FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Time Wasters

Time Wasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *olyphemus OP   Couple  over a year ago

Barnstaple

How about a flag for time wasters on their profile like the verification, gold or silver flag.

This would be good ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *olyphemus OP   Couple  over a year ago

Barnstaple

The question marks were supposed to be a no entry sign.

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Members definition of a timewaster varies though.. He said, they said springs to mind and in my opinion it would be difficult to actually verify who's story was correct..

By *udeNTw1stedMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

"Members definition of a timewaster varies though.. He said, they said springs to mind and in my opinion it would be difficult to actually verify who's story was correct.."

Yep. I agree here. It is far too open for people to just lie about it against someone they don't like.

In my experience we have chatted to people. An alarm bells have rang which caused us to not arrange a meet.

The warning signs are there. And mostly they are obvious.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"How about a flag for time wasters on their profile like the verification, gold or silver flag.

This would be good ??"

We've just put a Red Flag on your profile to let everyone know you're time wasters.

Winston

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Members definition of a timewaster varies though.. He said, they said springs to mind and in my opinion it would be difficult to actually verify who's story was correct..

Yep. I agree here. It is far too open for people to just lie about it against someone they don't like.

In my experience we have chatted to people. An alarm bells have rang which caused us to not arrange a meet.

The warning signs are there. And mostly they are obvious. "

This! I've been called all sorts for not wanting to meet people or continue conversations, when infact I've just picked up on red flags that I'm not willing to ignore

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

People who contact me without reading my profile are wasting their own time. Should they all get a red flag too?

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"People who contact me without reading my profile are wasting their own time. Should they all get a red flag too? "

If they expect us to reply then yes. As that is a waste of my time

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Members definition of a timewaster varies though.. He said, they said springs to mind and in my opinion it would be difficult to actually verify who's story was correct.."

Totally

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

^^^^ I've got copious amounts of time on my hands.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

You can report people who don't turn up for meets. More people need to do that.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"You can report people who don't turn up for meets. More people need to do that. "

What happens when you report them ?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"How about a flag for time wasters on their profile like the verification, gold or silver flag.

This would be good ??"

I've just reported you for being a time waster, I expect to see the mark of shame on your profile shortly.

(I obviously haven't reported you, but hopefully you see my point)

By *ackflyingsoloMan  over a year ago

Carrickfergus

I agree, it wouldn’t work. I’ve had the same girl ask to make arrangements three times. We agree, then she disappears. I’ve been sat waiting for her to turn up and she pulled out at 5 pm. Hotel paid for too. Her response is she owes me nothing, it’s a swinging site. Yes, she is right, but there’s manners. She then emailed back a few days later asking me can we meet up at an exclusive hotel. Have fun in the hot tubs etc. Again, a no show and now she’s blocked me!!!! That warrants a red flag but the issue would be … who gets in first?

"I agree, it wouldn’t work. I’ve had the same girl ask to make arrangements three times. We agree, then she disappears. I’ve been sat waiting for her to turn up and she pulled out at 5 pm. Hotel paid for too. Her response is she owes me nothing, it’s a swinging site. Yes, she is right, but there’s manners. She then emailed back a few days later asking me can we meet up at an exclusive hotel. Have fun in the hot tubs etc. Again, a no show and now she’s blocked me!!!! That warrants a red flag but the issue would be … who gets in first?"

I’m sorry this has happened to you but to give someone three chances? Especially after her first response. It would have been an instant block there and then from me.

Viv

Portsmouth

"You can report people who don't turn up for meets. More people need to do that.

What happens when you report them ?"

No idea... I guess if they get reported multiple times they might get a ban? Admin would need to answer that

Portsmouth

"I agree, it wouldn’t work. I’ve had the same girl ask to make arrangements three times. We agree, then she disappears. I’ve been sat waiting for her to turn up and she pulled out at 5 pm. Hotel paid for too. Her response is she owes me nothing, it’s a swinging site. Yes, she is right, but there’s manners. She then emailed back a few days later asking me can we meet up at an exclusive hotel. Have fun in the hot tubs etc. Again, a no show and now she’s blocked me!!!! That warrants a red flag but the issue would be … who gets in first?"

This is why you don't give people second chances.

By *astldnCDTV/TS  over a year ago

East London

These people need their accounts terminating, even if they are paid members.

We find this a good idea though there are some issues for the people that decide. For example when you report another and click they failed to turn up there is usually no way to validate this.

All of the messages are stored on the database and a simple search function which they must have already to check the interactions between the parties could be done. As this wouldn't necessarily be an action that would call for the removal of the profile. If they get enough then perhaps when they do a search they will get other timewasters at the top of their list as these people are less than likely to read your profile.

By *itygamesMan  over a year ago

UK

"You can report people who don't turn up for meets. More people need to do that.

What happens when you report them ?"

They get a parking ticket

This is a swingers site for swingers.. not Facebook.. or dating.. or exchanging recipes.. so the easiest way.. after one year on and no meetings or any interactions. You should be barred and let the swingers meet genuine people.. sorry if this offends

"This is a swingers site for swingers.. not Facebook.. or dating.. or exchanging recipes.. so the easiest way.. after one year on and no meetings or any interactions. You should be barred and let the swingers meet genuine people.. sorry if this offends"

After the last 2 years of lockdown, the site would have no members.

I've got a better idea. Revolutionary I know, why not let people run their profiles the way they want to run them?

If people want to take a year out, so what? How does a dormant profile affect anyone adversely?

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

"This is a swingers site for swingers.. not Facebook.. or dating.. or exchanging recipes.. so the easiest way.. after one year on and no meetings or any interactions. You should be barred and let the swingers meet genuine people.. sorry if this offends"

I think we should ban anyone who wants to ban people who use the site differently to them, and then try to cover it up with "sorry if this offends".

My the nature if the site you will find them BLOCKLIST IS THE BEST and move on

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Humans are learning machines, so we have to largely take responsibility for how and what we learn. If you find that your success rate with meeting attendance isn't what you'd likex the onus is on you to learn from your experience and to modify your approach. If it's very bad, consider balancing it with club attendance, meeting others in planned and unplanned ways. There will still be others present, if your arrangement falls through.

Ultimately, fab will probably cancel accounts, if they repeatedly mess people about and abuse their goodwill. I don't think a warning system would be particularly practical and some would create a new account, if they were highlighted as a potential problem for others.

Adjusting your approach, to likely increasing your successful outcomes with getting to know and meet others, is the best that we can each do, alongside reporting users who fail to turn up.

We haven’t met anyone in over two years through circumstance and personal choice. We have however been on Fab for many years compared to your three months.

So yes, your suggestion offends.

Viv

"This is a swingers site for swingers.. not Facebook.. or dating.. or exchanging recipes.. so the easiest way.. after one year on and no meetings or any interactions. You should be barred and let the swingers meet genuine people.. sorry if this offends

We haven’t met anyone in over two years through circumstance and personal choice. We have however been on Fab for many years compared to your three months.

Viv"

I hadn't spotted that.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

"This is a swingers site for swingers.. not Facebook.. or dating.. or exchanging recipes.. so the easiest way.. after one year on and no meetings or any interactions. You should be barred and let the swingers meet genuine people.. sorry if this offends

Viv"

Yes. My meeting is almost completely on hold due to life circumstances, but I'm verified by in excess of 150 meets and in excess of 100 profiles.

Obviously I'm fake?

"

I hadn't spotted that.

Winston"

I always check the profile out before I comment Winston

"

Yes. My meeting is almost completely on hold due to life circumstances, but I'm verified by in excess of 150 meets and in excess of 100 profiles.

Obviously I'm fake?"

I’ve seen your profile on FakeSwingers

Manchester (she/her)

[Removed by poster at 28/04/22 15:16:58]

Manchester (she/her)

"

Obviously I'm fake?

I’ve seen your profile on FakeSwingers

"

"[Timewasting profile removed by poster at 28/04/22 15:16:58]"

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

"[Timewasting profile removed by poster at 28/04/22 15:16:58]

Winston"

I'm such a time waster

By *J and CBCouple  over a year ago

Uttoxeter

There should be a seperate area of FAB for all paid up site supporters can use and the ones who don't pay can't.

We’ve come across our fair share infact it was them who kinda put us off a bit with it all

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

kent

"There should be a seperate area of FAB for all paid up site supporters can use and the ones who don't pay can't. "

Think there is a chat room for site supporters only

"[Timewasting profile removed by poster at 28/04/22 15:16:58]

Winston

I'm such a tease "

Uh huh uh huh.....

Winston

how could you prove that they never turned up. Ave had lots of let downs.walked to where they were supposed to be and they werent there at all.so how do you prove that they didnt show up?

This would be good ??"

Can I pls buy 500 messing flags pls . I'll use 25 of em today and another 3 tonite when no fucker turns up ..

We almost entirely agree with what Sophieslut wrote earlier. The only point that we disagree upon is that we are entirely responsible for our learning and not largely. We're not looking for a fight or arguement over this yet the comments were so very nearly perfect that we had to point out this discrepancy.

By *hropsGuy69Man  over a year ago

telford

All sounds a bit complicated …

If I think someone is a time waster or generally not very nice I will add a private note to their profile ..

If I strongly think someone is fake then I ban them ..

By *ornypair300Couple  over a year ago

scottish borders

We have literally just had our time wasted tonight by a verified profile , just goes to show that there really isn’t anything stranger than folk . Arranged meet in plenty of time too , active on fab but blatently ignoring mails

How could you prove they hadnt turned up? A number of years ago i gave a man i was arranging to meet a postcode as to where to pick me up. He woudnt disclose contact details. He told me he would be there at a time we both agreed on.i walked to the place 5 mins before he was due. He didnt show.i waited 15 extra mins after the time, i even walked the entire street twice to make sure i hadnt missed him. When i got home(its only a few mins from where we were due to meet) i sent him a message. I got a reply back about two hours later to say he had been to the location 5 mins before i was due to meet him and had waited for thirty mins. I told him i was there.the place is the name of a takeaway local to me so it cant be missed.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"There should be a seperate area of FAB for all paid up site supporters can use and the ones who don't pay can't. "

What would this achieve?

Do you honestly think people looking for kicks and cheap thrills who will gladly waste the time of others, can't afford £2.50 a month?

A

Manchester (she/her)

"There should be a seperate area of FAB for all paid up site supporters can use and the ones who don't pay can't.

What would this achieve?

Do you honestly think people looking for kicks and cheap thrills who will gladly waste the time of others, can't afford £2.50 a month?

A"

People pay much more for entertainment...

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"There should be a seperate area of FAB for all paid up site supporters can use and the ones who don't pay can't.

What would this achieve?

A

People pay much more for entertainment..."

Yep. And they quibble about the cost of netflix.

Definitely no chill.....

A

What would this achieve?

A"

What would it achieve? Well, more cast iron guaranteed genuine people and being knee deep in clunge obvs.....

Winston

By *he Senior ServiceMan  over a year ago

Doncaster

Sorry but if they don't show the first time I'd block and report them, if your fool enough to let them string you along and pay for hotels then you only have yourself to blame

By *w5kerriTV/TS  over a year ago

SIN BIN CITY

"You can report people who don't turn up for meets. More people need to do that. "

This. Admittedly, i do this and very little to nothing seems to happen atm but I suspect that’s because few people do this/know that they can do this.

I, for one, would just like to say the people who let someone get ready (dress, make up, nerves etc) for a meet & don’t show are irredeemable arseholes of the highest order.

***Full disclose: It’s literally happened to me in the last 24 hrs***

By *abygirl6969TV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I think I’ve blocked half the site, honestly. Verifications are no guarantee for quality people either.

We could also do with flags for men claiming to be couples and for those who say they can accommodate but then tell you they can't...

By *adi333TV/TS  over a year ago

Felixstowe

Timewasters give this site a bad name

By *ustmitchCouple  over a year ago

stow on the wold

What can you do if someone that was going to meet you then one hour before just disappears off the site along with all the messages you sent them and the message they sent you you can't do anything we take it we have him our post code ect and phone number it's a bit worrying

By *iceguy78Man  over a year ago

st helens

Lol that just makes no sense, you making a big assumption that all people on here can get a meet.

I find that it’s actually quite difficult to meet people from here, and I don’t think I’m alone in that.

So if I don’t get luckily enough to meet someone in the next 12 months that’s it…? Sorry but the logic is flawed

Over the years we've been stood up 20+ times .. in with that we've booked n paid for 6 hotels ..travelled to Angel of North from Leeds .. no show .. one stunning 24/25 year female turned out to be a 50 year old guy with a big chin .. yes I agree flags are a good idea .. so when you read our profile n it reads a it does .. thats experience!! ...

This would be good ??

We've just put a Red Flag on your profile to let everyone know you're time wasters.

Winston "

And I've blocked you

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

"Over the years we've been stood up 20+ times .. in with that we've booked n paid for 6 hotels ..travelled to Angel of North from Leeds .. no show .. one stunning 24/25 year female turned out to be a 50 year old guy with a big chin .. yes I agree flags are a good idea .. so when you read our profile n it reads a it does .. thats experience!! ... "

You should maybe change the way you do your searching and vetting of meets if youve had that many. Ive been on this site off and on for 13 years and never had a no show

Well said, it’s like taking the trash out, there’s so much of it lying around on the site now, it’s hard to spot the real swingers.

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

"This is a swingers site for swingers.. not Facebook.. or dating.. or exchanging recipes.. or to review television programmes.. so the easiest way.. after one year on and no meetings or any interactions. You should be barred and let the swingers meet genuine people.. sorry if this offends"

There you go, I have fixed it for you #greenarrow

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

" .. one stunning 24/25 year female turned out to be a 50 year old guy with a big chin .. "

See....there's this thing called the Internet where you can have video chats with people. Apparently some new fangle dangled phone do this too.

Blind dates are all well and good but if you're finding yourself being let down, stood up and duped a lot there are some simple things that can be done to reduce the liklihood of that happening...

Just a though.

A

By *aymicCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Good Idea get rid of pic collectors etc Bravo Well said

By *eaty2000Man  over a year ago

Dorset

If I was lucky enough to get my first neet after 3 years I'd definitely turn up . Lol

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

This would be good ??"

This is suggested quite regularly but is clearly unworkable.

It's impossible to establish if a report of time wasting is genuine or malicious, and people have different interpretations of time wasting.

I think that sometimes people are so keen to meet, they dindo due diligence and miss red flags.

In almost 10 years on Fab we've never had a time waster or no show. Admittedly we mainly use clubs but all meets arranged via Fab have turned up.

Nita

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

We’ve been accused of being ‘timewasters’ due to finding out during chat we weren’t compatible. So anyone’s opinion on this subject is purely hearsay

"We’ve been accused of being ‘timewasters’ due to finding out during chat we weren’t compatible. So anyone’s opinion on this subject is purely hearsay"

That's exactly right, chat is to see if you want to meet the other person/s and visa versa.

It's not time wasting to chat but decide against meeting.

This would be good ??

This is suggested quite regularly but is clearly unworkable.

It's impossible to establish if a report of time wasting is genuine or malicious, and people have different interpretations of time wasting.

I think that sometimes people are so keen to meet, they dindo due diligence and miss red flags.

In almost 10 years on Fab we've never had a time waster or no show. Admittedly we mainly use clubs but all meets arranged via Fab have turned up.

Nita"

» Add a new message to this topic