"The no picture thing I get, the not having to picture verify when you join I don’t!!! For me that should be compulsory, at least make the fake accounts work for it Miss pc

I know if you continuosly finish then start profiles from the same device. The site do stop you from starting a new profile without photo verification. Not sure how many profiles that takes before that happens though!"

That isn't true

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I do agree with the op that all profiles should have at least one photo of the person.

I know his ex girlfriend she found them on his phone, & I think he had a fake picture up because I would never of friended him"

That is the issue, if having one pic up public would be compulsory and people didn't want to, they may put a fake one up anyway so defeats the object

I personally think people should use the site how they wish, if your own criteria is wanting to see a public pic on a profile, ignore the ones that don't have pics

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"There’s probably more women who don’t have profile photos than men. Nearly every single one on my newsfeed is a black silhouette. Tends to mostly be couples that are happy to have photos and avatars. "

You'll probably find that most of those accounts aren't women.

"The no picture thing I get, the not having to picture verify when you join I don’t!!! For me that should be compulsory, at least make the fake accounts work for it Miss pc

I know if you continuosly finish then start profiles from the same device. The site do stop you from starting a new profile without photo verification. Not sure how many profiles that takes before that happens though!

That isn't true"

It is, it's happend to me in the past.

"I do agree with the op that all profiles should have at least one photo of the person.

I know his ex girlfriend she found them on his phone, & I think he had a fake picture up because I would never of friended him

That is the issue, if having one pic up public would be compulsory and people didn't want to, they may put a fake one up anyway so defeats the object

I personally think people should use the site how they wish, if your own criteria is wanting to see a public pic on a profile, ignore the ones that don't have pics"

It's difficult to ignore, if they know how to get around the no picture filter before messaging in DM.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Given amount of cases read would've thought it would be compulsory for a profile picture or even photo verified legally

Ive been off and on a couple of times (getting into relationships) and I have had to photo verify each time so dont know how people are not having to do that?

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"I've blocked over 50 profiles since 7am lol

Those are the ones I can see in Looked At Me.

OR

make them photo verify.

Might stop those returning people looking to troll with issues they have with others."

Let me see if I understand this....

You visited the profiles of 50 people who had the audacity to look at your profile (and the photos you choose to have on view), not people who messaged you, people who merely looked.

You then blocked all 50 because they weren't running their profiles the way you want them to.

And Fab has to change its rules to stop you having to do this?

Winston

Yes half of those aren't spending money on that profile to be here.

Do we know at that point they are over 18?

The filter system being used for no contact with non picture profiles is also being manipulated. I have quite a few profiles a week contacting me with no pics attached to their message and no pics on their profiles.

Why would I talk to those ?

Photo verification is the way forward now....

Yes I block people who's profile I'm not interested in.... NOT just those without pics!

Don't think I'm unique with that idea!

"Yes half of those aren't spending money on that profile to be here.

The filter system being used for no contact with non picture profiles is also being manipulated. I have quite a few profiles a week contacting me with no pics attached to their message and no pics on their profiles.

Photo verification is the way forward now...."

So what if they aren't spending money on that profile to be here? It's a free to join site, is it not?

Photo verification wouldn't prove they are over 18. It doesn't actually 100% prove anything.

It's really easy to avoid people you don't want contacting you.

Filters will help enhance your enjoyment of the site.

Winston.

By *uckyFarmersCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

What we don't understand is they have no profile picture all the people who have pictures from over 10 years ago.....

Yet Attractive everyday on their profile.....

So what if they aren't spending money on that profile to be here? It's a free to join site, is it not?

Photo verification wouldn't prove they are over 18. It doesn't actually 100% prove anything.

Winston."

As wrote Winston. The filters aren't working as I've already wrote. In your mind why wouldn't a picture put a teenager off uploading if they had too?

"What we don't understand is they have no profile picture all the people who have pictures from over 10 years ago.....

Yet Attractive everyday on their profile....."

My pictures aren't 10 years old, merely months. I haven't met anyone in 8 years who haven't looked like their pics. So can't comment with that issue you've come across...

As I wrote above too - it's ironic I have to add a photo verification before I can operate this site - when I've had previous profiles in the past on another phone!

So it can be mandatory, it doesn't have to be added as extra, it's already in effect.

Sorry if this is pissing people off, those who haven't added, it's only my opinion. No changes will happen, so you don't have to panic. I totally understand the discretion side.

Winston.

As wrote Winston. The filters aren't working as I've already wrote. In your mind why wouldn't a picture put a teenager off uploading if they had too?"

Same as time immemorial.

Teenagers. Rules.

Not a chance in Hell it would put them off.

Out of intetest, how many teenager profiles have you found?

Winston

Forum Mod

O o O oo

That isn't true

It is, it's happend to me in the past."

It isn't. You may have had to do a PV before becoming active on the site but it would not have been for the reason you suggest

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I personally think people should use the site how they wish, if your own criteria is wanting to see a public pic on a profile, ignore the ones that don't have pics

It's difficult to ignore, if they know how to get around the no picture filter before messaging in DM."

It is easy to ignore, delete the message

It's difficult to ignore, if they know how to get around the no picture filter before messaging in DM.

It is easy to ignore, delete the message"

That isn't true

It is, it's happend to me in the past.

It isn't. You may have had to do a PV before becoming active on the site but it would not have been for the reason you suggest"

Interesting, I wonder what it was...

I'll let that other person I know who thought the same as me too...

Thanks for getting back

Winston.

As wrote Winston. The filters aren't working as I've already wrote. In your mind why wouldn't a picture put a teenager off uploading if they had too?

Same as time immemorial.

Teenagers. Rules.

Not a chance in Hell it would put them off.

Out of intetest, how many teenager profiles have you found?

Winston"

Lol

Thanks for getting back.

Take care

» Add a new message to this topic