FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > just a clear seperation of Trans people and crossdressers

just a clear seperation of Trans people and crossdressers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

yeah basically just that as a transwoman i dont know if i should be putting myself on here as woman or tv but crossdressers also use tv and its really just unclear

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It would be nice to have the options listed separately to help people understand the difference

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Clarity is king here. Or should that be queen?

By *inky_ragnarCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

We raised this ourselves in the forums. If admin are not going to update the site then it's up to members to ensure thier profiles clearly state if they are transv or trans

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

This has been raised a few times. I have no idea why the site won't listen and separate the categories.

Woman 100%.

"yeah basically just that as a transwoman i dont know if i should be putting myself on here as woman or tv but crossdressers also use tv and its really just unclear"
I have to say as a straight guy, amazing pictures you have, but it does seem confusing to me whom is what and who wants what they are after

[Removed by poster at 24/02/22 06:00:26]

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

such a shame i cant change it

By *uffolkClareClactonDaveCouple  over a year ago

Felixstowe/Clacton-on-Sea

"Woman 100%. "

Oh, there's absolutely no doubt about that gorgeous!

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

think it would be good for clarity sake to make them quite separate.

We seek a male to female trans

but we seem to get a lot of cross dressers and sissies offering to meet us,

not what we look for at all.

By *usktilDawnCouple  over a year ago

York

We were thinking this ought to be clarified.

In our opinion, there should be separate categories for transsexuals and CD/TVs. The key point being that the former live as the gender they choose, as opposed to people who crossdress but maintain their birth gender in everyday life.

The definition is pretty clear:

CD stands for cross dressing yes?

TV stands for transvestite, which by dictionary definition means the same thing.

Transsexual means someone who is undergoing a transition from one gender to another as per dictionary definition referenced here;

adjective: transexual

denoting or relating to a transgender person, especially one whose bodily characteristics have been altered through surgery or hormone treatment to bring them into alignment with their gender identity.

As such they are very different things and should be treated with the respect they deserve rather than all grouped together under one sweeping banner, which seems a little out of step with current thinking?

A bit like saying that everyone who isn't heterosexual is gay.

Just our opinion and no offence meant to anyone. Xx

Truth is most people are sick of trans, pronoun warriors & the endless labels. It never ends.

Best just write what you want on your profile?

By *nal-DelightTV/TS  over a year ago

Haywards Heath

Gee should hermaphrodites be listed as men or women? What size clit is a bloke?

Does transitioning count and as what?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's been discussed hundreds of times and it's generally thought better as it is. As a protected characteristic, there should be no untoward pressure put on people like ourselves, especially if it's for the convenience of others who are not in it.

If we wish to, then Fab supports us changing our fab identity to female or male. Via contact to Admin. Profile text can be used to include anything that we wish to further explain our position.

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

"such a shame i cant change it"

Send admin a message. I managed to get mine changed with no fuss

"Truth is most people are sick of trans, pronoun warriors & the endless labels. It never ends.

Best just write what you want on your profile?"

Maybe I’m sick of you , with your transphobic comments.

You mentioned putting your self down as trans or a woman .. what about putting your self down as a guy ?? You were born as a Male so untill it's all been cut off ..tucked in n breasts your still legally a guy !!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"You mentioned putting your self down as trans or a woman .. what about putting your self down as a guy ?? You were born as a Male so untill it's all been cut off ..tucked in n breasts your still legally a guy !! "

That's not fully accurate, as people who are trans, which is a legally 'protected characteristic', do not have to identify with your outdated bigoted view.

"You mentioned putting your self down as trans or a woman .. what about putting your self down as a guy ?? You were born as a Male so untill it's all been cut off ..tucked in n breasts your still legally a guy !! "

Such an ignorant comment

I didnt mean to come across as ignorant or bigoted but if the person in question hasnt had a sex change then legally she or him are still the same sex as they were born .. it's a open forum and we all have our opinions .. not once I have been rude so pls dont you be .. you have your opinion n I have mine . Have a beautiful weekend n chill out

Not every trans person is able to medically transition though (illnesses, family situation etc), does that mean they are any less the gender they identify with?

"Not every trans person is able to medically transition though (illnesses, family situation etc), does that mean they are any less the gender they identify with? "

The person can identify as she or he wishes .. but my point is in my opinion if your born a Male or female then your the same sex through out your whole life .. unless the gets a sex change .. you fill out any legal forms does it give you the option of ticking a TV trans box ??

Let's not get started on that neutral gender rubbish .. take care

Gender neutral rubbish, exactly my point of being ignorant

Every time this is raised it gets dogpiled by crossdressers and transphobes.

"Not every trans person is able to medically transition though (illnesses, family situation etc), does that mean they are any less the gender they identify with?

The person can identify as she or he wishes .. but my point is in my opinion if your born a Male or female then your the same sex through out your whole life .. unless the gets a sex change .. you fill out any legal forms does it give you the option of ticking a TV trans box ??

Let's not get started on that neutral gender rubbish .. take care "

Biological sex and gender are not the same thing.

By *ikkiLeatherTV/TS  over a year ago

Southampton

[Removed by poster at 11/03/22 12:22:47]

By *ikkiLeatherTV/TS  over a year ago

Southampton

"We were thinking this ought to be clarified.

In our opinion, there should be separate categories for transsexuals and CD/TVs. The key point being that the former live as the gender they choose, as opposed to people who crossdress but maintain their birth gender in everyday life.

The definition is pretty clear:

CD stands for cross dressing yes?

TV stands for transvestite, which by dictionary definition means the same thing.

Transsexual means someone who is undergoing a transition from one gender to another as per dictionary definition referenced here;

adjective: transexual

denoting or relating to a transgender person, especially one whose bodily characteristics have been altered through surgery or hormone treatment to bring them into alignment with their gender identity.

As such they are very different things and should be treated with the respect they deserve rather than all grouped together under one sweeping banner, which seems a little out of step with current thinking?

A bit like saying that everyone who isn't heterosexual is gay.

Just our opinion and no offence meant to anyone. Xx "

Thank you for taking the time to write this. It's amazing how many people don't understand or won't understand and maybe this would help.

By *aliceWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Also worth noting that LGBT organisations train their staff and volunteers to use the term transgender rather than transexual to try and help move away from the idea that transitioning is sexually motivated. Similarly transvestite is considered an anachronistic and offensive term. Which makes the tv/ts category even more in need of some reform.

Obviously some individuals still choose to identify with the above terms.

By *aliceWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

I also note in replying to this that my gender has been changed to tv/ts...

"Gender neutral .. neural gender .. none binary .. not this not that . It's all a crock of shit . If ya born wi a cock ..ya a Male.. if ya born wi a fanny .. ya a female .. if ya want to get ya cock chopped off or ya ya want to get a cock made n stitched on then your a transsexual.. I say good luck to em .. it's there life not mine .

Cherriooo darls "

And there it is in a nutshell.

A perfect example of ignorance at its best.

"Woman 100%. "

You're a transwoman not a woman.

"Woman 100%.

You're a transwoman not a woman."

You have zero business telling someone what gender they are

"Gender neutral .. neural gender .. none binary .. not this not that . It's all a crock of shit . If ya born wi a cock ..ya a Male.. if ya born wi a fanny .. ya a female .. if ya want to get ya cock chopped off or ya ya want to get a cock made n stitched on then your a transsexual.. I say good luck to em .. it's there life not mine .

Cherriooo darls

"

????????????

"

????????????"

You have been called out a few times on this thread. Your ‘bull in a china shop’ approach is offensive. Why are you surprised by people’s reactions to your comments?

Viv

By *iteas1TV/TS  over a year ago

newport

Too Damn right there mrs ?? chick wi a dick!

"You mentioned putting your self down as trans or a woman .. what about putting your self down as a guy ?? You were born as a Male so untill it's all been cut off ..tucked in n breasts your still legally a guy !!

Too Damn right there mrs ?? chick wi a dick!"

Another transphobic CD spouting rubbish.

Are all crossdressers on fab transphobic? Seems so.

"Woman 100%.

You're a transwoman not a woman.

You have zero business telling someone what gender they are"

I don't believe in woo,-woo 'gender'

I believe in 'sex'

"You mentioned putting your self down as trans or a woman .. what about putting your self down as a guy ?? You were born as a Male so untill it's all been cut off ..tucked in n breasts your still legally a guy !!

Are all crossdressers on fab transphobic? Seems so."

Not 'transphobic', just living in the real world.

lol and a lot of gay men too x

"Woman 100%.

You're a transwoman not a woman."

You find it’s the cis women that are a little bit jealous of some of the trans community that hate on us

wow lol I will refrain from comment

I don't see many women who have "become men" on here, are there any, or even female cross dressers who wear y-fronts, vests, boxers etc...?

By *6travellerMan  over a year ago

Tayside and Midlands

My personal view is simple .Biologically Born male always male, born female always female. A person can identify as whatever they want but it is just that IDENTIFY. Scientific fact if you have a Y chromosome you are male. At the end of the day who the fuck cares? Live and let live but please do NOT mix up ‘identify’ as and ‘biological fact’.

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

Thankfully not, it can be hard for a crossdresser to say their piece sometimes as we are seen to be crossdressers for sexual reasons and not that it's part of who we are at the core.

We can be knocked from all sides so will often keep out of it.

What I will sat is that nobody has the right to tell anyone else what gender they are, you have no idea what is going on with someone else's mind or body so if you're in a position to ask about it, do so and accept what they say.

I know a fair bit about what it is to be transgendered through my own experience and of listening to others, its fucking hard!

Why is it so hard for people to simply let others live their own lives and either accept it or say nothing if all you have to add is dismissive and derogatory.

I may not like everyone but I'll stand by your right to be who you are and address you as such

"

What I will sat is that nobody has the right to tell anyone else what gender they are, you have no idea what is going on with someone else's mind or body so if you're in a position to ask about it, do so and accept what they say.

Why is it so hard for people to simply let others live their own lives and either accept it or say nothing if all you have to add is dismissive and derogatory.

"

THIS!

"My personal view is simple .Biologically Born male always male, born female always female. A person can identify as whatever they want but it is just that IDENTIFY. Scientific fact if you have a Y chromosome you are male. At the end of the day who the fuck cares? Live and let live but please do NOT mix up ‘identify’ as and ‘biological fact’."
well you know what you can do with your own personal view !

By *ity_BoyMan  over a year ago

London

"I don't see many women who have "become men" on here, are there any, or even female cross dressers who wear y-fronts, vests, boxers etc...?"

You mean trans men.

They are less of a target because in TERFs eyes they are still women and not a threat to them

It's harder for them to justify their transphobia when they can't use the "boogeyman in the women's bathroom" excuse.

"I don't see many women who have "become men" on here, are there any, or even female cross dressers who wear y-fronts, vests, boxers etc...?

You mean trans men.

They are less of a target because in TERFs eyes they are still women and not a threat to them

It's harder for them to justify their transphobia when they can't use the "boogeyman in the women's bathroom" excuse."

I live drawing the snakes out of the grass into the light for everyone to see x