FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Friends priority messages

Friends priority messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *riendly fred OP   Man  over a year ago

southampton

Does anyone else think it would be helpful to have priority mail box or flagged messages from people on your friends list or people you have exchanged messages with recently?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

No because it's easy enough to just scroll through

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

When I put up a new pic I can get over 100 messages in a day. Most I won't reply to nut friends get lost amongst them.

Personally I think this option would be really useful.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It would be an incredibly useful feature.

By *herryEatersCouple  over a year ago

East Cheshire

"Does anyone else think it would be helpful to have priority mail box or flagged messages from people on your friends list or people you have exchanged messages with recently? "

YES !

By *herryEatersCouple  over a year ago

East Cheshire

"When I put up a new pic I can get over 100 messages in a day. Most I won't reply to nut friends get lost amongst them.

Personally I think this option would be really useful. "

Exactly,I knew a young lady who got 500 messages one day (showed me on her phone), it was unmanageable

I would also like to see friends only status updates. So for example, if I had a free evening and wanted to see if any friends fancied meeting, I could put it in a status update and choose "friends only". Thus avoiding the barrage of offers from others. Just an example

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

No, my actual friends can contact me off Fab if they need to

"I would also like to see friends only status updates. So for example, if I had a free evening and wanted to see if any friends fancied meeting, I could put it in a status update and choose "friends only". Thus avoiding the barrage of offers from others. Just an example "

Both, this and the initial post are great ideas.

Maybe post your idea as a separate thread, so not to be missed

By *an1978Woman  over a year ago

GONE/TIMEOUT (No DMs please)

"Does anyone else think it would be helpful to have priority mail box or flagged messages from people on your friends list or people you have exchanged messages with recently? "

I think it could be helpful to filter by friends, I just scroll down looking at the right hand side where it shows how many messages, so those in treble figures are easier to spot andare likely friends lol.

Save message from VIPs, then use the saved message inbox as your priority list. Simple

That sounds like a good idea. We read all our messages and block and delete most. It can take quite a lot of time to sift through them for messages we want to read.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

But the group messages are just as quick to scroll through

What are group messages and how do we get them please?

By *insbury Park FabberMan  over a year ago

London

"What are group messages and how do we get them please?"

I think the gentleman means 'grouped' which is how the messages display in the 'new mailbox' - it's not really new any more, but that's what it's described as. So if you say send a couple of messages to me a few minutes apart they'll appear together in my mailbox, one above the other; under the old mailbox they'd appear singly and be divided by any other messages received between the two.

For what it's worth, I agree with the OP. Even with grouped messages, there's an awful lot of scrolling to be done if you receive many hundreds of messages per day. Some couples and single girls get this many, and it's easy to see how messages they actually want to read from people on their friends list could be missed.

By *eliusMan  over a year ago

Henlow

Of course if you only get 1 or 2 a day, then as someone on here said ‘just scroll through them’… some people get 50+ a day so I reckon yeah, it’s a great idea

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think it would be useful to have this as well as some user control over who gets added to the priority grouping.

There could be several groups, that users could create, for filtering by priority levels, eg 1, Friends. 2, Recently chatted, 3. Chatted previously, etc

Agreed. Was going to write something similar myself.

» Add a new message to this topic