FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > A limit to how many unread messages that can be sent to a single person?

A limit to how many unread messages that can be sent to a single person?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Feel like something luke this would be beneficial:

-Prevent spam

-encourages more thought out messages

-Less daunting inboxes (therefore easier to read

Just a thought that probably someone else has mentioned.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Do you mean people blocked from sending?

Maybe after 1-2 messages they aren't allowed to send anymore... until the recipient has replied.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am not sure I have seen many people saying they get multiple mails on the trot to be honest

Fair enough... the idea came to me since I saw a bio post saying they had 1k messages. With others saying they have 100s.

Also this site adds each unread message to the "X Unread" notification under the message bar

Forum Mod

O o O oo

People can use filters to limit their mails, be that multiple or single mails

https://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

Not really referring to the current filters. Since they don't really tackle anything I've been talking about.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

To be fair they do, people can limit who can mail you. If people are complaining about too many mails the filters will cut them down. The block button is a good option if you get multiple mails

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

"To be fair they do, people can limit who can mail you. If people are complaining about too many mails the filters will cut them down. The block button is a good option if you get multiple mails"

I think what the OP means is, if A sends B a message then A can't send another message to B until B at least reads the message. It has happened to me previously, A sent a message, I didn't read the message but within minutes A has sent another message with '???' or 'well' etc. xx

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think he meant more than a couple of mails and why I said I don't think I have seen many people complaining of that

At the minute there is a message that comes up that says something along the lines of you have already sent this person a message and they have not answered, if someone then sends another mail and people don't want those mails there is the options I mentioned for us all to use.

By *rcaribbeansunshineMan  over a year ago

London

"Feel like something luke this would be beneficial:

-Prevent spam

-encourages more thought out messages

-Less daunting inboxes (therefore easier to read

Just a thought that probably someone else has mentioned."

I have seen something like this implemented elsewhere and agree it is a good way to stop repeat offenders. 3 or 4 could be the limit. 1k messages a day, wow!

[Removed by poster at 10/12/21 16:47:58]

What emma said

Forum Mod

O o O oo

In which case I hope they don't, there is plenty of times where I have sent a mail to someone and wrote a second mail with a PS

Mr sunshine suggested putting a set limit on it... so maybe 2-3 unreads

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Your suggestion was 1 or 2 after seeing people say they have hundreds of mails. Again, if people don't want that many mails they could use the tools provided to limit the mails or block anyone they didn't want mails from

Either way you are in the right place for your suggestion

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Your suggestion n your second posts was 1 or 2 after seeing people say they have hundreds of mails. Again, if people don't want that many mails they could use the tools provided to limit the mails or block anyone they didn't want mails from

Either way you are in the right place for your suggestion

Emma elaborated on my point more clearly than I did. It's about putting a limit to the amount of messages you can send someone who hasn't read the prior one yet.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This idea/suggestion is epic. I get a lot of people send multiple messages, without allowing me enough time to go through it.

"This idea/suggestion is epic. I get a lot of people send multiple messages, without allowing me enough time to go through it."

Glad you think so. I feel like what we have so far ia pretry good but it's obvious that it can be better

By *udewhennudeMan  over a year ago

newport

People are just looking for problems which probably 99% of the users on the site don’t have an issue with. It’s so easy for anyone experiencing this problem, ie unwanted mail, to deal with by use of current filters or the block button.

The downside to implementing restrictions is that even more fake profiles will result in an effort to get around the restrictions or in the case of some of the other suggestions they will simply leave or not pay to be a supporter, if they feel their experience on fab is less than satisfactory because of unnecessary restrictions.

"People are just looking for problems which probably 99% of the users on the site don’t have an issue with. It’s so easy for anyone experiencing this problem, ie unwanted mail, to deal with by use of current filters or the block button.

The downside to implementing restrictions is that even more fake profiles will result in an effort to get around the restrictions or in the case of some of the other suggestions they will simply leave or not pay to be a supporter, if they feel their experience on fab is less than satisfactory because of unnecessary restrictions."

You've pretty much missed the point of this suggestion. The current filters available only restrict based on gender/relationship status.

They don't restrict based on how much spam you get from an individual that messages you repeatedly. My suggestion addresses that and would mpst likely lead to more thoughtful messages being sent.

Also you say that restrictions/filters lead to mkre fake profiles being made yet praise restrictions/filters that are already on the site. You contradict yourself here.

If you truly think restrictions/filters lead to fake accounts then by your own logic yoi shoukd hate message filters

By *odyandsoul87Man  over a year ago

Leicester

Regarding the filters, they are clearly not sufficient, there are thousands of men who can be verified by meet, photo verified, within the right age range, not new and with public photos on profile.

As for the "site supporter" inbox filter, that's a silly one to have when we don't even filter by distance!

We should also have inbox filters for height and I say this as someone who's 5ft6.

Not to mention race should be an inbox filter too, I'm South-Asian, I wouldn't mind being pre-emptively blocked, saves the other person time too and less offensive than seeing NO ASIANS on profiles.