FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Accomodation status

Accomodation status

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *astldnCD OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

East London

Sometimes I filter when searching 'can accomodate' or people message me with 'can accommodate' on their profile, when in fact they can't.

It's quite frustrating for someone who can't accommodate. Can't we have a reporting mechanism which then warns the user to make their profile truthful?

Accomodating is the most important thing in making a meet happen and this incorrect information ends up wasting a lot of time!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

I think you are massively overthinking this to try and report someone for not being able to accommodate when they suggest they can.

East London

I see what you're saying, but ultimately this site prides itself on authenticity (verification, recommendations etc.) If the whole point of the site is to meet, why allow people to say they can accommodate when they can't?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We have similar issues with users, usually men, saying they are straight on their profile and then telling us that they are bi. Excuses vary and include because they don't want so many men messaging them though this can be filtered out in "message filters". Anyway we report them for lying and block them. Our policy is that if they are lying then they should be reported but ensure that you are correct. It could be that they are not comfortable with accomodating initially. If they claim they put it on their profile to get more messages then definitely report them and block them.

"I think you are massively overthinking this to try and report someone for not being able to accommodate when they suggest they can.

"

I agree. I can sometimes accommodate but there isn't an option for that. To think I'd get reported for it? Utterly ridiculous.

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

I think some people just don't read the profiles, it says on our can't accommodate but some ask if they can pop round lol

By *eachcplCouple  over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

It is surprising how many men have can't accommodate on the profile then suddenly can if they get a sniff of a possible meet. Wonder why that is?

I can accommodate at times and at other times I can't, I get called out for being a liar when people "expect" they can come over when they want so now I just say I can't, obviously now I'm tarred as married or with partner. I'm in a no win situation so just leave it as it is because my family comes first before playtime

"Sometimes I filter when searching 'can accomodate' or people message me with 'can accommodate' on their profile, when in fact they can't.

It's quite frustrating for someone who can't accommodate. Can't we have a reporting mechanism which then warns the user to make their profile truthful?

Accomodating is the most important thing in making a meet happen and this incorrect information ends up wasting a lot of time!"

Make it the first question you ask them.

Then no time is wasted

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

I can't accommodate all the time as I live with my son and depend on him being at work to accommodate. I got sick of people accusing me of lying so now my profile says I can't accommodate. I seem to get less abuse that way.

By *UFSWoman  over a year ago

belfast

World problems eh

By *aidForSharingWoman  over a year ago

Lancs

[Removed by poster at 10/04/22 12:26:49]

By *aidForSharingWoman  over a year ago

Lancs

"Sometimes I filter when searching 'can accomodate' or people message me with 'can accommodate' on their profile, when in fact they can't.

Accomodating is the most important thing in making a meet happen and this incorrect information ends up wasting a lot of time!"

Maybe they can accommodate but don't want to accommodate you.

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

Just ask them at the start what the situatuon is

East London

It can be changed easily though. Like I was away recently and changed it as I could accommodate in a hotel. I'm talking about people who say they can never accom.

East London

All the freaking time for me!

East London

That's not cool (the abuse). Since it can be changed I simply change it on the rare occasions I can accommodate. Recently I was in Kent, so I updated location and changed to 'can accomodate'. Before leaving, I changed everything back.

East London

Could be, but most of these make the first move with me and my profile says they I can't accom so it's a dud from the start. Just timewasting tbh.

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

I have i cant accom but sometimes i can, i tell potential meets this.. if people are abusing u then they are hardly worth meeting

Its there profile if they can't accommodate that's their business if that doesn't suit you chat to someone else.

I dont accommodate as my son lives with me plus I'm not going to bring a random guy to my home, my personal space to fuck.

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

I can accommodate. However this is not an open invitation into my home, and I would never accommodate on a first meet. Does this make me a liar?

East London

No, but if you said you could never meet it would.

East London

I'm not sure I understand how this relates to people whose profile says they can accomodate but in messages say they never can.

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"I'm not sure I understand how this relates to people whose profile says they can accomodate but in messages say they never can."

Welcome to the world of flakeys where men do say pretty much anything to increase their chances of someone replying to their messages, be it wrong age, sexuality, photos from the Internet, accommodation status, even your own preferences....

All they want is a chance, thinking that once they get at least one foot in through the door - you will magically start ignoring your own preferences and it will become easy to convince you to have sex with them. Possibly even outdoors. Surely accommodation isn't an issue when great adonis is offering his golden rod.

(Last sentence was pure sarcasm).

Missus

By *bwlookingforfunWoman  over a year ago

crawley

I'm still amazed how people actually invite total strangers over. I only acommodate after several meets once I'm comfortable. Just because it is an option on someones profile, it doesn't mean you are entitled to free stay. Just ask before hand and if hotel/other place isn't suitable, move on.

By *ed velvet thornWoman  over a year ago

over the rainbow

I can accommodate some days just not all as I have a 19yr old at home sometimes so what should I state

Can accommodate or can't accommodate there is no in-between either way ive got to explain when sorting out meets

Can't win on here damed if you do damned if you don't

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Some people can sometimes accom and other times can't.

Others it means they are happy to pay for a hotel.

East London

You hit the nail on the head!

East London

That's valid because it's not a "never"

By *ustUS in CardiffCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

We always laugh at the profiles that have 'Cannot accommodate' & then underneath it says 'Cannot travel'

How on earth do they meet anyone, or is it a marker for just another fake profile?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Great posts here. Fab should probably have some greater levels of detail for physical meetings, including location types and what the user prefers. Location could include hotels and clubs. Users could indicate their exclusive requirements or preference for the options.

By * of a kindCouple  over a year ago

Hereford/ Abergavenny

The guy who responded to your message bringing you to account is probably the ones that claim are you can accommodate and then when you arranged to meet its people like him that says they can’t for some bizarre reason accommodate…

This is him by the way By _ellhungvwe Man

Cheltenham

By *he James gangCouple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

Not being able to a accommodate as a single is a way of ing out married/attached, not for any high moral reason. The reason being if attached, they can only meet at certain times, have to go quickly etc. We meet to suit us, not a partner!

Unfortunately the single guys with kids at home can't win.

"

I dont accommodate as my son lives with me plus I'm not going to bring a random guy to my home, my personal space to fuck. "

But you would expect a guy to bring you ( a random woman ) to their house, their personal space to fuck you? Talk about double standards

Does Can accommodate include the ability to provide a hotel room? Asking for a friend!

We get this quite a lot. Someone messages and it says they can accommodate on their profile, we chat for a bit, get to the point of arranging a meet and suddenly they can’t accommodate anymore.

It’s frustrating but not really worth reporting.

Should be an option to indicate hotel meets only. I wouldn't invite anyone to my home or expect to go to theirs.

No, this site prides itself on bringing people together, not "authenticity".

You're meeting people, not products.

Would a Hotel room count as being able to accommodate?

By *exleypeteMan 17 weeks ago

bexleyheath

"I can accommodate at times and at other times I can't, I get called out for being a liar when people "expect" they can come over when they want so now I just say I can't, obviously now I'm tarred as married or with partner. I'm in a no win situation so just leave it as it is because my family comes first before playtime "

Well said

I'm in exactly same position,I state I can accommodate,but do explain on my profile and I'm married,also state when I'm likely to accommodate on my profile,but still get called a liar

By *eautifully-TwistedWoman 17 weeks ago

Telford

I accom sometimes and sometimes I cannot.

I also won't have just anyone in my home, It's not just about trusting that person but I'm not the only one that lives here. It's not just my home.

By (user no longer on site) 17 weeks ago

"No, this site prides itself on bringing people together, not "authenticity".

You're meeting people, not products."

By (user no longer on site) 17 weeks ago

"I'm still amazed how people actually invite total strangers over. I only acommodate after several meets once I'm comfortable. Just because it is an option on someones profile, it doesn't mean you are entitled to free stay. Just ask before hand and if hotel/other place isn't suitable, move on. "

By *uliette500Woman 17 weeks ago

Hull

"I can accommodate at times and at other times I can't, I get called out for being a liar when people "expect" they can come over when they want so now I just say I can't, obviously now I'm tarred as married or with partner. I'm in a no win situation so just leave it as it is because my family comes first before playtime

Well said

I'm in exactly same position,I state I can accommodate,but do explain on my profile and I'm married,also state when I'm likely to accommodate on my profile,but still get called a liar"

I'm in the same situation so I leave mine on can't accommodate and then if chatting with someone I let them know I can on some occasions.

By *J and CBCouple 17 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

"I see what you're saying, but ultimately this site prides itself on authenticity (verification, recommendations etc.) If the whole point of the site is to meet, why allow people to say they can accommodate when they can't? "

We hate anyone who has a silhouette as their profile picture as it seems like they are trying to hide something, like being married.

By *ucka39Man 17 weeks ago

Newcastle

Accommodate can come across as at their house or even hotel

By *ophieslutTV/TS 17 weeks ago

Central

Fab could presumably, make an adjustment, to provide more accom options

By *siaessex2Couple 17 weeks ago

essex

If you share your home with someone who is not participating in your fun then basically you can't accommodate.ie you share with children or are renting a room to someone.or from someone.

By *enis ColadaMan 17 weeks ago

Totnes

"If you share your home with someone who is not participating in your fun then basically you can't accommodate.ie you share with children or are renting a room to someone.or from someone."

Absolutely.This is the situation I'm in at the moment,after an unfortunate year.house sharing with a mate not on the scene

By *issmorganWoman 17 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

I've had this in the past, a bloke who had can accom (after a social) and it's become clear they actually can't and think their car is accommodating.

It is a bit deceptive, if you can't accom ever don't say you can to make you look more appealing to meets.I wouldn't report though, just put a note on their profile for future reference.

If you can sometimes just pop something on your profile that it's only limited when you can etc. Then it's the others fault if they don't read that.

Much of what irks people on fab is others not being entirely truthful,be that accommodating, smoking or sexuality.

» Add a new message to this topic