FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > I see Tinder has a ‘blue tick’ .. good idea

I see Tinder has a ‘blue tick’ .. good idea

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eynard_Argent OP   Man  over a year ago

Witham

The Tinder Blue Tick is a good idea … a step-up from Fabs photo veri … I think SOMETHING like that would be a good idea, for Fabs to adopt.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *riel13Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

What does it mean though?

By *mma1973Woman  over a year ago

graffiti bridge

Seems to be the equivalent of photo verification on here

By *rsmith21zMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Don't use tinder tbh lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Tinder verification requires you to take selfies in different poses or at different angles to verify authenticity

By *oodgirl and her ScotsmanCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln/Wokingham

The thing with the photo verification is that it still doesn't mean the public photos on the profile are real. The verification photo is then hidden once done.

Witham

[Removed by poster at 16/06/22 23:49:26]

Witham

In contrast to the Fabs photo-verification, the Tinder Blue Tick “promises” a cross-check against profile pictures. It looks to me like a similar option on Fabs would be a really good enhancement.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"In contrast to the Fabs photo-verification, the Tinder Blue Tick “promises” a cross-check against profile pictures. It looks to me like a similar option on Fabs would be a really good enhancement. "

My photo veri pic is my face.

All but a couple of my others don't have my face in.

Which brings me to my question.

How is this "cross referencing" achieved?

Does my torso look appropriate for my leg? Imagine being told your body parts don't match...

Witham

What Tinder ask for is a series of real-time posed selfies, which are compared to existing profile photos using AI technology and then a human check too.

Verified profiles display a blue tick, so members know they can put extra trust those profiles.

You can chose not to take part, many will. So your profile maybe not getting authorised first time isn’t really gonna be a big deal. You just have to try adding some extra poses and pictures.

Fabs already gives you flexibility to control the privacy level of your pics so you can easily set the extra face pics to private if you want.

Like photo verification it’s s choice … I can’t see a downside, only the upside in making Fabs better.

"What Tinder ask for is a series of real-time posed selfies, which are compared to existing profile photos using AI technology and then a human check too.

Verified profiles display a blue tick, so members know they can put extra trust those profiles.

You can chose not to take part, many will. So your profile maybe not getting authorised first time isn’t really gonna be a big deal. You just have to try adding some extra poses and pictures.

Fabs already gives you flexibility to control the privacy level of your pics so you can easily set the extra face pics to private if you want.

Like photo verification it’s s choice … I can’t see a downside, only the upside in making Fabs better.

"

I'm not sure it would work as well for a swinger's/sex site as it would a dating one.

I've never bothered with dating sites but I imagine most show their faces publicly.

By *udeNTw1stedMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

AI Technology isn't cheap.

I also don't think it's fair to say Fab could use similar Tech.

Last year Tinder reportedly made $1.6 Billion in revenue. I'm pretty sure Fabs revenue is not even remotely close to that.

Fab gives users the tools on here to make it easy to not interact with people if someone doesn't believe they are real. But in saying that, it's a matter of opinion really. Someone you may feel is fake could indeed be as real as they come.

"What Tinder ask for is a series of real-time posed selfies, which are compared to existing profile photos using AI technology and then a human check too.

"

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

In my experience even 'blue tick' profiles on Tinder are still usually people trying to get Onlyfans subscribers etc, they're just more likely to be actual people than sock puppets with stolen photos.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Why can't everyone just learn how to spot fakes, losers and time wasters

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Why can't everyone just learn how to spot fakes, losers and time wasters "

Apparently our fivers are going to build a whole new AI engine to provide it as a service instead.

"Why can't everyone just learn how to spot fakes, losers and time wasters "

Because everyone is different, some will spot then pretty quick, others are a little more vulnerable.

» Add a new message to this topic