FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > No Timewasters we say but...

No Timewasters we say but...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

... putting it on our profile seems pointless as it obviously doesn't deter anyone. I wonder why Admin can't have some kind of tracking system whereby if they get enough complaint about one person (or, I fear to say, couple - that's brave of me!), they block them.

It just wastes so much of people's time and enjoyment.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

Its only your word against theirs.. people could use a system like that in a malicious way.. i dont like you so i could tell all my friends to complain and report you..

I know it had to be policed properly but if you are well verified it could count for more. Also I dont think (or naively hope) that people aren't vindictive for the sake of it. Surely you would have had to do something bad to start with for people to report maliciously

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

It depends I suppose on your definition of timewaster?

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Common knowledge gives some indications on the communication between the two where things are or going to be.... (Expectations) if a person decided to change their minds they are allowed to

Absolutely! I'm thinking more about planning meets and then the person just not turning up or, suddenly something untoward happens. Or maybe attending swinger meets is just plain bad luck given how many people suddenly find that Granny has just died or the car's engine has blown up

By *eviants In DefianceCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

"I know it had to be policed properly but if you are well verified it could count for more. Also I dont think (or naively hope) that people aren't vindictive for the sake of it. Surely you would have had to do something bad to start with for people to report maliciously "

You are very naïve if you think people aren't malicious or vindictive. Why does someone have to had done something "wrong" for people to turn on them?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Absolutely! I'm thinking more about planning meets and then the person just not turning up or, suddenly something untoward happens. Or maybe attending swinger meets is just plain bad luck given how many people suddenly find that Granny has just died or the car's engine has blown up "

So you want a hack for life happening to people?!

Life happens, nutters exist, we have to adapt ourselves accordingly. It's a far more peaceful existance

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"So you want a hack for life happening to people?!

Life happens, nutters exist, we have to adapt ourselves accordingly. It's a far more peaceful existance "

So true

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

A meeting with an unknown NSA potential partner, is usually going to be fairly low priority for people, leaving many other things that could complicate or prevent it happening.

Having realistic expectations is essential here, for most aspects of your experience. If you don't, you're more likely to have disappointments.

Expecting too much from a website, abdicating some responsibility for our own results, isn't helpful.

Putting our focus pn ourselves is conversely the likely better effort. Have we learned all that we can, from our results and have we made appropriate changes to our approach - how, why and who we pick, plus how we engaged and arranged, etc?

"Absolutely! I'm thinking more about planning meets and then the person just not turning up or, suddenly something untoward happens. Or maybe attending swinger meets is just plain bad luck given how many people suddenly find that Granny has just died or the car's engine has blown up "

You should stick to meeting older people who don't drive, that way their grannies will likely already be dead and their car engines can't blow up... problem solved

years ago i arranged to meet a guy near where i live. He told me he coudnt get on fab outside so we agreed on the time and i would walk down to meet him a few mins after the time he was due to get there.he messaged to say he had set off and would be at the named place at 9pm. I waited till just after 9 and walked down. Its about 3 mins from mine to where we were meeting. He told me colour and make of car. He wasnt there. I walked up the street taken notice of cars. I waited around a few mins then walked a bit away from where we were due to meet.no sign of him. At this stage i dont like waiting around too long. I walked back along and he still wasnt there. I remember it now being 9-15. I walked back up where i live and sent a message to him on fab. I received one back about an hour later. He had been waiting in wrong location so he claimed. Did i believe him? No. I think he just bottled it.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I broke a bone the day before my first planned meet. I took photos from the hospital and still have the scar. The person I stood up (he told me we'd rearrange while I was sat in A&E not knowing what I'd done) is a good friend to this day

I just posted this the other day on Scotland forums, just saying

"years ago i arranged to meet a guy near where i live. He told me he coudnt get on fab outside so we agreed on the time and i would walk down to meet him a few mins after the time he was due to get there.he messaged to say he had set off and would be at the named place at 9pm. I waited till just after 9 and walked down. Its about 3 mins from mine to where we were meeting. He told me colour and make of car. He wasnt there. I walked up the street taken notice of cars. I waited around a few mins then walked a bit away from where we were due to meet.no sign of him. At this stage i dont like waiting around too long. I walked back along and he still wasnt there. I remember it now being 9-15. I walked back up where i live and sent a message to him on fab. I received one back about an hour later. He had been waiting in wrong location so he claimed. Did i believe him? No. I think he just bottled it. "

I once had a guy arrange to meet at Lime St a few yrs back. Claimed he got on the wrong train and ended up in Birmingham, but only realised 5mins before we were due to meet. Was glad of the swerve, fucking weirdos

"... putting it on our profile seems pointless as it obviously doesn't deter anyone. I wonder why Admin can't have some kind of tracking system whereby if they get enough complaint about one person (or, I fear to say, couple - that's brave of me!), they block them.

It just wastes so much of people's time and enjoyment."

Because its about money, timewasters or not, a lot pay a membership fee.

There is the option to report someone who doesnt turn up already on the site.

I dont know if admin actually do block people, but the option is there.

The issue is the same as any other website. A waster get barred, starts another profile and gets right back to wasting. Tis the nature of the internet.

Just use your block button. Its the only tool that is even slightly effective, as said wasters soon discover there is nobody to talk to and go and troll somewhere else.

We have about 70 fakes, idiots, wasters and men who cant read on the block list.