FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Body Type Descriptions

Body Type Descriptions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does any one else get frustrated with the randomness of how some people describe their body type? There is no intention to cause offence here, but surely a waist size for guys and a dress size for girls would make life a little easier...

What is the difference between Curvy & Ample. Large is sort of ok, but Fabulous! Is it not down to someone's opinion of themselves and yes body type is a sensative subject, but by making it easier to imagine must be a good thing surely. Especially when there are no pics.

Am curious to see what response this gets??

xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atcockleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

They do sort of cloud the issue some of the meanings I suppose its a fun way of explaining yourself on here

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

also find this to be very random and vague

So glad we are not the only ones. We were expecting lots of abuse over this...but there has got to be a better way of sayin "this is my size" so how about a girl saying 16 - 18 , F cup or a guy 36 - 38. You just get an immediate picture and know if they are in your "like to say hello to" range..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"also find this to be very random and vague "

I think this is generally a very random and vague site..

leeds

I don't think people would abuse you. Lots of women tend to say I'm a big girl so if that's not your thing pass me by but would be easier if it were put in there

I would say that most features that the site has are for guidance only, there is nothing to stop anyone lying on their profiles... whether that be saying they are slim, when they are really curvy, or a size 12 when they are a size 16 etc.

We take anything on someones profile as a guide only.

Steve

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

"I would say that most features that the site has are for guidance only, there is nothing to stop anyone lying on their profiles... whether that be saying they are slim, when they are really curvy, or a size 12 when they are a size 16 etc.

Steve

"

I agree in part but there is a difference!

Problem with curvy, slim, athletic they are a point of veiw so if people put they are slim, when you might think they are far from slim, they haven't lied it's a matter of opion.

Where as if some says they have a 32" waist and infact have a 38" waist that is a lie, as it cannot be a matter of opion, just a fact.

Thats why I think the OP is right, opion based choices are not good!

Well im a size 10 ,bust 32d and always happy to tell folks.I state slim in my profile details because in my opinion a size ten is slim!Curvy would probably be size 14 to 16 but it all depends on height and how well someone carrys themself!All confusing i suppose and some will always elaborate or otherwise!such is life!

"I would say that most features that the site has are for guidance only, there is nothing to stop anyone lying on their profiles... whether that be saying they are slim, when they are really curvy, or a size 12 when they are a size 16 etc.

Steve

I agree in part but there is a difference!

Problem with curvy, slim, athletic they are a point of veiw so if people put they are slim, when you might think they are far from slim, they haven't lied it's a matter of opion.

Where as if some says they have a 32" waist and infact have a 38" waist that is a lie, as it cannot be a matter of opion, just a fact.

Thats why I think the OP is right, opion based choices are not good!"

Yeah, your right, most of the 'Slim', 'Average' is an opinion of themselves.... but any description of themselves either in a selection or profile text is open to abuse... whether that be through them seeing themselves as something they arent, or down right lying to hopefully get more meets/interest.

Whatever is there, is open to abuse, so just have to form your own opinion of a profile while messaging them etc.

Steve

By *imples91Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

I have put my dress size in my profile & have taken pictures of my body too, although I think sometimes pictures can be a bit deceiving. I am a big girl but I describe myself as curvy because I have big boobs and my hips are bigger than my waist. I think it is all down to how you view yourself really but I don't see the point in telling lies when it comes to body type as it's not something you can hide when you show up for a meet lol

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Lol I agree waist size would be helpful but knowing my OH thinks waist measurement is the small bit underneath the large belly that wouldnt work..

At least I could say waist size 32/34 ..is the size that appeals to me ..no bigger.

I laugh so much at men saying they athletic ..with a big belly and moobs.. no wonder they have so many old fotos on profile.

yes please give us real options for size.

as an ex prop forward, i have a 40 waist, but a 50 chest and therefore look reasonably proportioned...i am carrying a few more pounds than in my playing days but don't look 'fat'..

It is difficult to get that across too....

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I struggle with using dress sizes as I am a 16/18 at the top and a 10/12 at the bottom, so which dress size would I put lol

leeds

"I struggle with using dress sizes as I am a 16/18 at the top and a 10/12 at the bottom, so which dress size would I put lol"
put Bbw should answer most questions x

I state my dress size as an 18 on our profile and class myself as large also. This way people know what they are getting. Its all well and good putting fabulous, in your own eyes you may be but to others you might not be. So easier to keep it simple and honest if you ask me perhaps a size option could be a good idea for both men and women?

"Well im a size 10 ,bust 32d and always happy to tell folks.I state slim in my profile details because in my opinion a size ten is slim!Curvy would probably be size 14 to 16 but it all depends on height and how well someone carrys themself!All confusing i suppose and some will always elaborate or otherwise!such is life!"

I agree that people should state their size . I do class myself as curvy as im a 14 on the bottom and and a 16 on top ,but as im tall I probably look slimmer than that...People will tell pork pies about their true measurements , like some guys lie about their height and willy size lol !

leeds

"Well im a size 10 ,bust 32d and always happy to tell folks.I state slim in my profile details because in my opinion a size ten is slim!Curvy would probably be size 14 to 16 but it all depends on height and how well someone carrys themself!All confusing i suppose and some will always elaborate or otherwise!such is life!

I agree that people should state their size . I do class myself as curvy as im a 14 on the bottom and and a 16 on top ,but as im tall I probably look slimmer than that...People will tell pork pies about their true measurements , like some guys lie about their height and willy size lol ! "

why would we ?

I don't like it when men state they are curvy. That's just wrong ! Lol

By *imples91Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

"I don't like it when men state they are curvy. That's just wrong ! Lol"

We have problems with the description of size,we are sometimes astounded by the fact that a couple contact us, their profile says curvy or large but they don't show their body pics on their profile and then they seem to be offended if we ask for pics to establish their true size.It often makes us wonder if they are purposely concealing their size in order to get their foot in the door!

By *reedygirlnmickCouple  over a year ago

wakefield

it would still be difficult to judge i think...if someone says they are a size 14 but are 5ft 2ins they will be very different to myself who is a size 14 and 5ft 10 ins tall...hope that made sense...lol!!

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

all this assumes peeps enter valid data at the time of registration

"it would still be difficult to judge i think...if someone says they are a size 14 but are 5ft 2ins they will be very different to myself who is a size 14 and 5ft 10 ins tall...hope that made sense...lol!! "

That makes perfect sense, but at least if size 14 was listed as a descriptive it gives an idea, rather than " ample, curvy or large"?? x

"it would still be difficult to judge i think...if someone says they are a size 14 but are 5ft 2ins they will be very different to myself who is a size 14 and 5ft 10 ins tall...hope that made sense...lol!! "

And you both look great by the way xxxx

By *andykissesWoman  over a year ago

laugharne

well im fat end of lol

By *uncpl2015Couple  over a year ago

Bridgend Area

"So glad we are not the only ones. We were expecting lots of abuse over this...but there has got to be a better way of sayin "this is my size" so how about a girl saying 16 - 18 , F cup or a guy 36 - 38. You just get an immediate picture and know if they are in your "like to say hello to" range.."

Yep do agree some of they huys we look at say one thing but then in pic or on cam that would not be our description of them. on our profile (mrs typing) i described myself as curvy but with more curves than ideal and as size 16-18 and bra size.. and made it perfectly clear that if they after size 10 page 3 its not me plus pics on of me. i would rather be as honest as i can as i would prefer meets be pleasantly suprised when we meet than get an idea of me and then are shocked and dissapointed when they see me in the flesh.

Im not onto frightening guys. the way it should be really. but then if you lined all of us curvy women up there would be massive differences so can be very confusing for people.

would be good for dress sizes to be used.

By *wanzMan  over a year ago

Swansea

I think the only 'abuse' of the description is the VERY large ladies with their 'fabulous' title ....

If I see 'fabulous' in a description, Im generally expecting that when I scroll down theres going to be someone larger than me LOL

NOT that I have anything against the curvy / larger ladies ! (Hopes that gets me a swerve from abuse)

its all a bit misleading, if a pro body builder or heavy weight boxer was on here hes have to describe himself as large??? so does large mean fat? or large mean big ,stock, muscular?

as for women who put fabulous.... well id say a model figure is fabulous, not that i have anything against larger ladies but bbw and fabulous is a big difference imo that is

By *pl- capdagdeCouple  over a year ago

Cap d agde,France

"its all a bit misleading, if a pro body builder or heavy weight boxer was on here hes have to describe himself as large??? so does large mean fat? or large mean big ,stock, muscular?

as for women who put fabulous.... well id say a model figure is fabulous, not that i have anything against larger ladies but bbw and fabulous is a big difference imo that is"

Same as guys that say they are athletic,yet look like a racing snake with a pot belly. Seen plenty of them

"So glad we are not the only ones. We were expecting lots of abuse over this...but there has got to be a better way of sayin "this is my size" so how about a girl saying 16 - 18 , F cup or a guy 36 - 38. You just get an immediate picture and know if they are in your "like to say hello to" range.."

Why not put it in your profile

"its all a bit misleading, if a pro body builder or heavy weight boxer was on here hes have to describe himself as large??? so does large mean fat? or large mean big ,stock, muscular?

as for women who put fabulous.... well id say a model figure is fabulous, not that i have anything against larger ladies but bbw and fabulous is a big difference imo that is"

Interesting I put athletic but on reflection should have put large as I am 54 chest 32 waist 17 stone 4 lbs ! No I'm not a body builder . And my husband is even bigger ??

The way I read it is that fabulous is a step further than large. If you go to the drop down box on your profile its listed as slim,average,curvy,large,fabulous.

But I think the fabulous description is more a state of mind...ie someone who feels they are on the larger side but is very very confident and comfortable in their skin.

just my take on it.

[Removed by poster at 13/10/12 23:54:19]

By *ayseanMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

It can be conflicting i suppose for people describing there self on here,for example im 15 stone yet can sometimes fit into 32 waist trouser/jeans,people have varying body types within there own body! Lol

I'm a dress size 18 so describe myself as curvy font really think I'm a big enough BBW to describe myself as ample n saying I'm fabulous is just a bit bigheaded in my opinion. But it depends on personal viewpoint at the end of the day

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Measurements like that for guys wouldn't really work. I like muscular men. One of my faves was 21 stone and his waist and chest measurement would make you think he was fat.

But he was also very tall and all muscle.

And dress sizes don't necessarily help either. I'm a 14/16 but have met women smaller than me whose weight distribution made them look like a sack of spuds!

A few decent, recent body/torso shots are worth far more than words. Although accompanied by a selection of veris which tell you the pics are accurate will always help.

"Does any one else get frustrated with the randomness of how some people describe their body type? There is no intention to cause offence here, but surely a waist size for guys and a dress size for girls would make life a little easier...

What is the difference between Curvy & Ample. Large is sort of ok, but Fabulous! Is it not down to someone's opinion of themselves and yes body type is a sensative subject, but by making it easier to imagine must be a good thing surely. Especially when there are no pics.

Am curious to see what response this gets??

xx"

I agree, it would be simpler. We jut went with average but even that depends on what you consider 'normal'

"A few decent, recent body/torso shots are worth far more than words. Although accompanied by a selection of veris which tell you the pics are accurate will always help."

Couldn't agree more.....

I think a lot of these conversations would be avoided if women had two body types sections one saying hourglass/apple/pear/straight then a secondary class of extra small/small/medium/large/extra large and fab could give some guidance on what they were (ie. extra small = up to size 6, small = size 8-10, medium = 12-14, large = 16-18, extra large = 20+)

» Add a new message to this topic